Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #41  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
Oh, wow...that was a long time ago, lol! I don't really remember the details of why they closed (if I even knew). I do know that Inkadinkado picked up some if not all of their line...
It was closed due to a divorce settlement, according to one of their former project designers. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #42  
Gallery Gazer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
It was closed due to a divorce settlement, according to one of their former project designers. :(
Wow, now that I didn't know!!!! Oh how I miss those designss. The companies seem to be going in a different direction now.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:05 AM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PSX were a fantastic company i have a collection of their stamps and it was a shame when the company closed. Many stampers loved PSX designs we did here in the UK , maybe one day their designs might come back , but the secondary market is the best place to obtain them some are quite collectable and fairly expensive to purchase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #44  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Received 205 Likes on 158 Posts

Seaside Rose, an SCS member, has an etsy store with PSX stamps for sale: http://www.etsy.com/shop/seasiderose

It’s weird being the same age as old people.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: In my stamp room, stamping, painting, and gluing... with the dogs playing under my feet....

Hi, and yes, I do have a substantial collection of PSX and other gorgeous stamps from companies no longer in business.

PSX did close their doors in 2003 following a divorce, and yes, the rights to the line have changed hands a few different times, as someone else posted. My DH and I have tried to track down the "right person" to try to acquire the line but have not been successful as of yet. Inka is selling a very few but hardly none, unfortunately.

Beware of sales for CD's of images of catalog pages which are being marketed on eBay and other sites for people to use as digi stamps. The rights to those images were transferred with the rights to all the images. Those DVD's are probably not at all legal. Using an image from a catalog you own for your own use is another matter, just don't sell them.

As for the stamps, $300 is steep even for eBay. Congrats to whoever got that much for one!!! The most I have ever spent was about $44 and that was for a very rare one that I had been coveting for a LONG time. Usually when I see stamps being bid up over $50, someone has gotten into a bidding war and will probably regret that one click bid feature when the auction ends. They are worth a lot, yes, but those high bids are the extreme. If you watch the eBay auctions over the course of a few weeks, you should be able to get them for a more reasonable price. ;)

If you are persistent, you can get a botanical at auction for $10-35. But it Now sales run higher.... $40-60 on average. Some are worth it (for the very rare stamps); others are just gouging. Before buying it now or bidding high, check out the auction history for a specific stamp to see how many come onto eBay and what the usual price is.

I also have many that aren't listed yet. I'll be running ads on SCS for my Etsy store and web site beginning in 7-10 days. In the meantime, if anyone has contact info for anyone of the "powers that be" who currently own the rights, I'd love to have it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #46  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

When I first started stamping years ago, PSX stamps were one of only a few stamp companies that retailed here in Australia. They were so expensive because of the exchange rate between the US and Australia, but I loved them because they had so much detail and I still use them. I have alot of their teddies, dogs and botanicals because my wonderful DH bought them for my birthdays and Christmas - I was a bit too stingy to spend the money! I started laughing when I read this thread - I had no idea I was sitting on a goldmine! Not planning on selling them anyway, but it makes for interesting reading - when I should probably be making some cards for all those family January birthdays........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 04:07 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cathy at the Seaside Rose Cottage - I hope you can track down those rights!!!!
That would be fabulous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

Cannot believe its 2003 since PSX closed its doors, time flys by they were brilliant always great designs was sad when they stopped making their versatile ranges of stamps. In the UK they were well loved and stampers could always rely on theconsistant designs and quality i wonder if maybe the designs will ever be mass produced again by another company, i thought inkadinkadoo did some after they closed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 07:52 AM   #49  
Kookie Creator

If you think the prices were high for PSX before, check out eBay now. The Cardinal with sled K-2431 goes on average for $50 (I got lucky and got mine for $32). When the stamps first came out I couldn't afford them and so bought only a few. Most of them not the collector variety. When I found out PSX had gone out of business I was exhasperated! Now I'm trying to get the stamps that have been on my wish list while they are still available. Who would have thought that rubber stamps would become as lucrative as postal stamp collection one day. I kind of like the rubber stamp ones - you can craft with them.

One important tip for eBaying: set yourself a limit!!!!!!!! DO NOT BE tempted to get into a tug of war!!!! If you are patient, someone will post the same stamp a while later and you may get it for (alot) less. PATIENCE! If you have been wanting a stamp for a long, long time, go for it. You have been wanting it!

Don't buy to make money! Somebody out ther owns the rights and somebody out there knows there is a market for the PSX! Don't overspend!

I say this, because I was addicted to the PSX fenzy for awhile and it ended up taking on dimensions that I am ashamed of. Only buy what you know you love and will use - yes, spoken like a true organizational coach. LOL!

Necessity is the mother of invention: check out some of the other lovely stamps out there or get creative with the ones you have!

Happy stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #50  
Polyshrink Goddess

We had a benefit stamp/mixed media sale for a family this summer. The lady who passed away had "TONS" of stamps and so many PSX it was a sight to be hold. We researched as much information on Ebay to sell at a good price. The end result was a lot of money for the family. The most rewarding part of this story is that so many people who loved PSX benefited by buying them at a reasonable price and helped to bring a great of comfort to a grieving family. I know we had probably at least a thousand old PSX stamps..botanicals, Christmas, Halloween and etc. I was so priviledged to be able to help with the benefit and also find some treasures that I had been looking for. I do use mine a lot and some I have just sitting in my stamp room to admire. Good memories of that day and my PSX stamps will be with me forever.

~~~~Carol from SW suburbs of Chicago
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Marchand stamp store in Kingston, Ontario had a ton of PSX stamps when I was there last year. I don't know if they mail order, and I don't remember if they had any of the prized ones, but they had a lot. I didn't see any Botanicals (or I would have bought them for myself!), but for PSX fans, there is a cache of them at Marchand's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #52  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen Stamps!View Post
Marchand stamp store in Kingston, Ontario had a ton of PSX stamps when I was there last year. I don't know if they mail order, and I don't remember if they had any of the prized ones, but they had a lot. I didn't see any Botanicals (or I would have bought them for myself!), but for PSX fans, there is a cache of them at Marchand's.

Do they have an online store?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2010, 06:31 AM   #53  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

pointsettia, pansy and iris usually go for just over $10. Calla lily and some others range in the $20 area. Queen anne's lace high $20s. Any birds go over fifty, unless you are really lucky! ask me how I know??!! I have gotten some and the images are in my gallery as cards. I do love the botanicals and birds and still searching for a few. I just wish I had been smart enough to get the way back when!!!
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #54  
Die Cut Diva

Heart

All my first stamps, 14 years ago, were PSX... they are really what go me into this craft (obsession?). I have an old cattie, of theirs, that I occasionally look at and say, why didn't I buy this one or that one? ...'cause they are worth a fortune now! I tell my daughter when I "pop my cogs" she can get rich selling them... LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #55  

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonniestamperView Post
All my first stamps, 14 years ago, were PSX... they are really what go me into this craft (obsession?). I have an old cattie, of theirs, that I occasionally look at and say, why didn't I buy this one or that one? ...'cause they are worth a fortune now! I tell my daughter when I "pop my cogs" she can get rich selling them... LOL
yeah..... I told my kids NOT to sell them in one lot on ebay-definately break them up to get more
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 05:49 AM   #56  
Kookie Creator

I really regret not buying some of their dog stamps when I first started. Their brand was the first I came across here. Just can't stop buying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 675 Likes on 348 Posts

I think I also remembered that the PSX Wood Blocks were laquered, so they stayed really nice looking. :-) LM

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #58  
Inking Addict

This old post is interesting.
As far as I knew, PSX was bought out by Duncan Enterprises. I remember writing to them in January of '07 asking about their angel policy because I own hundreds of PSX stamps. This is what they got back to me with:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding PSX designs and the use of our products for hand-crafted sale. We welcome artists who wish to sell their hand-made craftwork using our PSX� branded products. This practice is known as an Angel Policy and has been adopted as a benefit to PSX Customers. We have granted permission in the form of a limited license to use any PSX products for the purpose of creating craftworks for sale. The policy guidelines are as follows:
Each craftwork created for sale must be personally and individually made by the selling artist and may not be reproduced or copied in any form by any means, graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying. Mass production, assembly-line construction, production by workers for hire, or syndication of the design for sale is strictly prohibited.
Each item that has one or more PSX� designs must be marked with "� PSX�," in a size and location that gives reasonable notice.
All PSX designs are copyrighted (which means that they may not be copied without written permission).
The quantity limit for for-sale handmade craftworks is no more than 100 items per year (year being 12 months from the date of your first sale).
You may sell your craftworks at community fundraisers, seasonal boutiques or bazaars, or other temporary craft events. However, the PSX name, trademarks, or logos cannot be used at any location where items are sold, nor may they be used in any manner to solicit sales of such items. Handmade items cannot be sold in any permanent retail location (any location that conducts business in a store, consignment shop, kiosk, mall or Internet site), nor may they be sold to other vendors for resale purposes.

 You may not use PSX images for the purpose of creating logos or company trademarks.

Persons creating handmade items for sale are responsible for complying with any state and local business and tax regulations.

Persons participating in this Angel Policy assume all liability for suitability of their work and agree to indemnify PSX and its artists from disputes arising from their work.

PSX branded products and designs are owned by Duncan Enterprises, a California corporation. The laws of the State of California govern the policy. The state and federal courts for Fresno County, California, will have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceeding arising from this policy. Any failure by Duncan Enterprises to enforce any of its rights will not constitute a waiver of such rights.

Currently, Duncan Enterprises is no longer manufacturing PSX branded products, however, all copyrights are still owned and protected by Duncan Enterprises.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Since getting this correspondence, the company name has changed and they are now here: ilovetocreate.com
I am not sure about who owns the PSX copyright now, though... Inkadinkado makes stamps that are ridiculously similar to the old PSX stamps... I have even seen some Ebay sellers duplicate PSX designs in acrylic or clear stamps (which I don't like one bit, I stick with red rubber!). I sure do wish PSX were still in business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #59  
Inking Addict

And then I just found this:

This is a brand page for the PSX RUBBER STAMPS FOR CREATIVITY trademark by DUNCAN ENTERPRISES in Fresno, CA, 93727. Contact the owner DUNCAN ENTERPRISES of the PSX RUBBER STAMPS FOR CREATIVITY trademark by filing a request to communicate with the Legal Correspondent for licensing, use, and/or questions related to the PSX RUBBER STAMPS FOR CREATIVITY trademark.
On Monday, April 26, 2004, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for PSX RUBBER STAMPS FOR CREATIVITY by DUNCAN ENTERPRISES, Fresno, CA 93727. The USPTO has given the PSX RUBBER STAMPS FOR CREATIVITY trademark serial number of 78408343. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED-FAILURE TO RESPOND OR LATE RESPONSE. The correspondent listed for PSX RUBBER STAMPS FOR CREATIVITY is TRACY A. AGRALL of TRACY A. AGRALL, A PROFESSIONAL CORPORAT, P.O. BOX 3365, CLOVIS, CA 93613-3365 . The PSX RUBBER STAMPS FOR CREATIVITY trademark is filed in the category of Paper Goods and Printed Material . The description provided to the USPTO for PSX RUBBER STAMPS FOR CREATIVITY is RUBBER STAMPS.

So, based on reading this, maybe nobody owns the trademark anymore!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

I think You are right! No one owns that trademark, from the information you provided above. Looks like it's open for anyone interested to buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #61  
Glitter Queen

Default PSX stamps

Quote:

Originally Posted by diane617View Post
pointsettia, pansy and iris usually go for just over $10. Calla lily and some others range in the $20 area. Queen anne's lace high $20s. Any birds go over fifty, unless you are really lucky! ask me how I know??!! I have gotten some and the images are in my gallery as cards. I do love the botanicals and birds and still searching for a few. I just wish I had been smart enough to get the way back when!!!
I have quite a few PSX stamps that I've collected over the years, and I'm still buying more......I tend to like the scenic ones, birds, and flowers. There is a lady in England who sells stamp offs of the floral ones, and some others too, no one seems to stop her, she's been doing it for years, but she's the only one I know of......you can do an e bay search for PSX stamped images and they will come up in a lot.

Why can't we, who love and collect PSX stamps, just have an exchange......I have some really nice ones, and a few smaller ones as well, and oh how I love my PSX stamps.......can't imagine selling them, but I would be happy to swap images, especially birds and scenic ones.......anybody game?? Is doesn't seem possible to post them here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #62  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniewView Post
I have quite a few PSX stamps that I've collected over the years, and I'm still buying more......I tend to like the scenic ones, birds, and flowers. There is a lady in England who sells stamp offs of the floral ones, and some others too, no one seems to stop her, she's been doing it for years, but she's the only one I know of......you can do an e bay search for PSX stamped images and they will come up in a lot.

Why can't we, who love and collect PSX stamps, just have an exchange......I have some really nice ones, and a few smaller ones as well, and oh how I love my PSX stamps.......can't imagine selling them, but I would be happy to swap images, especially birds and scenic ones.......anybody game?? Is doesn't seem possible to post them here.
Just to clarify, I meant exchanging the stamped images, not the actual stamp, altho that would be fun too.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #63  
Die Cut Diva

To all PSX lovers out there - I will be selling a number of PSX stamps in the near future for a friend of mine. While she is hanging on to a number of them, she is also selling lots. I will have a list up with prices in the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum soon, but I need to do my due diligience regarding pricing for her as well.

Donna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #64  
mwc
Matboard Maniac

Default PSX Stamps

I believe Ellison bought part/all of Inkadinkado.

Does anyone know of a complete list of PSX samps?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside RoseView Post
Hi, and yes, I do have a substantial collection of PSX and other gorgeous stamps from companies no longer in business.

PSX did close their doors in 2003 following a divorce, and yes, the rights to the line have changed hands a few different times, as someone else posted. My DH and I have tried to track down the "right person" to try to acquire the line but have not been successful as of yet. Inka is selling a very few but hardly none, unfortunately.

Beware of sales for CD's of images of catalog pages which are being marketed on eBay and other sites for people to use as digi stamps. The rights to those images were transferred with the rights to all the images. Those DVD's are probably not at all legal. Using an image from a catalog you own for your own use is another matter, just don't sell them.

As for the stamps, $300 is steep even for eBay. Congrats to whoever got that much for one!!! The most I have ever spent was about $44 and that was for a very rare one that I had been coveting for a LONG time. Usually when I see stamps being bid up over $50, someone has gotten into a bidding war and will probably regret that one click bid feature when the auction ends. They are worth a lot, yes, but those high bids are the extreme. If you watch the eBay auctions over the course of a few weeks, you should be able to get them for a more reasonable price. ;)

If you are persistent, you can get a botanical at auction for $10-35. But it Now sales run higher.... $40-60 on average. Some are worth it (for the very rare stamps); others are just gouging. Before buying it now or bidding high, check out the auction history for a specific stamp to see how many come onto eBay and what the usual price is.

I also have many that aren't listed yet. I'll be running ads on SCS for my Etsy store and web site beginning in 7-10 days. In the meantime, if anyone has contact info for anyone of the "powers that be" who currently own the rights, I'd love to have it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #65  
Glitter Guru

EKSuccess has Inkadinkado. They also sell Martha Stewart and Perler along with many others.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2018, 10:45 AM   #66  
Cardstock Collector

Heart

Hello all!
I came to know Joel and Marina who started PSX stamps back in the early to mid 80s. Very nice people. I believe they have since sold the business and moved on. I remember when they had a place in a basement of sorts by the water in Petaluma, Ca, and they had people hand making the stamps with small vulcanizers. People sat all over the room at tables cutting the rubber images when they came out of the vulcanizers and assembling them as stamps. We got the 10cent tour and had a blast.

I have several of their stamps and agree that they were the best.

Also, i am relocating to California from New York in about 6 months and am selling a bunch...no, more than a bunch..hundreds of rubber stamps at reasonable prices if anyone is interested. They are all in excellent shape.

I don�t know how i might show the images, but would be glad to if there was a way. Possibly someone could help me with a solution. I believe there might be some PSX stamps in the lot.

Also, has anyone ever been to the California stamp show, held once a year in Los Angeles? It�s a hoot.

I also have mounting rubber/ cushion and double sided sticky cushion and lengths of rubber stamp mounting wood for sale.
I used to design my own stamps and sell them privately.

Let me know if anyone is interested or knows of a way to show my stamps for sale.
Thanks!
Christine Garza
Ps....yes, i am on FaceBook
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2018, 01:08 PM   #67  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,057 Likes on 815 Posts

You can post in the Buy and Sell section of the forum. You would need to make a few more posts before you can attach photos, but I think you would be able to insert them by clicking on the icon that looks like the landscape icon on a camera.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine GarzaView Post
Hello all!
I came to know Joel and Marina who started PSX stamps back in the early to mid 80s. Very nice people. I believe they have since sold the business and moved on. I remember when they had a place in a basement of sorts by the water in Petaluma, Ca, and they had people hand making the stamps with small vulcanizers. People sat all over the room at tables cutting the rubber images when they came out of the vulcanizers and assembling them as stamps. We got the 10cent tour and had a blast.

I have several of their stamps and agree that they were the best.

Also, i am relocating to California from New York in about 6 months and am selling a bunch...no, more than a bunch..hundreds of rubber stamps at reasonable prices if anyone is interested. They are all in excellent shape.

I don�t know how i might show the images, but would be glad to if there was a way. Possibly someone could help me with a solution. I believe there might be some PSX stamps in the lot.

Also, has anyone ever been to the California stamp show, held once a year in Los Angeles? It�s a hoot.

I also have mounting rubber/ cushion and double sided sticky cushion and lengths of rubber stamp mounting wood for sale.
I used to design my own stamps and sell them privately.

Let me know if anyone is interested or knows of a way to show my stamps for sale.
Thanks!
Christine Garza
Ps....yes, i am on FaceBook
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2018, 04:26 PM   #68  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a many PSX stamps and I treasure them. I'm always looking for them, but at a fair price. I found a large cardinal at goodwill for 99 cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2018, 05:04 PM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,165 Likes on 498 Posts

If sell on scs I might be inserted If can see what have and prices. I don't facebook. thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2018, 03:44 PM   #70  
Matboard Maniac

As I recall, the couple that owned the business divorced, and it was messy. They refused to come to an agreement about PSX so it was sold and the profit divided between them. Very sad. I think a couple of different companies have rights to the designs, but haven't done much with them. I have a few PSX stamps and I will never let them go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2019, 08:44 AM   #71  
Cardstock Collector

Default They had beautiful stamps

I loved their designs but the stamps themselves were beautiful. Such nice wood and they were heavy. I use to have a lot of their bigger stamps in the '90s and moved in 2012 and couldn't bring them. I really miss them. I found one at a Junior League thrift store with some other stamps for 4 dollars. The original sales sticker was on it. It was $11.99 a lot for a stamp then. It brought back a lot of good memories. I also miss Rubber Stamp Madness magazine when it was big and made with newspaper print. They gradually went to a regular magazine style. I suppose it's gone too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2019, 01:08 PM   #72  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

There is something about ps x stamps, the quality is so good. They seem to be very collectable, check out ebay!

I've found all my ps x stamps at thrift stores, too. I'm always thrilled to find one here and there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2019, 06:36 PM   #73  
Glitter Queen

I've got a question - from what I could find, PSX became a company in 1982? I have a stamp, and I even used a magnifying lens and it sure looks like it says 1963 (even had another family member look too, not mentioning the year I thought it looked like (I was debating between 1963 and 1983, but with the magnifying lens, it really, really looks like a 6). There is no number of the stamp, just the logo, the date, PSX, and then Petaluma, CA. It's a a small stamp of a rose (the rubber stamp part itself is white with blue (the blue might be ink staining?). Is it possible it's 1963 or is it possible it's a mis-type of the date?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2019, 05:02 AM   #74  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by harper34View Post
I've got a question - from what I could find, PSX became a company in 1982? I have a stamp, and I even used a magnifying lens and it sure looks like it says 1963 (even had another family member look too, not mentioning the year I thought it looked like (I was debating between 1963 and 1983, but with the magnifying lens, it really, really looks like a 6). There is no number of the stamp, just the logo, the date, PSX, and then Petaluma, CA. It's a a small stamp of a rose (the rubber stamp part itself is white with blue (the blue might be ink staining?). Is it possible it's 1963 or is it possible it's a mis-type of the date?

I would go with 83. I have the same problem with a lot of years on stamps, esp older ones. Everything I ever read said PSX started in the 80s with a handful of others like Hero.

Actually Hero is so nice that you might ask them. They might know. They are kind of the Old Man of the Sea in the Industry.

the prices of PSX on ebay can be obscene IMHO. There is some kind of collector thing going on with the botanicals and the birds. Some are not bad like the poinsettias. But some i have seen go for a couple hundred and that is just crazypants to me. I have done a lot of shopping on ebay over the years-it was how I originally was buying stamps bc I didnt know I could buy from Mfgs or about the gen distributors. Patience is your best friend there-AND ALWAYS go back and check the MFG...I cant tell you how many times I see stamps for MORE than the MFG who is still selling it.

If you are willing to take a not pristine one you can get them much cheaper. I am because I am not collecting them. But you have to haunt it.

For a short burst of time Addicted to Stamps (Rubber?) got the rights to make some and was putting out some of the florals-which I grabbed. They have no ID on them though. They are out of business now. They burned the index into the wood vs the original black line. That might have been part of the deal so there was no mistaking the production origin?

Goodwill sells stamp lots online. If you haunt that you can sometimes find one in a lot. But it is a lot-so you have to decide what you want to do about the rest of them. And it is time consuming.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2019, 05:30 AM   #75  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
I would go with 83. I have the same problem with a lot of years on stamps, esp older ones. Everything I ever read said PSX started in the 80s with a handful of others like Hero.

Actually Hero is so nice that you might ask them. They might know. They are kind of the Old Man of the Sea in the Industry.

Thanks so much for your reply! Yeah, '63 just doesn't make any sense (but it sure looks like it, haha). I didn't get close enough in the photos at all to make out the date, sorry, but here is a picture of the stamp (the first one on the left). I got a large collection of stamps from various companies from my aunt to pick through and keep the ones I want and sell the rest, so for the past several days I've been going through hundreds and hundreds of stamps. The PSX stamps are definitely my favorite, just the way the wood feels even, they seem higher quality. I'm only keeping 4 of the PSX stamps (a winter Church stamp, a Merry Christmas stamp, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year stamp, and a stamp with a heart wreath and two cute little birds).
Attached Thumbnails
What happened to the stamp company PSX (Personal Stamp Exchange)? *merged*-2019-06-05-19.08.08-copy.jpg   What happened to the stamp company PSX (Personal Stamp Exchange)? *merged*-2019-06-05-19.09.32-copy.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2019, 05:56 AM   #76  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 509 Likes on 229 Posts

Just in case you ever wanted this collection of trivia:

History of rubber stamping...some early merchants
Graphic Stamp 1973

All Night Media 1974
Hero Arts 1974
RubberStampede 1977
Inkadinkadoo 1980
Personal Stamp Exchange (PSX) 1980

The earliest ever rubber stamps were 1866!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2019, 11:44 AM   #77  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post

I just took closeups of the date and also had my sister, who was just visiting, see what she thought, and she also thinks it says 1963. So weird, right?
Attached Thumbnails
What happened to the stamp company PSX (Personal Stamp Exchange)? *merged*-2019-06-06-14.13.22.jpg   What happened to the stamp company PSX (Personal Stamp Exchange)? *merged*-2019-06-06-14.14.48.jpg   What happened to the stamp company PSX (Personal Stamp Exchange)? *merged*-2019-06-06-14.16.06.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2019, 03:57 PM   #78  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

It looks like 1963 to me too, but I'm old and decrepit so I'm probably wrong.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2019, 04:02 PM   #79  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula in GAView Post
It looks like 1963 to me too, but I'm old and decrepit so I'm probably wrong.

Lol, well, myself (34), my sister (37), and my dad (62), with various stages of eyesight, lol (I wear glasses for nearsightedness, my sister doesn't wear glasses at all, and my dad wears reading glasses), all also see '63. So I don't think it's an age thing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2019, 09:03 PM   #80  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a strong suspicion that if it were 1963, that "6" would look a lot more like the 9, but inverted. The 9 is very clear, especially by the tail. I think the 8 is more of a small circle on top of a large circle, and the smaller circle/top of the 8 has smudged to make it look a little like a 6.
Reply With Quote Likes