Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-28-2006, 02:55 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you want to see in the 07/08 su catalog next year for products or ideas.

Well I know it's stil early and they are already working on the next catalog.but what are yours tought and ideas for new stamp sets ,products or ideas.of what you would like to see .

Here are mine.
I would like to see some samples of ATC's,more scrapbooking kits,I love all the designer paper they have been coming out with.

Can't wait to see what the new in colors for next year will be a nice gold color would be nice and a charcole grey,I also wish they would add water color crayons.markers,to go with them.

Maybe a kit with all the in colors markers,crayons,paper,ink pads,reinkers.then it's a one time thing get it all at once deal.I know that wouldn't be good for everyone since not everyone wants all of it but for those of us who do.then the others can buy it all seperately if they want and buy only the colors they want.

stamp sets with words.for the holidays or special occasions.for example;
birthday sayings.happy belated birthday,happy birthday,make a wish,hope your wishes come true,ieat cake,celebrate,t's your birthday.maybe a couple of sayings and a couple of small images to go with it.a present,candles,cake,

WINTER ONE:useing differant fonts for each words,snowman,let it snow,snowflakes,winter,frosty,cold hands warm hearts,brr,
stamp sets like these,they can be used for us scrappers and tags,atc's, cards.

winter/christmas :joy to the world,winter,icicles,tinsel,happy holidays,celebrate the season,let it snow,first snow,joy,using differant fonts, sizes.

bring back the stazeon ink pads all the colors.chalk ink pads.I miss them and need the refills.

more round stamps with words like the riveting set.

a special new stamps set for every month.so when you spend X amount of money on stamps or products.there will be a stamp set to purchase for a certain amount.the more you spend the more taken off the stamps set.But a stamp set for that month only.must fit the theme for the month.

keep the on board atc album.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 03:05 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

I wouldn't mind seeing the in colors stay, but I bet that isn't going to happen.

I like your idea of a big starter kit, when I was a demo I had a few people ask about that . . .

I can't really think of too much else, I really liked the variety in this year's catalog and haven't gotten everything I want out of it yet!
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 03:53 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

I would love to see an 8x8 scrapbook.... the 6x6 is just to small.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 04:03 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

A charcoal grey color would be fantastic. I'd love to see the In Colors stick around with markers. More ribbon (!), especially with patterns. I'd like to see more boyish birthday sets and a few more sets for baby. That's all I can think of for now.

Member #32310
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 04:26 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

8x8 scrapbook would be great! Even some 8x8 scrapbook kits. In color markers and for them to stick around. More pattern ribbon on a spool, more eyelet colors. Tween girl stamps

BRADS THAT YOU CAN PURCHASE SEPERATE THAT MATCH THE HODGEPODGE SETS!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 05:17 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

More than anything, I would like better samples. I'm not a fan of staples(!) and I think most of the examples in the catalogue are designed to hook the newbie stamper. I wish that they would have about 10% of the samples along the caliber of Debbie Olsen, Jeanne S, etc. I'd also love to see them mix sets -- and get away from the basic formula of set + words + background. This girl needs inspiration!!

Secondly, I would love to have polka dot organdy ribbon!! it is a must have and would love to be able to get it through SU.

Finally, I would love love love for SU to put out a magazine for non demos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 05:23 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I would like to see the hodgepodge items sold seperate. The In Color colors are nice, those I'd like to see stay. And of course more samples. I love their sample cards, but it seems that every time I want a set there is little or no sample card made with it...
Other than that, SU's great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 05:37 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Joan I am with you on staples:-)

Well I want just about everything in the winter mini to make it into that new catalog:-) Would love for the in colors to stay but as a good friend said "SU will not disappoint and will unveil new colors that we will love just as much" Hope she's right. I would love more designer paper variety, "men" stamps, tween stamps, boy stamps,...

Oh this was a bad thread as you are making me want to rush the rest of the year! LOL:-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 05:39 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Ooo, I want the non-demo magazine too!!!

Also, some running sets. You know, cross country, track, 5Ks, Marathons (not for me for my sweetie and his little sister).

More Christian sets. I love the latest set of "inside" words, and it is absolutely impossible to find Scripture that meets my standards, SU snob that I am.

Also, I'm watching a home shopping channel right now...Prima flowers to match the papers/ink etc.

AND, a silent setter. I admit, I am hesitant to buy anyone elses stuff sometimes, especially anything that will cost me more than $20.
I think that's it. Thanks for starting this thread!!!
God Bless,
Victoria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 06:00 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Default new catalog

I would love a magazine. They use to have the 4 set idea books, they were full of great patterns and ideas.
I would like the in colors to stay and add markers/ribbon.
Love the idea of prima flowers for each color family, yes,yes, yes!!!
Sympathy sets, better dog set, not so weird looking, more realistic perhaps
teen sets, sports/scouts/attitude, and last but not least
not so many flower sets. The catty is loaded with flowers....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 06:14 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

TEXTURED PAPER!!
I adore paper of all kinds, and SU! is missing the boat here.

I don't like to use anything with my clubs that send them to the LSS, but I love primas. I too vote for primas to match our colors. Speaking of, can we please please please have a nice peach color?

A DEMO-ONLY SALES SECTION.

I want to be able to buy 10 sheets of one selection of Designer Paper. Refills for Hodge Podge. Yes, buying the whole set/pack adds to my sales, but it also means I only use Hodge Podge occasionally or some strips, small cuts of DP for camps/clubs. I have seen and have designed some gorgeous scrapping pages using the DP as a background, particularly Recollections, but for everyone to have the same (yes that is important), for my 2 clubs plus one extra group of 6 (18 total, plus 3 to demo, 1 for sample) I would have to purchase 11 packets of paper!! Yes, I could use up the rest of the paper for other projects, eventually, but come on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 06:27 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

LOVE to see the In colors remain in the line!!!!! And more mascueline sets too, please!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 06:30 AM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

My wish set may be more appropriate for a mini (limited audience, I think) but I would love to see a set with European landmarks for my travel scrapbooks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 07:01 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
More than anything, I would like better samples. I'm not a fan of staples(!) and I think most of the examples in the catalogue are designed to hook the newbie stamper. I wish that they would have about 10% of the samples along the caliber of Debbie Olsen, Jeanne S, etc. I'd also love to see them mix sets -- and get away from the basic formula of set + words + background. This girl needs inspiration!!

Secondly, I would love to have polka dot organdy ribbon!! it is a must have and would love to be able to get it through SU.

Finally, I would love love love for SU to put out a magazine for non demos.
Well you and I are on the same wavelength. For those of us that do not want to be demos but want to continue with getting better with what we love, some sort of inspiration from Stampin Up would be great. I love this site but I don't always have a computer available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 07:02 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's odd that a couple of you mentioned charcoal gray paper -- I was just thinking that a few days ago! I think they should add it to their "neutrals".

I also "second" the idea of polka dot ribbon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 07:25 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I would like new In Colors (because I know they'll be beautiful), but I think they should keep cool caribbean cause there's nothing close to it. I would like a pinky peach as one of the new colors and I wish they would offer matching markers in a set.
As far as rubber, I want a tea set with a cute round teapot, an image of one or three detailed spoons, a bag with some queenly seal of approval, etc.
I love the idea of 8" scrapbooks instead of the 6".
I hope SU! keeps the designer papers and ribbons coming in the reg catty, and in the minis. They're beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 07:39 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

I love the tea set idea, charcoal gray, and stamp of the month. What I would really like to see is a BIGGER tag punch. When I heard that stampin up was coming out with a new tag punch I was so excited until I saw it is smaller. I really would like to use it with my scrapbooking to have a size large enough to actually journal something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 07:54 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

I hope they keep the new colors too, I love the Cranberry.. I'd like to see some more masculine sets as well, maybe another vintage car set- (ford mustang etc..) I am also hoping they contemplate offering more choices of adhesive- as well as offer a discount for large orders of adhesives. Just a thought.. I also love the idea of Charcoal Grey.

I have the coolest sister in the world, navybrat75!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 08:01 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Beautiful BC with my soulmate and he is a stamper too!!

I would love to see polka dot ribbon, more stitched ribbon, individual hodgepodge puchases, stardust pens, stickles, cheaper adhesive, scalloped punches, a nut set, I could go one for days!
Diaries Of A Stamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 08:03 AM   #20  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajcmeyer
I love the tea set idea, charcoal gray, and stamp of the month. What I would really like to see is a BIGGER tag punch. When I heard that stampin up was coming out with a new tag punch I was so excited until I saw it is smaller. I really would like to use it with my scrapbooking to have a size large enough to actually journal something.
by bigger you mean wider, rather then longer, or both? You do know how to take the original one and make it into a longer tag, right?
I am sure it is old news to others, but here is a post about it, I took some pictures to show folks how to make it longer, it is post number 12
How to Make A Tag Longer

Hope this helps someone
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 08:03 AM   #21  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdiane
My wish set may be more appropriate for a mini (limited audience, I think) but I would love to see a set with European landmarks for my travel scrapbooks.
I am SOOOO with you on this one - I too would LOVE to see this!! our honeymoon was in Italy and I can't wait to get started on those photos - matching/coordinating stamps would be AWESOME!!

what a great thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 08:08 AM   #22  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmiestamps
I would love to see polka dot ribbon, more stitched ribbon, individual hodgepodge puchases, stardust pens, stickles, cheaper adhesive, scalloped punches, a nut set, I could go one for days!
I agree with all of these, also love the idea of a charcoal grey paper, and keep at least some of the new in colors, the cranberry and the cool caribbean, those I have bought more paper of just so I have them. Also the stitched ribbon, I simply adore that, love to see it in more colors, and not just the packages of 2 yards of 5 different kinds, I use much more then that of only one type of ribbon. I love the ribbon period! LOL. Have not done the hodgepodge hardware yet, as I know I will get sucked in and want it all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 08:25 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

I will keep whining about my 'wants' until I see them in the catty.

Colors: Time to get rid of some oldy moldy colors and make way for new trendy colors.

A new color family called Fresh Fruits it would include:
  1. Cranberry Crisp
  2. Wonderful watermelon *new color*
  3. Ripe Raspberry *new color*
  4. Sassy Strawberry *new color*
  5. Apricot Appeal
  6. Tangy Tangerine *new color*
  7. Only Orange
  8. barely banana
  9. Green grapes *new color*
  10. pefectly pear *new color*
  11. blooming blueberries *new color*
  12. perfect plum
By moving some out of other color families, it would make room for the *in colors*, and maybe even add a few other new colors. I wouldn't mind seeing orchid opulence, pale plum, gable green, and summer sun be retired.

I would also like to see more ribbon, more trendy accesories, and more patterened paper.

As for stamps---I would like to see more alphabets, cute animal stamps, LOTS more snowmen stamps, and more greeting sets.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #24  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmferg

Colors: Time to get rid of some oldy moldy colors and make way for new trendy colors.

1. Cranberry Crisp
  5. Apricot Appeal
  7. Only Orange
  8. barely banana
  12. perfect plum
Oh, I love this idea, and the names are making me HUNGRY!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:30 AM   #25  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

1. Cranberry Crisp
  5. Apricot Appeal
  7. Only Orange
  8. barely banana
  12. perfect plum
By moving some out of other color families, it would make room for the *in colors*, and maybe even add a few other new colors. I wouldn't mind seeing orchid opulence, pale plum, gable green, and summer sun be retired.

I would also like to see more ribbon, more trendy accesories, and more patterened paper.

As for stamps---I would like to see more alphabets, cute animal stamps, LOTS more snowmen stamps, and more greeting sets.
Loooove loooove LOVE this idea!!!!

"Wisdom is what's left after we've run out of personal opinions."
Cullen Hightower
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:36 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been thinking about next year and what I would like to see:

Hodgepodge without buying the whole kit; its too expensive for me
Brads in individual colors so if you have a large project or a swap you don't have three colors sitting there you don't need right away
More ribbon
Larger punches that layer
Another set that matches Fairy Nice like Christmas Elves
Yes, yes on the textured paper!!
Something like Twinkling H2Os
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 10:09 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'd like to see maybe some sort of teacher set...with an apple, schoolhouse, students, schoolbus, etc. Now that my boys are in school I'm always thinking up things to make for their teachers and/or their classrooms. More religious sets, St. Patty's Day set...I know there used to be one, but I don't think there is anymore. I'd love a non-demo mag.....hummm, what else....I agree with the individual hodgepodge items, brads, and ribbon. I'd love to see a few more spectrum pads...seems the ones in the catty I don't think the color combs work for me.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 10:36 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

I'd like to see more "inside and outside" sentiments in large, easy-to-read fonts (think something along the lines of the sayings in Cheery Chat but in a font like Brighter Tomorrow).

We really could use another "Happy Anniversary" stamp that isn't part of a large set of other phrases. Right now the *only* anniversary stamp in the catalog is the one in All Year Cheer III, and it's the only one that's been offered for several years.

I'd get good use out of a Sincere Salutation II set, containing phrases such as "Happy Anniversary", "With Sympathy", "Good for You" or "Congratulations", "Love Always", etc.

I like the idea of charcoal grey cardstock and ink! Mmferg had some good color ideas, too. And I hope SU keeps the stitched ribbon coming.

Remember in the 2005-2006 Winter Mini catalog SU offered the Everyday Celebrations set as a "stamp buffet", where they had 8 stamps available and each customer was able to choose the four s/he wanted for a set of 4? I would *LOVE* to see SU offer this for the three All Year Cheer sets. I don't want or need all 36 of those stamps, but I could easily pick some from each of the current AYC sets to make my own set of 12 stamps that I would use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #29  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'd like to see more scrapbook related items (yes, I know SU focuses more on card-making, but this is my want list), such as:

* Idea Books with step-by-step instructions for beginner, intermediate, advanced projects
* More Simply Scrappin kits with a broader range of themes
* Self-Adhesive Die Cuts that can be purchased outside of the SS kits
* Album Kits (a packet of papers, die cuts, embellishments, instructions/layout ideas that would essentially create a complete 12x12 album)
*SU magazine that focuses on projects and ideas for personal use rather than for demo use in stamp camps/classes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH in VA

Remember in the 2005-2006 Winter Mini catalog SU offered the Everyday Celebrations set as a "stamp buffet", where they had 8 stamps available and each customer was able to choose the four s/he wanted for a set of 4? I would *LOVE* to see SU offer this for the three All Year Cheer sets. I don't want or need all 36 of those stamps, but I could easily pick some from each of the current AYC sets to make my own set of 12 stamps that I would use.

That's a fabulous idea!

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #31  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

There are some great ideas posted here! I agree with the polka dot ribbon, primas (a definite!), manly stamps, 8x8 scapbooks and in-colors.

I love the colors in the fruit bowl color family- great idea!

Also would like larger packages of one color brad - I use LOTS of brads and would like to order them in packs of 200 on one color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 01:53 PM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

1. Word stamps
2. Small words that fit in the window punch
3. Cute animals doing everyday things
4. Leave the colors alone - I have a system here....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 02:04 PM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

I would like to see....fair Canadian pricing....and unmounted stamps (like TAC)... and textured cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #34  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

a prettier light pink~not so pepto
good call on the charcoal gray
markers for the new in colors!!!!!!!!!!!
hardware sold separately~i don't have the kit bc i don't want a lot of it
more and different ribbon~stitched, velvet, etc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 02:33 PM   #35  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love the ideas everyone is coming up with. Teachers, animals.... more cute boy stamps (this catalog had a lot of girl stamps). I've seen some of the catalogs from several years ago and they had some cute Dinosaur and animal stamps. I wish I was into stamping them. I love the colors mmferg came up with!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 02:41 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

1. Cranberry Crisp
  5. Apricot Appeal
  7. Only Orange
  8. barely banana
  12. perfect plum

Love this idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 02:43 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

I would like:

more colors of gingham ribbon like chocolate, olive, pumpkin, and a darker blue
8x8 scrapbooks
more simplt scrappin' kits
school set
new backgrounds
4.25x4.25 envelopes
hodgepodge sold separately
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

mmferg, forgot to post I LOVE your color ideas, and of course I would want all the coordinating everything; ribbon, brads, inks, etc.

Jen, seconding your motion for the gingham and the square envies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 03:08 PM   #39  
Mad Swapper

I would love to see some more birthday sets for adults. There are lots of kiddie ones but not enough adult stuff.
Oh, and some funny sets. The chicken is great and all, but some grown up humor would be nice.
And I love the fruit colors idea.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 03:08 PM   #40  
Die Cut Diva

ribbon, ribbon, ribbon...oh ribbon :mrgreen:
more chipboard shapes (swirls, frames, photo corners, etc)
stamps for older boys like the snowboarding and bike ones in a mini a while back
polka dot ribbon
hodgepodge in demo quantites so if I'm doing a class and we're only using photo turns on a project I can just order a lot of those...
did I mention chipboard and ribbon?:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes