Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #881  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, to try this again. Lost my last reply. I think any of the fonts you picked are fine. I prefer the 13 font because of document size. The 16 font would behoove me for reading. : ) I need to share my caramel corn and peanut brittle recipes. Note to self....think of this stuff while you are at home, not at work. : )
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2008, 12:49 PM   #882  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, what a difference. As I am 65, I REALLY like Veranda 13. Will start using it on my computer. It is so easy to find one's place. Which is a big help as you are cooking -- I'm sure I am not the only one who has skipped an ingredient. The other day I had to dump my cake out of the pan to add baking soda!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2008, 01:00 PM   #883  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Arial or Veranda are my choices!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #884  
Hardware Hotshot

Veranda BUT whatever is absolutely fine with me!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #885  
Crimping Master

Wink Special requests are accepted!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonniejoView Post
Ok, to try this again. Lost my last reply. I think any of the fonts you picked are fine. I prefer the 13 font because of document size. The 16 font would behoove me for reading. : ) I need to share my caramel corn and peanut brittle recipes. Note to self....think of this stuff while you are at home, not at work. : )
I'd be more than happy to create a document in both sizes for you. One in the smaller font size, if you're concerned about the printing of this. The other one I can create in the larger font size for you. THEN if you realize there is a recipe that you really seem to like, you can print just that recipe, and have it in a file/box, or however you'd choose. Or simply just the larger font for the ease of reading it on your computer. THAT part wouldn't be tough at all!

So, once it's all completed (I'm sure I'll be making changes even then when I find mistakes), I'll post to the thread, and you can send me a PM if you'd like me to e-mail you a copy in the larger font as well! You're not the only one who's mentioned to me that reading the larger font would be easier

AND please, don't FORGET (that note to self above) to include your recipes here! I'm sure they will be enjoyed by many!!

~Barbara~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2008, 06:07 PM   #886  
Glitter Guru

Pumpkin Dessert Dip

1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
1 7-oz jar marshmallow Creme
1/2 C canned pumpkin
1/4 t ground nutmeg
1t vanilla

Mix all ingredients until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with assorted sliced fruit or wafer crackers (Nilla wafers!) for dipping.

Waaayyyyyy yummy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #887  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh, my - that pumpkin dessert sounds a little rich ! Love how easy it is

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #888  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I've been chatting with Barbara (via email) and she suggested I post this recipe to the thread. So, here you go!

Nanny's Shortbread

1 lb butter (yes, a whole pound)
1 c. icing/confectioners sugar
4 c. flour

Cream together butter and sugar. Add flour, mixing well after each addition. Then form into log shapes and roll in wax paper. Refrigerate until firm (I usually chill over night). When ready to bake, slice into 1/4" to 1/2" slices and bake on parchment paper lined cookie sheet at 300 F for 20 minutes. These cookies should not brown, just be barely golden. Enjoy!

Variation: Use brown sugar instead of icing sugar; add Skor bits; add chocolate chips; add citrus zest.

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #889  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmptyNestMomView Post
I'd be more than happy to create a document in both sizes for you. One in the smaller font size, if you're concerned about the printing of this. The other one I can create in the larger font size for you. THEN if you realize there is a recipe that you really seem to like, you can print just that recipe, and have it in a file/box, or however you'd choose. Or simply just the larger font for the ease of reading it on your computer. THAT part wouldn't be tough at all!

So, once it's all completed (I'm sure I'll be making changes even then when I find mistakes), I'll post to the thread, and you can send me a PM if you'd like me to e-mail you a copy in the larger font as well! You're not the only one who's mentioned to me that reading the larger font would be easier

AND please, don't FORGET (that note to self above) to include your recipes here! I'm sure they will be enjoyed by many!!

~Barbara~
Barbara,

Thank you that is so sweet. The size 13 font will be just fine. I was just taking a break from reading documents on the computer in a size 10 font. :-D I will post recipes when I am at home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #890  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Never Fail Fudge

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamplovinglatinaView Post
Is there a good/easy fudge recipe someone can share? I have never made fudge in my life, and thought it would be an 'easy gift' Thanks !!!
We've been making this recipe since I was a little girl (I have it memorized) and it always turns out and is so yummy!

5c sugar
1 stick butter
1 can evaporated milk
12 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp vanilla extract
peanut butter

In large pan combine sugar, butter, and milk. Cook stirring occasionally. When it reaches a boil, time for 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Mix well. Add peanut butter. I use approximately 2/3 of a 40 oz jar. (More or less depending upon your personal taste and whether you want your fudge more creamy or ultra thick. My family likes it on the thicker side.) Pour into two lightly greased (not absolutely necessary but it does come out of the pan more easily) 11 x 7 pans. Let set till cool. Cut. This recipe makes approximately 5 pounds.

Hope you enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #891  
Polyshrink Goddess

Homemade Peanut Butter Tandy Cakes

Ritz Crackers
Creamy Peanut Butter
Coating Chocolate

Spread 1/2 of your crackers with peanut butter. Top with the remaining 1/2 (making a sandwich). Melt coating chocolate. Dip each sandwich completely in melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper lined baking sheets to cool. Store in refrigerator. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #892  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryheartsView Post
We've been making this recipe since I was a little girl (I have it memorized) and it always turns out and is so yummy!

5c sugar
1 stick butter
1 can evaporated milk
12 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp vanilla extract
peanut butter

In large pan combine sugar, butter, and milk. Cook stirring occasionally. When it reaches a boil, time for 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Mix well. Add peanut butter. I use approximately 2/3 of a 40 oz jar. (More or less depending upon your personal taste and whether you want your fudge more creamy or ultra thick. My family likes it on the thicker side.) Pour into two lightly greased (not absolutely necessary but it does come out of the pan more easily) 11 x 7 pans. Let set till cool. Cut. This recipe makes approximately 5 pounds.

Hope you enjoy!
This recipe sounds fabulous! TFS!

With enough caffeine, I could rule the world!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 02:30 PM   #893  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by shecooksView Post
This recipe sounds fabulous! TFS!
You're very welcome! Forgot to mention that if it scorches a little that's ok. Won't hurt at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 04:47 AM   #894  
Gallery Gazer

any ideas on what would be a good size for a perpetual calendar? I know they are small usually (like 3x3) but I was hoping I could make something a little bigger.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 04:52 AM   #895  
Crimping Master

Default WOW.......Very Impressive

Hi everyone...

I just started to read this thread and I wanted to let you know how very IMPRESSED I am.

What a wonderful gathering of sharing, caring, ideas, thoughts...makes me realize how special Splitcoast is and how lucky we are to have a great group of people from all over the world that gather here.

Have a wonderful holiday season.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #896  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassie_luView Post
any ideas on what would be a good size for a perpetual calendar? I know they are small usually (like 3x3) but I was hoping I could make something a little bigger.
I'm making my perpetual calendars at a size of 4-1/4" x 11" with the binding at the top. (Perpetual birthday/anniversary calendars)

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #897  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
I'm making my perpetual calendars at a size of 4-1/4" x 11" with the binding at the top. (Perpetual birthday/anniversary calendars)

Kimberly
Thanks. I've seen those, but they're meant to be used monthly. I was hoping to come up with something that will be used everyday. Nothing thay can write in per say, but something that will have an inspirational quote for the day. I may have to start smaller though and just focus on making it monthly though. It's a good thing I plan on making these gifts for NEXT Christmas ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 05:39 AM   #898  
Compulsive Stamper

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 07:57 AM   #899  
Gabfest Goddess

bumping to the top ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 08:03 AM   #900  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

one should never read this on an empty stomach :rolleyes:
hmmmmmmmmmm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 08:19 AM   #901  
Gabfest Goddess

I was at Michael's this morning and found round tins in two different places for $1.00 that would work for Denise's lotion, if anyone is interested. They are decorated for the holidays! HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2008, 12:30 PM   #902  
Crimping Master

Smile Recipe update from Christyne...she sent this in an e-mail to me

TO everyone here - first off, I haven't fallen of the planet!! I'm sorry for not posting or keeping up. I had a WHOOPS/OOPS with my back (ugh another set back), AND then a couple of RUSH cases I had to work on. In a few hours, I will be back home, back IN MY BED, and I PROMISE I will get back to working on the SCS cookbook! I'm so sorrrrrrry for the delay, but geez, LIFE happens, even when you think you've prepared for ANY glitches!

THAT SAID...Christyne, the lovely sweetheart who posted her recipe here, sent me an e-mail, FIRST to grant permission to include the recipe, AND with a bit of a back-story as to how this recipe came about. I asked if I could include THAT as well into the "book", as I find it to be heartwarming personally. She said YES! (YEAH!)

She also wrote that she had omitted one part of the mixing portion for this recipe, so I'm posting ALL of the info (back-story), her fav. version, AND the missing portion now. I'm SURE she will not mind that I am doing this, as it will also be in the book (that's still in the creative process...) I think what she wrote is just touching, READ how many generations this recipe has been passed along!!! >

Here is goes - Christyne wrote:

I'm glad you like the recipe. If you could just call it "Nanny's Shortbread" for the book that would be cool. My Nanny (mom's mom) made it when her kids were growing up, and I'm pretty sure my mom's Nanny made it for her kids and that is where my Nanny got the recipe. It may well even go further back than that, but I figure it is over 100 years old since 4 generations (that I know of) have made it.

The variations are just as yummy as the original. My personal fave is brown sugar/skor bits - ooooh yeah! Bring it on! LOL!

Hugs~
Christyne

P.S. I just re-read my recipe and it should say: Add flour, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. That makes more sense, than "add flour, mixing well after each addition." At least now you know how much each addition should be - teehee!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3View Post
I've been chatting with Barbara (via email) and she suggested I post this recipe to the thread. So, here you go!

Nanny's Shortbread

1 lb butter (yes, a whole pound)
1 c. icing/confectioners sugar
4 c. flour

Cream together butter and sugar. Add flour, mixing well after each addition. Then form into log shapes and roll in wax paper. Refrigerate until firm (I usually chill over night). When ready to bake, slice into 1/4" to 1/2" slices and bake on parchment paper lined cookie sheet at 300 F for 20 minutes. These cookies should not brown, just be barely golden. Enjoy!

Variation: Use brown sugar instead of icing sugar; add Skor bits; add chocolate chips; add citrus zest.

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #903  
Crimping Master

Where did everyone go?? Off with family for the holidays?? or has everyone moved over to the other thread??? Just checking in! There have been quite a few posts going on over there.

UPDATE: I'm WORKING, I promise I am working as fast as I can to get this baking document/book out in a timely manner. I had a darn computer glitch last night, which was one HUGE ugh & deep sigh for me. It will show up!

Rev.Linda, I never did find the cake mix (tried) for your recipe, but I used a butter yellow cake mix instead, with loads of chopped up pecans, and I DID find the frosting. It was a HIT, no adult "addition" needed. Oh, and I put candied pecans poking out a bit all around the top of the Bundt cake after it was done, with a light dusting of powdered sugar just for looks.

Don't know which thread it came from, but I also did the pretzel treats (coudn't find rings, used normal twisted ones), using the Rolos! Half had an M&M in the Rolo, the other half had a Pecan piece. THOSE were also a big hit...even the men snacked on those for quite some time. AND...I even got the "Oh, AUNTIE BARBARA, can we come over to make those with you?" call the next day from my niece and nephew, who've both decided they want to make those (and the white chocolate craisens) in gift bags for their friends as gifts this year. SO WOW, OK that means BIG HITS, if even the TEENAGER wants to give those to her friends instead of buying something!

The while chocolate cranberry treats, I made a few versions. Bought the bark & the white chocolate chips (zero trans fat those said). Taste testing via my family, LOL. I also bought dried cranberries, and Craisens (cherry flavored). I melted the chocolate in batches. First the bark, and did it two ways. Half with cranberries with almond extract, half without almond extract and dried cranberries. With the bark, I used half with craisens/no almond extract, half w/almond extract and of course the craisens. THEN I decided to try another idea. I used another bag of white chocolate chips, and used the dried cranberries, slivered almonds, almond extract, and SPREAD that out all over a cookie sheet, like making almond bark. Broke that into little pieces once it was set. ALL versions went over well, EVEN with the kids. I thought for sure the kids wouldn't be as fond of the ones w/almond extract, as it was more adult like in my mind - not as sweet? Anyway, HITS, HITS and HITS, and I am going to say here, some of my nieces and nephews (only two under 18 now) can be PICKY about things. So, when I got the WOW AUNTIE these are great! AND my brother-in-law, eating almost all the pretzel rolos w/pecans..I thought, HEY I should share this success story!

The cake was a BIG hit, and mine was still warm since I was rushing everything along to get there on time with these items. I heated the cake slice a bit more up a tad in the microwave, for those who wanted warmer, and added the ice cream, or whipped cream with it, as requested. It went fast, WAY before the pumpkin pie or other desserts, so HEY....THANK YOU! (I figured I'd make my family my taste test group JUST in case, then I can get to making more and gift giving to neighbors, etc...) NOT that others haven't had success, as I doubt you would have submitted your recipe/ideas if they were NOT enjoyed...it's just I wanted to be sure I was doing it correctly, as I had to make SOME substitutions due to my lack of locating the exact ingredients.

THANK YOU TO ALL! Happy Thanksgiving Weekend Everyone! Don't forget, we're still here!!!!! Until I see a post again..I truly hope everyone is doing well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 07:39 PM   #904  
Gabfest Goddess

There are a few of us still at home!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #905  
Crimping Master

Question Just in case anyone is interested..Updated SCS Holiday Idea document

I posted this to the other Holiday thread, and forgot to include it here. This is still the edible treats/idea document, NOT THE COOKING/BAKING ONE....

With that statement, I'm so far behind on adding in items, even the craft ideas. I've been trying to focus on the baking book/doc, however, this one is larger and seems to have more items than the last document I posted for downloading. It also might help those just jumping in, so they don't have to go search through the entire thread to locate an idea or recipe, or my document. (Which is what I am having to do, page by page, from each of the two threads for the baking recipes..)

I think we've confused the system here, LOL, as I've noticed I'm missing some info here and there, and I've tried on both threads several times to do a search for a particular idea/recipe by the name alone, and I just get an error message! Well, we are at over 1000 posts on the other thread, and probably about the same here, although I didn't check the numbers!!

OK - those interested, those new, and those who might want to take another look to then provide input on the recipe book document (as I'm using the format per say from this one being posted here, for that one as well), perhaps consider downloading it? Those new, you might find something fun that you didn't notice..or from the other thread which you've not read.

Those who've already downloaded the previous one, you can toss that now, and use this, as it has more items in it!?!?!

Those who wish to help with ANY ideas and input, please download this, as it's been buttoned up a bit since the last one (at least I tried), and it might help you, should you desire, to provide any input at all...

So, here it is.....drum roll..(ha-ha) not.....
Attached Files
File Type: doc SCS Holiday Gift Ideas '08.doc (143.0 KB, 214 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:11 PM   #906  
Rubber Obsessor

Yesterday I used a lemon cake mix -- just followed the directions -- and dumped a can of lemon frosting in it. Just beat it until mixed and poured batter into a tube pan (still can't find the bundt pans). Delicious -- needed no frosting. You could put a little lemon juice and powdered sugar glaze on it to pretty it up though.

I like the butter pecan recipe better because it used less oil and had another egg. It seemed richer. I think I am going to try a strawberry or cherry cake next. The youth at church should like it. I heard chocolate with chocolate is pretty decadent. Might try that next.

Also made THE lotion. Added a tube of A & D ointment I got on sale. Whipped it all until light. Smoothed on like a dream. Hope everyone likes it. Sure makes a lot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #907  
Rubber Obsessor

Just opened the Idea booklet. So glad the graham cracker treats were first. Need to make some tomorrow. Thanks so much for all the hard work. I will use it often.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #908  
Crimping Master

Smile Great ideas! Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevLindaView Post
Yesterday I used a lemon cake mix -- just followed the directions -- and dumped a can of lemon frosting in it. Just beat it until mixed and poured batter into a tube pan (still can't find the bundt pans). Delicious -- needed no frosting. You could put a little lemon juice and powdered sugar glaze on it to pretty it up though.

I like the butter pecan recipe better because it used less oil and had another egg. It seemed richer. I think I am going to try a strawberry or cherry cake next. The youth at church should like it. I heard chocolate with chocolate is pretty decadent. Might try that next.

Also made THE lotion. Added a tube of A & D ointment I got on sale. Whipped it all until light. Smoothed on like a dream. Hope everyone likes it. Sure makes a lot!
OK, now you've got my brain going, Chocolate-Chocolate...what about Chocolate w/the Cocont Pecan Frosting - as pointed out it's what's on top of German Chocolate cakes?? Oh Chocolate-Chocolate... I may not have a sweet tooth, but I sure know plenty of chocolate anything lovers! Thank you for that idea!

Re: the lotion... I would never have thought to add the A & D ointment, but it makes perfect sense. And yes, it does make quite a lot..but it works, at least it is on my dry hands. The results are definitely showing up now, as I can see a difference, which is proving its worth to me!

Thank you for posting this info...now I'm back to baking thoughts - chocolate-chocolate...mmmmm.

I'm taking a break from the document, as my eyes keep seeing double of things, or I'm starting to skip steps. Hence all the posts to both threads. 'Tis my break time, which is greatly need right now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 09:28 PM   #909  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmptyNestMomView Post
I posted this to the other Holiday thread, and forgot to include it here. This is still the edible treats/idea document, NOT THE COOKING/BAKING ONE....

With that statement, I'm so far behind on adding in items, even the craft ideas. I've been trying to focus on the baking book/doc, however, this one is larger and seems to have more items than the last document I posted for downloading. It also might help those just jumping in, so they don't have to go search through the entire thread to locate an idea or recipe, or my document. (Which is what I am having to do, page by page, from each of the two threads for the baking recipes..)

I think we've confused the system here, LOL, as I've noticed I'm missing some info here and there, and I've tried on both threads several times to do a search for a particular idea/recipe by the name alone, and I just get an error message! Well, we are at over 1000 posts on the other thread, and probably about the same here, although I didn't check the numbers!!

OK - those interested, those new, and those who might want to take another look to then provide input on the recipe book document (as I'm using the format per say from this one being posted here, for that one as well), perhaps consider downloading it? Those new, you might find something fun that you didn't notice..or from the other thread which you've not read.

Those who've already downloaded the previous one, you can toss that now, and use this, as it has more items in it!?!?!

Those who wish to help with ANY ideas and input, please download this, as it's been buttoned up a bit since the last one (at least I tried), and it might help you, should you desire, to provide any input at all...

So, here it is.....drum roll..(ha-ha) not.....
I have to give you big Props for putting this together! You da' bomb!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 12:25 AM   #910  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

Wow!! This thread is AMAZING!!! Thank you everyone for sharing your ideas!! Happy creating and crafting and baking and eating ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 05:49 AM   #911  
Kookie Creator

Everything sounds soooo yummy...all of you are wonderful for sharing your recipes. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #912  
Crimping Master

Post And I second that one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapmommaView Post
Everything sounds soooo yummy...all of you are wonderful for sharing your recipes. Thank you!
I most certainly feel this way, as if you read above I tried a few just over this holiday! Some I wanted to test for goodies to make & include for children, and there's the cake too! As I written somewhere, I'm tired of baking Rum Cakes, which the neighbors all enjoy.....but..tired of them! Plus, the children in any of those families that get a rum cake, well they are left out then in my mind.

Now to try some other treats!! Oh some of the fudge versions, the caramel if I get around to might be for ME (shhh), oh, and I mentioned the pumpkin dip...and I was told to make that also now to bring for our Christmas gathering. And there are so many more..Chocolate Strawberry/Raspberry spread??? See?!?!?

The gift ideas are also just as treasured too! My hands are so HAPPY due to the lotion "potion", and heck, now I've got a brand new "I need to make these" fresh idea list that is sooo long, of holiday gifts to create.

So, Thank You to all of you for your posts - and a BIG hug to Suzy_H for starting this thread, LAST year...you gift of this has kept on giving, as the proof is right here, THIS year!

Hugs and good mornin' to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #913  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks so much for all of your effort. This is just wonderful to have. I look forward to the rest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 06:27 PM   #914  
Gabfest Goddess

On the lotion, one lady comment that she uses it as a body lotion and even told me that she now uses it as a face cream!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #915  
Gabfest Goddess

;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 05:39 AM   #916  
Matboard Maniac

Morning Ladies. I have a quick question on the lotion. I made a batch and placed it lovely jars that DH and I found at Old Time Pottery. The only thing I am wondering about is they hold 18 ounces of the lotion. That seems like an aweful lot. What do you ladies think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 06:11 AM   #917  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiggger1968View Post
Morning Ladies. I have a quick question on the lotion. I made a batch and placed it lovely jars that DH and I found at Old Time Pottery. The only thing I am wondering about is they hold 18 ounces of the lotion. That seems like an aweful lot. What do you ladies think?
I personally think the more of that stuff you have the better!LOL

I am sure the jars are beautiful!(hint hint:post pictures!LOL) Maybe you can give the larger jars to CLOSE friends and family. And make smaller ones for coworkers, neighbors, little ladies at church, etc. People you may want to give a little something to. KWIM? Hope that didn't sound ugly.

Really post a pic if you can...I haven't been to Old Time Pottery in forever...gotta love that store!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 06:18 AM   #918  
Forum Fanatic

Another convert to the lotion here! It is really wonderful!

except....I really don't care for the smell of the Vitamin E creme. I bought mine at Walgreens. It smells like "little old ladies" to me, if that makes sense. So...is the smell inherent to the vit E, or is it just my brand? :(
and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 06:28 AM   #919  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by showmestamperView Post

except....I really don't care for the smell of the Vitamin E creme. I bought mine at Walgreens. It smells like "little old ladies" to me, if that makes sense. So...is the smell inherent to the vit E, or is it just my brand? :(
Honestly in the years I have made it, I haven't had that problem. Could be the brand...or maybe it's me ya know I turn 38 this month..maybe I am turning into one of those "little old ladies" LOL

Glad you like the lotion! Just hold your nose when you use it!!LOL It works magic on your skin!Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 07:12 AM   #920  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by showmestamperView Post

I think it may be your brand of Vitamin E cream. I just purchased some from Family Dollar and it has a very light scent and not at all offensive.
Reply With Quote Likes