Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can I make him?

Hi everyone. My partner and I are away from each other for about 5 months, its already been 2 and I wanted to make him something to put on his desk at work.

I have printed out 4 wallet size photos of us together and wanted to make something to sit on his desk at work.

I have limited supplies here, glue, some cardstock, a paper trimmer and a corner rounder! Oh and a bone folder!

Any thing funky I could make with these supplies??

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

How about a little zig-zag photo stand? Measure the width of your photos and cut a strip of cardstock four times as long (plus enough for a little margin round the photos). Score and fold into a concertina then stick a photo on the first panel, write a message on the second, stick the next photo on the third panel and another message on the final one. Then turn the strip over and do the same on the back. You could add some stamping to decorate the message panels or even stamp overlapping the folds before you stick the photos in place if you have things like swirls that would be OK if they're interrupted by the lines of the photo.

Hope that made some sense, it works in my head!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

What about something like this minus the tin. Mini Accordion Album & Tin Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers

You could just change the measurements so that your pictures fit. Then he could just stand it up on his desk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 11:57 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Smile

It depends on what you mean by "funky". It means different things to different people. I can tell you what came to my mind with your supplies on hand and nothing else, but someone else will probably have a totally different idea. So here goes...

I would take the Cardstock that you have the most of and cut it wider and longer than the pictures that you printed. Then I would fold it in 4 equal parts and make mountain folds out of them. Following me? This would enable it to stand up on his desk. Then you can go out on the internet and find tons of free paper to download, sorry but I don't know how to give you links. Gina K. is one of them, see if anything she has matches your Cardstock. Then cut out 4 squares larger than your pictures. Then take white Cardstock and cut it 1/4 inch larger than your pictures and set it aside. Then I would take the first picture and glue it to the white cardstock, put it up on dimensionals and then on the designer computer paper that you made. Then I would take the second picture cut it in half, and place the two pieces 1/16th of an inch apart on white cardstock cut out with a 1/8 inch border, put up on dimensionsionals and adhere to the second sheet of paper that you printed out. Then take your third picture and cut it into thirds and place each one 1/16 apart on the paper that you printed out, put dimensionals on the back and place on the 3rd spot that you have. Take the 4th picture cut it into fourths and place them 1/16th inch apart on the paper that you printed out. Then put demenionals on the back and adhere to the 4th spot. Now you have a beautiful photo frame of the two of you. I don't know if I explained this well enough, I am not a teacher I am a doer. I can show people what to do, but not explain it to them. Perhaps you get the basic picture and can take it from there. I do hope so. Anyway, I gave it a shot.

Have fun creating.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
How about a little zig-zag photo stand? Measure the width of your photos and cut a strip of cardstock four times as long (plus enough for a little margin round the photos). Score and fold into a concertina then stick a photo on the first panel, write a message on the second, stick the next photo on the third panel and another message on the final one. Then turn the strip over and do the same on the back. You could add some stamping to decorate the message panels or even stamp overlapping the folds before you stick the photos in place if you have things like swirls that would be OK if they're interrupted by the lines of the photo.

Hope that made some sense, it works in my head!
Great minds, lol ;).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

These are all great ideas....thanks so much! Off to make something!!
Reply With Quote Likes