Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-01-2005, 02:38 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upline - demo - sales - ?

As an upline what do you stand to gain from having someone under you as a demo? As a demo what advantages are there besides the discount and getting to get some things early?

Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 02:56 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

You should post this to the demo forum, you'd probably get more answers that way. :-)

--Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 07:19 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

OH
When I saw demo forum I assumed only demo's could post there.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 07:26 AM   #4  
The Digi-Freak

yes, only demos can post in teh demo forum.

Uplines can get an initial bonus (sometimes, depending on the specials at the moment) for having someone sign up under them. They have occasionally run something like "get a recruit this month and get a free X type of set" deal. I think right now you earn hostess sets from the 2005-2006 catalog, which is really cool since we don't have those sets yet!

Also, you get a small % of your downline's sales if you have over a certain $ of sales. For example, if you sell at least the minimum (I think it is $500/month?) you get I think 3% of your downline's sales (it can be more than 3% I think, too, depending on how much you've sold). So if you sold $600, you'd get your 20% instant income, plus your volume rebate of I think 4 or 5%, PLUS if your downline sold a combined $400 or something that month you'd get an ADDITIONAL 3% of *their* sales.

It really adds up if you have lots of downline!

Hope that helps!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 07:32 AM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Default re: demonstrator advantages

As a demo what advantages are there besides the discount and getting to get some things early?

I was spending as much or more than the SU minimum sales per quarter; so for me the advantage is that I can order when I want with a discount.. so I can get more stamps for the $. Plus I can attend demonstrator events such as SU Convention (this will be my first this year) and local training events and stamp camps put on by my upline.... i have a totally AWESOME upline... my SU mom, grandmom, and great-grandmom are all in my area and they are very active.. so I get to learn lots of cool thing.. it's been a great way to expand my circle of friendships. Plus it helps that my SU Mom put absolutely NO pressure on any of her downline or prospective downline... she supports us whether we just want to be a hobby demonstrator with no-to-few customers or a business demonstrator building a downline and customer base.

The real money in any of these direct-sales type businesses comes not from your own sales but from growing your downline.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 07:48 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
yes, only demos can post in teh demo forum.

Uplines can get an initial bonus (sometimes, depending on the specials at the moment) for having someone sign up under them. They have occasionally run something like "get a recruit this month and get a free X type of set" deal. I think right now you earn hostess sets from the 2005-2006 catalog, which is really cool since we don't have those sets yet!

Also, you get a small % of your downline's sales if you have over a certain $ of sales. For example, if you sell at least the minimum (I think it is $500/month?) you get I think 3% of your downline's sales (it can be more than 3% I think, too, depending on how much you've sold). So if you sold $600, you'd get your 20% instant income, plus your volume rebate of I think 4 or 5%, PLUS if your downline sold a combined $400 or something that month you'd get an ADDITIONAL 3% of *their* sales.

It really adds up if you have lots of downline!

Hope that helps!
That helps a lot! Thanks
Do you know in advance what you would get for signing someone.
Like is someone was going to sign in July, do you know now if it is better for you to do now or then by what you would get as an upline?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 08:04 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

OK, this is a silly question, especially since I have no plans to ever be a demo, but it's been rambling around in my mind ever since I saw the term "upline" used here. Do you have to sign up within someone's "line" or can you just call SU and say you want to join all by your lonesome? And yes, I can see the advantage of having an upline to share her experience.. I told you it was a silly question. Silly questions get stuck in my mind the way songs get stuck in some people's heads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 08:04 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

The benefits for a demonstrator signing up a new recruit are free stamps. Demonstrators get one or two new hostess sets from next year's IB&C for each recruit, up to three.
The benefits for a new recruit signing in July, would be next years IB&C. If you sign up after a certain point, and I'm not sure of what that date is, the new demonstrator gets the old IB&C's in her kit and a complementary box of 8 later. Of course if a recruit signs up now, she has the option of purchasing a business booster kit, after the new catalog comes out, deeply discounted.
I hope that answers your question.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 08:23 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtimestamper
OK, this is a silly question, especially since I have no plans to ever be a demo, but it's been rambling around in my mind ever since I saw the term "upline" used here. Do you have to sign up within someone's "line" or can you just call SU and say you want to join all by your lonesome? And yes, I can see the advantage of having an upline to share her experience.. I told you it was a silly question. Silly questions get stuck in my mind the way songs get stuck in some people's heads.
SU! does not allow a new demo to sign up without an upline. If you contact the company directly, they will give you the names of current demos in your area so you can choose one of them to sign up "under".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 08:33 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks TyDyMom. Now I can stop wasting time wondering about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 08:48 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Doris -

An upline not only earns a % of her downline's sales....depending on how many in her downline determines what level she is at and that determines what % bonus even on her own sales she gets. It might sound confusing without getting into too many specifics. For instance, if I have 3 in my downline I would move to the next level....and earn a higher % on both their and my sales each month.

For a demo - besides getting a discount and early option to purchase new products.....we get a monthly newsletter full of great ideas for both our stamping and our business; we have access to SU's demo side of the website that has it's own gallery of project samples and a ton of templates, etc.; we can attend various SU events - from the annual convention, to regionals, to our upline's support meeting, etc.; we have the opportunity to earn a free cruise; we can earn Great Rewards points to get a selection of items free; we get to interact with other demos and be part of a really great company and a really great industry.

Hope this helps explain better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 10:35 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you all for replying. It does seem very confusing.
How else would a demo earn hostess sets?
Reply With Quote Likes