Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thomas kinkade stamps

i just got my first kinkade stamp and im kinda dissapointed ,dont know if its just the ink i use or but i dont feel like the image is like i thought i would be ,maby i just have to get used to it ,its supose to be old looking but ....

what ink do you use to ink them and get a good image:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 08:24 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valeria71View Post
i just got my first kinkade stamp and im kinda dissapointed ,dont know if its just the ink i use or but i dont feel like the image is like i thought i would be ,maby i just have to get used to it ,its supose to be old looking but ....

what ink do you use to ink them and get a good image:rolleyes:
There is a tutorial by StampingKUB (?) about using a Sissex to get nice even pressure on these type of stamps... if you have one it could be worth trying.

Also detail stamps stamp clearer with a stamping mat underneath from my experience.

ETA - found the tutorial http://www.stampinkub.com/tutorials/tips/sizzix.html HTH
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

I've had good results from Versafine and the Adriondack dye inks and the Kinkade stamps but there's a lot of detail there so I find it best to apply the ink with a brayer. Roll the brayer over the pad several times to get it good and inky and then go over the stamp in lots of different directions to really get the ink evenly spread out.

You also need a very smooth paper to get the most out of the detailing on the stamp. Then, like any big stamp, you just need to make sure you put firm, even pressure over the whole area to get good transfer (I stand up to do this so the pressure is directly down onto the stamp). If you find this difficult, you can try laying the stamp face up on the desk, put your card on top, over with a piece of scrap paper and smooth all over with the flat of your hand.

HTH, let us know how you get on!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

For me, Versafine is one of the best inks for these images. And smooth cardstock. Joanne said it best!

Reply With Quote Likes