Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Question Is there something wrong with my new Stampendous cling stamps?

Please bear with me, as I'm still a stamping "noobie" and not sure how to describe this. I recently purchased 4 brand-new-in-the-package Stampendous cling stamps/stamp sets from 3 different vendors, and when I try to pull the protective layers off them, the printed image and a layer of sticky film from the cushion pulls off the stamps. The remaining stamp cling on the rubber is quite sticky and super "squishy," if that makes sense. Is this the way these stamps are supposed to be? None of the other brands of cling stamps that I own behave this way.

Thanks for any help/insight/suggestions.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with one of my Stampendous cling stamps. I got it on clearance from an online vendor, so I suspect it was sitting for a long time in their warehouse.
Although I'm not positive, I suspect the foam cushion is reacting with the acetate carrier sheet the stamp comes with, causing this problem. I've heard it said before never to store cling stamps on certain types of acetate, but apparently Stampendous hasn't.

Regardless, it is a defect and Stampendous should replace it if you contact them.

I didn't feel like waiting, so I just left the protective layer on, trimmed it around the stamp and applied a thin layer of Tombow Mono Multi repositionable glue on it.
HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

I'm not sure which layer is pulling off your stamp.

The Stampendous cling I have has a hard clear plastic sheet the stamp comes on. The softer clear vinyl sheet is supposed to remain attached to the stamp. Is it this layer that is pulling free? If so, I agree that's a defect and should not happen. The clear vinyl sheet with the image is the what clings to the block.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #4  
Inking Addict

Katarina - What you describe is what I was afraid of, and I was thinking I would just have to cut around them and use some sort of removable adhesive to use them on acrylic blocks.

ceramic - The larger, stiff plastic sheets come off fine. But there are smaller, more flexible pieces between the stiff plastic and the cling cushions of the stamps that seem to be there to act as some sort of protective layer between the stiffer sheets and the stamps. When I try to take these protective layers off, a thin layer of the cushion sticks to the protective layer. The printed image transfers to the protective peel-off thing, leaving me with an extremely sticky, almost "gooey" mount with no picture on it. I hope that helps; I'm not sure how else to describe it. I've read on here before about some kinds of cling-mounts that should not be stored on acetate, and I've purchased storage sheets that are supposed to be okay for those kinds of stamps, but these are brand new stamps that I just bought that have never been out of their packages before. I guess I just didn't expect that every single Stampendous cling stamp I purchased would be like this. If this is a defect, then it seems to be a problem on the manufacturing/packaging end, and I guess I won't bother buying any more Stampendous cling stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #5  
Glitter Queen

I had the same problem. I emailed Stampendous customer service and they informed me that the thin, flexible plastic next to the stamp is to stay put. This thin layer is what helps the stamp to cling to the acrylic mount. Once I knew this, the instructions that came with the stamp made sense!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2012, 03:09 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 297 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm glad I read this thread - I just bought my first Stampendous cling stamp and hadn't used it (or even opened it) yet. I prefer my rubber with no cushion, even (storage space issues, mostly), so I usually peel off the cushion and use 2-in-1 glue on the rubber. Since this cling vinyl "sticker" was so easy to peel off, I just pulled the foam cushion off, rolled the excess glue off of the rubber, stuck the cling vinyl sticker directly onto the rubber and trimmed around it - no glue needed! I'm pretty happy about this...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Location: Our manufacturing plant and warehouse is located in Anaheim, California.

Hello, Stampendous Graphics Department here! Burks is correct. Our cling rubber stamps are our regular rubber and foam attached to a flexible cling vinyl sheet that is rectangular with rounded corners instead of being trimmed around the image. The extra vinyl is where the picture of the image is printed, making positioning the stamp effortless. It also helps the stamp hold on to the handle better without slipping off while you're crafting. To aid in storage and packaging this cling vinyl film is pressed on to a sheet of stiff acetate. The acetate should be removed for use, the vinyl film should stay attached to the stamp. To remove the stamp from the acetate DO NOT grab the rubber or foam parts of the stamp. Look for the edge of the vinyl film and peel gently from the acetate sheet. Once removed the first time, it will be very easy the second time. You can trim the excess cling vinyl with sharp scissors if preferred.

We get this question fairly regularly. That happens when you make something that is different from everyone else's. There is a video on our website that shows how to take it off the acetate, and there are instructions on the packaging as well. Fortuosity, if you can contact me at [email protected] I can replace your stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Location: Our manufacturing plant and warehouse is located in Anaheim, California.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj49cKgKGlM Here's the video for those who need it.

Last edited by StampendousGraphic; 07-06-2012 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: forgot to put in link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #9  
Inking Addict

Oops. Boy do I feel silly.:oops:

Thanks to all for your courteous, helpful replies.

burks - Thank you. And to think there have been times in my life where I've poked fun at guys for diving into something only to mess it up because they didn't read the instructions first.

Stampendous - Thanks so much for the explanation. Makes complete sense, and sure enough, that information is right on the packaging. There's no need to replace the stamps. I'd only completely removed the vinyl off one stamp and then put it back on again, and I'd just lifted the vinyl a little bit on the others to see if they were doing the same thing. The vinyl is still sticking fine to the cushions, and I just inked all the stamps up and they all stamped beautifully, so they're fine. Besides, I'm the foolish one who just assumed I knew what I was doing without bothering to read the directions! Thanks again, and I will now look forward to purchasing more Stampendous cling stamps in the future.

Last edited by Fortuosity; 07-06-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow...I am not alone!! I had this happen to me and I thought for sure that I had done something wrong. I ended up repairing what I could from the stamp and stuck it onto a clear block where it has remained to this day. I got it when I had first started stamping and I never thought to contact anyone...thought that was just the way cling stamps were. I waited a year to buy anything cling mount...got everything on wood. It is still one of my favorites though, I use it all the time!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the same issue from one I got at Archiver. Between Stampendous and Archiver, I got a replacement stamp and the right directions for using. Still, I've been reluctant to purchase more as there are so many nice images that are much more intuitive to use. But maybe that is just me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good customer service goes a long way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Will it cling to the acrylic block. Just using it without the clingy film?

I don't understand why you would need the clingy film.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,074 Likes on 824 Posts

I think it's just the way Stampendous do them. They do cling very well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #15  
Kookie Creator

The clingy film is what MAKES it cling. Similar to any other cling mount stamp that has the thin, shiny plastic over the foam. Stampendous has just made theirs larger than the stamps surface. If you want it to cling without that, you either need to put your own repositionable adhesive on there, or some other cling vinyl.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 297 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by togradyView Post
The clingy film is what MAKES it cling. Similar to any other cling mount stamp that has the thin, shiny plastic over the foam. Stampendous has just made theirs larger than the stamps surface. If you want it to cling without that, you either need to put your own repositionable adhesive on there, or some other cling vinyl.
Or do what I did (see post #6 above)...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #17  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Vinyl cling sheet doesn't cling well

I appreciate what Stampendous is trying to do with the repositional stamps; however, they do not cling well to either to the acrylic mounts or the EZ Mount storage pages. It would also be nice if they explained on the package, as many of us have tried to separate the stamped cling vinyl before realizing that wouldn't work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #18  
Kookie Creator

Hi Deborah, I did respond to your comment on YouTube, but I wanted to respond here as well. Thanks so much for your input!
The stamps cling best to the handle if both they and the handle are very clean. We use rubbing alcohol here in the Stampendous Graphics Room to clean both. The extra vinyl acts to help them cling even better and as a handle for removing them from the block.
There are instructions for removing the stamps from the acetate on the label which has the barcode, on the printed insert there are photographs showing how to do this, and, of course, we have the video showing how to do it. NOW we are printing directions directly on the cling vinyl to show folks how to remove them from the acetate. We are hoping this will clear up any misunderstandings. We have always replaced stamps for folks who had difficulty opening them and contact us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #19  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by togrady;[B
19544821[/B]]The clingy film is what MAKES it cling. Similar to any other cling mount stamp that has the thin, shiny plastic over the foam. Stampendous has just made theirs larger than the stamps surface. If you want it to cling without that, you either need to put your own repositionable adhesive on there, or some other cling vinyl.

Stampin up Clear mounts. You don't NEED to place the clingy film on your stamps. They Stamp find without that Clingy Film.

That's how I use my mine without it~~~The clingy Film is for indexing more than it being clingy.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #20  
Kookie Creator

Nancy, The Stampin' Up! Clear Mount stamps are mounted on "cling foam" then you can either add the "cling vinyl" label or not as desired. The "label" is adhesive on one side and will stick to the cling foam.

Stampendous Cling Rubber is NOT mounted on cling foam. We use the same adhesive foam for our Cling Stamps as our Wood Stamps, therefore the cling vinyl label on our cling rubber stamps in necessary. If you remove it, the stamps will not stick to anything AND the indexing design will come away from the stamp with the label. You can then use your own adhesive to stick the stamp to a wooden block, but it will not cling on its own. Does this make sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #21  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampendousGraphicView Post
Nancy, The Stampin' Up! Clear Mount stamps are mounted on "cling foam" then you can either add the "cling vinyl" label or not as desired. The "label" is adhesive on one side and will stick to the cling foam.

Stampendous Cling Rubber is NOT mounted on cling foam. We use the same adhesive foam for our Cling Stamps as our Wood Stamps, therefore the cling vinyl label on our cling rubber stamps in necessary. If you remove it, the stamps will not stick to anything AND the indexing design will come away from the stamp with the label. You can then use your own adhesive to stick the stamp to a wooden block, but it will not cling on its own. Does this make sense?

I guess I don't understand. You're saying you have Cling Rubber? and there is NO cling foam on them correct?

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
I guess I don't understand. You're saying you have Cling Rubber? and there is NO cling foam on them correct?
Nancy, what she's saying is that the label that is attached to the back of the stamp is the part that clings, if you remove the label the stamp will no longer cling. Make sense?

btw I love thier cling stamps, I have quite a few

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My first Stampendous stamps where the Jumbo Clings which I love. I then bought a couple of smaller single clings and when I recieved them I found them mounted with the retangle of clear film. I was very puzzled by this and in the end I just trimmed it back on one of the stamps. I've just now gone and had a look at the other I've not trimmed and I see it is starting to pucker as the mounting side has maintained some skrinkage. :( These, like all my clingfoam mounted stamps, are stored on Stamp-n-stor boards.

I don't like any stamp mounted with that shiny cling film. It's just a bad investment option for me as they require extra work to get a good cling by needing extra pressure to the block mount. And now I can add having to have my mounts extra clean to get a good cling. *groan* And a lot of these types of cling stamps I own have curling issues too. Thinking this was going to be the new way of mounting I stopped buying the jumbos. Remounting them on regular ezy-mount is just more unneccesary expence.

Anyways, if this type of mounting is working for most people who know how to use it properly, then thats a good thing for Stampendous, and I wish you all happy stamping days ahead. If ever there is a change to revert back to the older style, let me know as I'd love to get some more jumbos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #24  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherHolbrookView Post
Nancy, what she's saying is that the label that is attached to the back of the stamp is the part that clings, if you remove the label the stamp will no longer cling. Make sense?

btw I love thier cling stamps, I have quite a few

Thank you Heather, Sometimes I need a kick in the head to understand stuff.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #25  
Kookie Creator

Nancy, Sorry if I confused you. Essentially, yes, that's what I'm saying. On our Cling Rubber Stamps the "foam" isn't what clings to the acrylic block. It's the Cling Vinyl Label adhered to the foam that clings to the handle.

So, on Stampin' Up! clear mount stamps you have the option to use the label or not since either the foam or the label will cling to the handle. ON our stamps if you remove the label the foam will NOT cling. The Label is not optional on the Stampendous stamps.

Clearer?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2015, 04:03 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Sorry, I know it's an old thread but came across it in a google search. I just got my first House Mouse cling stamps from an online order only to find out they are vinyl cling (I also nearly peeled it off until I realized what it was and had to lift from the corner.) I already have had to put up with this from Hero Arts and decided I wouldn't buy their stamps again because of the vinyl. I'll be frank - vinyl cling sucks! So I was very sorely disappointed to find it again. And I bought 5 stamps (4 House Mouse and one HappyHopper) from an online order.
Why don't these companies use good cling like some other companies? For example, Deep Red. I bought one of those at the same time (my 3rd stamp from them) and you can immediately tell the difference. DR comes with a plastic identification card the stamp will cling to. I try to put the Stampendous stamp on it and it slides off like butter.

I use different things for a block. Some are stamping blocks, one is a stamp press I made from a stamp positioner (the sheet part), and now I made my own hinged stamping tool from a quilting ruler. I'm not about to clean these with alcohol not knowing what kind of plastic they are made from because alcohol damages some types of acrylic plastic. And I shouldn't have to anyway to get a 'cling stamp' to cling!

I'm rather upset as I had a wish list going of House Mouse stamps and I'm not sure I want to invest in a product that doesn't cling as it should.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2015, 04:22 PM   #27  
Kookie Creator

Default Stampendous Cling Stamps

Hi Frugal Crafter!
For starters, rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) will NOT harm any type of acrylic handle. If you're not sure that your handle is acrylic, then it's probably safer to stick with warm water and a bit of soap. Either will work to clean your handles and the labels on our stamps, and neither will harm our stamps. It is often necessary to clean new stamps to make them work properly as manufacturing residues can often be present. This applies to the rubber side and the vinyl side.

We have spent the six years since we were the very first company to release Cling Rubber with an image right on the stamp, trying to find a better way to make the indexing work. We have not yet found a cost-effective way to do this. Our stamps made in China do not have the cling vinyl on them, but the ones made in the USA do. You will notice that the Deep Red Rubber stamps do not have the image on the back of the stamp at all. Almost no cling rubber stamps made in the USA do. The ones from other companies that do have the image printed on the back are not also made in Wood Mounted versions and are mostly made in China.

Here at Stampendous we have a flexible manufacturing facility that can produce all of our US made stamps in both Cling Rubber and Wood Mounted versions with the image right on the back of the stamp. This helps us provide great customer service and our full range of quality products to our customers, big and small, that prefer each type of mounting.

Occasionally there are issues with individual stamps. Frequently, this has to do with the incorrect removal of the stamp from the acetate packaging sheet when a customer peels the foam stamp off of the cling vinyl, as you've discovered is easy to do. We've tried various labeling methods to prevent this mishap, but it's been a bit of a challenge for us.

But sometimes, more rarely, the cling vinyl does not want to stick to the handle of choice. In this instance we are more than happy to replace the stamp. Please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] and we'll assist you with correcting the situation. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2015, 04:48 PM   #28  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 738 Likes on 358 Posts

I really appreciate Stampendous stepping up to explain and offer service-even after all this time! Thank you. I cant say I ever noticed that about indexes...I will have to look!

I also had that problem a few years ago the first time I got one. I have to say, it is weird. I dont know that the excess film makes it cling all that much "better", but it does stick. I have also seen the puckering. I can always trim it off if I want. It does take up more space on my storage pages.

I find all cling needs to be cleaned at times. The oils on your fingers, fine dust from EP or glitter, etc. Maybe that's just me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2015, 05:01 PM   #29  
Kookie Creator

Default Puckering

They shouldn't pucker up or curl, wavejumper... send me a photo with your phone...
Unfortunately if things are too old, I won't still have the stamps to replace it, but we will figure out something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2015, 05:48 PM   #30  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Hi Frugal Crafter!
For starters, rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) will NOT harm any type of acrylic handle. If you're not sure that your handle is acrylic, then it's probably safer to stick with warm water and a bit of soap. Either will work to clean your handles and the labels on our stamps, and neither will harm our stamps.
Are you really sure that rubbing alcohol will not harm acrylic? I've contacted several acrylic manufactures and all said not to use any type of alcohol as can cause grazing/cracks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2015, 06:20 PM   #31  
Kookie Creator

Default Rubbing Alcohol

Well, let me rephrase then. In 35 years of stamping, rubbing alcohol has never harmed any of my rubber stamps or clear stamps or acrylic handles or any of the many, many plastic and other products on which I have used it. It's great for removing gunk and sticker residue and adhesives and permanent marker, etc. It's handy, and we clean all our stamps with it here at Stampendous and always have.

That said, if you have a manufacturer of a product you specifically own and they have told you directly that it will be harmed by something, well then you should follow their instructions.

It won't harm any of OUR acrylic handles, we clean them all with alcohol. And they get a LOT of use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2015, 10:49 PM   #32  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Well, let me rephrase then. In 35 years of stamping, rubbing alcohol has never harmed any of my rubber stamps or clear stamps or acrylic handles or any of the many, many plastic and other products on which I have used it. It's great for removing gunk and sticker residue and adhesives and permanent marker, etc. It's handy, and we clean all our stamps with it here at Stampendous and always have.

That said, if you have a manufacturer of a product you specifically own and they have told you directly that it will be harmed by something, well then you should follow their instructions.

It won't harm any of OUR acrylic handles, we clean them all with alcohol. And they get a LOT of use.
This is great to know about the Stampendous handles. I have some and now I'll be ok with using alcohol on them. Wonderful products and customer service - thank you to you all at Stampendous .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2015, 03:51 AM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

I appreciate your reply to my post. While it is nice to have the image on the back, if I had to choose I'd prefer no image that clings well. As I mentioned about DR, the cling is no problem whatsoever. No cleaning or anything, just peel from storage, cling, and go. When a cling stamp doesn't cling to a plastic surface well and without prep, that's a problem.
Time will tell I guess if your vinyl shrinks, too. Misstreez above said hers did. Hero Arts - the vinyl (and foam) shrank back from the edges which cause the stamps to curl a bit. I had to pull the vinyl off all the stamps and apply Aleene's tack-it-over-and-over. Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper.
I'll take your word for cleaning the vinyl and see if it helps - though IMO I shouldn't have to clean it right out of the package. I understand what you're saying about manufacturing residue but when it's not a problem with other products, then I consider it a problem. I'll leave my mounters alone.

Quote:

Occasionally there are issues with individual stamps. Frequently, this has to do with the incorrect removal of the stamp from the acetate packaging sheet when a customer peels the foam stamp off of the cling vinyl, as you've discovered is easy to do. We've tried various labeling methods to prevent this mishap, but it's been a bit of a challenge for us.
How about a simple 'peel here' with an arrow pointing at a corner label on the backing sheet? LOL My stamps have no instructions on them whatsover. Not for removal, and not 'how to use' your cling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #34  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 738 Likes on 358 Posts

Thanks for the offer! If I can find it and it's a problem, I'll let you know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2015, 12:35 PM   #35  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,718 Likes on 650 Posts

I see this is an old thread. But I just wanted to say Stampendous is awesome for replying and supplying the link to that video. I actually had bought that same stamp used in in the video, but I had not taken it out of the package. So this is all timely for me and much appreciated.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2015, 01:13 PM   #36  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by frugal scrapperView Post
I appreciate your reply to my post. While it is nice to have the image on the back, if I had to choose I'd prefer no image that clings well. As I mentioned about DR, the cling is no problem whatsoever. No cleaning or anything, just peel from storage, cling, and go. When a cling stamp doesn't cling to a plastic surface well and without prep, that's a problem.
Time will tell I guess if your vinyl shrinks, too. Misstreez above said hers did. Hero Arts - the vinyl (and foam) shrank back from the edges which cause the stamps to curl a bit. I had to pull the vinyl off all the stamps and apply Aleene's tack-it-over-and-over. Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper.
I'll take your word for cleaning the vinyl and see if it helps - though IMO I shouldn't have to clean it right out of the package. I understand what you're saying about manufacturing residue but when it's not a problem with other products, then I consider it a problem. I'll leave my mounters alone.

How about a simple 'peel here' with an arrow pointing at a corner label on the backing sheet? LOL My stamps have no instructions on them whatsover. Not for removal, and not 'how to use' your cling.
Thanks for the suggestions, we had a peel here on the corner for about 6 months, store owners told us that folks then more often held the stamp and grasped the corner and peeled the cling vinyl off. It actually worsened the problem.

We had images on the back of the printed cardstock insert and a special label with instructions, but that made no difference in the number of folks who peeled off the cling vinyl. We now have a video on the website on each product that shows how to peel it off of the acetate.

We agree that we'd prefer not to use the Cling Vinyl label and we're still looking for a solution to that issue. We have investigated screen printing, pad printing, large industrial sized printer, and nothing has generated an even vaguely cost-effective solution. We are continuing the research, however.

We sure appreciate all the feedback on the products. It's good to know you'd prefer them with no image on the back. Does anyone else feel that way??
We'd love to hear if that's the case!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2015, 03:33 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

good stuff to know.

Last edited by boobookittysgranny; 08-07-2015 at 03:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2015, 03:41 PM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by boobookittysgrannyView Post
good stuff to know.
I don't know why when I hit reply with quote I got this. ^^ But here's what I'm replying to:

Quote:

I just looked at 3 of my stamps and just tried to pull them off the cling sheet. The image stays on the cling sheet. What do I do about this? Off to check my other ones.
The cling sheet with the image is not supposed to be removed. That's the cling part. The plastic backing that the stamps come on in the package have no image on that and that is what you remove the stamp WITH the cling from.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2015, 04:00 PM   #39  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

We now have a video on the website on each product that shows how to peel it off of the acetate.

We agree that we'd prefer not to use the Cling Vinyl label and we're still looking for a solution to that issue. We have investigated screen printing, pad printing, large industrial sized printer, and nothing has generated an even vaguely cost-effective solution. We are continuing the research, however.

We sure appreciate all the feedback on the products. It's good to know you'd prefer them with no image on the back. Does anyone else feel that way??
We'd love to hear if that's the case!!
There's no instructions on the insert that points you to checking out a video either. I would suggest something like "For tips on how to remove from packaging and use cling stamps please go to....." Or something like that. Otherwise, people who are new to this type of cling may be entirely clueless and hence so many problems with peeling off the vinyl.

Things are never so easy, huh? There's always a con somewhere. Stinks like dirty socks.

Maybe you could pose the question in your newsletter and facebook? (I'm assuming you have a newsletter.) If you want a fair answer, then I'd set up the question with why you are asking. If it's too vague, then people might not be giving the answer they would give if asked differently. KWIM? If it was a simple 'do you prefer a stamp with the image on the back or not?' well of course people would choose an image. But if the choice is between using vinyl cling with an image or a cling stamp that sticks easier with no image, people may answer different. Cling stamps that are cut to the shape of the stamp make it simple enough to position your stamp. That is a con of DR though. The stamp is just rectangle, so you have to cut the excess rubber yourself. Still, I prefer the fact that it sticks better. But other companies do cling without the image, too, and they're cut to shape. Our Daily Bread designs is one of them. Your stamps are already custom shape cut for the image so you wouldn't be making a change there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2015, 08:04 AM   #40  
Stampin' Fool

First...applause for Stampendous customer service responding on this thread, and being so helpful!

Second, I have only purchased wood mount stamps from them so this has not been an issue for me. I can't comment or make suggestions on the packaging or any instructions as I have not seen them myself.

One thing I didn't see mentioned specifically is that the vinyl cling sheet on the back of the stamp is NOT TRIMMED TO THE SHAPE OF THE STAMP. I apologize if this was mentioned in an earlier comment, I am trying to get ready for a meeting and may have missed it.

I think the fact that the vinyl cling sheet is bigger than the stamp is what messes people up. I noticed it on the video that was linked by Stampendous way up near the top of this thread. Even though it was not talked about specifically on that video if you watch you see the demo picking up and handling the stamp by that "extra" vinyl.

Would the stamp be as easy to place and remove from the acrylic block without all the extra? Could you simply trim it to the shape of your stamp? If I do buy any of these type stamps in the future I would want to trim it to shape.

I don't know what Stampendous has tried in terms of instructions on the packaging but it seems like the place to start is with a statement that the vinyl cling is larger than the stamp, it is not trimmed to shape, but it has the image on it and must stay on the stamp. Once people understand that part I think you avoid the problem of people ruining their stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes