Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is cool toddzmom!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #42  
Cardstock Collector

They are still running the sale...CricutMachine.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #43  
Kookie Creator

I first scored by getting a parking space at JoAnns really close by (and this was 20 minutes before opening). I scored a second time when they opened the doors (for all ten of us in line) nine minutes early (they NEVER do that!!). I scored a third time when I went to get the special (JoAnns only) Spellbinders Value Pack scrapbooking* : Shop | Joann.com and the only one I wanted Spellbinders Shapeabilities-Two Pack Flowers Leaves*: scrapbooking*: home*: Shop | Joann.com was the first one hanging up in the cage. This one was a big deal due to its having 18 pieces for the same price as the other packs with 4 or more. Online they were retailing for $39.99 and JoAnns was selling them for $27.99. For the 3 day sale they sold for $14.99. I scored a last time when the cashier asked if I wanted to use the 25% off sale and regular items coupon. I didn't think they would use it on a Door Buster item...but they did! So I spent a whole $12.22 (including tax) for my pack.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Joan, I love that Spellbinders set!! You, indeed, did very well!! WooHoo!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

Very nice Joan. I was going to go to JoAnn's last weekend, but didn't. I wish I had. I got a 4 pack of Spellbinders dies a while back (Ovals & Scalloped Ovals) at JoAnn's. They are such great deals. Congrats again on your numerous scares.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #46  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Card Maker 01View Post
I first scored by getting a parking space at JoAnns really close by (and this was 20 minutes before opening). I scored a second time when they opened the doors (for all ten of us in line) nine minutes early (they NEVER do that!!). I scored a third time when I went to get the special (JoAnns only) Spellbinders Value Pack scrapbooking* : Shop | Joann.com and the only one I wanted Spellbinders Shapeabilities-Two Pack Flowers Leaves*: scrapbooking*: home*: Shop | Joann.com was the first one hanging up in the cage. This one was a big deal due to its having 18 pieces for the same price as the other packs with 4 or more. Online they were retailing for $39.99 and JoAnns was selling them for $27.99. For the 3 day sale they sold for $14.99. I scored a last time when the cashier asked if I wanted to use the 25% off sale and regular items coupon. I didn't think they would use it on a Door Buster item...but they did! So I spent a whole $12.22 (including tax) for my pack.
Great Score! Especially the parking space!

Most of my stamping purchases were online. One of the orders I placed Sat arrived Mon! That was from Stampingscrapping.com. It had my new ScorPal No more shims in it. My order from Ellen Hutson arrived today with my Memory box dies.

Best of all my new Silhouette Cameo arrived today from Custom Crops! I'm so happy!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #47  
Cardstock Collector

I did not make it out on Black Friday as I was blessed with a second family Thanksgiving. However I did get some great deals on Martha Stewart winter punches and glitter on HSN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

I started Thanksgiving night at 7:00pm and finished Friday morning at 7:00am. I have the best dad in the world. He ventures out with me every year and keeps me company. Waits on lines while I run around the store. Got so many things that I went out for and needed to get. My huge Black Friday treasure would be The Cricut Expression 2. Got it for $168. Now selling my gently used Cricut Expression if anyone is interested. Have to post it in the buy/sell/trade section.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #49  
Stampin' Fool

I don't live in the US or Canada so we didn't have Black Friday sales in our stores here, and as shipping costs from "over there" are often too high for my budget, I love it when online stores make buying products worthwhile, as I can always justify the shipping costs if the items have been 35% or 50% off, as they were last week. I bought from Unity and Innovative Stamp Creations and can't wait for my orders to arrive. Never bought from Unity before (although always admired their stamps), but have bought from Innovative Stamp Creations previously and they are a great company to deal with. Highly recommended. My 2c worth .....
Happy Fan Club member.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #50  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg TView Post
Very nice Joan. I was going to go to JoAnn's last weekend, but didn't. I wish I had. I got a 4 pack of Spellbinders dies a while back (Ovals & Scalloped Ovals) at JoAnn's. They are such great deals. Congrats again on your numerous scares.
Thank you!

Not to highjack this thread, but I was really surprised at getting that particular pack because the brochure only showed the Crowns & Hearts pack and didn't say whether or not any others were/would be available. I tried searching the Spellbinders site with no luck whatsoever. It was only after searching JoAnns, did I find the other four packs. I was fully prepared for the store to say that that was the only pack available. I was also prepared to see if I could order mine through the store if they didn't have it.

So if you see something is advertised and it isn't actually what you want, do a search (manufacturer and store) before giving up. You never know what you'll find and and it never hurts to ask.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #51  
Kookie Creator

[QUOTE=ceramicat1;18967496]Great Score! Especially the parking space!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #52  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelleyskardsView Post
I did not make it out on Black Friday as I was blessed with a second family Thanksgiving. However I did get some great deals on Martha Stewart winter punches and glitter on HSN
Hey! Those are the best scores! Especially the first one!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

I got a ton of good stuff I think. Started online Thursday with a big order at JcPenney's for clothes for my teenage boys who seem to outgrow everything every couple of months. Hubby & I went to Walmart to look at TV's at midnight but he ended up ordering online from Best Buy & got a great deal. The TV is our big item for the family since our family room TV is old, old, old & unreliable. I went to Menards & stood in a line that must have been three blocks long. I got eight Cricut Lites (four are going to my friend who just bought Cricut) plus I got two dog beds, fleece blankets for $1.49 (for the dog) and some dog toys. Went nest to a small Joanns. That was about 7 AM. The store was mostly empty and I grabbed a bunch of the 75% off Sizzix & looked at the fleece fabric & wished I could sew decently!
Then I went to Michael's & Hobby Lobby looking for small wreaths which I did not find but I got sketch pads for son that were B1G1 plus 25% off. Went to Marshall's & got a dog coat. Went to Macy's & got the most devine memory foam pillow for about $23 (was around $75).
Then headed to the big Joanns store around 11:00 AM. The place was packed. People said they had been in the fabric cutting line for 3 hours. The check-out line was all the way to the back of the store and across the back of the store. I got a couple more Sizzix dies at 75% off. The line took 1/2 hour but workers came around with a basket of candy & assured everyone we could still use the extra 25% off coupon even after noon.
After that adventure I went home and slept the day away.

I didn't actually get much Christmas shopping done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #54  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

toddzmom & Card Maker 01- I think you both got the best deals.

Card Maker 01- I am talking about your parking space, lol. ;) I am teasing. I would have screamed in delight to find Nesties that cheap.

Leslie30- Your going to have some spoiled doggies for X-mas. I think that is great. I did that last year bought a TV for X-mas. DH & I never ever splurge on each other for X-mas. All of that goes to our family. My DH is a huge Xboxer and the old TV was not cutting it for his needs. This is a man who always puts things aside to spoil others. Last year I took our Christmas money budget and bought him a State of the art LCD TV. I thought my family was going to blow a gasket. They are still mad. I am still smiling about it, ROFL! My husband loves that TV. I got the TV over half off plus a $400 Blu-Ray player for only $119. Best part is seeing my DH who works so hard and has such a big heart enjoy that TV with his Xbox. The funny thing we never watch TV. We don't even know how to set it up, lol. We use it for gaming and our Roku. Our family thinks we wasted our money because who buys a TV and doesn't watch it?

I saw the Cricut Cake for $55 at Cricut's site. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw that price. I kept thinking the Circle girls were getting it even cheaper. I love the $49 price. I don't want one but if I was a cake decorating I would make room for it in my kitchen. I am telling you if you are in the market for a Cricut and accessories CricutMachine is the place to go. They are practically giving things away free. I have ordered from them before too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2011, 12:17 AM   #55  
Kookie Creator

Leslie30 - You have guts, woman! I've turned around and left lines shorter than what you went through. I'm surprised you're still not sleeping!

lylacfey - Awwwwwwww. What a sweetie for sweetie. As for your family still being mad... dump them and get better ones!:-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

It was fun reading the stories posted here. I did go out that day, but not for long. I did get (at least I thought) a good deal on Cricut cartridges. My Mom had the smaller one, until recently. So I bought hers, but hadn't actually purchased any cartridges for it. I just happened to have a chance to go by Michael's and they were $24.99. So I ended up picking out four. I was pretty excited! My Mom and I share everything so I had to be sure that I was getting ones that she didn't have. Now, finding the time to play with them...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

We went to City Market & Walgreen's for grocery items on Black Friday--both DEAD!. I got a new digital watch (my old one failed after 12 years--a Timex Expedition), from KMart for $30, on sale from $40. It was pretty DEAD there too. Our KMart has not done a great business since we got Walmart. I guess they were busy Thursday night. If you don't like the crowds (we don't), try some Black Friday shopping at a grocery store, or a store that's not that popular--nice & quiet while everyone else hits Walmart, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2011, 01:02 AM   #58  
Die Cut Diva

I love to go to K-mart on Black Friday. I usually go after the melee, later in the evening. I love to go to K-mart on any day. I still love K-mart. I agree it's fun to shop there on Black Friday because it's so dead. Some of the K-marts actually get in Sears items on Black Friday. You can find some really great deals. This is where I got my computer. It was an unadvertised sale. Sears just delivered like two or three to my K-mart and I was able to get my hands on one. Last year my DH & I got a beautiful meat slicer. It's the kind you find in a deli. Retailed for over $200. I think we paid $60 for it. We love that meat slicer. You know it's the little things in life, lol. Our friends love the meat slicer too and keep begging us to slice things.

I agree about the least popular stores for Black Friday. They are a treasure trove for good deals, less headache and more fun. All my X-mas shopping this year came from the "dead" stores. I bought luxury things for great prices. I will really get to spoil my loved ones this year.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #59  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
toddzmom & Card Maker 01- I think you both got the best deals.

Card Maker 01- I am talking about your parking space, lol. ;) I am teasing. I would have screamed in delight to find Nesties that cheap.

Leslie30- Your going to have some spoiled doggies for X-mas. I think that is great. I did that last year bought a TV for X-mas. DH & I never ever splurge on each other for X-mas. All of that goes to our family. My DH is a huge Xboxer and the old TV was not cutting it for his needs. This is a man who always puts things aside to spoil others. Last year I took our Christmas money budget and bought him a State of the art LCD TV. I thought my family was going to blow a gasket. They are still mad. I am still smiling about it, ROFL! My husband loves that TV. I got the TV over half off plus a $400 Blu-Ray player for only $119. Best part is seeing my DH who works so hard and has such a big heart enjoy that TV with his Xbox. The funny thing we never watch TV. We don't even know how to set it up, lol. We use it for gaming and our Roku. Our family thinks we wasted our money because who buys a TV and doesn't watch it?

I saw the Cricut Cake for $55 at Cricut's site. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw that price. I kept thinking the Circle girls were getting it even cheaper. I love the $49 price. I don't want one but if I was a cake decorating I would make room for it in my kitchen. I am telling you if you are in the market for a Cricut and accessories CricutMachine is the place to go. They are practically giving things away free. I have ordered from them before too.
Yes, the pets get spoiled here. They like everything I get for them and thank me for them with tail wags & cuddles vs. the teenagers who don't necessarily appreciate anything.

I think black Friday seems to be the best time to get TVs. My boys will be thrilled to have an up-to-date system finally.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #60  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Card Maker 01View Post
Leslie30 - You have guts, woman! I've turned around and left lines shorter than what you went through. I'm surprised you're still not sleeping!

lylacfey - Awwwwwwww. What a sweetie for sweetie. As for your family still being mad... dump them and get better ones!:-)
It did take me about three days to get caught up on sleep.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #61  
Mad Swapper

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did not get out for Black Friday. My back is much better after the 2nd surgery but I don't think it is ready for the crowds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #62  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamper1View Post
I did not get out for Black Friday. My back is much better after the 2nd surgery but I don't think it is ready for the crowds.
Hugs to you. My heart goes out to you. I hope your recuperation from back surgery is quick and your feeling better soon.

Reply With Quote Likes