Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-20-2006, 06:22 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default talent overwhelm

i was just taking a quick moment to skim through the recent uploads. i say skim because i have so much to do today i really shouldn't even be sitting here in front of the computer. but i had to take a moment to say this. i felt guilty leaving the gallery without making any comments. is it just me or does anyone else feel the same way?....the uploads lately have been even more incredible than usual. it seems that everyone is getting better and better, and there is so much new talent. i would have had to stop and comment on just about every card. they were all so good. i found this site back in march and since then have been continually amazed at the talent, the sense of community, the helpfulness, the nuttiness and fun, and the wealth of information represented here.
i said all that to say this...since i can't make a comment today on each and every card, i wanted to say a big all-inclusive 'thank you' and 'well done' to all of you. i feel i have grown so much as a stamper and it's in great part due to the inspiration i receive daily from all of you.
okay, now i feel better. i'm off to actually get something accomplished today......

For You have delivered my soul from death, My eyes from tears, And my feet from falling. Psalm 116:8

my blog http://wwwfeedingmysoul.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2006, 07:09 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, that's very nice of you! :grin:

So glad you enjoy hangin' here! {{{{{{{{{{88keys}}}}}}}}}}

Stamp on, girl!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2006, 10:34 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, that's certainly a nice email, Deb! Not that you were referring to my cards, but as of today, I've convinced myself I'm never going to upload cards again because I get no comments! I feel I either really suck as a card maker, or no one knows who I am on this site so don't bother looking at my cards! I know, this topic is being rehashed constantly in the SCS forums (ad naseum), but the last few times I've uploaded and received minimal comments, I've really begun to feel like, "why the heck am I taking the time to upload these??"

Ok, I'm done whining. Hopefully I won't get slammed to badly for my comments here. I know I shouldn't care what anyone thinks about my cards, but it's important to note that for EVERYONE, in all aspects of life, encouragment makes you feel good. It makes you want to continue on down the path you are following. If people on this board don't get feedback on their work, whether good or constructive, they won't keep coming back. And that, most definitely, would be a shame, because I RELY on other peoples uploads for my inspiration!

So Deb, thanks for taking the time to explain maybe why you have not been commenting so much in the gallery. I appreciate you taking the time to post a thread. I agree with you, the level of ability has really shot up here in the last few months, and we need to let the contributors know their work is VALUABLE and APPRECIATED.

Thanks for letting me spout off, be gentle on me!
Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

You are right! The talent here is amazing. It just makes you strive to do better and grow doesn't it?
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Deb that was very nice of you and I'm sure everyone appreciates it. And I completely agre, the talent here blows my mind! But the part is the friendly encouragment from people like you!
Amy/Westy04, please don't be discouraged! I think your work is fabulous! You have such a flair for color and use designer papers really well. Keep uploading please! Personally I'm guilty of not hitting the main gallery everyday, sometimes I only hv time for peeking at the challenges but I'm going to work on that, I'm missing way too much great stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

I too am constantly amazed at the ideas and talent shown here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2006, 09:44 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

amy (westy04), don't you dare stop uploading! i love your work. i just visited your gallery and realized i already have several of your cards in my favorites. i love your style. it's very artsy. and we're both lovers of basic grey. i'm probably guilty of not commenting enough, but i'm noticing you...so keep inspiring me.

For You have delivered my soul from death, My eyes from tears, And my feet from falling. Psalm 116:8

my blog http://wwwfeedingmysoul.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2006, 10:15 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

I too Deb, I'm amazed everyday how much talent is on this site. I love all the support everyone gives. It is very thrilling to get comments, and i try to comment on all the cards I look at. (Which takes some time as I'm on dial-up.)

Amy if you do the challenges, say the Color or Sketch, more people will see your cards, and you will get more comments. There is so much traffic on here that it is hard to see all the cards. By the way your cards are Beautiful, keep up-loading.

This site rocks and I feel I have learnt so much from everyone. I think everyone inspires each other. I spend way to much time on here. That is why i love the challenges, you have to stop and make a card, and use colors and design you normally wouldn't use.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2006, 10:26 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I also would like to thank everyone for their kind words on my cards.

I can't believe all the talent. I have quit buying stamp magazines, as they are so expensive, and don't hold a candle to the cards on this site, (not to mention the great directions here).

Ok. enough said about how I love this site, I need to go to bed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2006, 11:07 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by westy04
Well, that's certainly a nice email, Deb! Not that you were referring to my cards, but as of today, I've convinced myself I'm never going to upload cards again because I get no comments! I feel I either really suck as a card maker, or no one knows who I am on this site so don't bother looking at my cards! I know, this topic is being rehashed constantly in the SCS forums (ad naseum), but the last few times I've uploaded and received minimal comments, I've really begun to feel like, "why the heck am I taking the time to upload these??"

Ok, I'm done whining. Hopefully I won't get slammed to badly for my comments here. I know I shouldn't care what anyone thinks about my cards, but it's important to note that for EVERYONE, in all aspects of life, encouragment makes you feel good. It makes you want to continue on down the path you are following. If people on this board don't get feedback on their work, whether good or constructive, they won't keep coming back. And that, most definitely, would be a shame, because I RELY on other peoples uploads for my inspiration!

So Deb, thanks for taking the time to explain maybe why you have not been commenting so much in the gallery. I appreciate you taking the time to post a thread. I agree with you, the level of ability has really shot up here in the last few months, and we need to let the contributors know their work is VALUABLE and APPRECIATED.

Thanks for letting me spout off, be gentle on me!
Amy
Amy I commented on one of your cards before I read this thread. Can I say one thing though, you tend to upload variations of the same card a lot of the time. Your comments are going to be split between those cards, rather than everyone commenting on one.
Try just uploading one card at a time. Split them throughout the day, so that the cards around yours make your card stand out more.
Also, do the challenges, that is how most of us get comments on cards.
Your cards are great please don't stop uploading, I enjoy looking at them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 01:44 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well said, everyone. So much talent, and so little time. And Amy and others, please continue to upload! As has been mentioned before, it is pretty overwhelming to comment on all the cards we would like to - gotta save a little time for stamping, LOL! As for myself, I tend to look for some of the underappreciated cards, but even limiting myself to them, I eventually have to stop making comments and move on to something else. There are often 600 or more new items a day, plus the forums - that is a lot to look at and comment on.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 03:33 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

Amy, your cards are very nice, don't stop posting them. I usually don't get a chance to post comments as I get my chances to look in the gallery usually at work when I am busy doing something else.

The gallery is awesome, it is what determines whether I "need" a stamp set or not, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 03:41 AM   #13  
Glitter Guru

Totally agree with this. So many talented stampers - so many beautiful cards. I often feel guilty when I participate in one of the challenges and I don't leave comments on all of the other cards - but I would have to comment on all of them. What a terrific web site this is!!! Thanks to Daven and the moderators. Oh, and all the great stampers/scrapbookers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 03:45 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree, the talent here is awesome. The gallery is the best!

I hate to hear when people feel like Amy does about not getting comments. I try to comment on a few cards per day but it's tough since time is limited. I will say that most times I don't even look at the user who posted the card, I just bring up a card I like & type my comment. I think the volume of uploads has increase & so that explains why people get fewer comments. Often I see beautiful cards with only 1 comment! Anyway I am grateful for this awesome site & all of you who share your talent. also happy that SCS is able to support the volume of uploads that they get!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 04:10 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto, Ditto! What everyone said!
So little time, got to go to the office now :(
Stamping Happy! Member #4604
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 04:44 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks to everyone for lifting a SCS sister up when she needed it the most! There are many who have read this email and commented, or many who read the email and went straight to my gallery to comment on one of my cards. I appreciate the kind words, and the suggestions--I especially like Ally's comments about uploading too many of the same type of card, and her suggestion to upload one photo different times throughout the day, so as they stand out more. Makes complete sense. As I was telling BadSherry who PM'd me today, my head knows that it's difficult to comment on every card you look at, but my heart (and ego;)) take a hit. It's as simple and honest as that. You have all lifted me up today. Thanks so much for being there and providing support ;) .
Reply With Quote Likes