Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-11-2020, 05:47 PM   #41  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've sent out 16 Thinking of You cards to church friends I greeted every week and 4 April b-day cards. Now that I've sort of caught up on past cards I wanted to make, I'm going to start making cards using my new suites and bundles.

Kathy's Knook
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2020, 04:12 AM   #42  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts

I think card makers are the best. They brighten so many others lives with their paper hugs!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2020, 04:30 AM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

These are samples of the 43 cards I have sent in the last week. I grabbed my Christmas card list and my church directory and sent cards to people I don't ordinarily have much contact with. Everyone needs a little unexpected encouragement right now. Note: These are not all my designs. They are cards I had in my stash, many of which have been copied from other stampers. I would like to give credit but have no clue at this point. Time to make more cards. Woohoo!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2020, 05:06 AM   #44  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts

Wow Sylviad, I know you brightened so many lives...great job!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2020, 10:21 AM   #45  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 671 Likes on 449 Posts

Adding my wow and high-five to Sylviad for sending out all these great encouragement cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2020, 12:07 PM   #46  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 361 Likes on 187 Posts

I rarely get through these posts but the conversation here echoes many of my thoughts over the last month. The fear of getting ill gave way to mild depression, and now just a new slower rhythm of life. I have made many cards and mailed many cards over the last month. Now I'm down to only Christmas stamps, so that should make people laugh when the next batch goes out. Now more than ever our paper love can lift someone up. Let's keep getting inky. Love being part of this community.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2020, 09:42 AM   #47  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

A friend sent me this meme. Thought it might provide some virus card making inspiration. I think the raccoon makes the perfect mascot.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2020, 08:34 AM   #48  
Pearl-ExPert

BRAG TIME!:  Sorry, but I need to brag a little.  I have sent out 114 cards since 4/1/20. I also have made 110 Christmas cards with 23 different designs.  Not all my designs, of course. I can't seem to stop! I use Splitcoast, Google images and Pintrest for ideas. I don't want to post any pictures right now because I want the cards to be a surprise for all the recipients.  All this card making is keeping me out of the refrigerator (most of the time anyway�).  I am widowed and obviously retired, so I have more time on my hands than many of you who are working.  I have a TV in my craft room so that keeps me occupied also. I have attached a couple of photos of my craft room. I feel like making cards kind of keeps me connected with many of you.
My photos are sideways in the attachments.  I don't now why nor how to fix them.  The are right side up in my phone.

Attached Thumbnails
Take that you nasty virus!!-img_1738.jpg   Take that you nasty virus!!-img_1739.jpg   Take that you nasty virus!!-img_1740.jpg  

Last edited by sylviad; 09-23-2020 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: Photos are sideways! I don't know why.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2020, 11:26 AM   #49  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylviadView Post
BRAG TIME!:  Sorry, but I need to brag a little.  I have sent out 114 cards since 4/1/20. I also have made 110 Christmas cards with 23 different designs.  Not all my designs, of course. I can't seem to stop! I use Splitcoast, Google images and Pintrest for ideas. I don't want to post any pictures right now because I want the cards to be a surprise for all the recipients.  All this card making is keeping me out of the refrigerator (most of the time anyway�).  I am widowed and obviously retired, so I have more time on my hands than many of you who are working.  I have a TV in my craft room so that keeps me occupied also. I have attached a couple of photos of my craft room. I feel like making cards kind of keeps me connected with many of you.
My photos are sideways in the attachments.  I don't now why nor how to fix them.  The are right side up in my phone.

Wow!  You should brag -- that is a fabulous accomplishment.  I am retired too, but not nearly as productive as you seem to be.  Your craft room looks great.  Well organized -- that must be the secret to you success.  Look forward to seeing the pics with you do post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Way to go Sylvia.  I thought I was doing good sending out 60 cards in the last few months.  I have family in Las Vegas, Texas and South Carolina and had taken upon myself to send them cheer in their mailboxes weekly.  It is so important to keep ourselves feeling up in this horrible time.  By the way Sylvia I have a daughter that lives in Fraser over your way. unfortunately she got COVID from work.  She works in a hospital.  She is doing better an back to work but not  back to normal yet.
Marcia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2020, 01:02 PM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Thanks

[QUOTE=AbbysGrammy;22000910]
Way to go Sylvia.  I thought I was doing good sending out 60 cards in the last few months.  I have family in Las Vegas, Texas and South Carolina and had taken upon myself to send them cheer in their mailboxes weekly.  It is so important to keep ourselves feeling up in this horrible time.  By the way Sylvia I have a daughter that lives in Fraser over your way. unfortunately she got COVID from work.  She works in a hospital.  She is doing better an back to work but not  back to normal yet.
Marcia
[/
Thanks for your kind words. I hope your daughter is okay. Keep those cards going out. I know your family and friends smile when they get them. I feel like my friends and family are worth the 50 cent stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2020, 01:36 PM   #52  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 292 Likes on 194 Posts

I just started stamping again after a 10ish yr break. I need the creative time to get out of a major slump. Then, as I was running out of room in my card box, I decided it was time to mail some out. I started with a group of women I met on SCS in 2004 and then branched out to others that I thought might like some happy mail. The response has been encouraging. There are so many new tools and techniques that were developed while I wasn’t paying attention, but they will have to wait until after I brush up on the basics again. I had a bit of a chuckle the other day when I couldn’t remember the trick to getting ink to stick to red rubber stamps. I searched on here and found the answer but thought to myself - now I have to go put on my jeans - like real clothes??? Instead, I just rubbed the stamp on my old SU! apron since it’s similar to denim. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2020, 01:01 AM   #53  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieinOCView Post
A friend sent me this meme. Thought it might provide some virus card making inspiration. I think the raccoon makes the perfect mascot.

That's some nice way to divert our bad experience with this pandemic to something productive.
Reply With Quote Likes