Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:35 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TAC vs. SU

Im a newbie to this stamping addiction. SCS is really BAD for me!

I haven't seen a TAC catty nor a SU catty.

All I have are a few wood rubber stamps, a few clear stamps and Bellas (of course).

I am on the fence about becoming a hobby demo for either TAC or SU.
I like rubber stamps like the bellas that I just stick to a acrylic block with my double sided tape and I am ready to go. After browsing the SU on line catalog, Im confused :confused: (keep in mind, Im a stamping virgin).

With SU stamps do I have to cut them, stick them on something and then mount them on a wood block? How about TAC stamps?

Which company is better and why?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 11:55 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

You should get a catalog from each company, and then decide which company suits your tastes. Personally I prefer SU (which is why I'm a demo)!

My blog: Stephanie B. Designs
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 12:21 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

As a former SU demo and now TAC demo, I love both companies. The main reason I switched from SU was the high minimums needed to stay active. All of their products coordinate, are very well made, and I am still impressed with their company and creativity. TAC stamps are made of the same vulcanized deeply etched rubber, which you attach to a clear block with EZ mount cling. The main bonus of this is the storage space needed for stamps, as one doesn't need to keep all those wood blocks which take up space. The images are similar - I love some with both company and others are just not my style. In looking at both catalogs, which is an excellent suggestion, see what products you like and that you'd be comfortable selling. I know my customers were hesitant of SU prices, which have gone up this year. Some things I think were worth the cost and some I didn't. It certainly is a personal choice. Most TAC stamps range between 10.95 and 19.95. Both companies offer great discounts. Since SU is larger, their monthly Stampin Success for demos is quite impressive, while TAC's version is in b/w and is not as flashy. TAC is much smaller, but I liked the more family feel. Good luck with whatever you decide. Either company is great and I'm sure you'll be happy with either! Let us know what you decide or if you have any other questions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 12:29 AM   #4  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbie 50View Post
With SU stamps do I have to cut them, stick them on something and then mount them on a wood block? How about TAC stamps?

Thanks
You trim the rubber around the imags - the foam and stickiness is already on the stamp. After you trim, you peel off the paper backing and stick it onto the wood block.

Some SU! people go unmounted, for whatever reason.

I've always said I'm too lazy to stick and restick stamps, and the blocks can be expensive, though I was told I'd only need a few - but then I realized that I start things and leave projects partially done, so in that case, unmounting and remounting the stamps would be a pain to me (as I said, I'm lazy) so I'd be buying more mounts so I'd have enough!

Either way, that's not a big deal to most people - personal choice.

Both companies have lines of paper and stamp designs, so as someone else said, it's really up to you to decide if a certain style appeals to you more or not.

SCS was originally started by an SU! demo, which is why the gallery seems to lean toward SU! sets (alphabetically and all that). But that was awhile ago, and we have a lot of TAC demos, and a lot of people who aren't demos for either, but are awesome stampers. We have some people who are on design teams for rubber stamp companies too!

There are some really great artists on SCS.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 12:45 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbie 50View Post
).

Thanks
SU the rubber is already attached to the foam & you can trim it with scissor or pop them out if they are diecuts, peel back the paper & adhere to the wood blocks supplied. You then add the index/stock image sticker to the coordinating image.

1) I like the low minimums($300.00 every quarter) with SU

2) I personally like wood stamps. To me there is nothing like holding a block of wood in your hand.

3) SU offers their line of exclusive colors with paper & ink that coordinate.

4) I also like that there cardstock is colored through. Sometimes when you buy cardstock from acmoore, michaels, etc. You end up with white shown through the middle when it's cut. I hate that!

5) I don't like having to get easy mount & all that stuff for acrylics & blocks.
I also noticed on the very few acrylics I have they stain easier then SU.

6)They have great online & mailing resources. They offer trainings in different regions all over the country, even Canada

7) Also, there is a secondary market for SU (I am not sure about TAC) that after stamp sets retire(there are some that do retire every year to make room for new ones) you can sell them on ebay(they can NOT be current). So some stamp sets that I have from when I first started stamping with SU are now worth something there.

I also like the price of SU. Almost all inks are $5.25 & some stamp sets are under $15.00. So they are affordable!

9) This is the 1st year they have had a price increase across the board since I started purchasing their products 5 years ago. And most things were only a dollar or two.

10) their Stampin Start kit for demonstrators is a fantastic buy & great if you don't really have many stamping things. It has all the basics & cheaper then buying them piece by piece.

I will say I don't know my about TAC but I have had SU products for 5 years with no quality problemw with their ink pads, cardstock & rubber stamps. SU seems to try their best to offer only quality things which is you can't find at your local craft store.

Hope this helps. I just took the plunge & became a demo in February
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 03:25 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

I've been a TAC demo for about a year, and continue to be a long-time SU customer. The reason I chose TAC over SU is that my area is saturated with SU demos and the closest TAC demo was an hour away. The minimums are only $100/4 months - just $300 per year! I knew I could do that on my own if I needed to. If I have a bad stretch and go inactive, all I have to do to reactivate is submit a $50 order. I don't lose demoship and have to buy a whole new kit. The kit is a great value for the money, and there are often sign-up specials. In August you'd get the level C (gorgeous doodley flower set) and level D (awesome script alpha) hostess sets free, in addition to everything else in the kit. I agree with the Shari - TAC is a bit less snazzy than SU, but there is a wonderful family feel.

As far as the stamps go, I was initially hesitant to work with unmounteds because I'd had a bad experience with some I'd bought online. I tried some TAC stamps and was immediately hooked! They're super easy to work with and I always get a great image. I store my stamps in CD cases and I have probably 30-40 sets scored in 3 small CD crates.

Please come back and let us know what you decide! I'm sure any of the wonderful SU or TAC demos on this site would be happy to answer any of your questions. Good luck with your decision!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 03:49 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile TAC vs SU

I would ask yourself how much inspiration you get from the gallery here. I've found that I use my SU stamps much more because of the great examples that are posted here! I have one TAC set, haven't made a single card with it and there are no examples on the 'net to inspire me. Same goes for the CTMH sets--just can't find enough to CASE.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 03:52 AM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

I think TAC has another site full of samples for inspiration...

something with wings.... or wishes... paperwings? paperwishes?

Lisa - any help?

SCS is a HUGE enabler and source of inspiration for us all! Isn't it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 04:14 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

They are both great companies, and I love stamps from both! If I were you, I would probably choose whichever were my favorite. Get a catalog from each, and see which sets you MUST have! LOL! Good luck!

The more we thank, the more we discover we have to be thankful for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 04:18 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

I have been a demo for both companies. I love unmounted rubber stamps. When I became a TAC demo, I learned how nice it is to have stamps that take up so little space. I promptly unmounted all my SU stamps. Now all my stamp sets are stored in cd cases. My favorite stamp set is Rub a Dub Dub by TAC.
Now even though I loved TAC products I went back to Stampin Up because I had all the Stampin Up pads. I loved that Stampin Up paper matched the pads. That the colors were easy to coordinate. I also liked the pinks that Stampin Up had more than TACs. I knew that I would be buying more SU products than TAC so it made more since for me to be with SU.
If you don't have a lot of product of either, it would be really easy to demo for either company. Get a TAC catalog and look at their stamp designs. Do the same thing with SU. Find out which has a better stamp style that you like. Both companies have quality rubber stamps and quality products. But if you prefer one companies stamp style over the other, it would be better to go with that company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 04:19 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Here's the link to the gallery Meredith referred to:

http://stampingdiva.com/paperwingsgallery/index.php

It's small but growing!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 05:30 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

SU's minimums are not low. TAC is 100.00 every 4 months. TAC is an excellent company, and I love many of the stamp sets this year. They keep getting better. Really when you look at the amount you are saving, taking stamps off acrylic blocks is nothing. Really. Not even a problem there. TAC has the best ink on the market, Hybrid Palette Inks. I love them. I own many SU sets and inks, but Hybrid Palette inks can be used on anything, are archival, and they don't need to be heat set. Also it has nothing to do with inspiration, many of the TAC demos have blogs with stamped samples, there are plenty of galleries on other sites for inspiration.

I must say, I was leaning towards SU at first. I love their stuff, but when I received a catalog from TAC, it won me over. The minimum of 100.00 every 4 months can't be beat. I mean, you don't even have to push products to make minimums. A couple of personal orders and you are set for 4 months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 05:32 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Oh and TACs range is from 5.95/7.95 to 19.95 for most stamp sets, except alphas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 05:36 AM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Another thing mentioned above that needs clarification. TAC is rubber not acrylic stamps.
Quote from above:

5) I don't like having to get easy mount & all that stuff for acrylics & blocks.
I also noticed on the very few acrylics I have they stain easier then SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 06:22 AM   #15  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

I like rubber stamps like the bellas that I just stick to a acrylic block with my double sided tape and I am ready to go. After browsing the SU on line catalog, Im confused :confused: (keep in mind, Im a stamping virgin).

Thanks
I believe that the TAC stamps would work the same way as the bellas ... stick the rubber to your block and go. I'm not sure if they need trimming of not.

SU! stamps are similar ... one extra step - cut around the design - although all the mini sets are now diecut, so they just pop out. Then you peel off the back and stick them to the wood block, once. Then you're ready to go forever.

Not a big difference there. The difference is storage. However, if you're not actively demonstrating to customers, you can keep your SU! rubber unmounted (ie. not stick them to the wood block - just use them with your acrylic).

It sounds like you might want to look at the two catalogues online ... whose images do you prefer? Which of the sets would you buy more of? That'll be a good indicator of your next step.

Once you choose to sign up, use the demonstrator locator on the company websites ... it'll help you find a local demo to sign up under.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 06:24 AM   #16  
Mad Swapper

One thing about inspiration from the SCS gallery - you can find a card you love made with SU stamps and most likely substitute TAC stamps for a similar look! I was with TAC, switched to SU, and am back with TAC to stay. Love the minimums, small storage (I am currently switching mine from CD cases to laminated cardstock for even less storage space), the prices, and the fact that there aren't that many TAC demos compared to SU demos. TAC stamp images are getting better in every catalog.
Sally Taylor, Fun Stampers Journey Coach #1118

My FSJ site
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 06:36 AM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Just an online catalog comment- I haven't found the TAC catalog online even worth viewing!! I couldn't see the stamps!!! The writing in the background totally distorted them for me. Sigh. I do have a mix of mounted and unmounted, so I was interested. Guess I have to wait to find someone to acually get a paper catalog!

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 06:51 AM   #18  
Crimping Master

Another site to look to for TAC inspiration is www.ashadeofblue.net. While it's not only TAC stuff, there are a lot of TAC samples there. PaperWings, mentioned above, is TAC only, but it is brand new so we're still growing. Not as many samples yet. We'll get there, though! :-)

With TAC and SU you have to cut your images out, it's just that with TAC there's not another step of mounting on wood like there is with SU. You place them on acrylic blocks as you need, then peel off when you're done. (or if you're like me, you leave several on your workspace for a while!).

The acryllic blocks are very reasonable--1x1=75 cents, 2x2=1.50, 3x3=2.50, etc. So...even if you want more than one block of each size, it's not a big deal. Besides, you'd be buying from yourself which would help you make those minimums.

I've been a demo for several years now and have never had trouble, EVER, with minimums. :-)

HTH!
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 07:08 AM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would it be possible for you to contact a local demo for SU and TAC and ask if they have stamping classes? That way you would see for yourself how their products are.

With both companies you will have to do some assembly. In the SU starter kit you will get the craft and rubber scissors which are awesome. I don't know for sure if they are included in TAC's kit.

I will list the things that I don't like from both companies:

SU: it is harder to meet your minimum
you may not sell your handmade items at a retail location.

TAC: I don't like their price for shipping on smaller orders.
wish they had all the colors coordinate just like SU and more colors to choose from.

Another thing you might want to consider. If you would like to sell your handmade items any way you want, then the angel company would be the way to go. There are no restrictions as long as it is handmade.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 07:17 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomofonesonView Post
...but Hybrid Palette inks can be used on anything, are archival, and they don't need to be heat set
Doesn't it say on the pad to heat set on non-porous surfaces? I believe it does. Just wondering. They are great pads. I only use the neutrals but have used them for many, many years. I don't think I've ever even inked any of my pads. My poor reinkers just sit in the closet, neglected.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 07:29 AM   #21  
Crimping Master

Thank you ladies for all of the wonderful tips, info and web site links to visit.
I have a SU catalog on the way and Im going to try to find a TAC catalog to makes its way to me also ;)

Someone also suggested CTMH (by the way, I didnt know what that meant before today) :rolleyes:

I've said this before and here it is again.....

I am always amazed about how many talented and wonderful people are here at SCS. Everytime I've had questions, everyone jumps in and is willing to help. I thank you all and please know that you are all truly appreciated.

I will post and let everyone know what I decide. In the meantime, I will check back every couple of hours (Im addicted to this place) and continue to find out everyones suggestions.

I CANT wait to see the catalogs!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 08:27 AM   #22  
Forum Fanatic

I think both companies are necessary to my stamping!

TAC is where I buy all my stamps. SU is where I get all my paper. I get ink from both of them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

HUH? Really because it always works for me and always has. I can see the stamps, click on them to enlarge the image.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecheckerView Post
Just an online catalog comment- I haven't found the TAC catalog online even worth viewing!! I couldn't see the stamps!!! The writing in the background totally distorted them for me. Sigh. I do have a mix of mounted and unmounted, so I was interested. Guess I have to wait to find someone to acually get a paper catalog!

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 10:15 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbie, I do think the best course is to find local demos for any company you can find and attend a function so you can get hands on experience. That's the best way to find out how you like them. Failing that, purchase a few stamps from each company. The bottom line is, you must like the product if you want to sell it! Whether it's SU, TAC, CTMH (talk about alphabet soup!!), enthusiasm is what will help you sell. Have fun during your search!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

I have used them on plastic and not heat set and had no problems with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mungojerryView Post
Doesn't it say on the pad to heat set on non-porous surfaces? I believe it does. Just wondering. They are great pads. I only use the neutrals but have used them for many, many years. I don't think I've ever even inked any of my pads. My poor reinkers just sit in the closet, neglected.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 10:20 AM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

I have used them on plastic and not heat set and had no problems with it.
Good to know. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 10:25 AM   #27  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

HUH? Really because it always works for me and always has. I can see the stamps, click on them to enlarge the image.
Maybe it was the demo's site I looked at?? Where do you go to see the cattie?

Thanks,
Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 10:46 AM   #28  
Stampin' Fool

I should add, I did let it dry completely before working with it though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mungojerryView Post
Good to know. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 10:47 AM   #29  
Stampin' Fool

Click on the Products link at the top of the page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

What does TAC stand for?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 11:03 AM   #31  
Gabfest Goddess

greetingstoinvites, you stole the words right out of my mouth!! I don't know about how TAC works, but I've been in love with SU products since before I signed up as a demo. Good luck in whatever road you chose, just make sure it's what makes YOU happy. ;) And makes you money of course...lol. :p vbmenu_register("postmenu_6740175", true);
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 11:04 AM   #32  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by snookyView Post
What does TAC stand for?
The Angel Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #33  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Angel Company.

They pride themselves on having an angel policy that allows you to sell all of your creations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #34  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecheckerView Post

Anne
TAC does not intend for that to be a flip through catalog like SU's. Those are pdf's that you can print off so that you can the full size image. Obviously with a full size image, they HAVE to do something like that- because the possibility of theft is too high. It is meant as a supplement to the catalogs demos would bring to parties- not to stand alone (notice there are no prices.) However, I don't have problems with the watermark, as you have found. Another great thing TAC has (though not user friendly, IMO) is online shopping carts. Any XXXX.ismyangel.net site has all the stamps and products on it- and you can buy right then and there. (But if you want to earn free benefits, you still need to talk/email a demo)

Although I do like SU's flip through catalog online- I find it ALSO has it's draw backs- even with the magnifier, I often can't see the fine details of sets.

Everyone does it a little differently- and everyone has their preferences!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

Well, my vote is with TAC! I love the stamps, but love the demo pack even more. The low low minimums, the monthly contests, the "angels only" section of the website has some great advice and product reviews, plus they have a signing bonus of 2 free hostess sets (the level C and D sets) for signing before August 31. Great deals- lots of fun- I love it!

That being said- the products are quite a bit different. Besides the obvious difference of the stamps themselves, almost all TAC cardstock has a white core- SU is colored throughout.

Unlike SU, TAC has no signature brands really- which leads to more transparency of product perhaps, but doesn't give the overall arch of color matching that SU has. For instance, although the markers may be the same for both companies, TAC clearly marks the brand while SU gives you the matching colors. This allows TAC to give more variety of colors (while also allowing you to scope out a better deal at your local craft store!), but doesn't allow them to offer a stamp pad, marker, ribbon, cardstock, brad, and paper flower all in an identical color. If color matching is your thing, you might lean towards SU.

SU has a better punch selection (I know that is terribly disloyal, but there you have it) TAC has great clever lever punches- they work as well as the SU- and I really think the clever lever design is the best overall for punches, but SU has a better selection and more "nesting" shapes.

TAC does not sell stamping wheels. SU does- they also have the individual ink cartridges with a variety of their colors to use in the stampin wheels.

So now some $ comparisons- SU minimums are $1200 a year (or $300 a quarter) and TAC are $300 a year (or $100 every four months)

Accessories in both catalogs are comparable- a little higher here, a little lower there. Cardstock a bit cheaper for SU, embellishments like brads and such often cheaper for TAC. But for stamps- forget about it! Sample sets- SU Wild About You (set of 8 ) 23.95, TAC Wild For You (set of 11!) 19.95. These sets are pretty close- both have a lion, giraffe, penguin, bird, wild for/about you script, flower and elephant in pretty much the same style. Then SU gives you an alligator and TAC gives you a zebra, butterfly, ostrich and another text "you bring out the animal in me". Both sets have stamps of about the same size. At 19.95 this set is pretty much the most expensive you'll find in the TAC catalog- SU has sets well into the 30's. Another comparison is the TAC set Camping (set of 12) for 19.95 and the SU set Happy Camper (set of 10) for 31.95. Again- mostly the same style, with many of the same stamp scenes, both have a bear, 2 trees, a sleeping bag, a boot, a log fire, SU has a camper- TAC has a tent, and then SU adds a cat-tail, a smoke swirl, a lantern, and a bucket of something- TAC has some stars, buzzing bees, a swiss army knife, a fishing poll, and the block script "camping". The look on these is not as close as the previous example, but they're pretty darn close.

Then there is the angel policy- SU has a pretty strict angel policy, TAC has a very lenient one. This will probably only make a real difference to you, however, if you actually plan to sell cards. If you just like to do the demos and mail things out to your friends and family- the angel policy doesn't really matter. If you want to sell cards at boutiques or other stores, or if you want to do a lot of mixed media where you'll be stamping on glass or clay- then you're going to get into a lot of bother over the SU angel policy.

Besides that the general "feel" of the companies is also a bit different. TAC sells stamps- they focus on the stamps- that's really it. I mean they do have a line of specialty papers (which I love incidently), but the rest of the stuff in the catalog you can often find in your local craft store. It is added to the catalog as a convienence to you and there is a lot of color matching tips and hard to find supplies, but they focus on selling really great inexpensive but high quality stamps.

SU sells a "package". They have a signature color line that is easily identifiable to anyone who's stamped for more than a week. Everything is specifically choosen to coordinate with everything else. Their stamps are just as high quality as TAC, but their focus seems to be not just on the stamps, but also on the mixability of their other products.

And after alllllll that- the two single most important things before you decide will be 1) your personal preference for the basic styles of stamps and 2) your choice of upline! Try and meet or talk to your upline before you make any big decisions- they can really make or break your start up. A good upline will help you out and give advice, technique know-how, tips, and be in communication. A bad one will just let you drift on your own- which can be very discouraging. As you are a "stamping virgin" as you phrased it your upline will be even more important- you'll want someone who is really willing to invest some time with you to make sure you're comfortable with your techniques and products. Good luck! HTH!
Amanda Allison - TAC angel #3779
Lovin every minute of it!
www.amandaallison.ismyangel.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #36  
Vee
Glitter Guru

I am a SU! and I also vote for TAC. There are far fewer TAC demos nationwide so you can share the same customer base with all the probably many SU! demos in your area. I know we don't have a singe TAC demo and 22 SU! demos in my county.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 08:30 PM   #37  
Crimping Master

Just wanted to point out that only one of our cardstock lines is white core (DCWV). The rest is solid--the Bazzill is solid and so is our basic CS and sparkles CS (everything found on page 112). It's great to have both! If you don't want just the white core, I didn't want you to be scared off by the post above that said "almost all" of TAC's paper is white core.

HTH! :-)
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #38  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianerhView Post
Just wanted to point out that only one of our cardstock lines is white core (DCWV). The rest is solid--the Bazzill is solid and so is our basic CS and sparkles CS (everything found on page 112). It's great to have both! If you don't want just the white core, I didn't want you to be scared off by the post above that said "almost all" of TAC's paper is white core.

HTH! :-)
Also, white core isn't necessarily a negative. If you want to tear the paper, you can get a really different look!

I'm a hobby demo with SU! Just wanted to point that out.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 04:51 AM   #39  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

I haven't seen a TAC catty but from what I've seen online, I love their stuff! I used to demo for CTMH but recently switch to SU! I just like the variety offered by SU but still love CTMH and will probably still spend as much with my former upline as I do on my own stuff, lol! I love all companies equally but chose SU! so I can order their wonderful stuff whenever I dang well please! But like I said, I'm an equal opportunity stamper, if it's rubber or acrylic and stamps stuff, it's fair game, hahaha!
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 05:48 AM   #40  
Stampin' Fool

I actually searched for white core when I first started paper crafting- I wanted to emboss and sand. So yeah, it is nice sometimes!!!

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes