Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Super Slow Shipping

I just got a notice that an order I placed a week ago, at SimonSaysStamp, just shipped today. Had I known it would take a week before it left the vendor, I would have ordered elsewhere because there's every possibility it is coming by Smart Post and won't get here for another week or ten days.

Do you think it unreasonable to expect vendors to ship within a couple of days at most, or let you know if they CAN'T ship within 2 days?

PTI warns that shipping may be delayed around the 15th when they are unfurling new stamps, but even around the 15th, I've never had them take a week to ship.

I need the cutting plates for Big Shot NOW! darnit. And by the way, have you noticed the price jump on the cutting plates for the Cuttlebug? TAP plastics might be the place to buy the things in the future.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2014, 04:54 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simon Says Stamp is notorious for slow shipping. I don't order from them often, but when I do, I count on it taking a l...o...n...g time for it to arrive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2014, 07:14 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It's rather sad since they are an SCS sponsored company for them to continue to ship so slowly...they have so many things I would like to order but will not do so because of their super slow ship times!
I would have thought that with all their new growth they would have done something about their shipping but doesn't seem like they care about that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Your experience with SSS is typical as far as my own goes. I don't order anything I want from them in a hurry.

But they do carry a lot of things, so you can stock up on a lot in one place. That's why I do continue to order from them, even though they are...so.... slooooooooow.

SU is pretty slow, too, though. Don't you find?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Haven't found SU to be slow, but I am used to 3 day turn around with other companies. Though they don't carry absolutely everything Creative Play Stamps - Rubber Art Stamps is a super fast shipper with good prices too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,917 Likes on 2,185 Posts

I think su is fast! At least that's been my experience. A friend orders SSS for me and they are sure slow, but I love it when it finally arrives!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Whoa! Tell me about TAP plastics. Can I order my own cutting plates?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2014, 07:03 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered from SSS for the first time a few weeks ago. I am extremely happy with the shipping. I placed the order during a big sale on a Tuesday, realized I made a mistake on something during checkout. I emailed them to make sure my payment properly went through (it didn't) they responded that day and I got back to them with a correct code which I had originally miss-keyed late on Tuesday. For all intents they couldn't have my order information until Wednesday. My order was shipped on Friday. I received it Monday. I think that's reasonable, actually I thought it was really fast with the sale and terrible weather.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The slow shipping is not anything new but lately I have noticed that they seem to be out of stock on a lot of merchandise. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #10  
Inking Addict

I hate to order from SSS bc of the shipping. Now SU always shocks me when I see it on my doorstep before I even realize it's been shipped. Anyone ever order from Ellen Hutson and know how their shipping is?

Does anyone know where to get the pink Tombow refills for cheap - considering SSS shipping and Michaels doesn't carry it...Amazon's prize is 9.94 for ONE refill!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 03:34 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Ellen Hutson ships quickly.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 06:10 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I order from SSS a lot and agree that they have the slowest shipping times of any company I deal with. Sometimes I get an order within a week, other times it's two. It's unpredictable so I just don't order anything I can't wait a few weeks for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 07:16 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yeah it really does stink. I didnt get a shipping notice till a week from when I placed my order. And that really makes up my mind when im shopping online. I would love to buy from them but it seems like i go for Shop Scrapbooking Supplies, Tim Holtz, October Afternoon, Heidi Swapp, Sizzix, Graphic 45 and Scrapbook.com: Scrapbooking Supplies & Ideas most of the time. If its a popular item I try to find it on amazon first because we are prime members and get free shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

I placed an order with SSS on 2/22 and it didn't ship til 3/4!! I did get it today, though, so I'm happy about that! I think part of it is that people who take Online Card Classes get a discount for a certain amount of time before/after the class, and it's always before/after an OCC!! :-) IMO they should hire more people. And they have such awesome high-profile stampers (Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire, just to name 2) promoting them too - maybe THEY could put some pressure on them. I agree about stuff being frequently out of stock too.
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #15  
Inking Addict

I agree that SSS is the worst in the shipping department, hands down. In addition to their extremely slow shipping process, which they always blame on the post office, I have received packages that were mangled and partially opened, due to the poor packing that SSS did. I love their selection, but I vowed to never again purchase from this incompetent company that refuses to address this issue. However, Ellen Hutson has nearly the selection, and they are so quick and very responsive. Love them!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluDragonView Post
Yeah it really does stink. I didnt get a shipping notice till a week from when I placed my order. And that really makes up my mind when im shopping online. I would love to buy from them but it seems like i go for Shop Scrapbooking Supplies, Tim Holtz, October Afternoon, Heidi Swapp, Sizzix, Graphic 45 and Scrapbook.com: Scrapbooking Supplies & Ideas most of the time. If its a popular item I try to find it on amazon first because we are prime members and get free shipping.
I love Scrapbook.com too. I also have the option to pick up my orders from their warehouse since I am local, but I pay for shipping anyway for the convenience of home delivery. I get my packages in days from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

I've ordered from SSS at least 5 times and don't have an issue with their shipping (I'm in Eastern Canada and mail service is terrible here). They do take a couple of business days to process an order but if you know that going in it's not an issue.
I've also accidentally ordered something twice and phoned them prior to shipping and had the item removed from my order.
I understand many of their US customers are probably used to instant gratification and I'm used to slow shipping so that may be why it doesn't bother me as much but I'm just throwing in my 2 cents as a happy SSS customer (they also did state on their blog a week or so ago that shipping is behind due to the new release they just had)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

I have only placed one order with SSS and after them taking a week to mail out the package, I said never again. I would expect to receive my package within a week.

I order from MFT and it's at my door in two days ~ now they rock in the shipping department!!

~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Super Slow Shipping

It took them 2 weeks to get my order in the mail, but I did get it. Probably won't order from them again.

Cindy/CA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2014, 05:17 AM   #20  
Proud Fan Club Member

I would like to know why they don't keep their customers up to date once the order is placed? My friend ordered me one die weeks ago and still no word. I hope it comes today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I would like to know why they don't keep their customers up to date once the order is placed? My friend ordered me one die weeks ago and still no word. I hope it comes today.
What information is there to provide in between "order placed" and "order shipped"?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2014, 07:39 AM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
What information is there to provide in between "order placed" and "order shipped"?
They never provided a shipped yet...and it was in stock. So if its delayed a delay notice would be nice.
Reply With Quote Likes