Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2018, 05:12 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Suggestions for Bullet/Calendar Journals

I decided to give the current trend a try and created a journal for doing so but now what? It is set up as a week at a glance type journal and was wondering what things you actually write in yours.

Let me stress that I will not be giving up my electronic calendar that syncs across all devices and I do not work.

I'm thinking this will be more diary like. The idea's I have come up with are:

word and/or bible verse of the day (or week)
goals for the week
mood tracker
brief description of special events and memories
yes I'm in the 55 plus group so maybe health tracking

What else do y'all suggest?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2018, 02:55 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep a weekly journal also and keep track of boring things like loads of laundry, my few appointments, where I ate, when I went shopping, etc. I have a section for weekly information and another section for my to-do list. This journal is used mostly as a reminder as I forget things. My journal is not an art journal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2018, 05:46 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

The to Do list, yes! Mine is a to do for the week, feels more do - able and less confining. I may even include honey do's on it.

I have seen where people keep a separate list of books they have read and I like the idea of mentioning a book and if I did or did not like it. I'm not sure I need a separate page/section though, then again a rating system at a glance may not be such a bad idea.

I do love using a do it yourself journal though. I can customize it as I go to fit what I have going on, NOT the other way around. I have an upcoming trip and using my own means I can skip a couple of pages to be more detailed during that trip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2018, 12:59 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a daily planner for work where I also jot down things like appointments. It's a functional planner and I don't decorate it in any way (outside occasionally using colorful pens). And I kind of like keeping it that way.

I did, however, purchase a grid journal recently and I'm using it bullet-style to track things that relate to my hobbies. For example, I track what kind of medium I use for art and how often. Or what shows I'm watching right now, or what books I've read. I have a section for card-making too, where I track my blog posts, types of cards I've made (and used) and list some of the supplies. It's really quick to do, but it's definitely helping me keep focused on my stash instead of crafty shopping (which is completely out of budget atm).

So, I just wanted to mention that you don't have to just track things like appointments you don't want to miss -- it can also be a look into your current lifestyle, preferences, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2018, 05:04 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Crafting, now why didn't I think of that. I had a couple of crafting items on my shopping list for the week but it never occurred to me to take it further....hmm... the wheels are a turning now. Thanks CreativeCardsea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2018, 05:23 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I have lots of journals..maybe too many. I use a weekly calendar type for appointments, tracking weather, important dates to remember (birth, sp. events, anniv) This one also has a large section for goals to jot down monthly. I use it for crafting goals, house and yard maintenance goals. I like to check or cross items off, I feel like I am moving forward so this is good for me. Works great for me/our household. I decorate it some, using mostly stickers I want to use up or washi tape.
I also have small journal that I keep to jot down crafting, cardmaking, journaling, painting tips that I see on YouTube. I also keep products I would purchase there; check them off in red pen when purchased (avoids duplications) I jot down info. about new methods or new releases I see that I could use (don't always purchase them), kind of a wish list. I take this journal with me when going to a scrapping/stamping event. I just flip through, keep the notes on-going and hi-light the title to quickly reference if it is a tip or a product I might be interested in. I reference it when purchasing journaling products on line. I put notes in there about teaching as I teach an art journaling class at local community center each fall. I also do art journal books, sketching books, gardening journals. I have a stack to work from.

Eloise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2018, 04:55 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

You are right you do have a lot of them, you might need a journal to keep up with all your journals. ;)

I'm into my second week of using my bullet journal and am already falling off the wagon so to speak. I just don't have that much to say in it at this stage of my life. It's not that I sit around doing nothing all day but most of the time it is just stuff and not worth noting and making comments about.

I'm going to keep at it though which is why I love knowing what kinds of things others are keeping track of in theirs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the bullet journals and wanted to try, so I began with a work journal. I used an Excel spreadsheet to do a monthly: just lines across the page with numbers through 31 down the left column. I title with the months and printed through December. I add events from my calendars and it really helps me to see what's coming up. I don't do a lot of art - I'm at work, after all; but simple things like using a pink or red pen to outline birthdays and other fun stuf. I also draw box borders around important projects, and other small doodles. It really does help my outlook on scheduling. All my important dates are on my phone calendar. I set alarms and reminders for EVERYthing, but the bullet journal is so much easier to look at.

I also created a daily page with some repetitive tasks I want to be sure I remember each day, and I list projects here, with notes and status updates. For this, I used a Word document with three columns: Project, a thin column to check things off, and a notes column. It's been well worth my effort.

I bought some very inexpensive dot-grid, spiral bound journals with clear covers to make 2019 journals for myself and my daughter.
Reply With Quote Likes