Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SU stampin rewards not working...what should I do?

I selected an online SU demonstrator from the SU's main page and have been ordering from her for the past few months. I finally have enough stampin rewards to cash in but when I try to place an order it will not recognize that I have a credit coming my way. I emailed the demonstrator and she confirmed I should have them, she said she would get back to me. That was about a month ago and when I call her she does not answer her phone or respond to my emails.

I understand life gets crazy so I'm sure there's a reason...I'm just trying to figure out what I should do next. Should I call SU directly? Should my stampin rewards appear in the check out page? SAB is almost over and I wanted to order a few things...thanks in advance!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

If she isn't returning your calls or emails, I would call Stampin' Up directly. You don't want to miss out on things you have coming to you---I am not sure how the Stampin' Rewards works or I would help you out more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I'm not sure what you mean by "cashing in your stampin' rewards"? The only Stampin Rewards from Stampin' Up are hostess benefits. They are called Stampin Rewards instead of Hostess benefits simply because one individual does not constitute as a "hostess" yet they recognize that a certain dollar value spent is equal to the reward level.

Here's a couple of quotes from the Stampin' Up website that should answer some of your questions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' Up! Online Ordering Q&A
Q: Do customers get hostess benefits when ordering online?
A: Yes, but only when ordering through a demonstrators website. For Online Ordering, Hostess Benefits are called Stampin' Rewards, since the customer doesn't actually host anything.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' Up! Online Ordering Q&A
Q: Is there any difference (in price, minimum shipping, etc.) between placing an order online or through a demonstrator?
A: Yes, there are three scenarios for placing online orders
� If a customer orders through a demonstrator's business website, she enjoys the normal catalog and minimum shipping prices, and can earn Stampin' Rewards (Hostess Benefits).
� If she places an order through Stampinup.com and chooses you as her demonstrator, she will pay the same catalog prices; however, she will have to pay a more expensive minimum shipping fee and will not be eligible for Stampin' Rewards.
� Finally, if a customer places an order on Stampinup.com and chooses to have no contact with a demonstrator, she will pay a premium on the catalog merchandise price (about 10 percent higher), will pay higher minimum shipping fees, and will not receive Stampin' Rewards.
Soooooooo, there could be a few different things happening here. Either you are not ordering through the "Shop Now" link on the demonstrator's website making you ineligible to receive Stampin Rewards or you are not ordering the amount required before receiving these benefits.

Hopefully, this helps answer your questions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by prchvsView Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "cashing in your stampin' rewards"? The only Stampin Rewards from Stampin' Up are hostess benefits. They are called Stampin Rewards instead of Hostess benefits simply because one individual does not constitute as a "hostess" yet they recognize that a certain dollar value spent is equal to the reward level.

Here's a couple of quotes from the Stampin' Up website that should answer some of your questions?

Soooooooo, there could be a few different things happening here. Either you are not ordering through the "Shop Now" link on the demonstrator's website making you ineligible to receive Stampin Rewards or you are not ordering the amount required before receiving these benefits.

Hopefully, this helps answer your questions!
Thanks, I placed my order thru her Demo site and she was able to confirm that I had spent enough to collect stampin rewards. She mentioned she would contact stampin up and get back to me but I have heard from her in a month. I guess I'll contact su to see if they are able to assist.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #5  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirokeyView Post
Thanks, I placed my order thru her Demo site and she was able to confirm that I had spent enough to collect stampin rewards. She mentioned she would contact stampin up and get back to me but I have heard from her in a month. I guess I'll contact su to see if they are able to assist.
Had you placed your order already? If so, you should have been prompted during the placing of that order to choose your stampin' rewards. It is not something that occurs after the fact. If not, try placing a new order (making sure the merchandise amount is at the right level -- before shipping and taxes) and watch carefully for it to show up (I've heard it can be somewhat obscure).

Otherwise, I would contact Stampin' Up directly with your order information about this seeing as how she hasn't gotten back to you in over a month. That's a loooooooong time to wait. There are only 90 days to deal with most problems!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

You should receive stampin' rewards on any single order of $150 before tax and shipping. I'm not sure if I'm reading it wrong, but it sounds like you're talking about several orders over several months? Is that right? If so, the amounts don't accumulate to get to the rewards level.

If this isn't the case and you did place a single order of over $150, I would definitely call SU and have them check into it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

If I go to the SU website and log in, the stampin rewarsd don't show up. I have to go to my demo's website and hit the shop button from there for the stampin rewards to be permitted. When you reach the $150 level, you should get a pop up screen to tell you you have qualified for the rewards and you click a link in the bottom left box of your shopping cart. I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Don't know where you live, but it sounds like you need a new demo! Good luck! Let us know how it turns out, Ok?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #9  

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Stampin rewards definitely do not accumulate from order to order, but that's no excuse for her not answering your calls or e-mails.

I'm sorry you are going through this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Here's how my rewards worked. When I ordered online just as soon as I hit 150.00 a box popped up and told me about my rewards...how much I had. I knew I was gonna buy more so I didn't start cashing in my rewards. Once I bought as much as I wanted I started shopping with my rewards money. That means I got forty dollars worth of stuff free on the order. It's always included in my orders.

My stampin up demo lets me pick any stamp I want for free after I have earned ten tokens. I get one token for every fifty dollars I spend. My demo keeps track of the tokens. She mails me tokens after every order. She emailed me and asked me what I wanted for free with my last order. I received my free set of stamps two days after I received my order. She also emailed me and told me I have already earned five more tokens.

Did you get free stuff when you ordered your stuff from your demo? My last order was a little over four hundred dollars. I got forty dollars free product with that plus so many SAB items that I don't need. I've got doubles and triples on the SAB items.

Your demo doesn't sound like she's on the ball.

I'd do like everyone suggested...call the company directly. I love the free stuff.

Good luck.

Gail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Sounds like I need a demo like yours. To get even more free stuff on top of the stuff that Stampin Up is giving. I would have recieved 2 free sets last month. That is how big my parties were.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 02:45 AM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by new_GA_stamperView Post
Here's how my rewards worked. When I ordered online just as soon as I hit 150.00 a box popped up and told me about my rewards...how much I had. I knew I was gonna buy more so I didn't start cashing in my rewards. Once I bought as much as I wanted I started shopping with my rewards money. That means I got forty dollars worth of stuff free on the order. It's always included in my orders.

My stampin up demo lets me pick any stamp I want for free after I have earned ten tokens. I get one token for every fifty dollars I spend. My demo keeps track of the tokens. She mails me tokens after every order. She emailed me and asked me what I wanted for free with my last order. I received my free set of stamps two days after I received my order. She also emailed me and told me I have already earned five more tokens.

Did you get free stuff when you ordered your stuff from your demo? My last order was a little over four hundred dollars. I got forty dollars free product with that plus so many SAB items that I don't need. I've got doubles and triples on the SAB items.

I'd do like everyone suggested...call the company directly. I love the free stuff.

Good luck.

Gail
Your demo sounds like a keeper, I love her idea and may have to remember that one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by new_GA_stamperView Post

Good luck.

Gail
So, where does your demo live and how do we contact her? She sounds like a real gem! (I actually have a great demo, too, so no complaints here!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 09:49 AM   #14  

please delete - duplicated for some reason!

Last edited by willsygirl; 03-23-2009 at 09:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #15  

A couple of my customers had this happen to them too and on contacting Demo Support I found out why - instead of going directly through my Demonstrator Business Website (DBWS) to place their order, they had gone to stampinup.com and selected me as their demonstrator - by going this route, they did not qualify for the stampin rewards, although their orders were $150+.

This was news to me LOL so I notified all my customers to be sure to go directly through my demonstrator website link and not to go to stampinup.com and select me as their demo - as quoted on the website:

"If a customer orders through your DBWS, she enjoys the normal catalog prices, and can earn Stampin' Rewards (Hostess Benefits). If she places an order through Stampinup.com and chooses you as her demonstrator, she will pay the same catalog prices; however, she will not be eligible for Stampin' Rewards."

So definitely be sure to go through your demo's demonstrator website to get the benefits that your order is entitled to :-) On contacting SU I did get hostess benefits sent to my customers afterwards, thank goodness...

And only one more week of SAB left and the above poster was correct - you get tons of freebies right now with SAB goodies and hostess benefits :-D
Reply With Quote Likes