Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-04-2015, 06:16 PM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that clubs are going to be hard hit unless the folks are already very set on having a club just to stamp together. It would be hard to convince a new group to form to only get $15 in free stuff and doesn't give as much incentive for the individual customer to try to spend $150 on their own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 06:57 PM   #82  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is this new 10% hostess offer going to work for on-line sales?
In the past if a person spent $150 on line they got $25 in hostess credits .
With this new system of a 10% Hostess credit for any party sales amount , If a person spends $60 on line do they get $6 off ?

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 05-04-2015 at 07:04 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 07:36 PM   #83  
Stampin' Fool

Barbara, see post#68. It appears you still have to hit $150 before the hostess $$ kick in. Also, I seen to remember reading you didn't have to pick from the Hostess sets, you could pick from product in the the catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 07:42 PM   #84  
Gallery Gazer

Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts

Right there with ya!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 07:47 PM   #85  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
Barbara, see post#68. It appears you still have to hit $150 before the hostess $$ kick in. Also, I seen to remember reading you didn't have to pick from the Hostess sets, you could pick from product in the the catalog.
So you still need a minimum of $150 in sales at a party or on-line to get anything and now you only get 10% of the sales amount .

Raise the prices; cut the sales incentives and hope for the best doesn't seem to me to be a good marketing strategy . sigh

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 05-04-2015 at 07:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 02:44 AM   #86  
Insane Embellisher

I placed my very last Stampin Up order last month. With shipping and sales tax and tax on the shipping, it raised the amount of my order by 31 percent. The $25 in hostess certainly made me feel less ripped off. I will definitely miss Stampin Up. I love their products, but I have a limited income and my craft purchases are only the result of saving up and cutting things out like part of my food budget. With the reduction in hostess benefits and price increases, I no longer feel like a valued customer. My demo offered to send me a free copy of the new catalog - I declined. All I can say is "Goodbye old friend".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 06:51 AM   #87  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 855 Likes on 281 Posts

While I agree that reduced hostess rewards are less than exciting, the fact that prices have gone up on some things shouldn't be taken so hard. SU hasn't increased prices on paper and ink since 2009ish. Most of the prices in the catalog have only gone up a nickel, some things have gone up a little bit more. When suppliers raise prices then it it's pretty much a given that the seller of products will eventually have to raise their prices as well.
I pay more for everything I buy these days because all of the stores I shop at have been increasing their prices. I may have to buy less, but I'd rather pay a tad more for creative supplies than for my food. Basic sustenance ought not be so expensive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 06:55 AM   #88  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkippetView Post
I placed my very last Stampin Up order last month. With shipping and sales tax and tax on the shipping, it raised the amount of my order by 31 percent. The $25 in hostess certainly made me feel less ripped off. I will definitely miss Stampin Up. I love their products, but I have a limited income and my craft purchases are only the result of saving up and cutting things out like part of my food budget. With the reduction in hostess benefits and price increases, I no longer feel like a valued customer. My demo offered to send me a free copy of the new catalog - I declined. All I can say is "Goodbye old friend".
The tax on the shipping is not under control of SU, it's state by state so you should get taxed for shipping on everything, not just SU. It's a bummer as I live in a state with the same tax rules. But, I just wanted to point that out, that SU has nothing to say about how you're taxed. Now, online only companies are an exception I think. Can anyone confirm that?

SU has to make hard choices to stay profitable occasionally (not saying they are in trouble but maybe they would be in the future if they had not changed some things). Personally, I'd rather they make those changes now instead of maybe not being around later.

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 07:01 AM   #89  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
The tax on the shipping is not under control of SU, it's state by state so you should get taxed for shipping on everything, not just SU. It's a bummer as I live in a state with the same tax rules. But, I just wanted to point that out, that SU has nothing to say about how you're taxed. Now, online only companies are an exception I think. Can anyone confirm that?

SU has to make hard choices to stay profitable occasionally (not saying they are in trouble but maybe they would be in the future if they had not changed some things). Personally, I'd rather they make those changes now instead of maybe not being around later.
Don't quote me on this, because I haven't looked it up and it will vary from state to state: generally, most states expect companies with some physical presence in the state to collect sales tax. So, like, one of my makeup subscription companies has warehouses in three states, so they collect sales tax only from subscribers in those three states.

However: many states then have a provision that if you purchase something online and you do not pay sales tax, then you as the buyer must remit the sales tax to the state. Where I live, it's a line on your income tax form.

I don't know what the states without individual income tax do (if they expect you to remit it separately or anything).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 07:04 AM   #90  

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Don't quote me on this, because I haven't looked it up and it will vary from state to state: generally, most states expect companies with some physical presence in the state to collect sales tax. So, like, one of my makeup subscription companies has warehouses in three states, so they collect sales tax only from subscribers in those three states.

However: many states then have a provision that if you purchase something online and you do not pay sales tax, then you as the buyer must remit the sales tax to the state. Where I live, it's a line on your income tax form.

I don't know what the states without individual income tax do (if they expect you to remit it separately or anything).
Thanks. I know I've read somewhere that companies that are only online (no demos, no catalog, none of that kind of thing) are the exception. I assume if they are based in your state you probably still have taxes then. I think it's silly to tax shipping but most states are�.silly� ;-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 09:09 AM   #91  
Glitter Queen

beaddict, I get what you are saying. But I don't agree. Raising prices, reducing incentives, but still push push pushing their demos to sell sell sell seems very greedy to me at a time where prices for life essentials are rising as well.

1) They have to see that their customer is there by choice not necessity
2) There are loads of quality competition for our craft dollar
3) If the consumer has to choose between rising prices of milk/bread/eggs/gas (and hey thanks for only a 2% salary increase to compensate for 30% inflation ha!) or a set of more expensive new stamp pads....

Everywhere we turn the consumer is losing. There are many ways we don't have choices but in this one we do.

Maybe MommyDoesn'tActuallyNeedToStamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 10:07 AM   #92  
Rubber Obsessor

I wasn't a fan at first either, but then I saw them next to the the 14-16 colors, and the two pallettes work very nicely together so I'm definitely adding them to my collection. I did absolutely LOVE the in colors that just retired -- coastal cabana, strawberry slush, baked brown sugar, pistacchio pudding and crisp cantelope! so glad I stocked up on them before they were gone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 10:39 AM   #93  
Mad Swapper

Hmm, I realize that all the hostess benefits seem to be reduced, but what other stamp companies out there even give rewards?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #94  
Mad Swapper

I will have to see the catalog before I decide where my craft money is going. I didn't like the stamps in last year's catty and I have been seriously been looking at other companies. I will probably have to buy new hybrid inks, but whats the difference at this point. I still want something like Chameleon pens and SU doesn't have them. I'm a little disappointed right now.

"Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think." Buddha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 10:46 AM   #95  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

EVERYTHING seems to go up, up up in prices, I'm convinced that's why people get grumpier as they get older! And the quality goes down as well. At least SU's won't and I can live with the price increases this time and our state has no sales tax.
I was expecting the inkpads and reinkers to go up, they've been the same prices since I started stamping in early 2009.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 11:00 AM   #96  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChingView Post
Hmm, I realize that all the hostess benefits seem to be reduced, but what other stamp companies out there even give rewards?
Close to My Heart (hostess)
Amuse (hostess)
I assume FSJ (hostess or hostess like-- I only glanced at the catalog once)
My Favorite Things (free with $60)
Papertrey Ink (rewards points)
I thought Neat & Tangled had something like MFT.

And that's not even counting the companies that give you other types of rewards, like free shipping at a certain amount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 11:25 AM   #97  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Quote:

Amuse (hostess)

And that's not even counting the companies that give you other types of rewards, like free shipping at a certain amount.
Fun Stampers Journey does offer hostess rewards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 11:25 AM   #98  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I for one LOVE the New Catalog!! The New In Color's are the Bomb!!

Personally who care's if there are two different color's of green. It's not like we haven't had two of same color's in the past.

Last night I placed my pre-order as a demo. And should be getting my stuff sometime this week.

I didn't order any of the New stamp set.....Only because we could only order certain sets. and I was really crazy over those. Not my taste.:(

But I will use some of the current stamps that I have to create something wonderful with the new In Color's. Which I will share on my Fb page.

The first time I looked through the New Catalog. I have to agree. I wasn't thrilled with it.
But then I started looking at it. In a different light sorta speak. Thinking what can I create with these items and colors.

Well this is How I Fell IN LOVE with the New Catalog!!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 11:33 AM   #99  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Of course not everyone run's their Stampin up! business the same.

But I know of a few Demo's. Who give a little something extra to their Hostess. A nice way of saying Thank you! to their customers.

Just because you're not getting more from SU per say. Doesn't mean that you shouldn't jump ship.:(

As far as things going up in price. Really SU hasn't done much of this.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 11:36 AM   #100  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Papertrey Ink. Plus if you are not in Ohio, you get your order tax free and free shipping over $70, plus their dies and stamps sets are less expensive on the whole for the quantity per set...Their customer service can be dicey though.

Last edited by Melissa Hannant; 05-05-2015 at 11:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #101  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Amuse (hostess)

Stampin' Up! run a large number of promotions over the year. There are various sales and free shipping promotions. There was a free shipping one in the US just the other month.

For three months of the year they run sale-a-bration where you get to choose from a fairly wide range of items for every 'x' amount you spend (not sure what the US amount is, its �45 in the UK)

They have a retiring month where the majority of retiring items are significantly reduced and an ongoing clearance rack plus the weekly deals- 52 weeks of deals isn't a small thing! There are also frequent monthly promotions that vary from punch and stamp bundles to buy one get one free DSP. There have been loads more than I can't remember off the top of my head.

They also have two seasonal catalogues a year which when placed alongside the annual catalogue, means that they are providing a really wide range of products.

Stampin' Up! aren't stupid, they know that crafting is a hobby and a luxury, not an essential and that in times of economic downturn or stress its often the first thing to go on the back burner but they also have to be realistic about business costs and the impact that any business decisions will have on the thousands and thousands of demos worldwide. They have a much bigger demographic dependant on them to run a healthy business than many online companies which could easily be run by teams as small as 2 or 3 people.

Yes there are many online companies that sell other manufacturers crafting goods cheaper but at the same time, you could get the same items at twenty different stores. The market is saturated with those products so they have to buy big and buy cheap because by being the cheapest is generally the only way you will win over the customers. Everybody loves a bargain!

Stamping up have chosen to focus on colours and coordinating products across ranges (card, ink, ribbon, punches, stamps etc) and creating products that are unique. That uniqueness (is that even a word?!) comes with different costs ad challenges-including not appealing to everybody's tastes but for a colour-matching-challenged person like me its great!

Also, I don't know what the craft stores are like elsewhere but in the UK a shop will let you buy whatever you want as long as you spend money with them. Even if you don't realise you may be buying the wrong thing or that there may be something more suitable out there for you. in many stores they are simply there to put your items through the til. At least with su they have people who you can contact for follow up product support, advice, hints and tips. Every single time you need it. Would that happen in a big chain store?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 12:05 PM   #102  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
And it's also been mentioned several times in the thread that some of us would appreciate the link anyway.
We are not allowed to share the link before the catalog goes live. We risk losing our demoship by doing so. So my lips are sealed. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #103  

Received 807 Likes on 329 Posts

Mandy is right. I will not be sharing a link to the catalog, but I can share pictures taken at the Aussie convention. There are lots of new stamp sets that I am in LOVE with. Two hostess sets that will be on my next order. I like in the new In colors too. I can not wait to get my hands on some of the new coordinating stamps and dies!!!!

https://www.pinterest.com/aikenmagno...-2016-catalog/

I do buy some products from other companies but mostly from SU. I like the quality and the customer service. I wholeheartedly agree with Mugglewump. Thanks for putting it so nicely!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #104  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugglewumpView Post
Stampin' Up! run a large number of promotions over the year. There are various sales and free shipping promotions. There was a free shipping one in the US just the other month.

For three months of the year they run sale-a-bration where you get to choose from a fairly wide range of items for every 'x' amount you spend (not sure what the US amount is, its �45 in the UK)

They have a retiring month where the majority of retiring items are significantly reduced and an ongoing clearance rack plus the weekly deals- 52 weeks of deals isn't a small thing! There are also frequent monthly promotions that vary from punch and stamp bundles to buy one get one free DSP. There have been loads more than I can't remember off the top of my head.

They also have two seasonal catalogues a year which when placed alongside the annual catalogue, means that they are providing a really wide range of products.

Stampin' Up! aren't stupid, they know that crafting is a hobby and a luxury, not an essential and that in times of economic downturn or stress its often the first thing to go on the back burner but they also have to be realistic about business costs and the impact that any business decisions will have on the thousands and thousands of demos worldwide. They have a much bigger demographic dependant on them to run a healthy business than many online companies which could easily be run by teams as small as 2 or 3 people.

Yes there are many online companies that sell other manufacturers crafting goods cheaper but at the same time, you could get the same items at twenty different stores. The market is saturated with those products so they have to buy big and buy cheap because by being the cheapest is generally the only way you will win over the customers. Everybody loves a bargain!

Stamping up have chosen to focus on colours and coordinating products across ranges (card, ink, ribbon, punches, stamps etc) and creating products that are unique. That uniqueness (is that even a word?!) comes with different costs ad challenges-including not appealing to everybody's tastes but for a colour-matching-challenged person like me its great!

Also, I don't know what the craft stores are like elsewhere but in the UK a shop will let you buy whatever you want as long as you spend money with them. Even if you don't realise you may be buying the wrong thing or that there may be something more suitable out there for you. in many stores they are simply there to put your items through the til. At least with su they have people who you can contact for follow up product support, advice, hints and tips. Every single time you need it. Would that happen in a big chain store?
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
I am saving your post to refer to when responding to my one Debbie Downer customer. The rest of my customers are such positive supporters
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 01:02 PM   #105  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 51 Likes on 21 Posts

I NEED that leaf and die set!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #106  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melissa HannantView Post
Papertrey Ink. Plus if you are not in Ohio, you get your order tax free and free shipping over $70, plus their dies and stamps sets are less expensive on the whole for the quantity per set...Their customer service can be dicey though.
I've been holding off on Paper trey. Didn't realize about the tax free since I'm in CA. I just wanted one die, and I'm not liking their no budge policy on the flat shipping fee. I guess because I don't see them as a large global / national entity like SU, that has more warehouse systems in place, who I can understand can't budge on their flat rate shipping fee. $7.95 shipping is a lot imo esp when all their stamps and dies are flat. Nothing bulky.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #107  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Amuse (hostess)

Thanks for the list Emily! I've never been a CTMH fan and I knew about the MFT, but their benefits were not as rich as SU's in my opinion. A few times, I earned the extra exclusive stamp. But it's not like SU where I get a hostess set and dollars to spend towards anything in the catalog. Or maybe, I just need to spend more at MFT? Love MFT though. Coming back after a few years, I can see their offerings have exploded!! wow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 03:02 PM   #108  

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummergirlredView Post
I NEED that leaf and die set!
Me too!!! And the Watercolor Wings set. There are three large butterflies, three small one tiny, some pieces n' parts and greetings.....AND coordinating framelits!!! Oh be still my heart. And then there is a set of a collage style that includes a dragonfly and plants.

Garden themed dsp, and coordinating stamp sets.
A brick wall embossing folder that is 6x6.
A stamp set with cupcakes, icecream greetings and a tree that interchange... With a new punch!
Perpetual calendar kit
Lace ribbon
New wilderness stamp set
And more!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 03:50 PM   #109  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

I like the new in colors, but I will have to say that they look almost exactly like most of the new monthly Distress Ink pads. Luckily I have the Distress so I'm okay. Now I'm waiting to be wowed by the catalog. I am curious though about the pricing of some things. I mostly like photopolymer stamps & there doesn't seem to be any consistency in the pricing. 10 stamps for $24, 13 stamps for $19.95, 5 stamps for $17. So the amount of stamps doesn't make a difference, and the style of stamps doesn't seem to matter either. Doubt anyone knows, but I just wondered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 04:08 PM   #110  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post

I know that my state (AZ) does NOT require tax on the shipping. Yet Stampin' Up! STILL charges it. Or rather, ALL the SU! demos I've ever ordered from have collected it. But the Creative Memories and Pampered Chef did NOT charge tax on the shipping. So I've never understood why SU! still charges it in my state, when no other direct-marketing company that I've bought from has.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 04:28 PM   #111  

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
I know that my state (AZ) does NOT require tax on the shipping. Yet Stampin' Up! STILL charges it. Or rather, ALL the SU! demos I've ever ordered from have collected it. But the Creative Memories and Pampered Chef did NOT charge tax on the shipping. So I've never understood why SU! still charges it in my state, when no other direct-marketing company that I've bought from has.
My guess is your demos did the math wrong :( I'm pretty sure it's based upon your state but I think a lot of people don't know how to do it (not just SU�.) They may have not known and just been adding things up. I am TERRIBLE at math so I like to input the orders and let my few customers know what they owe since I'm always afraid of making a mistake!!!! I don't think it's SU that's requiring it. I've never seen anything about that. It's always been "refer to your state" for tax things and I think the system does it automatically when we input as you have to find the tax rate for the shipping address.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 04:36 PM   #112  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minders
My guess is your demos did the math wrong : I'm pretty sure it's based upon your state but I think a lot of people don't know how to do it (not just SU�.) They may have not known and just been adding things up. I am TERRIBLE at math so I like to input the orders and let my few customers know what they owe since I'm always afraid of making a mistake!!!! I don't think it's SU that's requiring it. I've never seen anything about that. It's always been "refer to your state" for tax things and I think the system does it automatically when we input as you have to find the tax rate for the shipping address.
This is every single SU! demo for the last two decades in AZ. Numerous demos. Maybe the AZ tax rules are worse (tax on the shipping) in AZ ONLY for SU!, and better for Creative Memories or Pampered Chef (no tax on the shipping). I'm guessing the SU! demos inputted their orders too. So maybe the whole system just for AZ is just set up incorrectly.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 04:46 PM   #113  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I can do without In-Colors. Prices do have to go up though. You have to remember that SU's prices have to be higher to allow the demos to make a profit, although we know that many demos are hobbyists. I still like the personal service and being able to see products in person before I buy. As some folks have said catalog photos just aren't good enough to judge the colors.

As someone who has been stamping for 15 yrs. I see a lot of new sets that I wouldn't buy because I already have something similar. Not saying I never buy any!

I wish SU would do free shipping with a &75.00 order or whatever. Really, companies like SU that are huge shippers are not paying what you or I might pay to have something sent. They get a discount based on volume.

I wonder how long card-making will survive. My 30ish DD says no one her age sends cards except wedding invites or something. I'm sure some do. The people I see at stamping events are mostly middle aged or older. Having said all that I still buy the majority of stuff from SU!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 05:02 PM   #114  
Compulsive Stamper

Stampin Pretty has really nice sneak peeks (SU approved) on her Facebook page, Here is one link
http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/med...05.2015_US.pdf if my link doesn't work just go directly to her facebook page. I loved seeing these samples and product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 05:03 PM   #115  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com shows some stamps and colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 05:03 PM   #116  
Compulsive Stamper

Here's another http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/med...05.2015_US.pdf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #117  
Compulsive Stamper

and the other. peek. http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/med...05.2015_US.pdf I like a lot of things I see. Love the nice sample cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 05:18 PM   #118  

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanastamper2View Post
and the other. peek. http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/med...05.2015_US.pdf I like a lot of things I see. Love the nice sample cards.
Ohmygosh, that lace ribbon in the last picture looks positively scrumptious!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 05:39 PM   #119  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 590 Likes on 242 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyNeedsToStampView Post
beaddict, I get what you are saying. But I don't agree. Raising prices, reducing incentives, but still push push pushing their demos to sell sell sell seems very greedy to me at a time where prices for life essentials are rising as well.

1) They have to see that their customer is there by choice not necessity
2) There are loads of quality competition for our craft dollar
3) If the consumer has to choose between rising prices of milk/bread/eggs/gas (and hey thanks for only a 2% salary increase to compensate for 30% inflation ha!) or a set of more expensive new stamp pads....

Everywhere we turn the consumer is losing. There are many ways we don't have choices but in this one we do.

Maybe MommyDoesn'tActuallyNeedToStamp
I strongly disagree with point two. There are practically no retail stamp or scrapbook stores around anymore, the big box chains have limited selections.
If you are talking on-line stores, there are lots out there but the selections vary, you don't have a demo to offer classes or help, and shipping is often way higher than SU!

We all have to make decisions about where to spend our money and we all have to look for deals. But prices alone don't make the decisions for us, we need to
consider service, selection, quality and convenience.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 06:05 PM   #120  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Why is Australia getting first dibs at this? Is the SU annual convention still in July? (Sorry, I was a demo back in 2000-2005, so I'm sure lots has changed)
Ausies live in the future. ;)

"Yet dawn is ever the hope of men." Aragorn in The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien
Reply With Quote Likes