Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-13-2018, 04:04 PM   #41  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbyView Post
I�m pretty sure I�m going to love the new Merry Merlot.

I�m SO EXCITED they are bringing back Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow!!
I won�t even miss Always Artichoke.

HAPPY there are two new purples as well!

I plan on keeping my Island Indigo until I use up the paper, and probably my Pink Pirouette as well. I much preferred this pale pink over Blushing Bride. However; I don�t actually use a lot of pale pink in my crafting so overall not a big deal.

I think that Mango color adds nice variety to the yellows. They could have dumped So Saffron and I would not have been sad.

Long overdue retirement of Perfect Plum and Rose Red.

I like the new design of the ink pads but I�m not in love with the basic black and white for their �new branding� on all products. It makes me think �generic�. Back in the day if you didn�t want to spend the money on name brand items at the grocery store, the generic or store brand would have a plain black and white label.

Can�t wait to get the new catalog!!!
I completely agree with you on the perfect Plum and rose red. Those colours are very tired and I am tired of them! I won�t miss artichoke either. Very happy about lots of the new offerings. I am excited to see the soft sea foam.

In the colours online, the one purple remind someone me of orchid opulence which I never did like. I will need to see some comparisons and can�t wait for those to get on someone�s blog.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2018, 01:00 AM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I won't miss any of the colors except Ch. Chip. Espresso is too dark for me. I stocked up with 4 pkgs. of Ch. Chip so I really won't ever have to miss it. That will last me 4-ever!

I like lots of the new colors but probably won't buy many. I need to use what I have! That and the colors I have match the dsp I have.

I'm so happy Blackberry Bliss and C. Cabana are back! I stocked up on those and have 5 full pigs. Of each still.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2018, 05:14 AM   #43  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,923 Likes on 2,190 Posts

I'm pretty happy about the returning colors. I had some of those ink pads, refills, and card stock. The only colors I will really really miss are island indigo and pink pirouette. I may get the new colors all at once, although it depends what I think when I see them. Sometimes I love the card stock but can live without the ink. Example, I never did buy the pink pirouette ink. Just loved the card stock and its rare I use the light inks for stamping.

And I didn't like chocolate chip and love Early espresso so I'm opposite of you, allistamps! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2018, 07:22 AM   #44  
Insane Embellisher

Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts

I don't understand why they are getting rid of Chocolate Chip........as much as I like Espresso, the chocolate is my go to brown. I will miss the pink but don't use it a lot. The color I do use a lot is Soft Sky, but like others have said, I don't care for the ink color, just the paper. Pretty much only use the ink when I need.........well, sky.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbyView Post
I�m pretty sure I�m going to love the new Merry Merlot.

I�m SO EXCITED they are bringing back Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow!!
I won�t even miss Always Artichoke.

HAPPY there are two new purples as well!

I plan on keeping my Island Indigo until I use up the paper, and probably my Pink Pirouette as well. I much preferred this pale pink over Blushing Bride. However; I don�t actually use a lot of pale pink in my crafting so overall not a big deal.

I think that Mango color adds nice variety to the yellows. They could have dumped So Saffron and I would not have been sad.

Long overdue retirement of Perfect Plum and Rose Red.

I like the new design of the ink pads but I�m not in love with the basic black and white for their �new branding� on all products. It makes me think �generic�. Back in the day if you didn�t want to spend the money on name brand items at the grocery store, the generic or store brand would have a plain black and white label.

Can�t wait to get the new catalog!!!
I am also excited to see Blackberry Bliss coming back because I missed buying it the first time around and then regretted it. Of course, now the ink pads are more expensive but that's what I get~! Also super excited for Poppy Parade because I have the ink pad but need the refill now. Ditto on So Saffron, I never use that color and would never miss it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2018, 08:39 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Honestly, I'm surprised that Perfect Plum made it through the last color revamp several years ago. I don't know anyone who even uses that color. I'm also happy to see Artichoke and Wisteria Wonder go.

Rose Red was once one of my favorite colors, until Raspberry Ripple came along. Then it looked rather drab. I'm disappointed that they aren't returning Raspberry Ripple, it's been one of my favorites.

I will miss Eggplant Envy, but they are bring in more purples so that should be good. But I'm going to really miss Tempting Turquoise. That was one of the first colors I bought when I started collecting SU.

As for the new colors, I need to see them in person before I decide. I don't trust how colors look on my computer. I hope that the new light blue is a true blue, and not a blue with a slight green hue to it.

The new in colors look interesting, I'm excited to see them in person.

ETA: I'm very happy that Coastal Cabana is returning.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13

Last edited by jkstieber; 04-14-2018 at 08:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2018, 03:55 AM   #47  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I'm pretty happy about the returning colors. I had some of those ink pads, refills, and card stock. The only colors I will really really miss are island indigo and pink pirouette. I may get the new colors all at once, although it depends what I think when I see them. Sometimes I love the card stock but can live without the ink. Example, I never did buy the pink pirouette ink. Just loved the card stock and its rare I use the light inks for stamping.

And I didn't like chocolate chip and love Early espresso so I'm opposite of you, allistamps! LOL

Yep! Most people love Espresso over Ch. Chip!!! You are right about not really needing the light inks. Soft Sky is that way too. I just recently fell in love with Soft Sky. I haven't used it for years.

I went to a SU class and she had a beautiful card with SS. Her foam ink pad was inked up well and it stamped so pretty. I actually ordered re-inker and a pkg. of Soft Sky CS!! I have the dsp with the foil designs and there are soft sky sheets. Now to use it! Haha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2018, 04:00 AM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstieberView Post
Honestly, I'm surprised that Perfect Plum made it through the last color revamp several years ago. I don't know anyone who even uses that color. I'm also happy to see Artichoke and Wisteria Wonder go.

Rose Red was once one of my favorite colors, until Raspberry Ripple came along. Then it looked rather drab. I'm disappointed that they aren't returning Raspberry Ripple, it's been one of my favorites.

I will miss Eggplant Envy, but they are bring in more purples so that should be good. But I'm going to really miss Tempting Turquoise. That was one of the first colors I bought when I started collecting SU.

As for the new colors, I need to see them in person before I decide. I don't trust how colors look on my computer. I hope that the new light blue is a true blue, and not a blue with a slight green hue to it.

I missed buying Raspberry Ripple and just love that color. Can't believe I didn't buy it. I too wish it would come back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2018, 04:24 AM   #49  
Proud Fan Club Member

I've been rethinking my "have the whole set" attitude. I know years ago, right after I bought yo yo yellow and green galore and several other colors they retired them. I had the majority of ink pads recently. Now I won't. I think I will buy combination packs so I can see which colors I actually like. I also think they should have the same amount of cs in those combo packs as they do the individual packs. 24, not 20.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2018, 06:41 AM   #50  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
I'm always hoping to hear that they are changing their cardstock to 100 or 110 lb. like the other major brands. I can't justify spending that much on thinner paper like theirs.

I have found that my stamping style means I end up using the colored card stock only as a layer to frame my stamped panel and I almost always use a heavy weight white for all my card bases. That being said, I like the lighter weight because it keeps my cards from being so heavy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2018, 07:25 AM   #51  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Perfect Plum was around when I first heard of Stampin Up twenty years ago but I seldom ever used it. I was into Rose Red for a while but not now for some reason.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #52  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstieberView Post

I really love Perfect Plum. I'm sad to see that go. I have a few ink colors from a few years back I didn't buy refills for, like Only Orange, Brilliant Blue and Close to Cocoa and Green Galore. I have got to remember to buy a refill at the same time I buy a pad!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2018, 10:25 PM   #53  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am thrilled Mossy Meadow, Poppy Parade & Blackberry Bliss are returning. Because of Blackberry Bliss & Mossy Meadow I won't miss Always Artichoke & Elegant Eggplant.

The new purples will fill in nicely for Perfect Plum & Wisteria Wonder.

Though they aren't the same, Granny Apple Green may sub well enough for Wild Wasabi.

I will miss the blues... Tempting Turquoise, Island Indigo & Marina Mist.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2018, 10:29 PM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm buying a single pack of about half the retiring CS... Artichoke, Indigo, Marina Mist, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise & Tempting Turquoise. I wasn't going to get that many but my friend also wanted some. Basically We will each pay for 3 of the colours then split the whole thing so we each get half the pack of all 6 colours.

I already have reinkers for all the pads so I told her not to bother to get any pads she didn't already have. My theory is by the time I run out of reinker I'll be ready to let the colour go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 07:24 AM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 292 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm pretty happy about most of the color changes. The one thing I'm NOT happy about is that there will no longer be any true pale pink. Petal Pink is more peachy than I would call pink (reminds me of Blush Blossom), so it's not making me happy. That said, I'm not really a "color bandwagon" girl and use multiple brands, anyway, so no biggie. I AM totally stoked that I'll be able to get an ink refill and some cardstock for Poppy Parade, and I'm glad that Mossy Meadow is back!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 02:33 PM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I'm pretty happy about most of the color changes. The one thing I'm NOT happy about is that there will no longer be any true pale pink. Petal Pink is more peachy than I would call pink (reminds me of Blush Blossom), so it's not making me happy. That said, I'm not really a "color bandwagon" girl and use multiple brands, anyway, so no biggie. I AM totally stoked that I'll be able to get an ink refill and some cardstock for Poppy Parade, and I'm glad that Mossy Meadow is back!
I'm also so happy to see Poppy Parade coming back because I was kicking myself for not buying the refill years back. It's the perfect combo of pink and orange and a yummy color. Also not really loving any of the pale pinks that are offered. I have a ton of pink colors but none are a true pale pink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

What would you say is the best pale pink that Stampin Up has had? None of the pinks that I have are what I'm looking for and are either too bright, or too peachy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 03:06 PM   #58  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 514 Likes on 230 Posts

I'm with you, Sue...Mossy meadow and Poppy parade for Christmas this year. Yea!

In my opinion, Pretty in Pink was the pinkest. Pink Pirouette is much the same but with more white, so it is paler. I like it the best, and am bummed that it is retiring.

Blushing Bride and Powder Pink are both grayed...and that gives them a minus 3 points in my book. Being lighter, the gray is less obvious, so they get some positive points too.

I agree that the new Petal pink is on the orange side, but it looks like it will work wonderfully with Calypso Coral.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 03:56 PM   #59  
Stampin' Fool

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
I'm with you, Sue...Mossy meadow and Poppy parade for Christmas this year. Yea!

In my opinion, Pretty in Pink was the pinkest. Pink Pirouette is much the same but with more white, so it is paler. I like it the best, and am bummed that it is retiring.

Blushing Bride and Powder Pink are both grayed...and that gives them a minus 3 points in my book. Being lighter, the gray is less obvious, so they get some positive points too.

I agree that the new Petal pink is on the orange side, but it looks like it will work wonderfully with Calypso Coral.

I agree, Pretty In Pink was the pinkest pink SU has offered. It has been my favorite Pink so far! I still have my ink pad and re-inker - and quite possibly some cardstock. I never cared for Pink Pirouette. Blushing Bride and Powder Pink are not my favorite either, but I use them on occasion.

I am happy some new yellows are being added. I've missed Summer Sun and Yo Yo Yellow. I have high hopes for Pineapple Punch!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 06:04 PM   #60  
Proud Fan Club Member

Pink pirouette is my favorite. I will definitely miss it. Not the ink, just the card stock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2018, 07:15 AM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 292 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SociologystreetView Post
I agree, Pretty In Pink was the pinkest pink SU has offered. It has been my favorite Pink so far! I still have my ink pad and re-inker - and quite possibly some cardstock. I never cared for Pink Pirouette. Blushing Bride and Powder Pink are not my favorite either, but I use them on occasion.

I am happy some new yellows are being added. I've missed Summer Sun and Yo Yo Yellow. I have high hopes for Pineapple Punch!

I concur. Decent yellows are tricky...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2018, 07:40 AM   #62  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Someone mentioned that they would like to see some comparisons. When you look at these, please realize lighting, cameras, and screens all affect the way you see them. These aren't perfect but you can get an idea:

Introducing the 2018 Color Revamp - Stamp Your Art Out!

http://www.stampinonline.com/2018/04...color-yet.html

This post just shows the new colors, but I'm seeing them on my screen pretty accurately:

http://www.stampinonline.com/2018/04...alk-color
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2018, 07:44 AM   #63  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Found another comparison:

http://www.stampingcountry.com/stamp...-ink-pads
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #64  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a little surprised there are no blues in the Regals assortment. But I like the revamp overall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2018, 10:06 AM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 373 Likes on 202 Posts

I like the re-vamp and it made me go thru and weed out lots of colors that I don't use. I think that once everyone realizes the prices are going up in the new catty, it may make a difference in whether they buy much of the new colors (cardstock & ink). I am definitely moving toward more of the spots and re-inkers than investing in the larger pads both from a money and space saving concept.
Reply With Quote Likes