Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU MDS

I absolutely HATE it.

Did anybody else get certified in it and then use it and it was a disaster? I could have scrapped a dozen pages by now rather than the 200 that I tried to in the last few hours. I'm very disappointed in the time and money I put into this.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

what does MDS stand for?
LOL at being 'certified'.... it seems that gizmo is making you a tad 'certifiable'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #3  

Quote:

Originally Posted by laura6View Post
what does MDS stand for?
LOL at being 'certified'.... it seems that gizmo is making you a tad 'certifiable'
ROFL, no kidding! It just means that I sat through hours of watching videos and practice stuff, taking notes, etc. Maybe a refresher course is in order. Then again, I haven't had a second of peace in about 2 weeks because of Christmas vacation and I'm so ready for the kids to go back to school tomorrow. MDS is My Digital Studio that Stampin' Up! released a few months ago.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

oh cool, digital scrapping (insert awed sounds here)... I am so afraid of the computer its not even funny... well, maybe it is funny. One day the computer was being wonky, and I said to it' If you don't freaking start working NOW i will toss you out the window and buy that darn Dell I was looking at' (ok I cleaned up my language for this post LOL).
I swear, the computer has worked well ever since I 'motivated' it....
If you feel silly threatining a piece of machinery, DON"T.... the software had it coming LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Cindy,
Can you be more specific on what problems you are having? Maybe someone can help address some specific issues you are having. I got MDS and never watched any of the webinars and did not get certified. But I was immediately able to make a photobook without much trouble at all. Last night I made the cutest baby card. I have found the program pretty easy to use, but I wasn't trying anything too complicated.

Tell us what you are having trouble with and we can see if someone can offer suggestions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I personally don't care for it and continue using the Creative Memories Storybook Creator that I absolutely LOVE. I was even able to import all my SU images from MDS into the CM program.

I wish there was a way to do custom sized things and not the preset sizes they have. Maybe this summer, there will be some updates and I'll play with it again.. but until then. I have an expensive cd sitting on my shelf! LOL

Kristi

Last edited by SoCalScrapper; 01-03-2010 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: Forgot my name! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

And I'm certified on it as a demo so please ask and lots of others might be able to help

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Amazingly enough, I really do like it. I thought I wouldn't, though. I did do the certification program, but I sure didn't ace all of the quizzes!!!:rolleyes:
I am NOT very high-tech at all, so this was a real stretch for me.

I made 3 calendars for Christmas presents and had them printed via SU's professional print services. I was so pleased with them, and so were the recipients!

It took me a long time, though lol. I am still not very quick and swift with computers. But I had lots of fun with it. Much more fun that I ever thought possible!

I'm sorry you are disappointed with it. I would like to say that I could help you, but I would probably only add to your confusion!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love the MDS program - but I have never used any other digital paper crafting programs before. I felt intimidated by the thought of it, but when I actually got to use it, I thought it was really easy and user-friendly.
I think you should give us some specific problems, or tell what made you frustrated - maybe it has happened to someone else...

I'm a Bella Babe!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love My Digital Studio and so do the customers that i sold it too! Please ask questions and let people help you. It is easy to use and very customizable to your needs- I hate seeing anyone frustrated. So let us know what the problem is and together we can figure it out!

Diane

Check my blog :http://www.ddstamps.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

I am not a computer whiz by any stretch of the imagination but I love using the MDS. I played around with it and now seen to have the hang of it and can make something very nice in the matter of a few minutes.

And Kristi what sizes of things did you want to do? I think this program is very customizable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Uhm, I was not sucked in. I have a Mac and I can do it all without buying anything. I love digital art but not digi pages. There is no warmth (is that what I mean?) to it. I have an awesome piece of art by a friend here--Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds--you know who you are! Absolutely fabulous! But photos are personal and need the personal 'touch', kwim?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

MDS is the only digital papercrafting tool that I've used, and I really like it. I've made tons of books and pages already. I like that I can put stamps and embellishments that I don't have in my craft room on my layouts. Saved me money. hee hee

Seriously though - I'm certified, too. So, if there are questions, ask away. I've logged lots of time with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #14  

I absolutely adore it - and my customers love it to - please ask if you have any questions - I'd love to know how we can help you love it too...

I have found it so much easier to use than a couple of other products I have used in the past...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Cindy, I think for me I had to watch the videos and training, play with MDS, and go back and watch the videos again and look at my notes! I didn't find it as intuitive as others did so it feels frustrating, but for me I had to get in there and really work with it (although sounds like maybe you did that!). It could be that you are more of a hands on person who likes to look at the paper, stamps, etc. in person and feel them and move them around yourself rather than do it digitally. I think it might not be for everybody, but there sure are a lot of people who love it. I thought it looked extremely easy to watch someone else do it...but harder for me to be creative myself, at first. Good luck, and like everyone else said, ask some specific questions and I'm sure you'll get them answered. You may end up loving it.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I really love it, sucks that you don't:-( BUT it's the only digi program I have used so I don't have much to compare it to either. I know there have been some glitches (and don't get me started on the page I did last night then accidentally erased, but that was just "user error") but I have not encountered any so far.

I will say that I do really like the fact that it's portable. I would have DIED for it when i was on vaca in Florida this summer...I had 7 WHOLE days and nights with no stamping!!!! And we were not in a touristy place with much to do so I got bored. I do plan on taking it with me on my honeymoon too just in case!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

I have the MDS and really like it for planning cards I want to make. However I can't print the cards to the size selected for example if I design a card to 5x7 landscape and put in a 5x7 blank card it doesn't print correctly for me. I'm sure I must have messed up somehow. The printer is set for 5x7 and landscape. Anyone out there who has printed a card and could tell me what I am doing wrong? My demo is a wonderful person but hasn't worked with MDS yet so she isn't a help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #18  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
I really love it, sucks that you don't:-( BUT it's the only digi program I have used so I don't have much to compare it to either. I know there have been some glitches (and don't get me started on the page I did last night then accidentally erased, but that was just "user error") but I have not encountered any so far.

I will say that I do really like the fact that it's portable. I would have DIED for it when i was on vaca in Florida this summer...I had 7 WHOLE days and nights with no stamping!!!! And we were not in a touristy place with much to do so I got bored. I do plan on taking it with me on my honeymoon too just in case!
Just in case?

I would've been minus a computer if I'd tried to take it on my honeymoon. (on the other hand, laptops didn't really exist back then in the Dark Ages!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2010, 05:05 AM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
Just in case?

I would've been minus a computer if I'd tried to take it on my honeymoon. (on the other hand, laptops didn't really exist back then in the Dark Ages!)
Just in case....it rains (rained a lot when we were on vacation and we couldn't do anything)....he wants to sleep later than I do...for the wait at the airport...things like that. I'm sure I won't do it a lot but will be nice to have the option for down time. :-)

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a link to some MDS videos:
http://pattystamps.com/pattys_stamping_spot/videos/

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by laura6View Post
oh cool, digital scrapping (insert awed sounds here)... I am so afraid of the computer its not even funny... well, maybe it is funny. One day the computer was being wonky, and I said to it' If you don't freaking start working NOW i will toss you out the window and buy that darn Dell I was looking at' (ok I cleaned up my language for this post LOL).
I swear, the computer has worked well ever since I 'motivated' it....
If you feel silly threatining a piece of machinery, DON"T.... the software had it coming LOL
THAT is hilarious! I'm still laughing!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2010, 09:08 PM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

I have MDS, but am not certified (certifiable... maybe!). I think it is a great program for beginner digi-scrappers.

MY PINTEREST BOARDS MY BLOG MY WEBSITE
Reply With Quote Likes