Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #1  

Received 277 Likes on 164 Posts
Default SU Holiday Catalog question

When do demos get to order from the upcoming Holiday catalog? For those interested in signing on, this may be an important detail to know, assuming products from this catalog could be included in the 30% off order placed within the first 45 days.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought it was available publicly August 1, which means demos could order July 1, so people should sign up in July to get the extra free products, and then wait until July to make their first order so they can get 30% off.

(I'm not a demo, just saw comments in the other SU catalog thread).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post
I thought it was available publicly August 1, which means demos could order July 1, so people should sign up in July to get the extra free products, and then wait until July to make their first order so they can get 30% off.

(I'm not a demo, just saw comments in the other SU catalog thread).
Yes, as a demo, you can pre-order out of the Holiday catalog starting 7/1. If you have items from the Holiday Catalog on your first big ($150+) order after signing up, then it will qualify for 30% discount. July is also the start of a new quarter, so that means you won't have to meet your quota until end of December. The We {Heart} Hostesses promotion where you get extra $50 in Hostess Dollars for orders over $450 runs through end of July. So if your order is greater than $450, you would qualify for this, too. In addition, there's volume rebates that you would then qualify for for the month. And I'm pretty sure it would also qualify for the Stampin' Start program. LOTS of benefits. Talk to your demo of choice for any further clarifications. It's a great time to sign up!

Oh, the only thing you wouldn't qualify for, if you signed up in July, would be the "Takes the Cake" promotion. That's for when you sign up in JUNE, you get extra bonus products. But you would have to meet your quota by end of September. You would still qualify for everything above.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2012, 04:00 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemycardsView Post
That's for when you sign up in JUNE, you get extra bonus products. But you would have to meet your quota by end of September. You would still qualify for everything above.
I had read this on a blog. Has it changed?

"Quarterly Minimums - there are minimums to meet as a Demonstrator - you have to have $300 in sales (personal or customer) per quarter. The quarter that you sign up in is waived eg: if you sign up in Jan, you don't have to meet your minimum $300 sales until the end of the second quarter, which would be June 30th."

If I sign up, it will likely be at the end of June, so whether I have to meet a minimum for Sept or Dec. may influence how I do this. :\
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2012, 04:36 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 513 Likes on 230 Posts

If you sign up in June, then you don't have to meet minimums for the April-May-June quarter. Then your first quarter to meet minimums is July-August-September.

But if you sign up in July, then you don't have to meet minimums for July-August-September. And your first quarter to meet minimums is October-November-December.

So, sign up in June, you meet your first minimum by Sept 30. Sign up in July, you meet your first minimum by Dec 31. Quite a difference.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #6  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So, you need to weigh the two options:
- extra product (stamp set, DSP and MDS DVD) if you sign in June
- extra three months to meet that first minimum if you sign in July

If you think you'll order $450(US) in your first order in July (Holiday Catalogue, new stuff) so that you get the extra Hostess bonus, plus your 30%, you've met your minimum for that quarter, no hassle.
And ... if you don't get the Oct/Nov/Dec minimum, you've got January in pending to catch up - with the next Occasions Catalogue. Which, if it's as good as the Holiday Mini, shouldn't be a problem!

Confused yet? (I tried!);)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

ok, so if you sign up in July, you don't have to make your min. until the end of Dec.

BUT, i f you make your min. by the end of Sept - then you still have to meet another min. by the end of Dec.? that is what I am reading.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #8  

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
ok, so if you sign up in July, you don't have to make your min. until the end of Dec.

BUT, i f you make your min. by the end of Sept - then you still have to meet another min. by the end of Dec.? that is what I am reading.
Confusing, isn't it.
Let's look step by step at the sign up in July version:
You sign up in July.
You are welcomed enthusiastically to the SU! family.
You place enough orders in July/Aug/Sept to total $300.

You have now also met your minimums for Oct/Nov/Dec. Go for a holiday. Stay home and stamp. You don't need to sell anymore.

Now it's January 1.
A new quarter.
You have until the end of March to meet your minimum of $300.
And a new Occasions catalogue to help you!

Does that clarify a bit?

(Note: all dollar amounts are US ... our numbers in Canada are different ... if somebody needs translation, let me know! ;))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

thanks - I think it was the "and if you don't make the oct..... you have January..."

that I went HUH? HA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #10  

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
thanks - I think it was the "and if you don't make the oct..... you have January..."

that I went HUH? HA!
People get that reaction a lot when they try to understand me!
Thanks for asking for a clarification.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And doesn't Sale-abration begin sometime in Feb? That will help with sales too, to help with your quota.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #12  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
And doesn't Sale-abration begin sometime in Feb? That will help with sales too, to help with your quota.
We don't have dates yet for Sale-a-bration, but it's typically been in Jan/Feb/March sometime. No way to know for sure - there's always things that get changed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

I wish I had thought this through a little more before joining a few days ago, but that's ok.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Since people are answering questions about joining.....I see the $99 price on the web site right now. Is that just a special for June along with the extra Take The Cake product or is the sign up price always $99 ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #15  

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbyView Post
Since people are answering questions about joining.....I see the $99 price on the web site right now. Is that just a special for June along with the extra Take The Cake product or is the sign up price always $99 ?
SU! changed the Starter Kit in May ... so the sign up price is $99. That price isn't a 'special'.
What else might happen along the way this year ... none of us knows.

does that answer your question? Sort of?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

I know there's a SU demo forum that us peons don't have access to unless we sign up, but is there a good place for all of us weighing our options to be asking questions? like a "Thinking about becoming a SU demo? Ask here" place? I know the answer tends to be to ask your demo, but my demo is a hobby demo/no downlines and didn't know about the $99 promotion instead of a kit switch, so I have a lot of questions yet that I don't want to overwhelm her with (like volume rebates? Stamping Start? how do i decide to place one large order vs. several small orders? what's the cost of having a website? how important is your upline? can i really not post links to other companies on my blog? and other such high-maintenance newbie questions!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

I know there's a SU demo forum that us peons don't have access to unless we sign up, but is there a good place for all of us weighing our options to be asking questions? like a "Thinking about becoming a SU demo? Ask here" place? I know the answer tends to be to ask your demo, but my demo is a hobby demo/no downlines and didn't know about the $99 promotion instead of a kit switch, so I have a lot of questions yet that I don't want to overwhelm her with (like volume rebates? Stamping Start? how do i decide to place one large order vs. several small orders? what's the cost of having a website? how important is your upline? can i really not post links to other companies on my blog? and other such high-maintenance newbie questions!).
i'm sure there are dozens of SU demos that would be happy to answer all your questions and you will hear from a few! Or, you could start your own thread.

I was an SU demo in the past and found it very easy to order, deal with any returns (not many), etc. The company has very nice demo support. good luck!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2012, 04:07 AM   #18  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
Confusing, isn't it.
Let's look step by step at the sign up in July version:
You sign up in July.
You are welcomed enthusiastically to the SU! family.
You place enough orders in July/Aug/Sept to total $300.

You have now also met your minimums for Oct/Nov/Dec. Go for a holiday. Stay home and stamp. You don't need to sell anymore.

Now it's January 1.
A new quarter.
You have until the end of March to meet your minimum of $300.
And a new Occasions catalogue to help you!

Does that clarify a bit?

(Note: all dollar amounts are US ... our numbers in Canada are different ... if somebody needs translation, let me know! ;))
Um...I'm pretty sure she would still have to meet her quota for Oct/Nov/Dec too. If she signs up in July, she wouldn't have to sell anything in July/Aug/Sep, but she WILL have to meet the $300 quota for Oct/Nov/Dec. So anything she buys/sells in July/Aug/Sept will not count towards Oct/Nov/Dec.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2012, 04:18 AM   #19  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

This is a pretty good place to ask.

1) Volume rebates is an extra percentage of your sales you can earn for meeting your title requirements. The higher your title and sales, the more this percentage is.
2) Stamping Start is a program that rewards you for meeting certain goals as a new demonstrator. You are rewarded with free stamp sets for each goal.
3) Most demos like to save up orders to place at least a hostess-level order of $150 so they will get the hostess benefits. Plus, any order under $69.50 still has to pay a flat rate of $6.95, so most of us like to order more than that so we are playing only 10% shipping. But it all depends on you and how you like to do things.
4) Your upline is as important as you want her to be. Seriously, you can be very successful with an absentee upline. It's really up to you. But if you feel you need lots of guidance, then an upline who has meetings for her downline is probably a good choice, meaning you need to choose someone local. Calling up the demos in your area and asking about whether they hold meetings and maybe even attending one as a guest before signing up is a very good idea in that case.
5) The website is $12.95 per month. There are lots of advantages to having one, as you tend to attract more new customers if they see you have a website and are active with it (posting events to your calendar is particularly important). It is necessary to have a website if you want to earn more money from people who order from you online (they can without it, but you get less money from their orders). If you have a blog, that helps too since you can have the link on your blog.
6) You can't post links to websites with shopping carts. You can't "promote" other competing companies' products on your blog. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. You can certainly mention other companies' products, as long as you don't wax poetic about their products to the point where it becomes promoting those products. You can use other products on your projects and mention them by name in the ingredients list, but you can't link to the website or websites where they are sold.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2012, 05:01 AM   #20  

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInkView Post
Um...I'm pretty sure she would still have to meet her quota for Oct/Nov/Dec too. If she signs up in July, she wouldn't have to sell anything in July/Aug/Sep, but she WILL have to meet the $300 quota for Oct/Nov/Dec. So anything she buys/sells in July/Aug/Sept will not count towards Oct/Nov/Dec.
They've changed it so that they treat July/Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec as one large 'quarter'.
At least that's how it's worked for my recruits here in Canada.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2012, 06:20 AM   #21  
Crimping Master

Makalah, good idea. Maybe we can ask mods here to do a sticky or FAQ for those who are considering joining SU.

Gail is correct on the quota requirement. Signing up in Jul/Aug/Sep, any orders placed thru Dec counts toward Oct/Nov/Dec minimum. In addition you will have Jan as pending month to make up any shortfall.

On the main website, under Opportunities, Business Overview, you can find the info on commission/instant income/discount and Volume Rebates.
Stampin' Up! Career Plan - Stampin' Up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

I noticed on the back of the NEW catalog. It say Join for $99!

Create your starter kit-Your way! Talk to your Demonstrator.

There is no end date on the Join up part. So I would think it would be for the whole year. I might be wrong.?

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #23  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post

There is no end date on the Join up part. So I would think it would be for the whole year. I might be wrong.?
Nope. I don't think you're wrong.
SU! has presented this to us as the way the Starter Kit will be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2012, 05:04 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post

When I called, there was no end to this. I was a demo and I and using this to rejoin. You get to pick up to $125.00 in product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #25  
Inking Addict

Default Thinking of signing up

Since SU reformulated the ink pads I am thinking of signing up to be a demo (for personal use only) so be able to get them at a discount. I am little OCD about understanding things before jumping in so I have a few questions.

Keeping up the minimums should not be a problem :rolleyes:, but in the event that I don't how hard is it to become active again. Do you just place an order and everything is good or do you have to completely sign up again.

Did I read correctly that once you purchase your demo kit the next order if placed within 45 days is 30% off?

Once I am a demo will I have to purchase a bunch of catalogs just to get the one for my use? I hate to waste them if they can only be purchased in a pack.

I am thinking that signing up will end up being a great deal for me so I can get the new pads. Thankfully I only have a few and don't have to completely replace them all. Plus I am getting a big shot for my birthday and there are all sorts of dies etc that I will "need".

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Lisa, once you don't make your minimum and drop, you must repurchase the starter kit. You can do that as many times as you like.

Your "qualifying" order ($150 or more) placed within your first 45 days nets you 30% off.

You will receive a catalog as part of your starter kit.

Yes, it is a great deal for the new ink pads -- or whatever else it is you're desiring.

Since you mentioned your birthday, demos receive 15% the first item on their demo order during their birthday month.

Really, you can't go wrong!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #27  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220View Post
Lisa, once you don't make your minimum and drop, you must repurchase the starter kit. You can do that as many times as you like.

Your "qualifying" order ($150 or more) placed within your first 45 days nets you 30% off.

You will receive a catalog as part of your starter kit.

Yes, it is a great deal for the new ink pads -- or whatever else it is you're desiring.

Since you mentioned your birthday, demos receive 15% the first item on their demo order during their birthday month.

Really, you can't go wrong!
Thanks!

Also, can I just sign up through my demo's website? I have only been ordering from her since October and have never met her. I am thinking I should probably let her know that I am signing up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #28  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smile160View Post
Thanks!

Also, can I just sign up through my demo's website? I have only been ordering from her since October and have never met her. I am thinking I should probably let her know that I am signing up.
You can sign up through her website ... or any other US demo's website. The procedure is fairly simple now.
Once you complete the signup, she'll get an email from SU! telling her that you've signed up.

If you have questions, she should be able to help you with them. (although SCS has a demo forums section that will answer many of them as well.) You may want to find out if she has team activities that you can join as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddesignsView Post
I wish I had thought this through a little more before joining a few days ago, but that's ok.
I know! I JUST signed up today, and now after reading this thread, wish I would have waited till July 1. In the back of my mind I knew there was something about July, but I went ahead and signed today.

So, I am quite anxious as I'll have to make my minimum by the end of September, right? Another question...if I happen to sell anything before July 1, does that count toward my minimum needed by the end of Sept.? Or am I out of luck there as this quarter ends the end of June.

YIKES, I've never been an SU Demo before and don't want this sales pressure to suck the fun out of stamping for me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #30  

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellegirlView Post
I know! I JUST signed up today, and now after reading this thread, wish I would have waited till July 1. In the back of my mind I knew there was something about July, but I went ahead and signed today.

So, I am quite anxious as I'll have to make my minimum by the end of September, right? Another question...if I happen to sell anything before July 1, does that count toward my minimum needed by the end of Sept.? Or am I out of luck there as this quarter ends the end of June.

YIKES, I've never been an SU Demo before and don't want this sales pressure to suck the fun out of stamping for me!!
Congratulations! Welcome to the SU! family!
Anything you sell from now until the end of September counts!

Talk to your upline (the demo you signed with) ... she should be able to help you.
A great way to start is to host your own party ... invite your friends, relatives, anybody that breathes ... if your upline will help you that's even better.
On the left side of this screen ... click on 'Join a Group' and choose SU! demonstrators. they'll send you message with directions that will give you access to the Demo Forums here ... lots of information and advice. and hand-holding when necessary.

You get to choose if the pressure will suck the fun out. Don't worry about it. At worst ... you will have gotten a deal on the kit, at least 20% off everything you order, and probably made some new demo friends. What's to lose?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2012, 02:17 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smile160View Post
Thanks!

Please do talk with her first. Crazy as it may sound, not all demos are in a position to build a downline and many a new demo has been known to regret her decision later.

Reply With Quote Likes