Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:07 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU digital??

been looking at the digital suite su has lately...and it seems reasonable for price for what you get but i'm one that like dimention /layers not to mention actually creating with my bear hands cards and layouts. Can i still get that with su digital or will it just be a waste.. seen loads of cool inspirational stuff and how easy it would be to use and love their end results but still not sold on it. i know a comment i heard from a friend is that she herself couldn't get it to print properly so she was ordering them to her specifications. also curious how the 3d embellishments look sometimes they can look very fake. but this could save me time on my layouts and cards any one who has digital su please share your likes and dislikes i'm in debate mode weather its a good choice for me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only had My Digital Studio for a short time but I can tell I am going to enjoy having it. I have a lot of catching up to do in the scrapbooking area and have actually made a small dent. I was concerned about the "flat" look but when my pages arrived from the printer I simply added brads & buttons before slipping the pages into protectors. Using the shading feature around embellishments helps them to have some dimension. My pages turned out great IMO and if you use the SU print option the colors turn out very clear. (I know some print at home or use other services like costco)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

The website My Digital Studio has a ton of great information and tips! It's worth checking out before you invest in MDS.

I initially got MDS because there are so many stamp sets included! I could print sentiments to layer on a hybrid card, or images to color by hand (love being able to resize or flip an image). Now I am saving a ton of money by buying the Designer Series Papers digitally and printing just what I want, when I want. I use Hammermill's Color Copy Digital paper to print the DSPs on and it looks and feels like SU's.

Good luck deciding!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2011, 07:45 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the Digital paper tip. I think that's just what I needed to hear. I just downloaded MDS Express as a way to "experiment" and am pleased so far. I really wanted to get more pages of my favorite DSPs, and NOT have to buy the real paper that ONLY gives me 2 sheets of a favorite pattern. I am enjoying it and VERY excited to see it accept other paper & stamp downloads from other sources! I'm actually feeling good about having just gotten the Express (1/2 the cost) & downloading a few individual stamp sets & DSPs I want a little at a time. Maybe I'll end up spending the full amount ONE day, but little by little is easier on the wallet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have switched all my scrapbooking to My Digital Studio mainly because of the space and time savings. Thanks for the suggestion of the Hammermill paper for printing. I will try it out for some background papers or panels of backgrounds. Since the digital downloads are a fraction of the cost of the real stamps, it does make sense to at least give them a try. I like to design a front panel for a card, copy it to print 4 times on a sheet, then cut and mount onto colored cardstock and add an embellishment for dimension. THen you can save it and print as many times as you like. It saves on ink by doing it the hybrid way with your own cardstock. I have some hybrid cards in my gallery here.
Check out the Digital Stamping subforum and the Digital Scrapbooking Subforum for other threads about MDS and digital tips.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes