Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-24-2009, 09:58 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were the customer I would certainly file a complaint with SU. There is no good reason to just hold an order without advance notice..especially for two weeks or more...
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

I probably won't confront her about it as I do not wish to make for an uncomfortable atmosphere when I go to the LSS. But if she asks me anymore about it, I will tell her why I am not ordering from her.
I would have never thought to ask her why she hadn't placed the order as I am new to how SU works. But knowing what I know now, thanks to you all, I will have no problem letting her know that I don't care for the way she handled my orders.

I am in touch with a demo now who I feel sure will do right by me. Again, thank you all for the wonderful caring advice.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #43  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by memaw2twoView Post
Thank you all for your input.
My feeling is that she should have told me that my order would be giving credit to another person. I was never given the option.
When I decided that I wanted to order from SU, I purchased the catalog from her. I asked her when she was sending in her next order. She told me that it was going in the next day. I emailed her my order and took her a check that day. Then 2 weeks later, I placed another larger order. I asked when my first order would be here and she told me that she hadn't sent it in and that it would be going in that night, the last night of SAB. It is at that point, I feel, that she should have given me options.
Until I received a reply from her to my email yesterday, I didn't know that I was even on a list to be a 'host' for a monthly workshop. Again, if I had known that this is how she does things, I wouldn't be questioning it now. But I was never told anything or given any options.
These 2 orders were my first ones from SU in several years. I love the product and all of the inspiration that they provide. I will continue to order SU, just not through this demo.
All very good points---most demos would be happy to have you as a customer! Good luck and enjoy your stuff(can't remember if you got it yet or not, LOL)
Glad you got it explained to you(although, Ihave to agree, it doesn't make alot of sense, what she said)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by momtoggkView Post
I would find another demo. I'm a regular SU customer and have had bad experiences with demos, until recently. I found one who gave me TONS of free stuff and discounts just for being a first-time customer. I've never met her (and probably never will since I live overseas), but she treats me like we've known each awhile.
I'm glad you found a demo you clicked with, but I sure hope that giving away tons of freebies doesn't become the standard of what makes a "good" demo since most of us (myself included) aren't big-time business demos and can't really afford to do that. :(

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sometimes demo's do save them for a couple of days and put orders together. But to hold them for TWO weeks. That is totally uncalled for. Unless she asked you if it was ok AND if she totaled them.......YOU should get the hostess gifts not her.

Changing demos would be my advice. Sent you a PM

Former Demo, here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4dView Post
I'm glad you found a demo you clicked with, but I sure hope that giving away tons of freebies doesn't become the standard of what makes a "good" demo since most of us (myself included) aren't big-time business demos and can't really afford to do that. :(
That's very true. What SU gives you is tons, as far as I'm concerned. When I was a demo I didn't have an upline that I could contact. She was NEVER available........in the whole 5 years. But another demo, that started when I did, was. She and I supported each other and with the demos on the internet. She is now my demo and I order from her all the time. She would NEVER hold my order without asking me. I have told her (if its the end of the month and I'm in no hurry) that she could send it in for either month..........whichever would benefit her the most. My order
($160), this month, put her $7 over the $400. She loves me. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi

I would pick up the phone and ask her why she did not placed the first order 2 or 3 days after you placed it. Maybe she will have a good reason. Than after you know why you will be able to take the decision if you continue to order from her or change demo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, I just gotta say....BIZARRE! No other word for it. So sorry that happened, but I'm glad you found a new demo to work with.

That's just too weird.....including someone in a club they don't even know about? Ww...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #49  
Kookie Creator

sounds like she forgot your order and then remembered when you placed another order. Also as a demo we all are very aware of the 150 dollar mark gets benefits. So once you placed the second order she knew you qualified for benefits. My only guess is she decided to keep them for herself and should have offered them to you.

Once you called her on it she "made" the hostess excuse. She may have a hostess for the month but since you are not part of that your orders should NOT have been included and benefits given to someone else. That is not how things work.

I would order through another demo and leave it at that. If she ever asks (which I doubt) then you can tell her you didn't like how she handled your orders. The best part of being a demo is telling customers when they earn extra things that they didn't expect! Everyone loves something good unexpected.

Good luck and enjoy your new toys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

As far as the shipping. Shipping is $6.95 for orders under $69.50 after that it is 10% so if you placed an order for $150 your shipping should have been $15. If you were charged any more than that, then yes you were over charged and you should ask for a refund.

She should not have held your order for that long. The fact that she did, and your order was over $150, you would qualify for hostess benefits. I am sorry that you did not get them. Hopefully she is willing to make this up to you and keep her customers happy! At least that is what I would try to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #51  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just one more thing...how can she NOT remember what month you *have*? If she really drew your name to get the hostess benefits, she MUST have it written down somewhere! Or else how will she know when your turn is!? The fact that she hasn't looked it up, speaks volumes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #52  
Insane Embellisher

This is so strange. Sounds like you are part of Hostess Club and you didn't even know it!

Glad you found a new demo. Have fun stamping with your products!
Reply With Quote Likes