Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-18-2008, 08:14 AM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonaparteladyView Post
Well, to be honest, I was hoping for something more....there's so much neat stamping stuff out there I was hoping SU would be going in that direction....
I agree. I think some of their images are a bit "tired" and they need to concentrate on their stamps... especially with all the new stamp companies out there right now coming up with some great new designs.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #42  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking the same thoughts as you all...SU home decor...no no no! But after seeing them I am in love! I have already started thinking on how I am going to decorate my dining room and hall bath....Just wait til you see them...they are gorgeous!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=37017

Stampin' Up Sr.Supervisor
www.sodanajones.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

I am interested to see what the vinyl is like, but I am *VERY* relieved it isn't something I HAVE to have right this minute!!! I feel like I have too many of those things. ;) It seems that SU! rarely disappoints, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 08:29 AM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les' GirlView Post
I've actually read from a lot of demos that they aren't excite though - and then there are just a few that are defending this (which I totally understand - it's your livelihood!)

I know that I would quit my SU club this summer, but I really want to support my demo who is struggling with this all. If it wasn't for my personal connection with her I think I'd step away from SU.
Well, I can tell you on the demo side there is now (since seeing the actual product) much more positivity than negative remarks. Remember a lot of demos don't spend time on the general side of the forums so the selection of demo opinions you are seeing here isn't necessarily representative of us all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 08:37 AM   #45  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppofctView Post
So does a demonstrator have to sell it... What if they want to stick to just stamps?
She can just stick to stamps. BUT, if someone expresses interest in the new product line and the demonstrator hasn't invested in samples, then that could mean lost sales. Same with demonstrators who aren't into scrapbooking. If they haven't invested in SU scrapbooking materials, then they can't really give first hand experience and insight on the products. Could mean more of on investment for the demonstrator if she/he doesn't want to lose potential customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 08:40 AM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctabView Post
Well, I can tell you on the demo side there is now (since seeing the actual product) much more positivity than negative remarks. Remember a lot of demos don't spend time on the general side of the forums so the selection of demo opinions you are seeing here isn't necessarily representative of us all.
That's what I was going to say! Having a few demos in the general site voicing there opinions is not the least bit indicative of how the mass demo population feels - trust me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Not really....SU will be sending every demo a large enough sample to be able to use at workshops to show the product. There will also be a brochure sent to each demo (it will be included in the next Stampin' Success magazine when it's mailed out) so nobody has to purchase one.

Basically, even if a demo doesn't WANT to promote the new product line, s/he will be able to show it if asked to do so. There isn't anything that's needed to be purchased at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #48  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
Not really....SU will be sending every demo a large enough sample to be able to use at workshops to show the product. There will also be a brochure sent to each demo (it will be included in the next Stampin' Success magazine when it's mailed out) so nobody has to purchase one.

Basically, even if a demo doesn't WANT to promote the new product line, s/he will be able to show it if asked to do so. There isn't anything that's needed to be purchased at all.
But just like with rubber stamps, baskets (Longerberger), or cooking stuff (Pampered Chef) how many customers are content with just looking at one little thing? Even when I'm looking for home decor stuff for my house, I want to see lots of samples. If I'm at Home Depot, then I want to read about the various types of paints, see a bunch of sample swatches, etc. If I'm purchasing fabric, I want to touch the fabric to get a feel for the quality. Just seeing a picture of what the fabric looks like wouldn't be enough (one of the reasons why I don't buy much home decor via the internet).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 10:39 AM   #49  
Crimping Master

Here's a link to what they are going to sell...

http://www.stampinup.com/ca/document...ements_web.pdf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Well I will be saving some $$ cuz it does not interest me. It looks kinda cute, but my landlord does not let us put that kind of stuff on our walls. And in general it is not my thing anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

It is removable and leaves no marks so your landlord would never know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #52  
Insane Embellisher

Cute for a nursery or kids rooms using the numbers and letters. I just bought letters from Sears which I will paint to spell my kids' names in their new rooms, though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #53  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by vz5dzhView Post
It is removable and leaves no marks so your landlord would never know.
Depends - the application instructions state that they're not recommended for textured or uneven surfaces, brick, or oil based surfaces. It also has "Note: This product may affect the paint on some surfaces and wall coverings."

So, it may turn out to be how daring you want to be as a renter who's not allowed to put up anything on the walls. I'm sure it's fine for most surfaces and paints, but as a renter you'd have to determine your own risk factor.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 12:28 PM   #54  
Crimping Master

Does "removable" mean "reusable"? If I don't like where I placed it, can I remove it and put it somewhere else?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #55  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by peggView Post
Does "removable" mean "reusable"? If I don't like where I placed it, can I remove it and put it somewhere else?
They are removable, but not reusable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #56  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
But just like with rubber stamps, baskets (Longerberger), or cooking stuff (Pampered Chef) how many customers are content with just looking at one little thing? Even when I'm looking for home decor stuff for my house, I want to see lots of samples. If I'm at Home Depot, then I want to read about the various types of paints, see a bunch of sample swatches, etc. If I'm purchasing fabric, I want to touch the fabric to get a feel for the quality. Just seeing a picture of what the fabric looks like wouldn't be enough (one of the reasons why I don't buy much home decor via the internet).
An SU demosntrator is never expected to have everything in the catalog to show their customers. We always just show samples of our products. So showing customers a sample of the wall decor along with the brochure should be fine. It's not like any of us can take our walls with us to workshops even if they are all covered with awesome SU designs. And if we take a photo of our wall, how is that any different than the photo from a brochure (except for a lack of professional quality, that is, at least in my amateur photographer case).

As someone who was at best lukewarm about this idea when it was first speculated about before the announcement, I can tell you that after seeing the brochure I am over the moon about these and can't wait to get my hands on them. These are not just words on a wall. These are the SU images we all know and love, just on a bigger scale. They are awesome!

And these will be great for stampers who want to earn more hostess benefits too. Even if you, a die hard stamper, are not interested in these, your non-stamper non-crafter friends might be, and their purchases will allow you to get more hostess benefits. Who can complain about that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdianeView Post
An SU demosntrator is never expected to have everything in the catalog to show their customers. We always just show samples of our products. So showing customers a sample of the wall decor along with the brochure should be fine. It's not like any of us can take our walls with us to workshops even if they are all covered with awesome SU designs. And if we take a photo of our wall, how is that any different than the photo from a brochure (except for a lack of professional quality, that is, at least in my amateur photographer case).

As someone who was at best lukewarm about this idea when it was first speculated about before the announcement, I can tell you that after seeing the brochure I am over the moon about these and can't wait to get my hands on them. These are not just words on a wall. These are the SU images we all know and love, just on a bigger scale. They are awesome!

And these will be great for stampers who want to earn more hostess benefits too. Even if you, a die hard stamper, are not interested in these, your non-stamper non-crafter friends might be, and their purchases will allow you to get more hostess benefits. Who can complain about that?
Well said and my thoughts exactly! I had absolutely no interest in this line untill I saw some ideas and checked out the brochure. Now my head is spinning with several ideas and I honestly can't wait to try them. I was also hoping for something different, and who knows, we still have a new catalog to look forward to, so we may be pleasently surprised. I have found that it is easy to fall into the pit of negativity and hard to crawl out as it becomes a habit. I have had to teach myself to take a step back and not react before I see more information and have time to absorb everything. This is something that I have learned as my kids have gotten older and communication is more and more important. While it may not be your thing or what you hoped for, maybe something in the new catalog will.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 05:38 AM   #58  
Rubber Obsessor

I thought that they were pricey, it says they are easy to work with.with my luck they wouldn't work. I wish they had come out with something better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 05:47 AM   #59  
Kookie Creator

Well since they are already doing this, how could I suggest that they add some phrases for a little girl's room. I would love to do something like this in my daughter's room and if they could just put something princessy out there I would be sold. hehee.

www.NicoleEBecker.myctmh.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #60  
Stampin' Fool

I think they need to add colors. It is like their rub ons, only 3 colors. Frankly I love the rub ons but want more colors. I think the wall designs are nice, just wish for different colors. I also think they are a bit high priced.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #61  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingwithkidsView Post
Well since they are already doing this, how could I suggest that they add some phrases for a little girl's room. I would love to do something like this in my daughter's room and if they could just put something princessy out there I would be sold. hehee.
Some of the large ones are pricey, but there are quite a few in the $20 range and some smaller ones under $10. SU is starting with a small selection and will add more as time goes on. So I think there will be a lot more options over the next months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #62  
Die Cut Diva

I just looked - thanks for sharing the link. I can definitely live without this stuff ... and I am happy about that ... dont need to spend more money!
Reply With Quote Likes