Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2008, 05:42 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamping 101 Questions

What do you usually do on the card insides?

Do you like to ad a liner sheet or do you stamp or print your message on the card stock?

Do you cover the backs of brads or eyelets if they show inside?

One card I saw had 9 layers?! They couldn't all be cardstock, could they? Even if 5 layers were card stock and the other pattern papers that's a pretty hefty card! How do you deal with that?

TxFTH, Pam :confused:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 05:51 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

9 layers is way too much. Imagine the postage????

I NEVER use my computer for a sentiment on the inside of my card (or outside for that matter). I do everything by hand. I'm not one for liners - tho I do have a friend who does it all the time and it looks wonderful. I use maybe 1 or 2 layers on the inside to match the outside of the card OR sometimes I just stamp on the inside of the card and add something to match the outside. Hubby always tells me "Anyone can just stamp". Needless to say, I'm decorating the inside of the card as well.

Seldom do I cover the brad back on the inside of the card. Somehow I don't often think of doing that.

HTH.

Stef H
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 06:16 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by glitterbabeView Post
9 layers is way too much. Imagine the postage????

I NEVER use my computer for a sentiment on the inside of my card (or outside for that matter). I do everything by hand. I'm not one for liners - tho I do have a friend who does it all the time and it looks wonderful. I use maybe 1 or 2 layers on the inside to match the outside of the card OR sometimes I just stamp on the inside of the card and add something to match the outside. Hubby always tells me "Anyone can just stamp". Needless to say, I'm decorating the inside of the card as well.

Seldom do I cover the brad back on the inside of the card. Somehow I don't often think of doing that.

HTH.

Stef H

Good, sensible advice. THX, Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 06:24 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

psoder.........Yes, I do put a liner inside my cards. I use either laid, linen or silk paper (24#) in either white, natural, or cream color which ever matches my card best. The sentiment inside is always generated on my computer. I do cover the brads and eyelets on a layer and mat that paper so that the backs don't show. I also stamp a small image on the inside left panel of the card that coordinates with the image on the front. Most of the time it is a small portion of what's on the front. I also stamp the same portion on the lower left corner of the envelope. I put my own logo on the back of the card too at the bottom.

Everyone has their own style of how they do their cards. Check out the many other threads on this same subject on this website. You'll find lots of ideas and suggestions from others.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 06:27 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Pam -- Here's a thread with a couple of links that show the insides of cards. It adds such a nice touch to pay attention to these types of details.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Also, some of the cards listed on eBay have good photos of the insides.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 06:31 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't generally use paper on the inside, but I have now and then. Usually I print out the inside on a 2" x 4" clear label & put that on the inside. I print a bunch of insides on a sheet of the labels & have them ready when I do cards. I like the idea of stamping something on the inside left side of the card. I also put a small sticker on top of my logo on the back of the card. Nice way to get rid of those extra pesky stickers I had to have long ago.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 06:44 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula in GAView Post
I don't generally use paper on the inside, but I have now and then. Usually I print out the inside on a 2" x 4" clear label & put that on the inside. I print a bunch of insides on a sheet of the labels & have them ready when I do cards. I like the idea of stamping something on the inside left side of the card. I also put a small sticker on top of my logo on the back of the card. Nice way to get rid of those extra pesky stickers I had to have long ago.

Wow! Clear stickers...that's a cool idea. THK, Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, everyone has their own style. It's interesting to read all the ways people make cards.

I use white cardstock for the base of my cards and make my colored card fronts to attach to the outside front of the base. That way I can hide any brad "feet" or ribbon ends when I attach the front to the card base.

Most of the time I put the sentiment on the front, "Happy Birthday", "Thinking of You", etc. Then I leave the inside blank and write a personal message.

Ever so often I will print an inside sentiment on my computer before I assemble the card, but not very often.

I mail most of my cards, so the outside of the envelopes are usually plain, but I like to put a liner inside the envelope in matching pattern paper sometimes.

Here is an example of a card made with the sentiment on the outside:

Aloha Penguin Thoughts by buggainok at Splitcoaststampers

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

I usually put a stamped sentiment and hand written message. Sometimes I will stamp a small image that goes with the theme of the card in a corner. Once in a while I will put some pp on the left side of the card in support of the front or to cover up something.

Do you like to ad a liner sheet or do you stamp or print your message on the card stock?
It depends on the look, but usually just onto the cs.

I usually try to make the front of the card then attach to the base so that there is no need to cover from the inside, otherwise I will generally cover with cooridnating pp or ribbon.

One card I saw had 9 layers?! They couldn't all be cardstock, could they? Even if 5 layers were card stock and the other pattern papers that's a pretty hefty card! How do you deal with that?

I generally do 2/3 layer cards, I never really get into the "rules" and all that, I just do what feels and looks right, and I like simple. Also, if I am mailing it, I generally don't do anything that will cost more than a stamp...if I'm handing it to someone, then i will add embellies and thickness.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

I line the inside of my cards; I like the idea of clear stickers Paula, I usually computer generate a message. Also I cut the back of my brads off and glue them if I can not hide them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for all the good ideas. It's been very helpful. I like that- no set rules!

Happy Stamping,

Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

I leave mine blank and use them as stationary. I rarely ever stamp anything on the inside.

If I am making invitations I ad a liner sheet.

Nope. I think they add character.

Everyone has their own way to express their "art". Yes, it might have been all cardstock and may have been super heavy. Some are more simple and some like to really add a lot to their work. There is no right or wrong way.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

I watch for computer paper in the dollar stores that is a pretty color, or that
has a pretty design on the top. I cut these in half, trim a bit off, usually with my fancy edge scissors, and use these inside of my cards. Sometimes I stamp a greeting, and a pretty coordinating image. Sometimes I feed these in my computer and print the greeting. Marlene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Depends on the type of card, if my sentiment is outside then I just leave the inside blank and use it to write my message.

I always add a liner of nice CS (white or ivory usually), and I stamp a little bit of a coordinating design on one side, maybe on the corner, just to tie it together.

OMG! yes, I still can't bear not to!! LOL.. I always hide everything between my layers and leave the card base intact.

I am guilty of making hefty cards! Probably not nine layers, but I do use lots of dimensionals so that adds bulk! I always decorate my envelopes too, but if it's a super hefty card I send the whole thing (card in decorated envelope, sealed) inside a photo mailer. (only for extra-special occasions though

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #15  
Crimping Master

Depending on if the card is for someone to use......or just that I am sending out a card ......if there is a sentiment on the inside.

I tend to use layers and cover the brads so they don't show on the inside of the card.

I try to coordinate an image on the inside with what the theme is on the front......try is the key word here......LOL

sometimes I use a stamp with words........sometimes I use the computer...depending on the occassion and if I have a stamp that goes with it or not.

If they are cards for gifts......like a gift packett ........then I leave the insides blanc......unless it's a specific holiday one......like Christmas.....then I do have many Christmas sayings to go on the insides......

lots of different ways and techniques are usable!

Happy Stamping,
Lori
Michigan
Reply With Quote Likes