Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #81  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just looked at the Spring/Summer preview mini. And found that the prices are right in line with what they are now.

A Beautiful Thing is a Set of 6 stamps and is selling for $18.95 which seems to be the lowest costing stamp set.

But one of my favorite Set's. Along with some of the New double sided paper packs.

And the Bundle Set's sure look good. I don't and won't mind paying for some of the New Set's and paper when the catalog comes out.

Stamping is my Habit....Which is a good habit to have. It's also cheaper than going to Therapy. And beside Stamping makes me Happy!:-D

So I will probably purchase some of the New stuff from SU as well as the New Stamps and supplies from TAC. (Well I better purchase some of the TAC stuff since I demo for them) And I love being a TAC demo! ;)

Spoiler

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #82  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I agree some of the sets are pretty high, but SU truly does have good quality stamp sets, and I think the best cardstock ever. When I make someone a card they automatically know when I use SU products. The ribbon and certain stuff truly does not compare. I guess you really do pay for what you get.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 02:45 PM   #83  
Die Cut Diva

Wink TAC

jeanstamping2 said: "Stamping is my Habit....Which is a good habit to have. It's also cheaper than going to Therapy. And beside Stamping makes me Happy!:-D "

Yes indeed a very good habit. I do get very excited about SU parties ...

"So I will probably purchase some of the New stuff from SU as well as the New Stamps and supplies from TAC. (Well I better purchase some of the TAC stuff since I demo for them) And I love being a TAC demo! ;)[/QUOTE]"

question: ... do you happen to know if TAC has or will be expanding to Canada?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 04:02 PM   #84  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mis.tyView Post

Not to get sidetracked but there is no word of that happening yet. I know a few demos here do ship overseas though. :mrgreen: I'm kinda wondering what our prices will do in the next catalog...hoping they stay the same!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #85  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by canbenView Post
A couple things - SU grows trees specifically for their blocks. Besides there are MANY additional uses for the blocks - give them to some children to play with, you could alter them, use them to straighten a wobbly table....

And the other note, MOST SU products are made right here in the US! So there is no economic issue (or very little).
I didn't know this! Too coooool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #86  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

jeanstamping2 said: "Stamping is my Habit....Which is a good habit to have. It's also cheaper than going to Therapy. And beside Stamping makes me Happy!:-D "

Yes indeed a very good habit. I do get very excited about SU parties ...

"So I will probably purchase some of the New stuff from SU as well as the New Stamps and supplies from TAC. (Well I better purchase some of the TAC stuff since I demo for them) And I love being a TAC demo! ;)
"

question: ... do you happen to know if TAC has or will be expanding to Canada? [/quote]

I really don't see this happing yet. But in the future. Most of us TAC demo Will ship to Canada. And some will international as well.

I know that I have sent shippments to Norway, Middlesex, Germany and Canada.

But you'll have to contact a TAC demo in order to place an order.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #87  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
"

I really don't see this happing yet. But in the future. Most of us TAC demo Will ship to Canada. And some will international as well.

But you'll have to contact a TAC demo in order to place an order.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #88  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampersView Post
Not to get sidetracked but there is no word of that happening yet. I know a few demos here do ship overseas though. :mrgreen: I'm kinda wondering what our prices will do in the next catalog...hoping they stay the same!!
thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 05:08 PM   #89  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

But you'll have to contact a TAC demo in order to place an order.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH![/quote]

You're Very Welcome!;)

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 07:25 PM   #90  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by canbenView Post
A couple things - SU grows trees specifically for their blocks. Besides there are MANY additional uses for the blocks - give them to some children to play with, you could alter them, use them to straighten a wobbly table....

And the other note, MOST SU products are made right here in the US! So there is no economic issue (or very little).
Here's another use for those blocks...

http://paperfriendly.blogspot.com/20...e-it-easy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #91  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebethneuView Post
Actually you dont need milk to survive....just saying

sorry, the vegan had to say that.....please be gentle as you toss rubber my way, it was meant as a joke.

On another note it's interesting to read the different views on the prices, this was a great thread!
HAHA from another Vegan! I just think of "milk" as short for "soymilk" =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2007, 04:08 AM   #92  
Proud Fan Club Member

I paid $26.50 for three "little" A Muse stamps. The little bunny, airplane that is skywriting and patch. That is nuts!

I think SU! is a good value for wood images. But I really have to like a lot of the images before I buy the set though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2007, 05:51 AM   #93  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
I ran across this "marieos" in another thread last night and "her" posts where deleted in that thread too!:confused:
Did anyone ever get an answer to this? It' s been driving me nuts.... which is nothing to do with the price of stamps, SU or otherwise, so I apologize for the hi-jack.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #94  
Compulsive Stamper

Talking Sheepish

OK. Sorry I got so upset before and went off on the demo thing. I just had been shocked when I realized that there were quarterly purchase requirements to be a demo. I don't know why I didn't read that in the paper work or discuss it before I made my purchase of the demo kit. I guess I thought the demo kit was an investment at the price and would be the only demo requirement I would have to fulfill. Silly me. I decided I still like Stampin' Up! products especially the paper and ink. I was mad at my upline for a few days but I'm over it now since I am aware it wasn't her fault I was dissatisfied. It was my mistake. I even bought my quarterly requirement so I could keep the demo title for a little longer, just in case. I had very high hopes for Stampin' Up! party success and those hopes were totally wrecked when my attempts to have Stamping parties in Orange County failed miserably. I should have had a Rolex party or something like that
Thanks everyone for being so nice on the thread and respectful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 03:01 PM   #95  
Compulsive Stamper

I can't believe how bent outta shape I got over such a silly thing. I think that life's little stressors had been making me really crabby and I hadn't even noticed. Yikes.

I just had to apologize for ragging on Stampin' Up! I've been using their products almost exclusively for many years now and I should-a tried harder to fully understand what the demo requirements were before I bought the kit. Then I wouldn't have had a reason to get upset.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #96  
Compulsive Stamper

Oh yeah. Just in case anyone reads this thread again.

I did almost all those money saving things I ranted about in my first post and it worked of course. I saved $3,000 which came in really handy for some "emergencies." I had to buy a new computer when my old one pooped out on me so I ended up spending some of my frugal living savings but reading that old post reminded me to step it up again and save some more money.
Just thought I'd share that. You CAN live in Hollywood, have a service style job and save money if you are fanatical enough about it. :0
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #97  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have switched to soy milk completely. It is a lot cheaper than regular milk, I buy the bulk pack as Costco. I have grown used to the taste and like it a ton more than cow milk these days. I am not vegan, just cheap (ok, I also went on an elimination diet to adjust for food intolerances).

Back to the subject of the thread. My husband was just looking at the catalog and he said he couldn't believe how spendy this stuff is. On the other hand, when I order stamps from a Amuse, wowie, if I could get 5 stamps for $30 (I guess you could, if you buy their tiny stamps). At my local stores, it's at least $10 for a wood mounted rubber stamp that isn't isty bitsy.

I agree with JulieHRR. If you love the images, and will create with the set, then you will perceive the value. I actually purchased Define Your Life from my demo full price last summer and I love it. I hesitated, believe me, it seemed like so much money, but I use it all the time and it's been a good value for me. I don't want to know what 28 stamps that size would cost at my stamp store, either. At least with SU there is also the potential of host benefits if I save my money on place a couple orders a year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #98  
Kookie Creator

I don't have any problem with SU as a company and they have done many good deeds and are a fine company, this is just a personal opinion so please no knotted knickers, ok?

I agree that SU sets are a good deal IF you will use all of the stamps in the set but I rarely like all of them, usually only one 1 or 2, so I don't buy many. I was considering becoming a demo with the current deal but after looking through the catalog several times I couldn't find enough sets in their price ranges that I would actually use. There were a couple I wanted but not in the lower (12.95 - 13.95) price range. I love the fact that the inks and papers match, that is the key to it all to me. I wish a regular retail company would get the hint and do the same thing. I don't even buy much of the ink and paper because if I run out unexpectedly I can't pop down to my LSS and get more - I have to wait a week or more, depending on when my demo orders. I do enjoy the clear stamps and have acquired more and more of those - I like the designs and definitely like the price. Even if I only use half of the stamps in one of those sets I have gotten a bargain. Most of the sets I have I like all of them in the set.

To the one who is disappointed about becoming a demo - let your demoship (is that a word?) lapse and sell your stamps and supplies on eBAy - I bet you could recoup most of the cost that way. People pay crazy prices for SU stuff on there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 04:19 AM   #99  
Gabfest Goddess

I've said it before on SCS and I'll say it again. Most likely $30 is a fair price when you break it down by a per-stamp cost. BUT, I really never want all the stamps in a set because I just don't use my stamps like that. I usually use one, two at the most on rare occasion, on any project, so for me, that $30 seems high. I love SU, but I hardly ever order anymore, just too much for me. I have moved more to acrylics where you can get a lot more for your money, single stamps like Hero Arts or Bella (so I can get just the one I want, even if it is $10 or so, I still save money), etc. I think SU is very justified in their increases. I know they've had price hikes to cover. But all I'm saying is this is all a luxury and is so easily the first for me to adjust in my budget.
Reply With Quote Likes