Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-16-2006, 09:15 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampin' Chest/Wall Unit?!

I can't really explain what I need because I am not sure what I want/need:-) But I don't have a stamp room and right now my stuff is all over the place in the living room and I would really like to put it all together and not in plastic bins. So I need something like a wall unit that I can close and open and work out of. Most important not too expensive!!!:-)

I am so lost...please help:-)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 09:30 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Default storage

i went to the thrift sote and bought a 48 holder of casset tapes now you can put it up on the wall you just need anelctric screw dreiver.. the only thing is with the new stamp pads they are bigger so they stick out and they had to go the long way so the colr is not desplayed i just stuck a long peice of paper a long the side awth the color that matches.. now this works grate also which i have seen people do so much with.. the rolling plastc carts from wlly world or anmything.... get the tallest one maybe 40 $ i am not sure... the clear ones they hold all supplies even 81/2by 11 paper and you can rollit out when you need it and roll it in anywhere when you dont ... ihope this helps.. also go to the dollar bin at target if you can the scrapbooking isle so i hav eheard has cool little storage boxes that fold down.... goodluck let me know if you find anything good and ill keep my eye open for you too.. all i have is a very small closet ill send pictures if you want its not too nice... nina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #3  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you seen the modular units from Crop In Style? Check their website here.

Since you buy these in pieces, you can start out with just a few; add pieces as your budget and/or space grows; and get exactly what you need for your space (shelves, drawers, paperholders, desktop, etc).

Now that Joann's carries the pieces, you can use your 40-50% off coupons too!
Old 01-16-2006, 09:47 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 460 Likes on 349 Posts

I keep most of my stamping stuff in an antique wardrobe in the kitchen. You can find some at fairly reasonable prices because they generally are large bulky pieces that aren't extremely popular these days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 10:48 AM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee's
I keep most of my stamping stuff in an antique wardrobe in the kitchen. You can find some at fairly reasonable prices because they generally are large bulky pieces that aren't extremely popular these days.
Thank you all for the suggetions...something up there is stirring in the idea box:-) Where do you think I can find these antique pieces. I don't like the rolling carts too much or any plastic bins and carts in the living room, but would like to keep my creative space closed and away from people to go through:-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 11:50 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Target (at least in my area) has something VERY similar to the crop in style boxes someone mentioned above. They're $24.99 each, no matter what style you get, and they're very sturdy. I've put three together and I'm trying to decide which other two I need. (I have the spot all picked out.)

Just something to consider for those of us who are on more limited budgets. ;)

Kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 12:03 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

When I get home, I will take a picture of my IKEA storage cabinet. I posted awhile back, but it has become more full (and more organized since then.) The best part aobut it is that the doors clip right off and go back on easliy. I can take the doors off when I am working, so I don't even have to open and close every few minutes. When I am done, I just pop them back on in 30 seconds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 12:09 PM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbwcc
When I get home, I will take a picture of my IKEA storage cabinet. I posted awhile back, but it has become more full (and more organized since then.) The best part aobut it is that the doors clip right off and go back on easliy. I can take the doors off when I am working, so I don't even have to open and close every few minutes. When I am done, I just pop them back on in 30 seconds.

I was looking at IKEA's website and there are a few nice one...only glitch they are in the range of $300-400...but maybe I will just have to start saving:-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 12:44 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateStamps
Target (at least in my area) has something VERY similar to the crop in style boxes someone mentioned above. They're $24.99 each, no matter what style you get, and they're very sturdy. I've put three together and I'm trying to decide which other two I need. (I have the spot all picked out.)

Just something to consider for those of us who are on more limited budgets. ;)

Kate
I was just going to suggest this same line. I told DH that I wanted my stamp/scrap space re-vamped and saw these organizers at my Target!! The price was great and can't wait to start shopping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 01:24 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 460 Likes on 349 Posts

I'm attaching photos of the wardrobe I use. It holds all my inks, papers, embellishments, etc. My stamp sets are stored elsewhere.

Wardrobes can be found at second hand shops and antique stores. In Texas you could easily find one for $125 to $175. They often go much cheaper at auctions.
Attached Thumbnails
Stampin' Chest/Wall Unit?!-stamp-storage-001.jpg   Stampin' Chest/Wall Unit?!-stamp-storage-002.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 01:40 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee's
I'm attaching photos of the wardrobe I use. It holds all my inks, papers, embellishments, etc. My stamp sets are stored elsewhere.

Wardrobes can be found at second hand shops and antique stores. In Texas you could easily find one for $125 to $175. They often go much cheaper at auctions.

Wow...that is a great deal!!! Maybe you could get a little side business going...can you ship to MN?? ;-) It is a fine looking piece of furniture too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 02:09 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

I just purchased 2 of these from shopko on sale for 69.99 from 99.99. i don't know if you have shopko but is you do you should take a look. I am in the middle of organizing my new craft room this w/e so it doesn't look great yet but when I finish I will post some pics. PS. they were super easy to put together, everything lined up and holes drilled well.
Steph
Attached Thumbnails
Stampin' Chest/Wall Unit?!-new-pics-001.jpg   Stampin' Chest/Wall Unit?!-new-pics-003.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 02:17 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin_queen
I was looking at IKEA's website and there are a few nice one...only glitch they are in the range of $300-400...but maybe I will just have to start saving:-)
Mine is HUGE, and was only $199. I will be home within an hour, and will post as soon as I can. I LOVE IT!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 03:32 PM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Okay, here is my cabinet. Like I said, the doors pop off and pop back on in like 30 seconds, which helps me both when I am stamping and when I am not.

The IKEA name is TUNHEM (the link shows two of the same thing for $398, but you can get them seperately for $199, there just is no individual picture of one.)

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...roductId=16664
Attached Thumbnails
Stampin' Chest/Wall Unit?!-cabinet-doors-off.jpg   Stampin' Chest/Wall Unit?!-cabinet-closed.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 04:06 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

I just got this unit for ink pads and ribbon. I LOVE it!!!!

http://www.sixxle.com/product.php?id=1007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2006, 02:40 AM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

I also went to a local habitat for Humanity thrift store and bought a 1950's china hutch with shelves and underneath storage. The best thing is that it was only $10.00!!! Just gave it a coat of paint and it holds A ton! Check your local thrift stores, you'll get a good buy and the money goes to a good cause. Mea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2006, 03:58 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

I got this 6+ foot tall cuboard, I think it is supposed to be a kitchen pantry. I think it is from walmart or a store like that, and I was told it isn't pricey, I have 5 shelves in it. It works for me right now. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes