Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-05-2006, 03:14 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stamp Stores in North Carolina

Can any of you NC stampers share names of good stamp stores? My husband and I are taking our daughters to Raleigh for Christmas this year so that we can spend time with my in-laws. I told my DH that I want stamping supplies for Christmas and being a typical man, he plans to buy gifts for me on the 23rd of December. He and his dad are taking a trip from Raleigh to Beaufort to see the house his dad is building for his retirement. My DH plans to shop on the trip. I'd like to give him some names of good stamp stores, because otherwise, he'll either end up shopping at Michaels or just not buying anything. I'd appreciate your help. (His logic is that you folks on the East coast will have different stamps than what we have here on the West coast, and to a certain extent, he is right. I went to a stamp store with my SIL in Virginia the last time we visited and I had never seen so many pilgrim themed stamps in one place.)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2006, 03:28 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

There's an Archivers in Raleigh at Triangle Towne Center. It's right on Capital Blvd, which is US1. There's also a store called Scrapbook Plaza on Atlantic Springs Rd. Both lean more toward scrapbooking but have a fair amount of stamps & embellishments. Feel free to pm me if you need more info!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Thanks. I'm sure that I can find the info for the stores on the web. I just needed a place to start.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2006, 05:55 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a great big Stamp store called Enchanted cottage in Lewisville, NC. There's also stamp shack in Mooresville, NC but I have not been there. My friend loves Enchanted cottage but can spend way too much money there! HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Enchanted cottage is by far the biggest and best rubber stamp store around but unfortunately it is about 2 hours west of Raleigh. If you can make it it is well worth the drive! Other than that there is a store in North Raleigh called Raindrops on Roses. They started out as mostly a rubber stamping store and then got into the scrapbooking thing. There is also a place in Apex, NC called Artists Oasis. They have stamps, scrapbooking supplies and polymar clay supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Yep I was going to say Enchanted Cottage too! LOL
My in laws live in Lewisville just a mile from there....oh the fun I could have if I allowed myself in the store!!! LOL
It really is the coolest stamp store I have EVER been in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2006, 03:53 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Yes, I agree the Enchanted Cottage is a great place to shop. I live just a few miles from it. I go there sometimes on my way home so I don't have to get in all the traffic to go to AC Moore or Michael's. It's very convenient.

It is a bit far from Raleigh and out of the way going to Beaufort.
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.� Eleanor Roosevelt

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2006, 04:00 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Enchanted Cottage has a web site. Here is the link http://www.enchantedcottagenc.com/

I have never been there but from looking at their site I think I want to pay a visit. My parents are near Ashville - how far is that from Lewisville?
There is a small stamping store in the town my parents are in, but she has moved more toward altered books and other art, not many stamps left. Enchanted Cottage looks like a much better place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2006, 04:06 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWDStamp
Enchanted Cottage has a web site. Here is the link http://www.enchantedcottagenc.com/

I have never been there but from looking at their site I think I want to pay a visit. My parents are near Ashville - how far is that from Lewisville?
There is a small stamping store in the town my parents are in, but she has moved more toward altered books and other art, not many stamps left. Enchanted Cottage looks like a much better place.
It's about 2 1/2 hours from Ashville but worth the drive!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2006, 04:07 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBaker
Enchanted cottage is by far the biggest and best rubber stamp store around but unfortunately it is about 2 hours west of Raleigh. If you can make it it is well worth the drive! Other than that there is a store in North Raleigh called Raindrops on Roses. They started out as mostly a rubber stamping store and then got into the scrapbooking thing. There is also a place in Apex, NC called Artists Oasis. They have stamps, scrapbooking supplies and polymar clay supplies.
Unfortunately, RoR went out of business a few months ago.
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2006, 04:22 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The store in Mooresville is called Stampers Alley and I go there 2-3 times a year (I live about 2 hours away). I LOVE it, but Enchanted Cottage in probably closer to the area you're talking about. Enchanted Cottage is WONDERFUL!

Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2006, 11:59 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Enchanted cottage sure does sound divine, but I think that it is too much out of the way, at least for this trip to NC. Maybe when we are there at a more leisurly time of year I'll be able to go and check it out. Thanks for all of your advice though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2006, 05:44 PM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

If your husband and father-in-law take I-40 into Wilmington,NC then follow Rt. 17 into Myrtle Beach,SC, they can shop at "Artful Legacy" on 17 Business in Surfside, then continue on 17 to Beaufort. They could also take I-95 into Florence and pick up Rt. 17 into Myrtle Beach and then on to Beaufort on Rt.17.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

Default Stamp Stores Near Wilmington, NC

I'm going to be in Wilmington, NC (actuallly Southport) in October. Are there any stamp stores in that area? I did a search and it looks like the one in Wilmington has closed. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2010, 06:44 AM   #15  
ckm
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, I love this site! I live in NC near the coast near the SC line. My mom lives about 30 minutes from the Enchanted Cottage which I did not know about. The next time I visit her, I am going. I think everyone on this site who has visited a special/different store should tell everyone about it. I would not have wanted to miss the Enchanged Cottage!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by marysaraView Post
I'm going to be in Wilmington, NC (actuallly Southport) in October. Are there any stamp stores in that area? I did a search and it looks like the one in Wilmington has closed. Any suggestions?

There used to be two nice stamp/scrapbook stores in Wilmington. Both have closed. I only visit there, but I was there in April and found nothing new. There is an AC Moore which I visit because we don't have one in my part of Florida.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Enchanted Cottage is the BEST! Well worth the drive from Raleigh. I remember the first time I walked into their store - I thought I had died and gone to heaven. This is when I lived 3 hours away. Now I live about 40 minutes away. Yay for me, but woe to my wallet! Their selection is outstanding: stamps, ink, ink refills, paper, punches, Spellbinders, Copics, Cuttlebug accessories - you name it. They always have the newest stuff on the market. And if they don't have something you're looking for, they will order it for you. Their card samples are scrumptious! And their customer service is the best.

I treated myself the other day, and went there for leisurely browsing. I wanted a specific stamp (which they had), but I should have known better than to think I could get out of there with ONE stamp. I found the extended plates for the CB, plus a FEW other items I just couldn't do without. Ha!

Anyway, I'm a huge fan, and am so glad this is one mom-and-pop store that has been able to not only stay open, but keep their inventory up-to-date. Love Enchanted Cottage, and you're in for a treat if you ever get to go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2010, 08:44 AM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Artist Oasis in Apex (near Raleigh) has closed. Morrisville is actually quite a bit closer than Lewisville; however, that being said, a trip to Enchanted Cottage is entirely doable from Raleigh.

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 09:38 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Does anyone know of any rubber stamping stores near New Bern or Swansboro, N.C.? I'm looking for something other than Michaels or JoAnns, etc... I see there's a scrapbooking store close to Swansboro in Emerald Isle, but I do rubber stamping, not scrapbooking. Thanks! Joy
Reply With Quote Likes