Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-15-2007, 09:41 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Location: Margaritaville - I wish, Southern Indiana for real, but a Parrothead at heart.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Stamp Store, Portland, Maine

I will be in Portland, Maine next week and my mother slipped me some extra money because she "just knows there will be a stamp store there that I NEED to visit." I've searched the yellow pages on the internet and have come up with nothing. I feel certain that this cannot be possible - help, please? BB
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2007, 07:17 AM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad BevView Post
I will be in Portland, Maine next week and my mother slipped me some extra money because she "just knows there will be a stamp store there that I NEED to visit." I've searched the yellow pages on the internet and have come up with nothing. I feel certain that this cannot be possible - help, please? BB
I know there is one in Freeport, ME. Will have to go looking for the name and possibly address if you are interested. Freeport isn't that far - let me know if I should search...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2007, 09:29 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default stamp stores near Portland

Stamper's Delights is in Windham (about a 30-45 minutes drive from Portland)I haven't been to this particular one personally, but I have heard it has some interesting things to browse...

Stamps n' Stuff is in Freeport. I go just about every time I'm in town. They have some really great "Maine" themed stamps and other unique items. They are near L.L. Bean and some other great outlets as well. Again, Freeport is about 30-45 minutes from Portland.

Right in the Old Port (an area in downtown Portland) there are two interesting stores that carry unique stationery goods, but necessarily geared specifically towards crafters. I like to browse just to get inspired, and sometimes I pick up a thing or two. They are called Communiques and The Paper Patch.

Hope this helps! Have fun on your trip!
~Nichole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
I know there is one in Freeport, ME. Will have to go looking for the name and possibly address if you are interested. Freeport isn't that far - let me know if I should search...
The last time I was in Freeport that lovely little store had closed. Stop at the welcome center as you come into the state from the south. They will tell you how to get to a nice store(can't remember the name) that is close to the center.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is too late for your visit, but I'll post it here in case anyone searches.

About an hour or so north of Portland, Maine in Waterville, Maine is a store called: YardGoods Center. It is a really neat store! In addition to the thousands of rows of fabrics and yarns, she has thousands of wood mounted rubber stamps from all different companies. She has Stickles in every color and a bunch of punches and other accessories. Not much in the way of paper/scrapbooking paper, but tons of cute, cute stuff. Even though I'm a SU Demo, I spent way too much money!

It doesn't hurt that she was so super nice, letting my kids use the employee bathroom and giving them m&m's (with permission) while I was shopping. Just great, old-time customer service. Very fun! Well worth the trip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 07:52 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post

About an hour or so north of Portland, Maine in Waterville, Maine is a store called: YardGoods Center. It is a really neat store! In addition to the thousands of rows of fabrics and yarns, she has thousands of wood mounted rubber stamps from all different companies. She has Stickles in every color and a bunch of punches and other accessories. Not much in the way of paper/scrapbooking paper, but tons of cute, cute stuff. Even though I'm a SU Demo, I spent way too much money!

It doesn't hurt that she was so super nice, letting my kids use the employee bathroom and giving them m&m's (with permission) while I was shopping. Just great, old-time customer service. Very fun! Well worth the trip.
Thanks! I may just have to check this out when I take hubby to the Portland airport on Sat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I hope you like it as much as I did! Around here, there's nothing in the way of stuff that's "different", KWIM?

I appreciated the owner's outright bouyancy and love of her work. It was just fun.

Let me know what you think!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Location: Margaritaville - I wish, Southern Indiana for real, but a Parrothead at heart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post

Ended up I was so busy eating every lobster in site, that I never ever looked for any stamp stores, but thanks for letting me know. I really, really enjoyed Portland and hope to go back sometimes, so I'll keep this in mind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 12:40 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Well you didn't miss much Bev. They use to have a nice little store right in the Old Port, but it closed it's doors several years ago. They also had a stamp/scrap store just outside of So. Portland, but it too closed up shop last December. The Freeport store was fantastic, but once again closed it's doors. The closest stamp store that I can think of is in Kittery Maine. It's called Mainely Stamps. Nice little store. Only others I can think of are the craft stores, Mike's, AC Moore, They recently closed up another great craft store this past spring. I don't know what it is about the stores in our areas, but they never seem to stay in business very long. Perhaps by the next time you come here to visit they may be some new stores. Lets cross our fingers anyway.
Visit my Blog http://gbinette.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes