Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamp-a-stack help

Good evening one and all. Just a couple of ?? re having a stamp a stack event. I can comfortably have 8 people at home and have had a couple attempts at this. I need to know what the easiest way is to set up my tables. Do I have the guests play musical chairs and have them move around from seat to seat? That's what I've done in the past. I set the tables up so there were 8 different cards, 4 on each table. It seemed that some guests took a loooong time to do their cards and some were done and waiting. Is 8 too many? Should I have them make 2 each of 4 designs instead? Or 2 of 5? They loved it, but one girl was there 5 hours!!! I finally told her she could take her stuff and finish it at home (the gluing together!) And they weren't difficult, she just couldn't stamp and talk at the same time. ! Any helpful suggestions on how to make this go smoothly will be most appreciated. Thanks. Deb in PA
BTW, they were all-occasion cards (sympathy, get well, birthday, etc)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

I've been to 2 stamp a stacks at my upline's house. she can get as many as 15 I think in her workshop. how she does it is everyone sits in a seat. each table has 1 card type in a container (all paper pre-cut, stamps, inks, pens, punches, ribbon, dimensionals-etc) we make all of 1 card type, then it moves to another table. that continues till all 4 bins make their way around. it's not as chaotic as it sounds, but at least we're in a seat comfy and not moving all over.
hope that helps

and good luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Hi Deb, at my SASs I put all supplies in a box for each card and class participants usually work in small groups. My table (former life: pingpong) seats 12, and they stay in one seat but do get up to swap boxes.

I typically do 4 each of 4 cards and I do encourage the slower stampers to complete a full card so they have a sample but to complete their coloring, ribbon tying etc. at home.

You may get some additional input if you post this on the demo side.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

My co-demo have had up to 18 at a SAS but it's usually closer to 14 to 15. We do this in a library community room. It's small but not everyone comes at the same time. It hasn't been too crowded yet.

We set out two cards at each table (with all supplies) and people move around as they finish and go to the next open table. Our event lasts about 3 1/2 hours. They make six cards. Rarely does anyone have to wait long. If they do have to wait they just have a snack or make out their order. They are all basically experienced stampers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I love to go to stamp a stacks. My demo has 4 tables sat up, making 4 cards at each table. All the supplies and an example are at each table. When we get there, she has a bag of cards, supplies, envies ready for us. we move from table to table at out own pace. It is so fun!! Good luck with yours!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

My demo does stamp-a-stack with 8 cards (2 each of 4 designs). We usually stay seated, and she brings us the materials as we need them. She often has guests at two tables (she can fit 4-6 at each table), and she works with one table while her helper works with the other. Personally, I like not having to get up and move around. Once I'm comfy, I like to stay where I am and chat with those around me.

I often find it difficult to get all 8 cards done in 2 hours since we're all sharing supplies, but I know I have what I need at home to complete them if I don't get done at the workshop. Less experienced stampers might not have the supplies or the knowledge to complete them at home, so if you have a less-experienced crowd, you might want to do only 4 or 5 cards. I know some people like making duplicates (2 of each design), but I would rather have lots of different cards and ideas than a duplicate of the same card. You can always have a "bonus" card prepared in case your stampers are eager for more, and if you don't use the bonus card you can just add it to your next stamp-a-stack. Good luck!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes