Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #81  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amber...I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #82  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My crafting related New Year resolutions are to:

1. Use supplies I already own as much as possible
2. Set aside time specifically for stamping at least twice a month
3. Spend some time scrapbooking (I abandoned it for card making last year!)
4. Post pictures of cards I make to the SCS gallery--I have never done this before.

Now that I've shared this, hopefully that will be a step closer to making it all happen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

Dear Amber,
You are in my thoughts and prayers too.
I will pray for your surgeon and that you have a quick and complete recovery.
Sending you love and hugs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the kind words ladies...I love this hobby....
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #85  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Send more cards!

I have a pretty good stash of cards and in 2012 I want to send them! Besides the usual birthdays, thanks you's, etc, what are some of your suggestions of fun reasons to send cards? Any suggestions of who might enjoy a card, I'd like for it to be someone I know or a business I solicit? I don't have any family besides my DH and kiddos so that's why I'm looking for suggestions! I appreciate any suggestions you may have.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #86  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingqueenView Post
I have a pretty good stash of cards and in 2012 I want to send them! Besides the usual birthdays, thanks you's, etc, what are some of your suggestions of fun reasons to send cards? Any suggestions of who might enjoy a card, I'd like for it to be someone I know or a business I solicit? I don't have any family besides my DH and kiddos so that's why I'm looking for suggestions! I appreciate any suggestions you may have.....
Everyone responds positively to praise - so any one who you think about in a positive way, just pop a note inside and say you are thinking of them and why - from a great outfit they had on, to words of wisdom. There is no reason not to share more joy in the world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
My resolution is to live...and then make more cards. I am having a big surgery in February that because of heart issues my surgeon said I might not survive. I love love love to make cards to send to the soldiers and for our bookstore at church. I have met some of the most wonderful ladies making cards...this is just a special hobby.
blessings and best wishes for 2012.
Hello. Sorry to hear you are having heart problems that will require some very scary surgery! My Mom went through open heart surgery...twice in four years. She had numerous blockages taken care of the first time, and then three more blockages and the main valve replaced. Inbetween those surgeries, she also had to have both carotids done. Then my Dad had to have open heart surgery, which required two follow-up hospitalizations. They both survived the odds by the skin of their teeth. I hope you will have faith and BELIEVE you will recover and be healthier and better for it! Prayers and blessings to you. Big hugs, Gabby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophiecatView Post
I have at least 30 stamps that have never kissed ink! My goal this year is to use every stamp I have at least once. Even if I just use the stamp to decorate an envelope that will count. I just need to get into the habit of using my stamps as much as possible.
Hi ya! You're not alone. Here's to kissin that ink in 2012!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default MY 2012 CRAFT GOALS

Due to prevailing life and health situations, I decided to change things up this year and set my 2012 craft goals, to begin on or before 2/1/12.

My first goal for 2012 might be the hardest to achieve. I am trying to find a compartmentalized or divided organizer for my Ranger di pads (and refills if possible.) I haven't yet found an organizer that has the right size compartments for easy access. All that I have come across have compartments that are too big that allow the pads to slip back too far, making it very difficult to get them out. I currently have them in a large Iris container, stacked by color "family." It is so tedious to have to move a stack of five to get to the one I want. Plus, I have to keep the container flat so they don't get all jumbled up and that takes up too much space on my craft table. I would prefer something that will store them upright. Any suggestions?

My second goal is sort of the same as many of you have. It is to make one "major" holiday card per week. It can be Christmas, Halloween, or Thanksgiving/fall. Now I just have to decide whether to follow a specific weekly sketch challenge or just follow my own sketches.

My third goal is also the same as many of you have which is to STOP hoarding my cards and actually send them. I usually feel a "twang" of :( when I hear the envelope hit the bottom of the post box ... but then I feel happy knowing how surprised and glad that card will make the recipient. And how thrilled I'll be when I get an email or phone call from the recipient and I can "read" or "hear" them smiling! Go figure.

My fourth goal is likewise, one that many of you have. It is to keep using my HUGE cardstock, dp and supply stash and to buy very little, if any, more. Compared to previous years, I did really good in 2011. In 2011 I sold and/or donated well over 10,000 pieces and plan to do the same this year.

My fifth goal is to continue to find better ways to organize my supply drawers so I can find what I need more quickly than I do now. The drawers are organized by logic and labeled according to contents. Unfortunately, because what was logical to me the day I organized the drawer and made the label, might not be as logical the day I'm looking for something, I find myself re-buying little "stuff" that I can't put my finger on. It's impossible to write on the label, every single thing that is in the drawer. But, it's wasting time and $ re-buying things I can't find. Hmmm.

My sixth and final craft goal is to NOT get discouraged and to NOT rent a dumpster, open the windows, throw eveything in it, and faget-aboud-it! Heehee!

SUCCESS to all of us in achieving our 2012 Craft Resolutions/Goalsl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #90  
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Donnaml

I don't make resolutions because I never stick to them. But....some things I want to do are find a crafting group and join it. I don't have anyone to craft with right now. I also want to learn new techniques. I don't own alot so I can't say I won't spend but I want to use what I have or learn how to use it. I also want to make atleast 2 Christmas cards a week. I was so overwhelmed this past Christmas I never got done with all I needed to do.

Amber, you will definately be in my prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #91  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeechelleView Post
I'm right there with you on the 'using what I have'. It's not necessarily that I won't be buying anything, I just need to use what I get and stop saving it 'for something really special'.
I agree. I have paper that I've been saving for quit a while to use on "special" layouts. Well, now that I think of it, ALL my layouts and cards are very special, lol..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #92  
Matboard Maniac

I actually plan to create something other that "kiddo/teacher" project. The 200+ mass production of "goodie bags" has worn me out with 4 kiddos in 4 different schools!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #93  
Matboard Maniac

I am a firm believer in New Year's "resolutions", although I mostly think of them as goals. My crafting goals this year are to quit veering off into the no-mans land of New Ideas. Just hunker down and get busy updating my kids' albums. And, like so many others mentioned- NO NEW PAPER!
-c
stARTing over
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #94  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

my new mantra: "use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." (although I have a huge Memory Box order that I place on 12/28 at my LSS ) Also to make more cards and actually send them, especially Birthday cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #95  
Rubber Obsessor

My resolution is to be more organized, especially in terms of finances. I am trying to track every penny I spend. I am hopefully getting a new part-time job, so that should help. My goal is not to spend more than 1/12th of my monthly income on "discretionary spending". I also want to keep a minimum balance in my checking and savings accounts, and pay any obligations I owe, including repaying myself (my "art fund").
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #96  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabalotView Post
My first goal for 2012 might be the hardest to achieve. I am trying to find a compartmentalized or divided organizer for my Ranger di pads (and refills if possible.) I haven't yet found an organizer that has the right size compartments for easy access. All that I have come across have compartments that are too big that allow the pads to slip back too far, making it very difficult to get them out. I currently have them in a large Iris container, stacked by color "family." It is so tedious to have to move a stack of five to get to the one I want. Plus, I have to keep the container flat so they don't get all jumbled up and that takes up too much space on my craft table. I would prefer something that will store them upright. Any suggestions?
I don't know if this will help any or not, but I'm a distress ink fan and this is what I have done. Use a regular ink pad holder but place a block of wood about 1/2" x 1/2" x 3" in each spot that will have a distress pad, then put the ink pad in. The block can't be seen and stays in place but keeps all of my pads right up at the front of the storage unit where I can easily see them and grab them. Plus, if you already have a ink pad storage unit, it's a very cheap solution!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #97  
Stazon Splitcoast

I splurged and got myself a cricut and cartridges so my "resolution" is to play with them! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #98  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 260 Likes on 141 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bencer99View Post
The other thing I am trying to do is to make multiples of a card. If I have everything out I might as well make 4 cards at the same time. I find the part that takes the most time is coming up with the idea.
This is what I do as I make the birthday cards on my list for each month. Then I always have a "thinking of you" or "thank you" or whatever I may need, already on hand when the occasion arises. It is also nice to have a supply of cards with or without greetings to give as a quick gift or to donate to a cause when asked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #99  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChautonaView Post
I want to finish the card sketches so I can try my new challenge to myself. I'm calling it the "Friday Five."

I want to take a stamp or stamp set and create five totally different cards from it during the week and then post on Friday. Just to force myself to see versatility in cards and stamps.
I do this each month---I use one stamp or stamp set or type of stamp and make every person's B-day card different. Staying with a theme or stamp makes it easier on the amount of things you have to have out, although it still can get out of hand when you use different techniques on each, but I do have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #100  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 359 Likes on 228 Posts

My resolution is to do something creative every day.

Prayers and blessings on you, Amber. I hope your surgery goes well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #101  
Proud Fan Club Member

My New Years resolution is to use more patterned paper on my cards SOOO I made cards yesterday and I got out all this cool paper. I found it was to distracting to the stamps I wanted to use and I was back to simple background using EF. When I look through my gallery I seldom use any of the GORGEOUS papers that I have aquired and it is a shame. I also have vowed to try a challlenge this year. I have never participated iin one and I'll bet that will get me using my papers.
I also spend HOURS looking for a stamp I know I have. In the last week I wasted time looking for the New Years stamp I bought last year that was on my desk most of the year and then decided to put it in that special place... you know the one that you can't remember where it is? I have misplaced a brand new die and I even looked through my stack of Christmas papers thinking It might be there (and of course the trash). In response to making Christmas all year I think it is a great idea BUT I put all my christmas stamps and papers and dies away after christmas because I don't have room for them to be out year round. Consequently I don't get my cards done on time which is why I was looking for my new years stamp! I loved all the posts above because it makes me feel normal...:-)

"She who lives with the most JOY wins!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #102  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonw1View Post
My New Years resolution is to use more patterned paper on my cards SOOO I made cards yesterday and I got out all this cool paper. I found it was to distracting to the stamps I wanted to use and I was back to simple background using EF. When I look through my gallery I seldom use any of the GORGEOUS papers that I have aquired and it is a shame. I also have vowed to try a challlenge this year. I have never participated iin one and I'll bet that will get me using my papers.
I also spend HOURS looking for a stamp I know I have. In the last week I wasted time looking for the New Years stamp I bought last year that was on my desk most of the year and then decided to put it in that special place... you know the one that you can't remember where it is? I have misplaced a brand new die and I even looked through my stack of Christmas papers thinking It might be there (and of course the trash). In response to making Christmas all year I think it is a great idea BUT I put all my christmas stamps and papers and dies away after christmas because I don't have room for them to be out year round. Consequently I don't get my cards done on time which is why I was looking for my new years stamp! I loved all the posts above because it makes me feel normal...:-)
This made me laugh/cry because it sounds so much like me. Someone told me to say out loud to myself where I was putting such and such item as I did it, and it does seem to help. For example: "I'm putting this New Year's stamp with my Christmas stamps because I will be using it right after I'm done with my Christmas cards." HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #103  
Matboard Maniac

Oh my word...me too...I was just telling my DH yesterday that I am so frustrated b/c I seem to spend my whole life "finding" stuff that I just had/saw. AARRGGHHH!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #104  
Rubber Obsessor

A couple of weeks ago, I actually found a Spellbinders die that I got before I even had a Big Shot or anything other die cut machine. I bought it two years ago and havent seen it since.

The sad thing is, I remember what I was thinking when I bought it - "I can just trace around the die and then cut out the shape." Geez was I niave or what?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #105  
Rubber Obsessor

This post is in answer to stampinqueen's earlier post - I didn't do the quote thing right so I am just typing this note in.

I actually send cards to everyone I know. It started with my mom, dad and sister. Then my dad asked me to send cards to a couple of his friends because they were either down or sick. Then I started sending cards to my scrapbooking buddies. Then I remembered a couple of cousins. And I even started sending cards to an organization called "Birthday Buddies"- I send cards all year round not just at their birthdays.

Also, there is a thread someone on this site that lists an organization each month so people can send cards to various recipients.

I am always surprised when people thank my profusely for my cards. I mean who doesn't like to get mail that isn't a bill, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #106  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

stampingqueen - it is always fun to send a card to someone who has done something special for you, even from years ago like a teacher that helped you out to a former coworker or boss who made a good impression for something they did. Everyone loves to get pony mail in today's email world.

Also there are several groups that accept donations of ready made cards. I have a couple of suggestions if you would like to email me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #107  
Stazon Splitcoast

Also hi-jacking the thread for a quick commercial -

I am hosting a Weight Watchers Points Plus Recipe swap. It's due date is 3-15-2012 and is a 3+1. I'd love to have some more swappers. Please check out the link in my siggy block. Anyone who joins over the weekend will get a prezzie in their return.

Thanks so much for your attention.

I now return you to normal broadcasting. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #108  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Jasonw1 - Oh my ! I am in Redlands! You are so close! I also have more patterned paper then I can use in a lifetime! I hoard, then use, then hoard some more! Nice to meet you! You do Stampin up at all?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #109  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnvalView Post
Oh my word...me too...I was just telling my DH yesterday that I am so frustrated b/c I seem to spend my whole life "finding" stuff that I just had/saw. AARRGGHHH!!!
I so relate to that. I am constantly looking for ... or just giving up and purchasing new. How frustrating! I'm planning to get in my craft cave and and get it all purged and organized. I'd love to have it where I know what I have at all times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #110  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttembyView Post
Jasonw1 - Oh my ! I am in Redlands! You are so close! I also have more patterned paper then I can use in a lifetime! I hoard, then use, then hoard some more! Nice to meet you! You do Stampin up at all?
MoVal here. We're all practically neighbors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 02:14 AM   #111  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

My resolution is to not buy products online so much on impulse just because I see a card made with a particular stamp or die or designer paper - and then it snowballs because I add more to my basket to make it worth paying the postage. I need to sit back, take a breath and think about it. Sure, I love new things - and I love to get crafty goodies in the mail - but I'm sure I could make do with what I already have 90% of the time. And when you aren't handing over the cash from your purse because you are buying online, you don't feel like you are spending very much - that's the trap!

For Amber: I will remember you in my prayers Amber and hope you will recover from your surgery quickly and with no complications - {{hugs}}.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #112  
Glitter Queen

I don't do so well with resolutions, but goal-setting? I can do that!
I'm going to purge one more time - I've finally got a good idea of what works for me, and what doesn't, so I don't need to keep or buy stuff that isn't "me". I sold a lot last year, and one more sale should do it.
I'm also going to make a "keeper" card for every card that I really love - if I want to make more cards like it 6 months down the road, I've got an example to follow. I really need to replenish my box of completed cards too, so having an example on hand should make that process a little faster!
I've also got a lot of special DP that has been saved for..... I don't remember what. If I can't find a use for it, I'll share it with my card-making sisters and friends, or donate to a program that needs cheap/free supplies.
Finally, I'm hoping to start making my Christmas cards earlier. I make cards for 3 or 4 very different sets of people, and some of those cards are very quick and easy, so I should be able to start before Dec. 1st! I do try to get one new focal stamp or set for some of my Christmas cards, so those cards will have to wait until the Christmas-sy stamps come out in late fall - but if the bulk of the card-making is done by then, I should have them all done by early December.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #113  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by janbinView Post
I don't do so well with resolutions, but goal-setting? I can do that!
I'm going to purge one more time - I've finally got a good idea of what works for me, and what doesn't, so I don't need to keep or buy stuff that isn't "me". I sold a lot last year, and one more sale should do it.
I'm also going to make a "keeper" card for every card that I really love - if I want to make more cards like it 6 months down the road, I've got an example to follow. I really need to replenish my box of completed cards too, so having an example on hand should make that process a little faster!
I've also got a lot of special DP that has been saved for..... I don't remember what. If I can't find a use for it, I'll share it with my card-making sisters and friends, or donate to a program that needs cheap/free supplies.
Finally, I'm hoping to start making my Christmas cards earlier. I make cards for 3 or 4 very different sets of people, and some of those cards are very quick and easy, so I should be able to start before Dec. 1st! I do try to get one new focal stamp or set for some of my Christmas cards, so those cards will have to wait until the Christmas-sy stamps come out in late fall - but if the bulk of the card-making is done by then, I should have them all done by early December.
Call them resolutions or goals, yours are great! Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #114  
Stazon Splitcoast

I FINALLY GOT STARTED!!!

My goal for this year was to re-claim, clean, organize, purge, decorate & repair (as my budget will allow) 1 room of my house a month.

Yesterday I finally got a start. The room is planned to be our guest room. I finally got my dd2 over to get her things put in the attic and switch the bed that was in there for a larger one (unfortunately the frame I had was for a queen not a double so new frame around the end of the month :( ). Now I just have to finish the sort & purge but that will only take about an hour or so AND I have to make the new curtains and pillows & that kind of thing (about another couple of hours or so) and the room will be satisfactory to me. I still have a couple of other things I need to do but I will have to wait until I can afford to do them AND have my sil here to help. But I'll be happy with the room where it is once I get that last 1/2 day's work done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #115  
Embossing Fanatic

I have several resolutions:
1. Organize all my supplies, which are right now spread across 2 rooms and closets (placed in one room when we moved, but am actually doing the work in the room next door!)
2. Make cards ahead of time for holidays, birthdays, etc. instead of the night before (or morning of) that they should be sent out
3. To actually start my honeymoon scrapbook (honeymoon was 2 1/2 years ago) and use some of my cool stamps/supplies in it
4. To spend less money on new supplies and use up some of the ones that I have
5. To stop just pinning things on Pinterest and actually make something with all of the inspirations I have already pinned ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #116  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lianne - sounds like you have some really good goals for the year. I think I need to learn more about Pinterest and what it is all about. I've heard all kinds of things about it but have not ventured there, yet.

Good luck with your goals to everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #117  
Hardware Hotshot

A goal this winter, is to index my stamps. I'm starting with digital because i can't remember what company has what. Everything else has been on hold for awhile. Maybe next winter, my wooden stamps.
To use more designer paper, instead of just saving it. I do our church ministry, so I get rid of more cards now.Be more spenidng conscienteous, and selective with what I spend on this hobby

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #118  
Stazon Splitcoast

Love this thread..thanks for all the kind words and prayers ladies...
Surgery scheduled for 2/22/12. They are pretty much rebuilding my entire spine. I have disks that are missing chunks that just went away. The disks will be removed and replaced with wire cages...the surgery without the disk replacements was 10-12 hours...I have no idea how long the new part added will take...add in heart issues....oh well..it is in Gods hands. hugs.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #119  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Surgery scheduled for 2/22/12. They are pretty much rebuilding my entire spine. I have disks that are missing chunks that just went away. The disks will be removed and replaced with wire cages...the surgery without the disk replacements was 10-12 hours...I have no idea how long the new part added will take...add in heart issues....oh well..it is in Gods hands. hugs.
blessings.
Prayers to you and especially the days and weeks surrounding this date.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #120  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

blessings.
Hugs & Prayers to you. Please keep us updated. We are all here for you.

Reply With Quote Likes