Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Cool or not cool? That is the question!
Cool, I like it!!! Keep it! 85 97.70%
Not cool; ditch it! 2 2.30%
There are better slide show options for blogs . . . 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2006, 09:22 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Slide Show, opinions requested

Keep it (enhances)? Ditch it (annoying)?

Better options out there for slide shows???

:oops: See now this is how bad I am:

First, I misspelled show.

Then, I forgot to include the link to my blog, which is HERE.

:rolleyes:

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited by JulieHRR; 06-03-2006 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: Serious techno-tard errors
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 09:35 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I voted for keep it because I like how it has the option of playing or not playing. I don't like the slide shows that load as soon as you enter the blog. I like to have the choice. But....

Although I love the song, I found myself dancing to it instead of looking at the cards, so maybe something more mellow?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 09:39 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Definitely keep it! I thought it was really great and the song makes me happy and I sang along to the whole thing! You can always stop it or turn the volume down if you don't like it but I can't imagine why you would. I loved it, the pictures, the song everything!

Last edited by kimber4m; 06-03-2006 at 09:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 09:39 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Saw it last night...I'm diggin' it! Love the song, too!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 09:43 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Julie1

I liked it. It was fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 09:53 AM   #6  
Postapalooza Princess

Definitely keep it. I love the music with it and I love the option to play or not play it. Very fun blog Julie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 09:56 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Julie, I love it! Me, who normally HATES music on websites, lol! Keep it. It's clear enough how to mute the music if someone wanted to. It's wonderful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 10:02 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I loved it! The music is great - very upbeat and it conveys how happy you are when you're stamping (I'm guessing!).

Member #32310
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 10:07 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you kidding?? It was awesome. If I could figure out how to comment directly on the blog I would have. Music and super fab cards -- what more could a stamper want???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 10:09 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am with Joan... you must be joking! It is great. My dd and I just sat here and sang, she danced and we looked at the most beautiful cards! What could be better than that!!

OH and btw Julie....dd said you are beautiful!!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 10:18 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

I think it's a clever little do-hicky to have, however, I'm not sure if I really cared for it?

I couldn't get it to play music for me. That's okay for me because I don't normally care for music when I go onto a website. By the comments posted about your song, it was probably really fun. :-) I wish I could have heard it.

I did see your gorgeous cards in the slide show but I think I'd just prefer to see them posted instead of moving in and out. I'm not sure if that makes sense but sometimes I want to quickly glance at a card and other times I might want to really study a card. With a slide show, you don't have that kind of option. The slide show was kinda small. I didn't notice if you could view it larger or not. Are the same cards posted elsewhere?

Another thought is, do you have to update it often? Is it really time consuming for you to do so? Do you have to pay for it?

So, I guess, my opinion would be, if it were me, not to go with it. Although, it doesn't hurt it just being there and available for those who would like it. Otherwise, your blog is totally awesome.!!! I always enjoy it when I visit!
:-) :-)

Have a stamp-happy day!

Alexa says I'm her mommy's Pretend Stamping Friend....what an honor!

�What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 10:30 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

I love it!!! You are soooo talented!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 10:30 AM   #13  
Embossing Fanatic

When I click on your link I get a page cannot be displayed???????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by happystamper05
I think it's a clever little do-hicky to have, however, I'm not sure if I really cared for it?
I have it set up so that you don't have to view or listen to it, unless you choose to. Is the icon for the player visually annoying to you?

Quote:

I couldn't get it to play music for me. That's okay for me because I don't normally care for music when I go onto a website. By the comments posted about your song, it was probably really fun. I wish I could have heard it.
There are some browsers that it may not play on, but I'm not sure how to remedy that . . .

Quote:

I did see your gorgeous cards in the slide show but I think I'd just prefer to see them posted instead of moving in and out. I'm not sure if that makes sense but sometimes I want to quickly glance at a card and other times I might want to really study a card. With a slide show, you don't have that kind of option. The slide show was kinda small. I didn't notice if you could view it larger or not. Are the same cards posted elsewhere?
Totally makes sense! Almost all the cards in the slide show have been posted in my albums so you can view them either way.

Yes, there is a button to view a more enlarged version of the slide show, in the upper right corner of the player icon.

Quote:

Another thought is, do you have to update it often? Is it really time consuming for you to do so? Do you have to pay for it?
I only installed the free version; if I want more deluxe options and capabilities, I will have to upgrade to paid version, of course. I just wanted to test-drive it and see what it was like, UKWIM?

It does take a while to upload the photos into the show, and to figure out how many photos are taken to make sure they ride out the selected song. I didn't realize that the song I had chosen was so LONG! :shock: LOL! It's nearly 4 minutes!!! I may have to pick a shorter song, but I just love that one and it makes me so happy when I hear it! :mrgreen:

Quote:

So, I guess, my opinion would be, if it were me, not to go with it. Although, it doesn't hurt it just being there and available for those who would like it. Otherwise, your blog is totally awesome.!!! I always enjoy it when I visit!
:-) :-)

Have a stamp-happy day!
I liked that it offered a choice between automatically launching when a visitor arrives (I personally did NOT want that because of the music, as other folks have mentioned, altho visually, I wouldn't mind it), but you have to have the paid version for that option. I wonder if there's a way to have no music at all. But, the viewer does have the option to mute it easily, if they don't like it, so that's good . . .

Thank you for your feedback, and your kind comments on the blog. I'm so glad you enjoy your visits there!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 10:40 AM   #15  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I liked it. I LOVED all the cards in there too.

On another note. What is amuseapalooza? I clicked on the link and got page not found. Just wondering...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #16  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn

On another note. What is amuseapalooza? I clicked on the link and got page not found. Just wondering...
That was going to be my question too! I think Julie is just being a tease and wanted to see if we'd click on that link while there as well! ;)

Ok Miss Julie... SPILL IT! What is amuseapalooza???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 10:57 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
I have it set up so that you don't have to view or listen to it, unless you choose to. Is the icon for the player visually annoying to you?

There are some browsers that it may not play on, but I'm not sure how to remedy that . . .

Totally makes sense! Almost all the cards in the slide show have been posted in my albums so you can view them either way.

Yes, there is a button to view a more enlarged version of the slide show, in the upper right corner of the player icon.

I only installed the free version; if I want more deluxe options and capabilities, I will have to upgrade to paid version, of course. I just wanted to test-drive it and see what it was like, UKWIM?

It does take a while to upload the photos into the show, and to figure out how many photos are taken to make sure they ride out the selected song. I didn't realize that the song I had chosen was so LONG! :shock: LOL! It's nearly 4 minutes!!! I may have to pick a shorter song, but I just love that one and it makes me so happy when I hear it! :mrgreen:

I liked that it offered a choice between automatically launching when a visitor arrives (I personally did NOT want that because of the music, as other folks have mentioned, altho visually, I wouldn't mind it), but you have to have the paid version for that option. I wonder if there's a way to have no music at all. But, the viewer does have the option to mute it easily, if they don't like it, so that's good . . .

Thank you for your feedback, and your kind comments on the blog. I'm so glad you enjoy your visits there!!!
Julie,
Wow, you're so sweet to take the time to explain all this to me. I'm so glad I didn't make you sad. I'm terrible in trying to type what I'm thinking. Somehow, going from brain to fingers - it sometimes gets messed up along the way.

No, visually the icon doesn't annoy me. If it flashed or something, it might.

I'm not sure why I couldn't get sound. I checked to see if mute was selected on my volume - it wasn't. I'll check again later.

Okay, now I'll definitely check again later. I like the idea of viewing it larger. My 43 year old eyeballs really struggle these days. I also still want to hear this cool song. :-)

Have a stamp-happy day! :-)

�What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 11:19 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn

I'm such a tech-tard. I tinkered with it. Will you see if the link is working proper now?

Ever since I figured out how to hyper-link, I hyperlink *everything*! :oops:

I wanna learn how to put a custom banner on my blog now--boy, there goes the learning curve!!! :rolleyes: ROTFL!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #19  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by happystamper05
I'm so glad I didn't make you sad. I'm terrible in trying to type what I'm thinking. Somehow, going from brain to fingers - it sometimes gets messed up along the way.
Sad? No, not at all, my friend! You were very helpful!!!

Quote:

No, visually the icon doesn't annoy me. If it flashed or something, it might.
Yeah, I don't like flashing stuff either; gives me a head-ache and it even raises the hackles on the back of my neck, too. snort!

Quote:

I'm not sure why I couldn't get sound. I checked to see if mute was selected on my volume - it wasn't. I'll check again later.

Okay, now I'll definitely check again later. I like the idea of viewing it larger. My 43 year old eyeballs really struggle these days. I also still want to hear this cool song.

Have a stamp-happy day! :-)
Oh, DANG, tell me about it!!! I like to pretend I'm 27 on any given day pffffffffffffttttt! ;) , but my 43 yr. old eyes tell me I *need* bifocals . . . ack. :rolleyes:

Meantime, back at ya' on the stamp-happy day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #20  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
I'm such a tech-tard. I tinkered with it. Will you see if the link is working proper now?

Ever since I figured out how to hyper-link, I hyperlink *everything*! :oops:

I wanna learn how to put a custom banner on my blog now--boy, there goes the learning curve!!! :rolleyes: ROTFL!!!!
Thank you. It's all fixed now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes it is working now ! Thanks!!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 11:45 AM   #22  
Watercolor Wizard

Link's working! So is this only available at stamp stores or do any of the strip mall craft stores have a muse stamps?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 12:06 PM   #23  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

It's occurring at their list of participating stores, which are listed there at the site. But, if there's no store near you that's doing it, you can still get in on some of the things they have going on there at the site? They have some drawings, etc, for cool fun stuff/prizes, etc. :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

I really like it. You have some really cute cards on there and I was boping my head to the music too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

Just watched your slide show and was rockin' to the music. I enjoyed it so much. DH is nearby and said "what is on your computer?" I said The QUEEN of rubber stamping, of course.

Glenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #26  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Hey, there's a "no" vote, but you didn't explain why I should ditch it. Please LMK why you don't like that feature--I really would appreciate knowing why! Really!

Is it too long? Bad viewing quality (this could be due to my photography skills and I noted that some of the photos were kinda blurry and this may be because I downsized 'em too much for proper resolution)?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #27  
Mad Swapper

Great job, Julie. Beautiful selections, HAPPY song! i have an iBookG4 that took nearly six minutes to play it for me. Of course, the replay was fantastic.

I loved the zoom ins and the really close up views of the faves of mine; you could actually see all the details that were difficult to see in the other galleries. That movement made me feel happy and the timing is perfect. There were some moments when you get the feeling that you could actually feel and touch the cards themselves.

The best part is the choice of the first card. Certainly celery! It just blends in with everything making it not as distracting as it might be, to people who prefer not to view it.

Learning curves, indeed! TFS yet another treat!

P.S. I could re-read "when it rains.." over and over again ! Pulls at the heartstrings and makes me glittery too!

Last edited by twinks; 06-03-2006 at 02:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 02:00 PM   #28  
Insane Embellisher

I loved the cards, of course! I love the clean lines of your designs (the shabby chic that is all the rage in some of the popular mags just don't appeal to me).

I liked the slideshow even better once I figured out I could use the slider to go back to a card I wanted to check out further and then select the pause button.

I only wish I could make the image even larger than the one I got by selecting the icon in the corner. My eyes are older than yours are. :mrgreen:

Mary Ann

~~ My slowly growing gallery ~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 03:06 PM   #29  
Forum Fanatic

I loved it! Thought it was really cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 03:10 PM   #30  
Glitter Guru

JulieHRR quote: "Oh, DANG, tell me about it!!! I like to pretend I'm 27 on any given day pffffffffffffttttt! ;) , but my 43 yr. old eyes tell me I *need* bifocals . . . ack. :rolleyes:"

LOL...
Sniff, sniff.... I do have bifocals. I had no choice but to get them about 3 years ago. Thankfully, they're the ones with the "hidden" line so no one really can tell.
Ack, I'm too young for bifocals, I tell ya! Gotta admit, they do help :-)

I'm still gonna check out the slide show but a little later. Just did a ton of yard work and now I gotta do the dinner thing...

eta: the quote thing didn't work for me so I added it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 03:50 PM   #31  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to BadSherry

These trifocal eyes loved it! The music was very upbeat and I found myself doing a little seat dance along with the slide show. Watched it once wishing that it were bigger, then saw at the top I could make it bigger, so watched it again. Great little feature to add to you blog -- I actually saved the info on it to my favorites to see if I could learn more about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

I think it was great. I liked how it zoomed in on cards. Not knowing to much about this stuff, it looks very well done and pleasant to watch. Great way to see a bunch of cards. You just need to add some new cards because I visit your gallery so much I think I have them all memorized! I have you to thank for my new addiction to A Muse stamps. Thank you for sharing your talent with the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 04:55 PM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

I also thought it was great!!! It kind of makes you want to get up and get your cards done. I have to go to Addicted to Scrapbooking first, but, then I will get busy. Great!!!!!!!!
Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 05:10 PM   #34  
Glitter Guru

KEEP IT!!! I love the song, love your cards & I think your blog is the bomb!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2006, 09:16 PM   #35  
Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, it's great! Absolutely a keeper.

I think your blog is beautiful. I enjoyed spending time there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2006, 04:43 AM   #36  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

J,

I love that song! It is one of my favorites too! Way cool, once again you are amazing!
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2006, 06:56 AM   #37  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as the song being too long - that thought never crossed my mind. I was loving it so much, I really wish it had been longer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2006, 07:07 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yesterday I went to your site and clicked play. I had no idea it had sound and I had my volume all the way up (I like my music LOUD). Scared me so bad I almost dropped the laptop off my lap! My DH was sound asleep in the chair next to me, he jumped out of thet chair so fast he almost fell down..... All in all it was pretty funny. I found my mute button, and we settled back down. I really liked the slideshow. However I will wait till DH leaves to PUMP UP THE VOLUME!

Friends are like the walls of a house. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes you lean on them. But sometimes, it's enough to know they're just standing by.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2006, 08:33 AM   #39  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Julie -

I loved it and your blog is awesome!!!! You are so very talented!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2006, 04:14 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile Unanimous at our house.....

We Love it!
"We" means myself and our almost 6yo, who danced through the whole song!
It Rocks!
Reply With Quote Likes