Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-11-2005, 11:38 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrapbooking More than one picture

Hi! I have seen some great scrapbook layouts but most of them feature one or two photos. What would you all suggest I do with the 10 or so others I have of the same event? I thought of making a general two page spread that matched and then include (following the spread) a nice arrangement of the rest of the photos with a small amount of journaling. I was thinking of not really making the pictures following the spread in any special arrangement - just putting them on the page for others to enjoy. Any suggestions for this type of problem? Thanks for your help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 11:54 AM   #2  
LL
Rubber Obsessor

Default scrapbook pages

Two page layouts work great! Ideas to spice them up... crop your photos to make a collage effect, use photo software and print them in smaller size, use a rotating wheel and window system to showcase different photos or Michaels carries flip books for your pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I do what I call a 'mini album' and attach it to the layout. I do the album so it looks like steps, so that you can tell there are other photos to view and people will flip through it. Its really fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 12:21 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

If you can pick up the Creating Keepsakes special publication called "Sketches by Becky Higgins" there are tons of layout sketches categorized by anywhere from 3 or 4 photos to 10 or more. It's a great resource that I use for inspiration all of the time.

Visit AmbersCraftyCorner

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 12:26 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConnorandJacob'sMom
If you can pick up the Creating Keepsakes special publication called "Sketches by Becky Higgins" there are tons of layout sketches categorized by anywhere from 3 or 4 photos to 10 or more. It's a great resource that I use for inspiration all of the time.
I second this, this is a great book, I very rarely use just one or 2 pictures on a page but this helps if you have bunch of pictures and just want it to be a 2 page spread

I now have a gallery!! www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/miss_missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 12:30 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Personally I find it more of a challenge to scrapbook only one or two photos so I tend to have 10 or more for a layout - I decide if it is one or two pages based on the size of the pictures..... NOW I also do not spend a ton of money on one page - another words I do not embellish a page up like some of the magazines do.....that would be way too expensive for me considering I have at least 1000 photos per year to scrapbook!

I crop my pictures, lay them on a page, decide on colors and embelishments (stickers, stamps etc) and make up a layout!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 12:41 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

This site has a majority of 6x6 pages which only fit one or two pictures. Standard 8 1/2 x 11 or 12 x 12 allow many more. I have attached the layout I did of my daughters birthday party last year. I used a 2" punch for the pictures on the right and then made an accordian book of sorts on the left page to hold pictures of her and her guests (10 total) with the pots and flowers they made. When tied with a ribbon, it sits flat in the album. I cut a rectangular opening in the page protector so that the ribbon can be untied and all the pictures seen. I will attach some pictures. HTH

karen
Attached Thumbnails
Scrapbooking More than one picture-jen_s_nine.jpg   Scrapbooking More than one picture-jen_s_nine2.jpg  

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/kzimbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 12:57 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

I also like to scrapbook a lot of photos from one event, because I get trigger-happy when I'm behind a camera.

I used to incorporate flip-out bookletss (from Quickitz, which I think is a ProvoCraft product) in my layouts until I found that having three or four of these bookletss in one scrapbook made it more awkward to look through the scrapbook than I cared for.

I have noticed that a lot of the "lotsa photos layouts" in magazines require cropping the photos into small squares (ie. 2" by 2"), which doesn't work that well for me. I am glad it works so well for others! I'm jealous! I just can't let go of the details in my photos that easily.

For me, one of the more crucial factors for creating a layout with many photos I'm happy with is organisation. If you colour block and group your photos in some way, that makes the layout seem a lot less like a traditional photo album.

For example, if you have five or six photos you'd like to put on one page, you could break the page up into three horizontal bands of different papers, and have two photos and a little journaling block per band. I have also colour-blocked a two-page layout so that each page has 4 squares of different papers, and then put photos on some squares and journaling or an embellishment on the others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 01:03 PM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions. I am off to find the Creative Memories book that was mentioned. I appreciate your help! Have a great one! Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 02:15 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

It's not Creative Memories, it's "Creating Keepsakes" --- the magazine. One of their contributors is Becky Higgins, and she has a book of sketches, most of them are for LOs (2 pagers) with lots of photos. You can check out my SCS gallery for some LOs based on her sketches, or you could go to this link.
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/albu...album_id=31812
I often participate in a challenge based on her sketches on that site. There's a woman there who posts 2 new sketches a week. Search the term "BH" in the gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

I often scrap 4 or more pictures on one page. The key is to really crop the pictures down. Cut off all of the parts that don't add to the focal point!

If your pictures come from digital files, you can also "gang up" more than one image on a print. My favorites are to put 4 (2 x 3 inches each) or 6 (2 inch square) images on a 4 x 6 print and then put the main image on it's own 4 x 6 or even 8 x 6 print.

I can't seem to put only one image on a page unless it's an 8 x 10 portrait!
Heather, proud SCS member #132
Gallery
- Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 02:57 PM   #12  
Glitter Queen

I too take tons of pictures of single events and love using the Color Blocking technique when I am putting a lot of pictures on a page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 04:00 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Becky Higgins is coming out with a Sketches II book. You can go to the Creating Keepsakes website right now and see "56" samples. Some of them show up to 20 photos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

You can get a TON of her sketches on line. I have them all shrunken and catagorized into how many photoes per layout on a 2 page word document. I then put it in a page protector and pull it out all the time when I'm scrapping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 04:55 PM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenhenry
You can check out my SCS gallery for some LOs based on her sketches, or you could go to this link.
OMG, Jen, your pages are AWESOME! Great work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

What awesome ideas!!!! I do pages with lots of photos,too. Thanks so much for this thread. I have to check out all the books and layouts online now!
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 05:59 PM   #17  
Embossing Fanatic

I just finished scrapbooking the reception guests in my wedding scrapbook. I had so many pictures that I decided to split them up into groups: family-bride, family-groom, school friends, etc. I then used the same color combinations on all the two-page spreads, but all the pages were different. Using the same colors was an easy way to have them somewhat coordinate, but be different at the same time.
Reply With Quote Likes