Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Punch Storage Ideas

I am in need of some suggestions for storing all of my punches. Right now I have them thrown in a basket & I can't tell which ones I have. I would like to come up with some sort of system that I can hang them on the wall. Do you know of anywhere tha I can purchase something like this or make from scratch? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

I too, am in the same boat as you! We are in the middle of redoing our basement, and when I redo my craft room, I plan on getting some chrome towel racks to place all of my punches on. I have seen this idea before and I like that I can look up and see all of my punches. I will try to find a link of what this looks like and if I do, I will post it for you to see. I have also heard of people buying over the door shoe holders, and putting their punches in the different pouches that would normally hold shoes. Hope this helps

I design for Heartfelt Creations,
The Stamps Of Life
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I used to have my punches in an over-the-door shoe holder, but I am living now where I don't have a door to hang it on. I searched awhile ago & a lot of people have suggested rods from IKEA; Bed, Bath & Beyond; and Linens & Things. I am going to see if I can find something that I can make out of dowel rods.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

HEREis a link to the bar system i use in my studio. They are from the Bygel sytem in the kitchen area at Ikea. they are about $1-$3 eac the baskets and cups are about $1-4. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2008, 01:26 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Default Container store...

has these clear storage drawers that are great. I have my punches in them and can see right through them to what I am looking for. These drawers are made for sweaters and shoes so if you look on their website that's what they should be under. I liked the rod system and the pouch that hangs over the door but had no door or wall space.
HTH
Tonya
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi...I also was in need of a way to show my punches let alone where to put them. So, I purchased a shoe holder at Wall Mart and it was one that is not plastic at all...it is made of open weave cloth with the snap type holes at the top. My husband placed 4 screws that would hold heavy things like this with so many punches, along with taking the tabs on the sides and pulling them out and putting screws in them, so the hanger won't lean forward. It works great!! Each row comes with 3 pouches with back pouch behind each one a little higher than the front. With the open weave, I placed my punches along with grouping them to the front, so I can see what I need just looking up. It really does work great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2008, 03:05 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stigmom6View Post
HEREis a link to the bar system i use in my studio. They are from the Bygel sytem in the kitchen area at Ikea. they are about $1-$3 eac the baskets and cups are about $1-4. HTH!
Thanks for the great picture! I really like how you organized your work space. We have a new IKEA close by so I may have to go check it out when our basement is to the point of my moving my stuff into my new room

I design for Heartfelt Creations,
The Stamps Of Life
Reply With Quote Likes