Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: What do you think of SU's new vinyl wall decor line?
Love it! Can't wait to buy! 290 33.30%
Not thrilled... wish it had been more stamping/scrapbooking stuff 440 50.52%
I haven't decided yet. 141 16.19%
Voters: 871. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2008, 08:37 AM   #121  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
What is "NSHO" and "HO"?
Not So Honest Opinion and Honest Opinion

Visit My Stampin' Up! Website!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #122  
Die Cut Diva

"NSHO" :

Not so humble opinion

I am guessing that Jessi thought it meant honest

Quote:

What is "NSHO" and "HO"?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2008, 08:56 AM   #123  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh! Okay, thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #124  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm terrible with abbreviations too...but sometimes I'll just figure them out in the context of whatever post. I get so excited when that happens. You should've seen me when I figured out ROFL - you would've thought I won the lottery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #125  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahbe492View Post
I'm terrible with abbreviations too...but sometimes I'll just figure them out in the context of whatever post. I get so excited when that happens. You should've seen me when I figured out ROFL - you would've thought I won the lottery.
I did try to figure them out :twisted: All I came up with was National Summit Health Organization :twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #126  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessi_andrewView Post
...I don't believe that SU! has made being a demo unattractive...I myself just joined in Feb...
I was a demo for over five years.

While SU! may be "...in-line..." with other companies, a great deal changed 18-months to two years ago. You would have had to be a demo then to understand what has been taken away and what has changed. So while it may be attractive to *you*, thousands of us quit our demoships because the changes no longer enabled us to sustain even our own purchases.

IMNSHO = In My Not-So-Humble Opinion. I'm sure you're not the only one who would like to see my "humble" opinion, but I don't have those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoever
...I wasn't talking about BUYING - not a new tent, or mac n cheese, or cards...
We're *NOT* talking about buying? Gee, I thought that this is what all of this hoopla was about. Buy or don't buy...like or don't like...sell or don't sell. It's certainly not about standing around cheering for the most stupid ""...new product line..." ever to be released by a rubber stamp company! ~ kbc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #127  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessi_andrewView Post
Not So Honest Opinion and Honest Opinion
LOL

This made me chuckle. Lots of liars out there if this had been true!

(i.e., I see NSHO a lot...) :p

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2008, 09:44 PM   #128  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage RedheadView Post

While SU! may be "...in-line..." with other companies, a great deal changed 18-months to two years ago. You would have had to be a demo then to understand what has been taken away and what has changed. So while it may be attractive to *you*, thousands of us quit our demoships because the changes no longer enabled us to sustain even our own purchases.
I don't know what's so bad.... things changed. I'm a hobby demo, and now I need a better month to get a volume rebate, but when I do get one, it's a higher percentage. I don't blame SU! for trying harder to reward those who are actually working to sell the product, versus those of us who are buying to get a discount. So it's different, and you obviously didn't like it, but that doesn't mean it was a "bad" thing.

I was a demo then, and still am.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 10:05 AM   #129  
Forum Fanatic

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahbe492View Post
Wow - if I would've known that people would blow my comment out of proportion I wouldn't have made it. The people who have been quoting me don't at all get what I was saying.

I was talking about trying something new...like if your husband was miserable in his job wouldn't you encourage him to try something different? Or if your child wanted to do soccer this year instead of tball? Or if your friend wanted to move to a new city for a new experience? I wasn't talking about BUYING - not a new tent, or mac n cheese, or cards.

With that said, I am going to ask, since I cannot delete my post that no one else comment on my statement. If you have something negative to say just say it but please don't try to interpret what I've said because so far the people who've used my message as a quote have not understood my meaning. I still have the same feelings so I'm not changing my opinion and I'm not saying that anyone needs to change theirs but just don't use my message to make a retort when it has nothing to do with my original intent. I knew what I meant and others may understand what I really meant but I'm kind of sick of it being misconstrued. Just make your comments without quoting my message please. Thank you!
I just have to say I totally understand how you feel, because I feel that people responding to my comments are also retorting to something that I didn't actually say! I do think it's hard on email or a forum like this, since we don't have body language to help. I have to say, I did think that the replies were "in synch" with what your post said, just that they disagreed with the analogy--but obviously we are missing something in your analogy because you feel we are misunderstanding you. Sorry about that! I know I got very frustrated with the replies to my posts. So can I send a cyber hug?

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #130  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

IMNSHO = In My Not-So-Humble Opinion. I'm sure you're not the only one who would like to see my "humble" opinion, but I don't have those.

We're *NOT* talking about buying? Gee, I thought that this is what all of this hoopla was about. Buy or don't buy...like or don't like...sell or don't sell. It's certainly not about standing around cheering for the most stupid ""...new product line..." ever to be released by a rubber stamp company! ~ kbc
I am one of those demos who was around during this "horrible change" you are referring to. I, however, was thrilled with the change as I have been making ALOT more money with my SU business directly related to these changes.

I didn't have anything taken away from me and I am sure there are tens of thousands of demos out there who are just like me and make MORE money now.

And in my NSHO, I LOVE this new product line.

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 12:24 PM   #131  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv my dollyView Post
I am one of those demos who was around during this "horrible change" you are referring to. I, however, was thrilled with the change as I have been making ALOT more money with my SU business directly related to these changes.

I didn't have anything taken away from me and I am sure there are tens of thousands of demos out there who are just like me and make MORE money now.

And in my NSHO, I LOVE this new product line.

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!!
LOL, I'm with you, Barb! In my opinion, the changes made it possible for hobby demos in particular to make MUCH more money in commission. Not saying every hobby demo WILL...just that the possibility is there. It's just that now, commission is paid on a much more level field rather than the bulk being paid to those with large downlines. That's all really a ton of detail that can get boring, lol...I just wanted to say that everybody has different views of things, and it isn't just the ones that are the most vocal about it that are necessarily true, kwim?

I forget...what was the original topic? Oh yeah...the new home dec line. LOVE IT! Can't wail til I get mine ordered and put up! I'm excited about what's already been announced, lol....imagining what's going to be added during SU's convention has me TOTALLY jazzed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #132  
Gallery Gazer

For those of the respondents here who voted that they were not thrilled with Stampin' Up!'s new vinyl wall decor, you might want to look at this post onmy blog an check out the "off the wall" ideas presented by one of the demonstrators in my up-up-upline's demo group.

Her presentation made me realize that the whole "wall decor" label is a complete misnomer. These images can be used effectively for the same things we now use stamps for -- name frames, altering platters, boxes, vases. Forget the walls if you want to -- these products can still be for you!

Here is the post on my blog where you can see the different projects Laura Barto created with her decor elements: http://stampwithdiane.blogspot.com/2...in-up-way
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 01:55 PM   #133  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdianeView Post
For those of the respondents here who voted that they were not thrilled with Stampin' Up!'s new vinyl wall decor, you might want to look at this post onmy blog an check out the "off the wall" ideas presented by one of the demonstrators in my up-up-upline's demo group.

Her presentation made me realize that the whole "wall decor" label is a complete misnomer. These images can be used effectively for the same things we now use stamps for -- name frames, altering platters, boxes, vases. Forget the walls if you want to -- these products can still be for you!

Here is the post on my blog where you can see the different projects Laura Barto created with her decor elements: http://stampwithdiane.blogspot.com/2...in-up-way.html
Beautiful samples! Do you think there will be any French phrases available? Probably only for the Canadians even if there are, huh? :twisted:

I checked that I was undecided, since I hadn't yet seen anything up 'til now. But if there are French phrases available to Americans, I'll definitely be thinking of buying!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #134  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Beautiful samples! Do you think there will be any French phrases available? Probably only for the Canadians even if there are, huh? :twisted:

I checked that I was undecided, since I hadn't yet seen anything up 'til now. But if there are French phrases available to Americans, I'll definitely be thinking of buying!
All we know is tha this is not the end of the line -- there are other phases that will be introduced andperhaps they will include some French phrases. I know thaat SU is generally very responsive to customers, so if you's like to see French phrases for Americans in the future I would encourage you to call 1-800-STAMPUP and let them know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #135  
Matboard Maniac

Default At first I didn't like the idea...

but now I think I do. I think there great for renters like myself. We can't paint so this give us a chance to add a little of our own personality.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2008, 04:46 AM   #136  
Rubber Obsessor

I was also disappointed with this announcement,i was hoping for new embellishments or that they were bringing back the "in -colors".but, last night my demo had 3 of the new vinyl wall things,they were okay,but I thought they were pricey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2008, 03:25 PM   #137  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv my dollyView Post
...I am one of those demos who was around during this "horrible change" you are referring to. I, however, was thrilled with the change as I have been making ALOT more money with my SU business directly related to these changes....
I didn't have anything taken away from me...
Well, gee! Goody for you!

You must not have been "...retitled..." because your downline wasn't performing at a higher level. You must have gotten all of your GR points even though your customers weren't buying because they were the same old sets. You must not have been affected at all by the changes in the override income structure. Good for you! Demos with huge downlines that have been around for years certainly *didn't* get anything taken away, did they?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #138  
Polyshrink Goddess

It's cute, but I'll probably keep spending all my money on stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #139  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

You must not have been "...retitled..." because your downline wasn't performing at a higher level. You must have gotten all of your GR points even though your customers weren't buying because they were the same old sets. You must not have been affected at all by the changes in the override income structure. Good for you! Demos with huge downlines that have been around for years certainly *didn't* get anything taken away, did they?
I have to say that out of alot of posts that I have read, yours is the icing on the cake. People do get to have differing opinions without people being so rude and childish.

Visit My Stampin' Up! Website!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #140  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Just for the record, when the career plan change took place, I was a supervisor with one recruit (couldn't really be retitled), hardly what I would call a "demo with a huge downline that has been around for years".

All my income is/has been always been generated by *ME*, I don't rely on a downline for anything. I have a positive SU attitude, I work hard at my business usually 50-70 hours a week and that is why I am successful.

No need to be so sarcastic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2008, 04:03 PM   #141  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Wow. First of all, the whole topic of career plan change is so far from the OP that it shouldn't have ever been brought up in the first place. However, since it was brought up and now is a part of this thread, it would be nice if everyone who offered an opinion from their point of view was treated with courtesy and respect. There's no need to be rude just because someone else was able to successfully navigate the change in career plan when others were not or were not even willing to try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #142  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

also been a demo for about that long, and not really phased by the new plan. maybe I'm to 'go with the flow' for my own good.....
No successful business can remain successful if it becomes stagnate. Changes must occur, and people either adapt or not.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #143  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Yikes!!! Bitter much? She was just sharing something and didn't say it in a way that warranted that type of response. Let's return to kindergarten - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. I was shocked when I saw this post - PLEASE be kinder and think about what you are typing before you submit it. Your opinion can certainly be valued here at SCS but you don't need to say it in such a manner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #144  
Glitter Queen

I'm one of the ones that really like this new line. I usually just put an order in for myself to my demo when I need something. I would really like to have a party, but none of my family or friends like to stamp (shocking isn't it). I know this because I've had them in the past, it didn't go over well. I think with this line of decor items, my family and friends would be more interested in coming to a Stampin Up! party and purchasing too! Especially with beautiful samples like Laura Barto created. There's hope!
MaryBeth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #145  
Minglerville Blabber
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 501 Likes on 304 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryecoleView Post
I'm one of the ones that really like this new line. I usually just put an order in for myself to my demo when I need something. I would really like to have a party, but none of my family or friends like to stamp (shocking isn't it). I know this because I've had them in the past, it didn't go over well. I think with this line of decor items, my family and friends would be more interested in coming to a Stampin Up! party and purchasing too! Especially with beautiful samples like Laura Barto created. There's hope!
MaryBeth
Can you share a link to these?
My Blog: Yellow and Blue

SU Creative Crew Design Team Member-May-August 2011
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #146  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebraView Post
Can you share a link to these?
It's in post 132. Just click on Diane's blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #147  
Minglerville Blabber

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #148  
Minglerville Blabber

WOW!!! Those are incredible samples. LOVE them.

Reply With Quote Likes