Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-28-2007, 03:57 AM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amen Betsy.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 06:50 PM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
No, you're right, Birdbrain, I don't think the OP intended anything hurtful at all, and I hope she's not thinking I am, lol. I just want people to stop and think, is all. A lot of uploaders, probably most, but I don't know that, put in some sort of recipe. Many do not. Whatever their reasons, they are valid to them, and it's not for us to say anything about it. Since there are upwards of 1,000 and more uploads every day, focus on the ones that make you happy, lol, not the ones that don't do things the way you think they "should."
Completely agree!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 09:26 PM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

I am a fairly new stamper and I get so frustrated when I see a card that I just love and there are no specifics. I get the feeling that the card maker is afraid someone will copy - but then why post it in the first place?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for all your comments and no I did not intend to offend anyone. Everyone her is so talented and when I see a card I like, I love to know what was used whether it be the technique or colors. I am not saying that I never go to blogs because I do and have found some awsome stuff, but I would like to have the general information here. I will admit that sometimes the forums here do get very negative and that is why I don't have a lot of posts, I try and steer clear of those. This was not supposed to be a negative post, but it obviously turned that way. It just seemed like we were falling into an old pattern and seeing more and more post with no info. I would take it all as a compliment, I want to copy you!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

I have just started a blog. What I have been doing is including the "ingredients" at the bottom, I agree, it is nice to be able to see what exact blue got used there. As well, I like to give credit here on my SCS gallery and also on my blog. But now, the story that goes along with the making of the card... well, that goes into my blog (and there is always a great story...right!!??!!). Therefore, you only have to listen to me blather on if you are truely interested LOL!! I am hoping that is making everyone happy :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I guess I am one of the people that some here are complaining about. I have not put any recipes on the cards (13 total) that I have posted so far.

Truth is, I don't remember what I used. Some were done months ago, and the new ones were done at school and posted from home. I do NOT remember (or in the case of the kids' work, even know) what colors, papers etc were used. I'm not totally fussy about what I use, so if I want green ink I grab a green stamp pad- and since I have a couple, an hour later I probably could not tell you which one it was. My paper is not sorted by brand but by color or patterns- the several sets of Christmas paper I have are all mixed together, for example, so I have no idea who made a sheet or when or where I bought it.

Anyone is welcome to "borrow" from one of my cards, since most of my cards came from an idea I got from here, or a book, or a magazine. Since I don't keep track, I couldn't tell you where I "cased" something either.

I'm sorry if this makes me a *bad* stamper, or a *bad* poster, but that's just the way I work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #47  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchkView Post
Well, I guess I am one of the people that some here are complaining about. I have not put any recipes on the cards (13 total) that I have posted so far.

Truth is, I don't remember what I used. Some were done months ago, and the new ones were done at school and posted from home. I do NOT remember (or in the case of the kids' work, even know) what colors, papers etc were used. I'm not totally fussy about what I use, so if I want green ink I grab a green stamp pad- and since I have a couple, an hour later I probably could not tell you which one it was. My paper is not sorted by brand but by color or patterns- the several sets of Christmas paper I have are all mixed together, for example, so I have no idea who made a sheet or when or where I bought it.

Anyone is welcome to "borrow" from one of my cards, since most of my cards came from an idea I got from here, or a book, or a magazine. Since I don't keep track, I couldn't tell you where I "cased" something either.

I'm sorry if this makes me a *bad* stamper, or a *bad* poster, but that's just the way I work.
I'm kinda like this too, so don't worry about it too much. You have very well put into words the sentiments of probably "many" people who won't/don't upload cards. I'm one of them that likes to just upload the card and not put details...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #48  
Kookie Creator

I'm relatively new and frankly I haven't uploaded anything because I rarely can remember what I used either and I tend to work in bits as I find time. So it's difficult for me to do a recipe. I figure most people can look at a picture and see what stamps, colors, and layout I've used. I can see why keywords for technique are useful though. It enables you to search and see examples of different techniques.
Then I am confused about all the people who then complain that other people are copying their work. I have belonged to a stamp club in the past, taken classes, and gone to stamping/paper arts conventions over the years. I have never seen the folks that I encountered at those places *want* to duplicate someone else's work exactly. I do enjoy learning techniques from others that I can adapt to my own style. I don't mean to hijack this thread or beat a dead horse so if anybody wants to PM me, please feel free.
Reply With Quote Likes