Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-28-2005, 09:21 PM   #41  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am cancelling my Direct Tv! The drama on here is so much better than anything you get on television. Plus with the extra money I save towards that bill, I can buy more stamps!!! Yippie! Stampin Ink, I feel sorry for you, I can imagine your frustrations. Some people just don't "get it". The best thing to do, is stamp and create in spite of her (whoever "her" is, wish I would have seen the unedited post, but that's just me lovin' the drama :oops: ). Can you imagine how she is just loving all this attention. Don't buy into the B.S. Do the "right" thing, be the bigger person. In the end, you'll thank yourself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2005, 09:58 PM   #42  
Stampin' Fool

Location: I try to live in LaLa Land, but people keep interrupting me!
Default Re: This Discussion

I was wondering where the moderators were when I saw this post yesterday...I wasn't offended. I just felt terrible for the person accused of the "theft", no one deserves to be named in an open public forum or bad mouthed in the demo only area where they can't defend themselves either.

I know what it's like to be on the recieving end of this kind of "witch-hunt", it becomes a mob mentality with the "victim" unable to defend themselves. Like a high school hazing or a college soriety pledge week.

Thank You Daven for stepping in ONE MORE TIME.

Kim

I don't know that anyone's been "offended" necessarily, at least I hope not. but that's not really the point of our policy. there are two reasons we don't allow derogatory postings containing personal information.

first, it creates a negative atmosphere. these types of topics tend to feed on themselves and escalate. in the end you tend to get a lot of animosity and bitterness with no real benefit.

in this case it's regrettable that this happened, but there's very little this site or any other site can do if someone wants to re-use an image that you've posted in a public place. it's simply the nature of the web; my kids, for instance, love to use Google Images - instant gratification whenever they're looking for horse pictures or heaven knows what else. but it's probably safe to assume that the owners of these (or any other) images have no idea where they ultimately end up or how they're used.

second, these types of posts are not fair to the "target", guilty or no. rumors and accusations are easily planted and impossible to eradicate. we don't conduct public trials here, and I have no desire to start. the motivations and actions of the accused individual frequently cannot be known, leading to speculation and further rumors. in the end, a public airing of private disputes is just not appropriate in my view.

whether someone has a "right" to share private information or engage in this type of discussion isn't in question. anyone has a "right" to talk about whatever they wish. we've just made a conscious decision that our public square isn't the place to share personal information with a negative intent. you didn't intend for us to RAK this individual, after all.[/quote]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2005, 10:10 PM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

Location: I try to live in LaLa Land, but people keep interrupting me!
Default Re: Here's my analogy for the pic thief...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chedette
I don't usually chime in on these (though I confess to *loving* reading about them!), but I liken the situation to this:

Posting her info for the SCS neighborhood is like people knowing about a sex offender living in their neighborhood...it might not keep him (or her) from attacking us or our children (as this woman could still steal from anyone here in this neighborhood), but it would make us VERY PROTECTIVE and AWARE. We can't personally do anything about the sex offender either (as someone said we can't do anything about this woman), but we still like to know when there is a criminal in our midst.

I also think that she should know that people are on to her...really gets my goat to think that she's all smug thinking she's so smart...

My opinions-feel free to disagree,

Michele
You can not compare sex offenders to this situation.

Sex Offenders have been found guilty in a court of law. Not by group speculation.

It's a slap in the face to those who have been victimized by sexual predators.

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2005, 06:57 AM   #44  
Stampin' Fool

Default Re: Here's my analogy for the pic thief...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimeboss
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chedette
I don't usually chime in on these (though I confess to *loving* reading about them!), but I liken the situation to this:

Posting her info for the SCS neighborhood is like people knowing about a sex offender living in their neighborhood...it might not keep him (or her) from attacking us or our children (as this woman could still steal from anyone here in this neighborhood), but it would make us VERY PROTECTIVE and AWARE. We can't personally do anything about the sex offender either (as someone said we can't do anything about this woman), but we still like to know when there is a criminal in our midst.

I also think that she should know that people are on to her...really gets my goat to think that she's all smug thinking she's so smart...

My opinions-feel free to disagree,

Michele
You can not compare sex offenders to this situation.

Sex Offenders have been found guilty in a court of law. Not by group speculation.

It's a slap in the face to those who have been victimized by sexual predators.

Kim

Analogy - Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar

that is all this was an analogy. I don't think it was meant to slap anyones face.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2005, 07:30 AM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' Ink
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmferg
I understand that she contacted you to get the patterns, but did she ever contact you to apologize for stealing your picture?!?!? That would probably be the least she could do at this point?!?!?
No, she has not made any attempt to apologize. But she new where to find me to request the patterns. She wanted the patterns bad enough she took the time to create a new email address.
It's a shame that someone who claims to be a Christian(according to one of her posts) handles things in a deceptive way.

visit my site: www.danahatch.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes