Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the perks of being a demonstrator?

i am thinking with being relatively new to the craft, that perhaps I should think about becoming a demonstrator for SU, CTMH, or something similar available in Canada.

A few questions for people that already are demo'ers

What type of discount do you receive?
Any perks through out the year?
Cost to start up?
Do you get discounts on new products?
Minimum sales per month or quarter?

I'm strictly, at this time, considering this for my own personal purchases.

Any help in this would be so appreciated.

Thanks again
E.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

Hi E,

These are great questions to pose to someone who actually demos for the company. To find a few demos near you from Stampin' Up!, just go to their website (linked), or here's the link for Close to My Heart. Use their search for a demonstrator. Jot down a few phone numbers, & call to talk to a few until you find the one who seems to be a good match for you. Ask your questions above, and more.

Enjoy!
Matboard Maniac

I live in rural saskatchewan though, so finding someone to talk to isn't always easy. Hence me asking on the board. If you have a few answers to these questions, could you PM me perhaps?

Thanks ladies.
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to be a hobby demo for stampin Up (US). You get 20%off all your orders. If I remember correctly you get 30% off your first order within 30 (?) days of signing up.
Also, right now here in the US the starter kit is on sale plus since it is Sale-a-bration you get to choose another set from the catalog for free. That is when I signed up.
It is really a great way to stock up on things at a discount. I am no longer a demo, because at one point I just had everything I wanted from SU an I was my only costumer.
Besides that you get a stampin' success magazine once a month, I always loved to receive it.
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsETaylorView Post
i am thinking with being relatively new to the craft, that perhaps I should think about becoming a demonstrator for SU, CTMH, or something similar available in Canada.

A few questions for people that already are demo'ers

What type of discount do you receive?
Any perks through out the year?
Cost to start up?
Do you get discounts on new products?
Minimum sales per month or quarter?

I'm strictly, at this time, considering this for my own personal purchases.

Any help in this would be so appreciated.

Thanks again
E.
I'm A SU Demo.
Reguar you get 20% off first order over $150 within 45 days you get 30%.
The Extra 10% Instant Income Offer is available to demonstrators who place an order of $150 or more within 45 days of the day their Starter Kit order was received at Stampin� Up! Those that meet this requirement will receive 30 percent instant income on the workshop�that�s an additional earnings of 10 percent!

For Sale-A-Bration it is the following Special: This is for the US you have to check pricing for Canda.
Recruits: Choose any retail stamp set (a value up to $47.95) from the current catalog when signing up during the promotion. Plus, get 15% off the regular $199 price of the Starter Kit--that's $335 worth of products for only $169! Recruits who are concerned about the up-front cost can also take advantage of our Three Easy Payments option (click here to learn more).

Right now they are also running the following recruit special along with the Sale-A-Bration Special.
Special pay in 3 payments for starter kit.
Dates: March 13-April 30, 2009

Overview
The limited-time Three Easy Payments option for purchasing the Starter Kit is intended to benefit both your potential recruits and you. In these challenging economic times, some potential recruits might consider the up-front cost of signing up to be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator a financial barrier. In an effort to assist you in your recruiting, and to remove this possible barrier for your recruits, we're trying out the Three Easy Payments option. (Any future payment plan offering will be determined at a later date.)

The Three Easy Payments option allows a recruit to make a partial initial Starter Kit payment and still receive the Starter Kit right away in order to get her business up and running.
How it Works

At the time a recruit signs up, she fills out her Starter Kit form and other paperwork as usual, but must also write "Three Easy Payments option" at the top of each form. (Please note that the Three Easy Payments option is not available through the Online Independent Demonstrator Application. Recruits who wish to take advantage of the offer must submit their paperwork by mail to Demonstrator Support.)
The recruit must also complete a separate Three Easy Payments form , available for download from the Customer and Demonstrator Web Sites.
Using the credit card information provided on her Three Easy Payments form, Stampin' Up! charges the initial Starter Kit payment (see the table below for a breakdown of payments) on the day paperwork is processed and sends the recruit her the Starter Kit.
On or around the 15th day of the two months following the month Stampin' Up! received her paperwork, Stampin' Up! will charge the subsequent payments using the same credit card information provided on the Three Easy Payments form, and the Starter Kit will be paid in full. Stampin' Up! will only accept the same credit card for all three payments, as provided on the Three Easy Payments form. Checks or money orders will not be accepted.
Details and Restrictions

To qualify for the Three Easy Payments option on the discounted Sale-A-Bration Starter Kit price of $169, Starter Kit paperwork and an accompanying Three Easy Payments form must be received by Stampin' Up! (not postmarked) on or before March 31, 2009. Paperwork received after this time will be processed for the regular Starter Kit price of $199.
After Sale-A-Bration, to qualify for the Three Easy Payments option on the regular Starter Kit price of $199, Starter Kit paperwork and an accompanying Three Easy Payments form must be received by Stampin' Up! (not postmarked) on or before April 30, 2009. Any Three Easy Payments forms received after this time will not be processed. Demonstrator Support will contact the recruit to determine how she would like to proceed.
Any applicable state taxes will be charged with the first Starter Kit payment. (The full amount of taxes applicable to the total Starter Kit amount will be added to the first payment. No taxes will be applied to the second and third payments.)

you can pre-order from the catalogs usually amonth before everyone. They sometimes give deals like this year all pre-order stamp sets are 20% off them we take our 20% off that. That is for their anniversary.

I love stmapin Up. If you have more questions please PM me.
Embossing Fanatic

ok i think i follow what u posted BUT i want to know exactly what signing up by 3/31 compared to by 4/30 deadline......i follow you pay $30 more $169 to $199 and free celebration as xtra benefit and about $50 set. why would i want to wait til april ?
Pearl-ExPert

If you are interested in being an SU demo sign up before March is over. You get the reduced price, the option of the 3 payment plan, and a free stamp set from the catty.

The benefit till waiting until say April 2nd is that your first full quarter won't be till Sept. 30th. So, you would have till Sept. to make your first 300 sales quota. If you sign up in March your first full quarter will be the April, May, June quarter so you will need to have 300 in sales by June 30th. But, with retirement lists, and pre-orders for the new catalog I'm sure you won't have a problem getting to 300 by June 30th (and it's 300 before your discount) even if you decide to sell purely to yourself.
Compulsive Stamper

Oh what a great deal!! I would love to start selling but husband is afraid that I will not make quota's and then have to spend that much money. Any ideas on how to make him change his mind?:rolleyes:

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaayoungView Post
Oh what a great deal!! I would love to start selling but husband is afraid that I will not make quota's and then have to spend that much money. Any ideas on how to make him change his mind?:rolleyes:
Tell him that if for some reason you couldn't make your quota, you would just drop as a demonstrator. There is no penalty, you don't have to send back the kit and you won't owe SU any more money. Usually one good workshop in a quarter is all you need to make your quota.

There are so many great benefits to being a demonstrator! We get great rewards points to spend on catalog merchandise, logo wear or demo supplies; free stamp sets for meeting sales or recruiting goals; additional volume rebates on top of the 20% if our sales are over $400 in a single month, etc.

The best part is the fun though!

Last edited by GreenDragonLady; 03-17-2009 at 03:30 AM..

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

To the OP: all of the numbers listed here are for the US. The numbers will be different in Canada.
Polyshrink Goddess

I am so glad I signed up - I am not that busy with it, but I hold one stamp camp per month, and we have a great time!
Piece of advice: Don't go crazy with ordering when you first start out. I purchased way too many things that I thought I needed on impulse. Woops!

I'm a Bella Babe!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

As requested earlier, please use the demonstrator locator to find a demonstrator in your vicinity. Then call a few demos to ask your important questions fully. In this way, you'll find a great match for you whether you eventually decide to be a customer or a demonstrator. Thanks so much. This thread will now be closed.