Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-30-2010, 05:25 AM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't like the look of the site at ALL.. their way of grouping stamps without thumbnails really bugs me, I prefer to go over the pics and then click on ones that catch my eye, not have to make a SWAG on what the look is by the name.

and those I do see.. well mostly just not my style so I doubt I will every buy from them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 05:32 AM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharon_dView Post
I forgot to say that one thing I really like about their website is that they make it easy to see lots of stamps side by side, where you can scroll through to see what catches your eye. From the main Stamps page, just click Images on the left. Here is a direct link:
http://www.papertreyink.com/stampsets_images.html
This is the first of four pages that show all their IMAGE sets. On the left you can also click Sentiments to see all their SENTIMENT sets. That's pretty convenient.
Thanks Sharon! I did not realize they had this feature. Vey helpful! They should probably differentiate it in some way from the rest of the categories, as I would never think to click on the "images" category under "stamps."

Also, you can always use their Search feature if you are looking for something specific, although I have to say I am more of a browser.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 05:37 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharon_dView Post
I forgot to say that one thing I really like about their website is that they make it easy to see lots of stamps side by side, where you can scroll through to see what catches your eye. From the main Stamps page, just click Images on the left. Here is a direct link:
http://www.papertreyink.com/stampsets_images.html
This is the first of four pages that show all their IMAGE sets. On the left you can also click Sentiments to see all their SENTIMENT sets. That's pretty convenient.
I didn't know this. Is this new? This is a big help to be able to see stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #44  
Gabfest Goddess

I love PTI & have never had a problem. I have put in an order for the last several months in a row because I just had to have some of the new sets! ;) I love their ribbon, it is delicious! My favorite is their satin ribbon! I do like their paper but I have SU paper so it doesn't make sense to buy both when I can spend my money on ribbon & stamps instead. I hate that because I am in OH & so are they that I have to pay tax which is sometimes the same price as what the shipping would be if I was under $60 but oh well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #45  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 510 Likes on 229 Posts

I agree that the website is not very new-user friendly. It violates most all the rules of website design that I have ever learned.

I love Papertrey products, but finding information on their site is difficult. They need to hire the webdesign company that my DDIL works for! ;) Now that is perfection in design!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #46  
Kookie Creator

Hey ladies, no complaints here, but I have a suggestion. Wait until after February 15th - there will be lots of changes and lots of excitement. Actually, the excitement starts on Monday, February 1st! In my opinion, what's not to love about PTI!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 12:22 PM   #47  
Die Cut Diva

Sometimes I feel like there ius too much offered in the Sneak Peeks days with design team members and I cannot get a good look at all they have done as I have limited amounts of time I can be on the computer. I'd like to look all day, but I can't.

Also, I can never find what I want in their gallery. When I seean idea I love I can never find it again.

I love their products and I order every few months when I have an order large enough to qualify for free shipping.

I also hate that their shopping cart dumps out the product I put in, so I have to start it all over if I don't order quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudywView Post
Sometimes I feel like there ius too much offered in the Sneak Peeks days with design team members and I cannot get a good look at all they have done as I have limited amounts of time I can be on the computer. I'd like to look all day, but I can't.

Also, I can never find what I want in their gallery. When I seean idea I love I can never find it again.

I love their products and I order every few months when I have an order large enough to qualify for free shipping.

I also hate that their shopping cart dumps out the product I put in, so I have to start it all over if I don't order quickly.
I believe that actually has something to do with the cookies on your computer. I've put things in my cart and left them there for 6 weeks and they never disappeared (unless they sold out while I was waiting).

I've never had a difficult time navigating their site, but (like others have mentioned) you can always go to their message board and get all sorts of help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #49  
Gallery Gazer

I must say I have mixed feelings about PTI. I love, love, love some of their stamp sets and I love, love, love their paper (like someone else said, I wish they would introduce more colors). I don't like how some of the ribbon and ink are not a "perfect match" (and don't get me started on some of the button issues--[ok, I will get started a little--a DOLLAR to add a sticker to the bag that says "aqua mist"? If that's the case, wonder how much those CD cases add to the stamp set price--I would gladly take $5 off and keep 'em on the sheet]). And I know I sound like a broken record, but the bitty dot paper bothers me every single time I try to use it (really, they meant to have it wonky so you couldn't cut a clean line between the rows? You mean the Queen of Clean & Simple Perfection wanted wonky dots?). I could also do without the ten days of teasers leading up to midnight website malfunction/sell-outs (grr and the lack of backorder/waitlist option! How many times have I had things sitting in my cart waiting for something to come in, and when it finally does, something else that was in my cart was out).

But she is doing something right because I do keep ordering from her. :?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 03:43 PM   #50  
Hardware Hotshot

I have ordered from PTI several times now and love their products (stamps, cardstock, ribbon). But so far I only ordered the holiday button sampler because I've read so many stories about different colors not matching. I'm also one that has been slightly frustrated by the selling out of items (stamps, ink, etc.). But in saying all of that, I absolutly LOVE their products and will continue to purchase from them!

To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 03:51 PM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Some of the things mentioned above are little annoyances to me too, but definitely not rant-worthy. I think these things are par for the course with a small business, and her graphic design and card making skills more than make up for it. I can't believe how much she and her design team share every month -- so creative and generous. Love her stamps, paper, ribbon, and buttons!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 04:12 PM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

I *love love love* everything from PTI and I think the website is very user-friendly. I love the way that their DT updates their blogs very regularly to keep me interested in their products. The paper, ribbon, and ink are so fabulous, and the stamps fit my style perfectly. Their customer service is also wonderful. I have not one bad thing to say, really.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 04:20 PM   #53  
Gallery Gazer

There are some things that could make it more convenient for customers on the website, but I don't think it is at all bad. (Easy to navigate, easy to order, etc.) Most are simple questions that could be asked in the PTI forum or here. No reason to get bent out of shape, honestly. Never would have though to ask if paper was acid-free...pretty much assume it is anymore in stamping and scrapping businesses. Maybe I shouldn't assume.

Love the quality stamps, paper and ribbon. Never really used the ink. Have had zero problems with shipping or bent cardstock.

A couple wishes...a sale wouldn't hurt everyone once in awhile (I know...sales de-value items...heard it all before. Not convinced.) and lower shipping for one small item. I usually only order when I had at least enough to order to receive free shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 04:36 PM   #54  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can't afford to buy $60 worth of stamps, etc. So I totally agree with the lower shipping for one small item.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 04:41 PM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

The shipping is usually why I don't order from online stores. The amount of when you get free shipping I can't afford to order all at one time. And I agree on the poster who said a sale once in awhile wouldn't hurt with a few of the stamp companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 05:41 PM   #56  
Kookie Creator

Another loyal PTI customer here, despite sometimes waiting 10 days for orders to arrive. I love their stamps, buttons, and ribbons. I've found that the plastic cases used to store stamps promptly break at the hinges, but the stamps are wonderful to use, love the designs, and am so impressed with the design team.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 07:25 PM   #57  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinsweeneyView Post
There are some things that could make it more convenient for customers on the website, but I don't think it is at all bad. (Easy to navigate, easy to order, etc.) Most are simple questions that could be asked in the PTI forum or here. No reason to get bent out of shape, honestly. Never would have though to ask if paper was acid-free...pretty much assume it is anymore in stamping and scrapping businesses. Maybe I shouldn't assume.

Love the quality stamps, paper and ribbon. Never really used the ink. Have had zero problems with shipping or bent cardstock.

A couple wishes...a sale wouldn't hurt everyone once in awhile (I know...sales de-value items...heard it all before. Not convinced.) and lower shipping for one small item. I usually only order when I had at least enough to order to receive free shipping.
I too, am a girl that loves a good sale! It seems as if most online companies offer them too. So I'm onboard with having a sale on various store products every once in a while. I think it would be a way for someone who might be on the fence about ordering something to take the plunge and go for it! KWIM? I little incentive (in this case, a sale) goes a long way sometimes! Who knows, they may even get new customers (first time customers even) ordering because of it!

To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 02:37 AM   #58  
Glitter Guru

Default Loving PTI

I have only been a PTI customer for about 6 months now and have to say I have never had a bad experience.

My first 2 orders were small and I did pay shipping but it was worth it to me to see how I felt about the stamps, card stock and ink.

I have always had prompt shipping, love their website and find it pretty user friends (more so than some places online that I have visited).

I lurked in their forums for a while, but have posted there a little. Everyone there is friendly and helpful (a lot like here).

I love their cs and find it to be good quality. The colors work well on their own as well as with SU colors.

The stamps are fantastic quality and the ink (the newer ink especially) is fantastic for polymer and acrylic stamps.

I only order when I have enough to get free shipping, so I don't order every month, but that is me and my budget. I would rather order every other month and get free shipping than order every month (or whatever) and pay for shipping.

I have only had one set that was out of stock when I ordered it, so I picked another set from my wish list and the ordered the out of stock set on my next order with no problems.

I have never had to wait long for an order, normally having my orders within a few days, a week at most, and think that is fantastic after having had to wait an average of 10-14 days for my SU orders.

Overall, I really enjoy PTI and am pleased with everything about them.

I do realize others may not feel the same as I do, but I just can't say enough good stuff about PTI, the website, forums, fellow customers and DT.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 03:42 AM   #59  
Gallery Gazer

Vee, PTI just announced that they are re-vamping their site. Maybe it will be easier for you to give them a try.

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capt...y-to-shop
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #60  
Polyshrink Goddess

I also haven't had any problems with PTI. I order from them for the first time this fall, got a sample pack and some white card stock. The order came in less than five days and I love my paper. Place another order a month later and I got it right away too and it was before Christmas even. I love them and will order from them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 10:02 AM   #61  
Glitter Guru

I love PTI stuff - all of it. I love the styles of the stamps, especially the sentiments. The cardstock is fantastic quality and I love the fact that they do ribbons in different styles and buttons all in the same colours, unlike SU. The only complaint I do have is the price of shipping to the UK - it usually costs me about half of my order again and then I have to pay another load of charges when it gets over here. It also takes about 3-4 weeks to arrive, but most of that time is spent in UK customs while they work out my charges I think. It did take 5 days last time to fly over from Chicago to London Heathrow which I think was very inaccurate, so I would like the USPS site to update a bit more often, but that's not PTI's fault.

I can't wait to see what the new website will be like and all the new releases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #62  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I've been a faithful PTI fan since their first year, not the very beginning, but close to it. I love their stamp sets, paper, ribbon, buttons but not so much their ink. Too many inconsistencies. Some colors are fantastic, some colors are awful Even their new Hybrid formula is not all good, although it has better coverage than the old. I just used my new Lemon Tart cube (new formula) and I can barely see it on the paper. I'm glad I saved the old formula cube.
As far as their web store, I don't have a problem navigating it at all, but their forum and gallery? No way. The worst forum/gallery format I have ever encountered. The gallery is so complex it feels like I have to be a techie just to figure out how to upload pictures. And I consider myself pretty computer savvy,
I guess I'm just spoiled by SCS, this site is almost perfection!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #63  
Mad Swapper

I wonder if an updated gallery/forum will be a part of the revamped website. That sure would be nice! I don't mind the forum, but the gallery...eesh. Not fun! I've been with PTI since the second release...so glad I found them early on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Another PTI fan here! Love the stamps, but especially the CS and matching goodies! I have always found the service to be prompt and my orders arrive in good condition.

I'm hosting a PTI card swap right now; I've been swapping with this group of ladies for a long time now and they ROCK! See link in my siggy line if you'f like to join us!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am "technologically impaired". So say my two grown kids. But I can navigate their site better than most.
I think their paper is the best around. Can't wait to get more color options. Shipping on paper has DEFINITELY improved.
I DO NOTE like cd case storage, but it is better than the plastic sheet most things come on.
A Great Company, IMHO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #66  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteratiView Post
I love Papertrey and I sure wish I had 123 of their sets, like the previous poster! Their stamps and paper are the best. There's only one thing I would change. I wish they would release a new color every month.

I've only had to contact customer service once and got very prompt assistance. Shipping is fast and I love that you get free shipping when you place a $60 or more order (in the states).
I have to agree ~ I just received another great order from PTI this week.... Absolutly love their cardstock for my card bases. PTI must have listened to suggestions... because when I opened my package... all my cardstock packages were packaged with protectors on all corners and no bent corners. I too wish they would come out with a new color every month... hoping for some pretty Spring colors... a pretty violet or some pretty pastels. I have received fast shipping...usually within a week. My last order took 5 days after I placed my online order....now that is fast. I have been a happy customer for the past couple years of ordering from them. I hope you all will give them a try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #67  
Stampin' Fool

!
Happy Fan Club member.

Last edited by Tilly; 02-04-2010 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: pressed Send too soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #68  
Stampin' Fool

I'm another loyal PTI fan, but find the cost of priority airmail for overseas orders, and the time it takes for the orders to arrive, very frustrating, so to all of you complaining about the costs of small orders, shipping, time to get there, etc., please give a thought to those of us outside of the USA, and imagine the torture we go through every time there's a new release and we have to take currency exchange rates and the like into account! However, I guess there are checks and balances in life, and I live in a beautiful place (see my Blog! LOL) and while so many of you are snowed under or in big cities, having my PTI order cost more and take longer to get here is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things. Anyway, that's my (US $) .02c worth (which in our currency is around .04c!) Go Nichole and the DT girls on PTI!
Happy Fan Club member.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #69  
Hardware Hotshot

I really like PTI but agree their site is not the greatest, although better than some I've seen. However, as Susan said, they are re-vamping that, looks like it will have lots of photos. The thing that I find cumbersome is their gallery! I almost never look around there because it is so much trouble. As far as PTI CS goes, it's fine but there are other companies just as good if not better. Gina K's CS is gorgeous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #70  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by TillyView Post
I'm another loyal PTI fan, but find the cost of priority airmail for overseas orders, and the time it takes for the orders to arrive, very frustrating, so to all of you complaining about the costs of small orders, shipping, time to get there, etc., please give a thought to those of us outside of the USA, and imagine the torture we go through every time there's a new release and we have to take currency exchange rates and the like into account! However, I guess there are checks and balances in life, and I live in a beautiful place (see my Blog! LOL) and while so many of you are snowed under or in big cities, having my PTI order cost more and take longer to get here is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things. Anyway, that's my (US $) .02c worth (which in our currency is around .04c!) Go Nichole and the DT girls on PTI!

...you most certainly do live in a beautiful place...a little piece of heaven on earth...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 08:01 AM   #71  
Polyshrink Goddess

PTI is hosting two weeks worth of festivities due to their third anniversary. I've been amazed by all their new product lines coming up, and a new shopping website to boot. I'm fascinated by participating in a weekly challenge and earning points that add up to mean money off my next order! How easy and motivating is that?

I've been visiting Nichole's blog daily to see what new prizes are available. This just might be the time to give them a try if you haven't done so already!

"Life is full of gifts. Look for them."

I've made it to 50 cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #72  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

I own a fair number of PTI stamp sets, paper and inks. My main problem is with the inks. Some of the lighter colors just don't show up at all. I was told to work the inkpad with a spoon, do this, do that, and then it might work. I understand that they've reformulated their inks and was hoping that meant improvement til I read that the lemon barely shows up (in a post above). I can't even imagine SU selling an inkpad that had to be worked with a spoon - demos and customers would have a fit! I think Aqua Mist was one of the big offenders, and it's one of their nicest colors, in my opinion! I guess I expect an inkpad to be the color that it should be when I open the package! I know I'm not the only one to experience this.

Other than that, I love looking at all the previews, their DT is great, and I use a lot of PTI ideas for making my SU cards! :-)
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #73  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollybearView Post
Oh, their new dies and embossing plates are going to break me for sure!!
New dies and embossing plates, you say? Do you have a link to them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #74  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soozie4HimView Post
I own a fair number of PTI stamp sets, paper and inks. My main problem is with the inks. Some of the lighter colors just don't show up at all. I was told to work the inkpad with a spoon, do this, do that, and then it might work. I understand that they've reformulated their inks and was hoping that meant improvement til I read that the lemon barely shows up (in a post above). I can't even imagine SU selling an inkpad that had to be worked with a spoon - demos and customers would have a fit! I think Aqua Mist was one of the big offenders, and it's one of their nicest colors, in my opinion! I guess I expect an inkpad to be the color that it should be when I open the package! I know I'm not the only one to experience this.

Other than that, I love looking at all the previews, their DT is great, and I use a lot of PTI ideas for making my SU cards! :-)
actually, some of SU's inkpads do need a spoon! The craft inks. It's just to help smoosh the ink refill into the pad and loosen it up a bit. No biggie, really.

To be honest, not having any PTI products, I do love their colour palette! I love the soft colours, much softer tones than I've seen elsewhere. A great addition to any ink palette, methinks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 09:20 AM   #75  

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJP111View Post
New dies and embossing plates, you say? Do you have a link to them?
check out Nichole's blog!

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capt...on-plates.html

looks very very cool
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 09:28 AM   #76  
Polyshrink Goddess

Not being really familiar with PTI, I see a lot of comparison between SU and PTI, is it a similiar type of company, with demos and home parties?
I have to be honest the idea of matching ribbon and ink is new to me, I would never have thought it mattered, in fact I only use black ink for the most part, do you use the ink that is the same as a ribbon color to stamp with or distress the edges?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #77  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellesscrapView Post
Not being really familiar with PTI, I see a lot of comparison between SU and PTI, is it a similiar type of company, with demos and home parties?
I have to be honest the idea of matching ribbon and ink is new to me, I would never have thought it mattered, in fact I only use black ink for the most part, do you use the ink that is the same as a ribbon color to stamp with or distress the edges?
No, PTI is online only, with the exception of the SuperShow they attended in Orlando. Many people love the match-thing, it makes it easier for them to create and pull things together.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #78  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by prchvsView Post
check out Nichole's blog!

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capt...on-plates.html

looks very very cool
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love PTI, i'm just hoping that soon they will carry 12x12 cardstock ;)
I would love it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #80  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I think if someone wants to spend time on a site they will find a way. I do believe that the more time you spend on a site.......the easier it is to get around ;)...........

I'm from Canada and the shipping is expensive, however if you spend over $100 (or 125 not sure) you get $10.00 off of shipping, so $13.00 for over $100 worth of product (and yes heavy paper included) is pretty good to Canada.

I do it every month....ugh.....I think I need a pep talk......

My Gallery
Proud Dirty Dozen Alumni!
Proud DT Member for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps
Reply With Quote Likes