Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #121  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to get her to accept me as a friend before I could see it. I SEE IT NOW! I bet she is wondering why all these people want to be her friend all of the sudden.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #122  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Well, after many years of faithfully buying from PTI it was finally my turn to have trouble with PTI. I placed an order on the 15th, and waited, and waited. I kept seeing other people on their forum raving how quickly their packages from release night arrived, how grateful they were for the new tracking feature on their web site, and I had nothing. No tracking number, no package. I totally bypassed CS and posted on the forum and was PM'd by one of the DT members that Nichole looked into my order and discovered that were some duplicate orders, yadayadayada. They would ship it out the next day. Well the next day passed and still no tracking number, so I posted again. This time I was informed that there was a problem with my credit card, the order was never processed could I resubmit my info. Funny, I placed an order two days before and my CC worked fine.
I replied that if I wasn't important enough as a customer to contact me about the problem in nearly two weeks, then they really didn't need me buying from them at all. So that's it for me and PTI.
I don't know if I'm going to stop purchasing their paper and ribbon, but I removed the PTI blog from my reader so I don't get tempted to buy anything else from them.
Now I understand how all those customers felt when they were so blatantly ignored when they had a problem with their orders. It's not a pleasant feeling at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #123  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarinaMView Post
Well, after many years of faithfully buying from PTI it was finally my turn to have trouble with PTI. I placed an order on the 15th, and waited, and waited. I kept seeing other people on their forum raving how quickly their packages from release night arrived, how grateful they were for the new tracking feature on their web site, and I had nothing. No tracking number, no package. I totally bypassed CS and posted on the forum and was PM'd by one of the DT members that Nichole looked into my order and discovered that were some duplicate orders, yadayadayada. They would ship it out the next day. Well the next day passed and still no tracking number, so I posted again. This time I was informed that there was a problem with my credit card, the order was never processed could I resubmit my info. Funny, I placed an order two days before and my CC worked fine.
I replied that if I wasn't important enough as a customer to contact me about the problem in nearly two weeks, then they really didn't need me buying from them at all. So that's it for me and PTI.
I don't know if I'm going to stop purchasing their paper and ribbon, but I removed the PTI blog from my reader so I don't get tempted to buy anything else from them.
Now I understand how all those customers felt when they were so blatantly ignored when they had a problem with their orders. It's not a pleasant feeling at all.
I am sorry to read this. (I've always loved your blog, BTW)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #124  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyoprincesView Post
This is exactly the experience I had, and because of this thread and the blog posts linked upthread, I wrote my own blog post about my experiences. I hate joining in dogpiles, but because of the ways the issues have been handled (on the forum, where outsiders wouldn't necessarily be able to find it), I think it's worthwhile to join the chorus making issues public so that potential new customers might find out more while googling or whatever.
Your post is very well written. Thanks for sharing it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #125  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by vz5dzhView Post
I had to get her to accept me as a friend before I could see it. I SEE IT NOW! I bet she is wondering why all these people want to be her friend all of the sudden.
I'd love to know what it says for the most part - can you clue us in please? thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #126  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by vz5dzhView Post
Yes, she is. I admit I was also burning with curiosity :oops:and went looking, but didn't do anything more.
On her public page, Becky has a status explaining that if she's never heard of you and has zero friends who know you, please no friend requests. She thought she was getting spammed/hacked at first, then someone alerted her to this SCS thread. The message that came through (to me, anyway) is that her original post was visible to friends only, and that's what she intended.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #127  
Rubber Obsessor

Default One would think

that everything is all hunky dory over at the PTI forum. Have all of the naysayers been banned? It is all sunshine over there!
I expected to get banned after my $50 refund debacle, but I wasn't. If past design team members are speaking up, I am guessing that it is much worse over there than thought. I heard from one person that they had an estimated 40% reduction in orders for the March release. Not sure what this was based on but I suspect that is why everyone is receiving their orders so quickly this month.
As far as I am concerned, the DT jumping on the bandwagon is way too little, way too late.
Kudos to those of you whom have spoken up on blogs etc
Ang
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #128  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ang,
I know of at least 6 people that have been banned. I felt that by doing that Papertrey was saying "keep it happy or we will block your ISP."

I guess it's their forum and they can do what they like but it does give the impression that all is well.

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #129  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara32caView Post
Hi Ang,
I know of at least 6 people that have been banned. I felt that by doing that Papertrey was saying "keep it happy or we will block your ISP."

I guess it's their forum and they can do what they like but it does give the impression that all is well.

Barbara
You are correct. It is their forum to do with as they please and they want it to appear everyone is thrilled with their company.

The problem with this approach is people don't just discuss things on forums they also talk among themselves with friends and when they get together with other card makers/scrap bookers.
Word got out about problems with various products or companies long before the Internet. It just took a little longer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #130  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzza111View Post
It said that these former design team members got a dose of the "real" PTI. People are not who they appear to be and the design team members did not stand by the business practices, integrity or ethics of PTI. They left because they "saw the writing on the wall" and are very glad they "got out".

Ami
WOW - I'm just stunned how this is all unfolding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #131  
Stazon Splitcoast

I felt bad about it when I read that Becky is getting a lot of friend requests from strangers. When I read her FB page that info was visible to the public. That's the ONLY reason I felt I could mention the DT members' names here, and they were being mentioned elsewhere online as well.

I also want to say that I wrote to Becky to apologize for the flood of requests and I was not surprised to receive a very kind and gracious response from her. She's a class act and I've always admired her talent.

Last edited by Phantom; 03-31-2012 at 01:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #132  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I previously commented in this thread about a missing die from my PTI Movers & Shakers: Sliders dies. Nicole on her YouTube demo video mentions there should be 4 dies, there are 4 die images on the order page and the order form states that this set includes 4 dies. I re-sent my request for my die and received a reply stating that they were sorry the 'D' die was missing from my order. This was on March 26. A die was going to be sent soon.

I took my chances and placed another other with them and received it within 4 days. It was also a die set. (D---, they have some unique dies so I couldn't resist.) Both dies were present and I was able to play with the 2 styles of cards the dies make.

I am still waiting for my 4th die in the set that was MIA when it was delivered. It's been 7 days since the reply email to my re-sent email re: missing die.

Has anyone received their missing items in this big PTI SNAFU?

I was wondering how the orders were being filled since their online store remains open. Guess it's last in, first out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #133  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think the real question here is -- how many other companies would do this because of their own mistake, and how many would just ship the customers the correct product?

I may have the story wrong but my understanding is that they sent customers the wrong die. (If I have this wrong, someone please correct me.) So... their mistake, but the customer is responsible for it?

Wake up people. This company does not deserve your business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #134  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 807 Likes on 329 Posts

Quote:

So for those of you who are part of the card basic die fiasco, here's a tidbit of info from PTI customer service:

First, PTI is not paying for tracking of the return, so how comfortable are you that PTI will "receive" the return? Their track record isn't the best.

Second, I don't believe this is legal, especially given that the Federal Trade Commission website states:

Q. Am I obligated to return or pay for merchandise I never ordered?

A. No. If you receive merchandise that you didn�t order, you have a legal right to keep it as a free gift.

Unordered Merchandise

I wonder if this will end well for PTI???
You brought up an excellent point, I wonder if people are contacting the local consumer protection office or the Better Business Bureau?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #135  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey all,
Just wanted to pop in and say that by no means do I not want to be your friends on FB (for all of the lovely reasons friends are friends), but I just wasn't sure if the flurry of requests I was getting were from well meaning friends or as a means to just see something I posted. I certainly would want to be your friend for all of the right reasons, and I hope you understand why I had to be careful and take time to process that. Thanks for understanding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #136  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sing n' stampView Post
Hey all,
Just wanted to pop in and say that by no means do I not want to be your friends on FB (for all of the lovely reasons friends are friends), but I just wasn't sure if the flurry of requests I was getting were from well meaning friends or as a means to just see something I posted. I certainly would want to be your friend for all of the right reasons, and I hope you understand why I had to be careful and take time to process that. Thanks for understanding.

You are one classy lady Becky. :-)
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #138  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for posting here, Becky. I have to tell you, if you just keep being your cool self, you'll keep getting those friend requests anyway. I wonder if a lot of others saw your name, saw FB, and thought ~ "That's where I can see what's been up with Becky, I always did like her."

Here's a great spot to see her creations: Hemidemisemiquaver Design Blog.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #139  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnoliaView Post
You brought up an excellent point, I wonder if people are contacting the local consumer protection office or the Better Business Bureau?
The BBB is not what most people think it is.

BBB Facts | BBB Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #140  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 807 Likes on 329 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
The BBB is not what most people think it is.

BBB Facts | BBB Blog
The Federal Trade Commission's website suggests contacting the BBB.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #141  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnoliaView Post
The Federal Trade Commission's website suggests contacting the BBB.
I went back and looked at that when I saw this. I would contact one of the alternatives first. And then I'd write to the FTC and ask them why they refer anyone to the BBB. I'm sure it's just an attempt to get things resolved locally.

I'd guess that the postal inspector or attorney general's office would be better options. The company you are dealing with has to be a member of the BBB in order for them to resolve anything. The BBB is a private entity, operates as franchises and is a business itself with questionable practices ~ run a search and you'll find plenty of reasons to just not bother with them.

I discovered this years ago in dealings with them. Maybe there are cases where the business you're having problems with actually still believes their rating means anything and you can get issues resolved. But for the most part, I believe it's a waste of time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #142  
Hardware Hotshot

This might be a grey area and I don't know the answer

When they say you are not obligated to pay for things you did not order, do they include when you place an order and receive the wrong merchandise ??

I know if someone sends you products unsolicited you have no obligation to pay for them.
There was a time, "before this law", that scammers were sending products with a bill and people thought if they kept the products they had to pay for them
Sending Bibles were big with the scammers in the days before this law !!
After the law the scammers resorted to claiming a deceased loved one had order the Bible before they died and intimidating their grieving relatives to pay for it.

I believe you must send something back to Amazon to get a replacement if you get the wrong product. I could be wrong . I have never gotten a wrong product from Amazon

I'd check this out with the FTC to see how they interpret this law
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #143  
Kookie Creator

If you look further down on that unordered merchandise link it says:

Q. What should I do if the unordered merchandise I received was the result of an honest shipping error?

A. Write the seller and offer to return the merchandise, provided the seller pays for postage and handling. Give the seller a specific and reasonable amount of time (say 30 days) to pick up the merchandise or arrange to have it returned at no expense to you. Tell the seller that you reserve the right to keep the merchandise or dispose of it after the specified time has passed.

Makes me wonder if it would be considered an "honest error." Even if it was, it doesn't say anything about being charged for the merchandise received. What if a customer never saw PTI's notice about being charged?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #144  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

The key words are "arrange to have it returned at no expense to you".

There is no way it can be legal for PTI to charge someone for a die that they return that doesn't make it to PTI. If PTI doesn't send a SASE with tracking, that is their problem not the returner.

I see ANOTHER fiasco on the horizon.

Ami
I totally agree. It's like a train wreck I can't look away from!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #145  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have never bought anything from PTI, but I've often wished for a few of their dies. After reading all the complaints about the company on this forum, I have no intention of buying from them. I am a FIRM believer in customer service--even in this day when customer service is a dying concept.

I am thankful that this thread has not turned as nasty, vile and vicious as a blog I recently visited. It is a blog dedicated to talking "smack" about PTI. I read through some of the posts and WOW, some of those people have some pretty serious anger issues. A few of the comments on that blog show a lot less tack than the company they are complaining about.

I can understand the frustration, but the anger that I saw on that site just isn't healthy. There are a few simple steps to solving the problem:
1) STOP ordering from PTI.
2) CONTACT your credit card companies, Paypal, etc. and put a stop payment on unreceived or incorrect orders.
3) MOURN your loss.
4) MOVE FORWARD with your lives.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #146  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
I have never bought anything from PTI, but I've often wished for a few of their dies. After reading all the complaints about the company on this forum, I have no intention of buying from them. I am a FIRM believer in customer service--even in this day when customer service is a dying concept.

I am thankful that this thread has not turned as nasty, vile and vicious as a blog I recently visited. It is a blog dedicated to talking "smack" about PTI. I read through some of the posts and WOW, some of those people have some pretty serious anger issues. A few of the comments on that blog show a lot less tack than the company they are complaining about.

I can understand the frustration, but the anger that I saw on that site just isn't healthy. There are a few simple steps to solving the problem:
1) STOP ordering from PTI.
2) CONTACT your credit card companies, Paypal, etc. and put a stop payment on unreceived or incorrect orders.
3) MOURN your loss.
4) MOVE FORWARD with your lives.
I am glad about this too. I was involved in the whole Cricut mess. I know about crafter's and their anger issues. :( I love the PTI threads here because they have been informative & extremely classy. My heart goes out to so many of PTI's customers. I really hope things get fixed those customers.

I am really glad the thread was started about PTI. I was about ready to order some paper from them and I was thinking maybe a die set. It helped me make an informed decision.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #147  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have gotten the impression from blogs or that smack blog or somewhere that there is an error on the Simply You set? I read it over and over and cannot find an error. I was going to order that when the dust settles down, I think it is a very cool set. What is wrong with it? Or did I just get confused and there is no issue with that set?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #148  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
I have gotten the impression from blogs or that smack blog or somewhere that there is an error on the Simply You set? I read it over and over and cannot find an error. I was going to order that when the dust settles down, I think it is a very cool set. What is wrong with it? Or did I just get confused and there is no issue with that set?
I believe that one of the sentiments is missing in that set. PTI is supposed to be sending the missing sentiment out to those who had already purchased it.

Don't breed or buy while homeless animals die!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #149  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

The Simply You set is missing the sentiment "are my moon, my stars, my everything." They are supposed to mail them to everyone who got the set without that stamp. I don't know if it's fixed on the sets they have in stock now.

I'm so glad I read this thread. I love PTI's products and their creative mega-talent, but they just don't know how to run a business! I can put up with a lot but banning people is not one of those things. I have a decent amount of points there so I will probably place one more order and stock up on basics when I have the money, but after that it's up to them.

Thanks to everyone for telling your experience and for being polite.

Becky, you are awesome and super classy!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #150  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the info. I resolved to waiting for at least 6 months (to order, let them suss out their CS issues), so it will likely be fixed before then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 05:07 AM   #151  
Die Cut Diva

I forgot to update here. A couple of days ago, the bans of users on the PTI forum were lifted. Rick (the forum administrator) issued a very nice apology, saying that he got caught up in the drama on a stressful day, and that he had no excuse for banning us.

They will still have to do a lot of work if they ever want to regain my trust, but I am pleased that the bans are gone.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #152  
Die Cut Diva

There is so much emotion wrapped up in this, I think the facts become hard to see anymore. Just saying...

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #153  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ami, you answered very well ~ my first reaction was also that the facts are painfully clear.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #154  
Stazon Splitcoast

I still have not received my anniversary set...anyone else?
blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #155  
Stazon Splitcoast

Probably.

That is just so sad.

You may want to visit the forum and ask there.

People also should be receiving their replacement sentiment from that set that was missing it. It will be interesting to hear when they do - I thought the timeline between packing them up and shipping them out was a bit outrageous. Still wondering how that even happens - how do you plan a set and then leave out a sentiment?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #156  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I still have not received my anniversary set...anyone else?
blessings
Amber, I would encourage you, as Nancy did, to head over to the forum and post about this. There is a thread on the first page that is still active, and there have been a number of people who have been receiving their sets in the last couple of weeks.

Members of the Design Team are currently taking shifts on the forum answering questions and submitting information for people with issues that are still unresolved. This may be your best bet for getting this taken care of.

Let us know how it works out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #157  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdjkssssView Post
I forgot to update here. A couple of days ago, the bans of users on the PTI forum were lifted. Rick (the forum administrator) issued a very nice apology, saying that he got caught up in the drama on a stressful day, and that he had no excuse for banning us.

They will still have to do a lot of work if they ever want to regain my trust, but I am pleased that the bans are gone.
Oh thank you! I'm glad that they lifted the bans AND apologized, not just one or the other.

ETA - I'm still not ordering for a while, but I am glad about this.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #158  
Stazon Splitcoast

i got an email from someone asking for my address and that was probably before I went into the hospital 6 weeks ago.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #159  
Pearl-ExPert

I had to post this. Here's another company experiencing some issues due to growth and allowing a balance between work and home life for its employees. See how they are handling it:

Gina K. Designs- StampTV blog: Growing Pains and Some Personal Stuff

The best part is they are communicating honestly with their customers and acknowledging an issue and not hiding it. What a class act. My mom has ordered twice and I'll soon be following her lead. PTI could learn a few things just from reading the above post! If I lived in the area, I'd be applying for a job :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #160  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post
I had to post this. Here's another company experiencing some issues due to growth and allowing a balance between work and home life for its employees. See how they are handling it:

Gina K. Designs- StampTV blog: Growing Pains and Some Personal Stuff

The best part is they are communicating honestly with their customers and acknowledging an issue and not hiding it. What a class act. My mom has ordered twice and I'll soon be following her lead. PTI could learn a few things just from reading the above post! If I lived in the area, I'd be applying for a job :-)
I just came here to see if anyone else knew about this. I got an email from Gina K. Designs this morning. I really hope Papertrey follows this lead. I've been doing a lot of business with Gina K. for three years now and I have to say it's one of the most class act companies I've ever known.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes