Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online ordering-what's my right?

So I have a problem and not sure how to handle it. I am not going to mention the company as I do not want to discredit them.

My husband bought me a Christmas present on December 15 online. We were notified at the time of order that the item wouldn't ship until mid-january. OK, no problem, they let us know.

But, on January 5, the CC was charged. The total was well more than $100.

On January 8, I inquired as to the status of the order, thinking that it must be getting ready to be shipped, since they took the money.
They said no, that it was expected in a couple weeks. No explanation as to why, other than they were backed up on orders.

On Jan 21, I inquired again and this time they said there was a manufacturing problem (something broke) and that it was, yet again, another 2 weeks.

So, I have been waiting ever so patiently because I really want this thing my husband ordered for me.
I have inquired again today, but I do not expect a response for a couple days because of the weekend.

I don't want to cancel the order, I really want this thing, but I am very upset (and so is DH!) that they have had the money more than a month now.
I never get any update from them until I email them asking about it.

What do you think?
Do they really have the right to take money that early?
If YOU really wanted your item, would you continue to wait?
What would you do?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Can you call --not email-- the company and ask to speak to a supervisor? If you really want the item, you'll still have to wait, but they may throw something in as a sweetener. Be sure to have all your dates of communication written down, what they said, etc.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

The person who emailed me, I think is the owner of the business. Don't think i can get much higher than that.

I just wasn't sure if they are allowed to take money for an online purchase until time of shipment, so that I have the opportunity to cancel the order.

Even though i don't want to cancel the order, it would seem as though now I don't even have the option for that anyway, since they already have the money.

I doubt they'll throw anything in, as all their products are over $50.
If they did throw in one of those pricey attachments to my ordered large item, I would definitely forget the whole thing happened when I received them!

I feel bad for them since I "think" it is a home run operation with little help.

I sure hope the quality is as good as i've heard.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

I would still call the owner and let him/her know how disappointed you are with both the credit charge and lack of communication. That you would LOVE to have this product, you are SO EXCITED about this product, but you are thisclose to canceling your order and asking for a refund. You may also want to let her know that you post on one of the larger crafting boards and you haven't mentioned her company by name, but if she keeps being so anti-customer service, you'll be glad to let the splitcoast community know not to spend their money with her company. Sometimes you gotta play a little hardball, know what I mean?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I would respond and say that you are concerned that a) they charged your card far in advance, and b) that YOU have had to call them to find out about all of these delays! That's very annoying.

I do commend you for not naming names in the forums before this is resolved.

I hope it works out for you and you get your item soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #6  
Sis
Insane Embellisher

This use to happen to me at a rubber stamp company. I had to quit using them. Now if you need to order something of this sort I use Addicted to Rubber Stamping. These people are wonderful to deal with.
I am so sorry the people you are dealing with are using your money.When you call I would ask for delivery date and if there will be a discount. You won't get that but maybe they will get off their butts and mail it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

To be on the safe side please check with your cc company as to how long you have to dispute a purchase and able to do a charge-back. I'm thinking 60 days but I'm not 100% sure..I hope you get the item and I admire you for not revealing the company right now..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

You should dispute the charge with your credit card company right away. There usually is only a 60 day window to dispute charges and you only have 30 at most left. If the company fills the order, you can then approve the charge. At the end of the 60-day period, you will be out of luck.

AND out of $100+ dollars.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 06:41 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Well, good news! I got a response on my third inquiry that the order is being shipped today, so I feel much better.

Even though it took a while, I just really wanted this product so bad, that I am just more relieved than anything else.

Thanks for all the advice, and it's good to know for future purchases that I do have charge back rights, I didn't know that before. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 06:58 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know what you mean. You get suck between a rock and a hard place. You want the item really bad, but it you wait too long, you can't get your money back to buy it somewhere else. Its happened to me once and if I don't hear anything about my stuff being shipped within 2 weeks, I'm on the phone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 09:07 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't forget that there is a difference between ordering general merchandise and ordering a custom, hand-made object. I don't know what your wonderful dh ordered for you, but if it's something along the lines of a storage unit of some kind, those are often made on a per-order basis. It is customary to charge ahead of time to cover the costs involved in making the item. If the item was supposedly "in stock" when your dh ordered it, then that would be different I guess...either way, I'm glad you're happy with your gift!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I am dealing with a situation similar to this. I ordered stamps from 2 different companies on the same day. Both charged my account same day. Company A has been wonderful, full communication with emails. Has shipped product. It is coming from UK so I understand it will take a little longer to arrive.Company B has yet to ship product (over 2 weeks now) is working on orders a week prior to my order and doesn't know when it will ship. I find this out today after I called and asked about my order. I asked to cancell my order and recieve a refund and they say that is not the nature of their business. I guess I won't be ordering from them anymore. Will have to just wait another week or 2 for order from them to ship. No email or anything, would be nice to have a status update. Glad is wasn't something I needed for a current project. Will be more selective now where I order from.
Reply With Quote Likes