Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #121  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I look at the cards sometimes late at night while my baby is asleep in the room. If I like it, I will favorite it, but not comment because the clicking of the keys wakes her up! Clicking the mouse, lets her sleep.

You know the old rule... Leave sleeping dogs and babies alone!

There could be a dozen reasons. Comments are optional - not required or "owed". They are very nice to get, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #122  
GMC
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDiegoGal
I have to warn you all that I am really grumpy right now, but I feel like I have to say something.

MY GOD, these are just cards!!!

I remember there was a thread going where people were upset that they didn't get any comments.

Then there was a thread that people were upset because the comments they got were only like "Cute!" Great Job!" just "generic" comments with no "real" validation.

Now a thread that, I've been favorited, but get hardly any comments???

I've heard it all. This is SO ridiculous.

Just be happy that the number of times your card has been viewed isn't a big fat ZERO.
WOW! Thanks for posting that....it's right along the same lines I was thinking but probably a bit more eloquent than what I would have said.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #123  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shell
I agree with that. I also think that if someone can take the time to look at the card, they can take a second to comment on it. One little word (nice, great, cute, pretty) can make someone's day. So many views and so few comments. I just don't get it.
I agree - I am so excited whenever I get comments on one of my cards. I try to leave comments when I find something that I want to save in my favorites, but don't always have something "profound" to say about it. Sometimes I just like the overall effect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #124  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinMelis
All I can say is that it is an HONOR to me to have been favorited (new verb!) by someone, and that I will not look a gift horse in the mouth! Comment or no, I don't care, just knowing that someone took the time to favorite me thrills me to no end.
you made me laugh because instead of don't look a gift horse in the mouth, my neice came up with don't lick a horse if he has bed teeth!!
I resolve to leave more comments!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #125  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

When I first started spending time on SCS I remember thinking, "This comment thing is very uplifting." So I thought I had better leave some if I want to get some. If I could share with you all that I have going on here in my teeny tiny part of the world... you'd probably think it was my job to hold up the world (he he he...). Better yet, I can almost bet you could care less what all I have going on here in my teeny tiny section. Why? Because your teeny tiny part of the world is just as big as my teeny tiny part.

I still try to leave comments when I know I have time to do so (hmmm... like now... almost midnight.) Otherwise, I am usually sneaking in to peak at the latest challenge submissions. I just run out of time to look if I leave tons of comments (especially at the speed I type-I'm no secretary.)

I view being favorited as even BETTER than the getting comments. I don't always "favorite" on the ones which I comment. Make sense? When someone favorites me, I can almost bet my talent is moving on without me even knowing it. I see it as God's way of "paying it forward."
Drop by and say "hi!"
"More than anything else, love one another deeply
because love outweighs everything."
1 Peter 4:8
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #126  
Rubber Obsessor

Instead of complaining about no one leaving a comment, be happy that they liked your card enough to add it to their favorites. I would think that would be an honor and wouldnt complain about it at all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #127  
Compulsive Stamper

Okay I admit it, I rarely post comments and add some cards to my favorites. Usually if many people posted a comment that I was thinking I will not post, but if it is a card that has not had many posts and I add it I try to say something. I did not even think that this might offend or bother people. We are all so busy now days that I would take it as a compliment that people are opening up your cards and especially if they are saving them to their favorites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2007, 10:19 AM   #128  
Mad Swapper

I have been viewing this website for a while now and just recently figured out how to even add comments. I never thought about doing it so I never took the time to learn how. I have been figuring out more and more about this website and it is very overwhelming. I just figured out how to upload a few cards in the last month or so and now I see how special it is when someone does leave a comment. I am definately going to try and do the same now that I know how much it means. Sometimes we just need to be told!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2007, 10:23 AM   #129  
Crimping Master

Default comment thread

I've been making more of an effort to leave comments after joining this thread. Its a fun way to see peoples gallery that you might not have viewed before and you always get comments in retun. I've gotten my cards added to favorites also by joining this comment thread............... a great feeling.
Kelley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #130  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: imprisoned temporarily in my own house! arrrgh!!&^%$#@

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWTW Junkie
At first I was very excited to hear we now can view how many people have favorited our cards.

But now I'm not to thrilled anymore. I have multiple cards with 9 or 10 favorites, and not a single comment.

If someone likes my card enough to add it to their favorites, then why on earth can't they take 30 seconds to tell me what they like about it, or thank me for uploading?

I think it's rude! Anyone else feel that way? Anybody feel up to sharing WHY you do that, if you're one of them?

I couldn't agree MORE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2007, 10:31 AM   #131  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: imprisoned temporarily in my own house! arrrgh!!&^%$#@

Quote:

Originally Posted by debilu
you made me laugh because instead of don't look a gift horse in the mouth, my neice came up with don't lick a horse if he has bed teeth!!
I resolve to leave more comments!!

OMG.....I am cracking up here!!! that is tooooo funny!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #132  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When I am looking at the gallery I leave a comment and then I add it to my favorites.

I have some cards that have only 1 comment and then I look to see how many have favor it!

Most of the time many more have it in their favorites then have left comments.

It would be nice if they could leave a comment along with putting it in their favorites.

I promise I won't get a BIG HEAD from the comments..........lol!! ;) ;)

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2007, 01:14 PM   #133  
Matboard Maniac

Personally, I think it's great! Sure it would be cool to see a comment, because it really makes you feel so special, however, seeing that someone liked my card enough to favorite it is a really wonderful feeling as well. I must admit I scour the uploads for cards I like, and don't always leave a comment, it will be my goal to do that more. Before we had that feature, we could only see the comments. So if you only saw 1 or 2 comments, it was cool, but how can you be upset knowing how many times someone put your card in their fave file! That makes my day!

My own GALLERIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2007, 08:53 AM   #134  
Montague Mingler

I'm with others who've posted here. I add to my favs when I want to CASE or share a particular card. I have always tried to comment if I view a card, even if it's just a TFS. Now that I'm actually posting, I can see how much this means to the poster!

My family coat of arms ties at the back... is that normal?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2007, 09:12 AM   #135  
Gallery Gazer

Sorry I dont have a gallery yet (technically challenged) but I would be honored just that someone put me in their faves.......I think it is a time issue not that they are trying to be rude. I will try and remember to take a few seconds and post a comment.
Matthew 6:34 �So don�t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today�s trouble is enough for today."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2007, 09:31 AM   #136  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well as a brand new newbie, I had no idea that comments were so desirable or might be expected if I wanted to put things in my favs (which I actually just discovered last night and started to use...sorry to those I didn't comment on). I too am finding that SCS is a huge time sink as it is and if I feel like I can't look at and save things w/o commenting, that is I guess both good news and bad news! I guess that will slow me down some and I'll get back to the other things in my life I've been neglecting. I will be sad though because I was loving looking at everyone's ideas. I think instead that I will continue to try and comment on really striking things and I will also make a point to comment and thank anyone I do eventually wind up CASEing (if I ever stop surfing here and actually STAMP! LOL).

I think that you really have to keep things in perspective in online forums. This is a HUMONGOUS membership and it will probably serve everyone to try and wear their steel-toed boots...it's just wayyyyy to easy to have your toes stepped on if you're wandering around barefoot! ;) Assumptions of rudeness are probably only going to serve to raise your blood pressure. No good can come of that! I have found this community to be really refreshing in attitude. These places are very rare online and we will all be well served to treasure and protect that. I have only ever found 2 others like this online and they are a heck of a lot smaller than this one.

Peg
Reply With Quote Likes