Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: in a parallel universe, where i get to stamp all day!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartsmilesView Post
New. Favorite. Saying.
Mine, too. It also has that same alliterative quality as the SU colors :-)
Jaydee
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 07:35 AM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger53186View Post
this is my favorite part of every new catalog. where the scoop gets out because SU does not make it very secure and then people yell at each other on line for two weeks. Good grapenuts girls! this happens every time!!! really. every single time. I kind of look forward to it. what in heavens name does that say about me. NO! no need to tell me. I know. Love to you all. And THAT I truly mean.
:mrgreen: I love this post!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i love the sneak peeks!

...and can't get enough of 'em! I think it's smart to create a buzz for what's coming ahead and getting customers excited about the new stuff. I'm wonderin about the "new configuration" of punches...I'm on the fence on ordering the scallop circle and designer lable punches old-style at stamp group tonite or waiting to see if they will be like the newer style punches released earlier this year. Oh well, waiting, waiting....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #44  
Die Cut Diva

Default I got some time with the new catalog today!

Personally, I don't see the big deal and agree with the OP who said this is part of the fun and a build-up getting everyone excited to buy. So, I'm sharing a couple things I remember. Y'all can yell at my demo later - or better yet, not.

The colors are nice, but I guess everyone knows about those by now. There is a new owl punch that is going to be fun, and a new bat punch. I was disappointed there are no new embosslits, maybe the Christmas mini. Personally, I was relieved to see so many returning sets; after the large retiring list, I was afraid there would be too many new sets to tempt, but I feel better now. Of course, there are new ones, too many to remember them all here. The ones that jumped out at me were an asian set with 2 children and a string of chinese lanterns, and there's a nature set with a buffalo and a (sitting) bald eagle.

My next SU expenditures will be primarily on building up new colors stashes. Oh, and I like the new DP better than I have recently - the colors go so much better together, IMO. There is one for Christmas that is closer to traditional colors - cherry cobbler and old olive; I was very glad to see that. Still not "Christmas" red and green, but not in the teal/turquoise family either. Since I don't follow the "retiring" list, I noticed the small star punch is gone. I had heard that the boho blossoms punch was being retired, but it's still there. There's a large (2 3/8", I think) new scalloped punch as well.

Okay, there's what I remember at the moment. Hopefully that will help somone anticipate more concretely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #45  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine ElliottView Post
Try these.
Thanks so much
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #46  
Forum Fanatic

For those of you with a catalog already - are you allowed to tell us whether or not there is another one of those pattern paper packs as a level 1 hostess bennie again? (LOVE THOSE!!!)

Last edited by Crafty Math Chick; 06-10-2010 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #47  
Forum Fanatic

Smile YIPPEE!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
Yes, there is a patterned paper pack as a hostess set.
SWEET! (clapping and jumping up and down) I think I like getting these 'free' more than the stamp sets! I use them a lot. THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #48  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafty Math ChickView Post
For those of you with a catalog already - are you allowed to tell us whether or not there is another one of those pattern paper packs as a level 1 hostess bennie again? (LOVE THOSE!!!)
Ok. Here is the deal...we are not supposed to share things online just yet although we can post pics of the projects we have made. We can however talk to u in person and show you the catty so call you demo and schedule a visit!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #49  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Ok. Here is the deal...we are not supposed to share things online just yet although we can post pics of the projects we have made. We can however talk to u in person and show you the catty so call you demo and schedule a visit!
Oh sorry, I thought it would be okay to ask something general like that, without a picture of the actual item or something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #50  
Insane Embellisher

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So if I signed up as a new demo this past week, when can I see the new catty?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

hmmmmmmmmmmm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Who threw the first PUNCH? Get it? Punch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger53186View Post
this is my favorite part of every new catalog. where the scoop gets out because SU does not make it very secure and then people yell at each other on line for two weeks. Good grapenuts girls! this happens every time!!! really. every single time. I kind of look forward to it. what in heavens name does that say about me. NO! no need to tell me. I know. Love to you all. And THAT I truly mean.

LOL...... oh, I think SU does it on purpose. They probably even pay a few demos (in stamps) to get people fighting over it all. Just kidding.

Maybe it looks better in person, but the cardstock colors in the peek looks drab to me. (let the fight begin over that comment...lol) just joking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
LOL...... oh, I think SU does it on purpose. They probably even pay a few demos (in stamps) to get people fighting over it all. Just kidding.

Maybe it looks better in person, but the cardstock colors in the peek looks drab to me. (let the fight begin over that comment...lol) just joking!
Evelyn... I promise you the sneak peeks don't do any of the colors justice. I am absolutely loving the colors. check out some of the gallery cards to have a look at the colors... hopefully you will like them better then...
jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.QView Post
So if I signed up as a new demo this past week, when can I see the new catty?
As soon as you go visit your upline, or as soon as your new order arrives :-)
jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #55  

Quote:

I felt much the same until I got them! In person and all together they are really gowing on me as is a lot of the sneak peek stuff. So much so that I want to order a bunch more haha. So hopefully uou will like the colors IRL!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Oh sorry, I thought it would be okay to ask something general like that, without a picture of the actual item or something.
Hi CraftyMathChick
as a customer it is ok to ask the questions. :-) so, no need to apologize. Minders was just letting you know that some of the demos may not answer your question, cos the demos aren't supposed to answer in public forums, but many will answer this sort of general question. customers who have seen the catty will give you much more info.

or, go check with your demo to see if she has a catty and can let you have a peek :-)
jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #57  

Quote:

Don't apologize! Jaydee was right, I was just stating the "rules" as I'm a rule follower...just putting it out there. I know people are going to talk and that's fine, just wanted to say "this here is the deal....or it's supposed to be". :-)

Didn't mean to sound like I scolded you or anything, sorry if it came across that way! I was at work and on my blackberry so I typed a quick reply:-) As far as I know we aren't supposed to do anything but talk about products for pre order online. And we can share pics of projects but not of the actual products I think...there are a lot of rules and they can be confusing:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #58  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinbhView Post
I hear ya, Deb, on the back orders and price increase. I think SU! is probably working double time to figure out how to fix the back order issues. Most demos are really stressing about it, too. As for your demo taking a month to get your supplies- I'm not sure what the deal is with that. It should NOT take that long (unless of course it was because of a back order). If not, maybe you need to find another demo? I hope you are happy with the new catty- I personally think it's the best one yet!
I'm in a monthly club, and our last meeting was on the 19th of May. I'm still waiting for my order (Square Lattice Embossing Folder-Elements of Style-Soft Suede stamp pad), along with a package of Mellow Moss cardstock which I ordered back in April. It's not unusual for my demo to pass out the previous month's orders at the next club meeting.

I'm withholding judgement on the new catalog until I see it, but I have not been impressed with the sneak peaks. They just don't seem to be my style. I like what I see of some of the new colors, but at that price I can't afford the paper. Can someone tell me about the variety packs-number of sheets, cost? I'm on a budget for stamping supplies for the next few months.

And I'd also be interested in the Watercolor Crayons. I have Earth Elements & Soft Subtles. I was planning on ordering the other 2 color families until the color reoganization. Did they reorganize the crayons into the new color families as well? Are they offering them in singles to fill in for the new families?

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #59  

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollybearView Post
I don't see any stamps and only a couple of colors I will consider. I am kind of relieved as I want to give SU as little as possible due to what they did to demos, increased prices, and poor customer service. I am also a little tired of the way they manipulate customers.
Keep in mind this is only a SMALL sampling of what is new. There is WAYYYYY more new stuff in the catty.

I'm not really ok with the PDF being out there as it's for demos only but that's neither here nor there and it's out so it is what it is. A lot of the stuff I wasn't crazy about at first is growing on me either through seeing samples, ideas in the new catty or I'm just coming around to it on my own...

As far as prices, yes some stuff has gone up but I'd like to point out that some stuff in the new catty is actually CHEAPER:-) Buttons for instance (which I NEVER got before and am TOTALLY getting soon) will be cheaper per piece and I like the color offering better too!

Personally, I don't think SU "did" anything to us demos besides keep current in the market and times. Su doesn't make us buy crazy amounts of stuff (and the discourage cash and carry, which is a great thing...then when they DO retire stuff we aren't stuck with leftover merch!)...most of us choose to do that on our own...at least I do anyway, LOL!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzza111View Post
I'm not a demo but this was sent to me so I thought I'd share since there are already other files in this thread. Enjoy!
I bet that newsprint is sold out the first week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #61  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,554 Likes on 669 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

I bet that newsprint is sold out the first week.
If I have anything to do with it it will be Love that stuff
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #62  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandblueView Post
If I have anything to do with it it will be Love that stuff
I know, it says limit 3. Is that 3 a day, a week, an order? lol

I think I need 3, and I know my sister needs 3, and my brother needs 3. (oh yeah, I don't have a brother..... oops). :?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #63  

Quote:

I know, it says limit 3. Is that 3 a day, a week, an order? lol

I think I need 3, and I know my sister needs 3, and my brother needs 3. (oh yeah, I don't have a brother..... oops). :?
LOL, see this is why the pre order PDF shouldn't be posted to the public:-)

Pre orders have limits on them, say for stamps and things like punches demos may only order ONE each during the pre order period. For consumables like the DSP and other embellies we can usually order three...in the whole month...total. So don't go blaming Lydia when they run out...how ever many packs she may want to buy Hehe.

So...it's not like there is a limit when the catty goes live...except for inventory which I hope they have a TON of everything...and now I'm off to put in ANOTHER pre order for the stuff I didn't get that that talented demos posting stuff have made me want, LOL!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

everyone basically knows its for demos. SU will NEVER keep the sneak peaks private for demos only while they post PDFs. I actually already saw the PDF sneak peak on a blog of a demo so it has been out there for days before it was ever posted here on SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #65  

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
everyone basically knows its for demos. SU will NEVER keep the sneak peaks private for demos only while they post PDFs. I actually already saw the PDF sneak peak on a blog of a demo so it has been out there for days before it was ever posted here on SCS.
I was only stating that I didn't like it. And not everyone knows it's for demos only. And then last year when we got a percentage off, then people were upset when the prices were higher....so again, I personally don't think it's a good idea to share it. That's all.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #66  
Rubber Obsessor

I don't know if anyone will answer this, but I'll ask anyway! Are the prices listed in the pdf the same prices that will be in the catalog, or do they reflect the demo discount?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #67  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

LOL, see this is why the pre order PDF shouldn't be posted to the public:-)

Pre orders have limits on them, say for stamps and things like punches demos may only order ONE each during the pre order period. For consumables like the DSP and other embellies we can usually order three...in the whole month...total. So don't go blaming Lydia when they run out...how ever many packs she may want to buy Hehe.

So...it's not like there is a limit when the catty goes live...except for inventory which I hope they have a TON of everything...and now I'm off to put in ANOTHER pre order for the stuff I didn't get that that talented demos posting stuff have made me want, LOL!

oh,thank you. i didn't know that. i'm not a demo (obviously) and i have just recently been introduced to SU last year. so i am learning as i go. i think it's really wonderful how loyal the SU ladies are to their products and product line. how excited they are about their craft. especially how generous they are in sharing all their knowledge. sharing all their talent in the thousands of cards they donate a year to special causes. helping all the newbies like me. some people may think that SU people think they are a bit snobby because SU is not cheap by any means. but i don't see that at all in any of my experiences with anyone here. SU really does have extremely high quality products and you get what you pay for (as they say).

didnt mean to start a rant...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #68  
Crimping Master

Quote:

oh,thank you. i didn't know that. i'm not a demo (obviously) and i have just recently been introduced to SU last year. so i am learning as i go. i think it's really wonderful how loyal the SU ladies are to their products and product line. how excited they are about their craft. especially how generous they are in sharing all their knowledge. sharing all their talent in the thousands of cards they donate a year to special causes. helping all the newbies like me. some people may think that SU people think they are a bit snobby because SU is not cheap by any means. but i don't see that at all in any of my experiences with anyone here. SU really does have extremely high quality products and you get what you pay for (as they say).

There are a lot of stamp companies that offer -very- high quality stamps and do a lot of charity work, not just SU.

I honestly don't know why the Demos get their knickers in such a twist when something is leaked. Seriously... who cares?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #69  
Compulsive Stamper

thanks mzza111........that thread was great! Tomorrow I attend out monthly SU workshop and will enjoy letting our demonstrator see that not all of us wait around for her information (which she often forgets to let us in on). I just love this thread and all the info I'm gaining. Just like the old "coffee clatches" my mother would have back in the 50's about Tupperware. Wowser...........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #70  
Compulsive Stamper

cinnistew...you go girl. I love so many stamps that I have refrained from purchasing SU's for quite a while. I am in love with acrylics and the ability to do some much finer work. Although, some of my heart still belongs to SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #71  
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 248 Likes on 132 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by debithejediView Post
.... ..... Just like the old "coffee clatches" my mother would have back in the 50's about Tupperware. Wowser...........
This is oh SO from my era!!! Thanks for the "look back"!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #72  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by debithejediView Post
cinnistew...you go girl. I love so many stamps that I have refrained from purchasing SU's for quite a while. I am in love with acrylics and the ability to do some much finer work. Although, some of my heart still belongs to SU.
LOL... I just hate to see people limit themselves to one stamp company. There are so many wonderful stamp companies nowadays that make gorgeous stamps, paper, and embellishments.

I hope the new SU catty has some new different styles of stamps. Guess we'll see in a few weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 02:47 AM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

This is what that sneak peek just did for me - I did not like the peeks in the gallery.

NOW, I want the Baby Bundle stamp set, the Newsprint paper is AWESOME!!!! ,
and I love the new color coach!

I can't wait to get all the new markers and paper. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 03:47 AM   #74  

Quote:

Glad you have had a positive experience! And Cinnestew, I think she was just sating this fact, that she's happy with SU. I wish as stampers, because that's what we all are, we could all get along and not bash someone for simply stating their experience or love for a company, whatever company! I've said it before and I'll say it again, had a CTMH demo got to me before the SU one, I'm pretty sure I'd be all CTMH, KWIM?

And for those who have mentioned that it's "bad" to limit to one company or that we are snobby if we are SU only, I'm sorry you feel that way. I can't speak for others but please don't feel that I'm "excluding" other stamps or I'm a snob or I'm missing out on something and I was SUO long before becoming a demo. I'm NOT! The reason I go with only SU is because I don't do well with a lot of choices for one. I'd have way more stuff than I'd know what to do with if I bought from lots of places and I did. I am SO much more creative and USE more of my stuff now and am totally HAPPY. I also love to shop....so much that I could probably have a problem if I got carried away with it...SO that's another reasons I go SUO. I know what works for you is your thing and I'm totally cool with that, I KNOW there are a ton of other great companies out there, please have the same respect for those of us who are SUO (or whatever company you choose).

For those of you unhappy with your demo (who may quite possibly just be following the rules as she understands them) find a new one, one who better suits your needs. That's the great thing, you can shop around!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 04:54 AM   #75  
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 248 Likes on 132 Posts

.... wrong thread .... :oops:
Carry On! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 06:56 AM   #76  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammyView Post
.... wrong thread .... :oops:
Carry On! ;)
See.... you had me scouring this thread for "coffee clatches" wondering what I was missing ... and now you tell me you had the wrong thread :-) now, I have to go find the thread that this refers to cos you have my curiosity going :-)
jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 07:00 AM   #77  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
This is what that sneak peek just did for me - I did not like the peeks in the gallery.

NOW, I want the Baby Bundle stamp set, the Newsprint paper is AWESOME!!!! ,
and I love the new color coach!

I can't wait to get all the new markers and paper. LOL
Lazorkay... I love the baby bundle set, too! Now we just need to keep Lydia away from the Newsprint paper :-)
jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 08:30 AM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Glad you have had a positive experience! And Cinnestew, I think she was just sating this fact, that she's happy with SU. I wish as stampers, because that's what we all are, we could all get along and not bash someone for simply stating their experience or love for a company, whatever company! I've said it before and I'll say it again, had a CTMH demo got to me before the SU one, I'm pretty sure I'd be all CTMH, KWIM?

And for those who have mentioned that it's "bad" to limit to one company or that we are snobby if we are SU only, I'm sorry you feel that way. I can't speak for others but please don't feel that I'm "excluding" other stamps or I'm a snob or I'm missing out on something and I was SUO long before becoming a demo. I'm NOT! The reason I go with only SU is because I don't do well with a lot of choices for one. I'd have way more stuff than I'd know what to do with if I bought from lots of places and I did. I am SO much more creative and USE more of my stuff now and am totally HAPPY. I also love to shop....so much that I could probably have a problem if I got carried away with it...SO that's another reasons I go SUO. I know what works for you is your thing and I'm totally cool with that, I KNOW there are a ton of other great companies out there, please have the same respect for those of us who are SUO (or whatever company you choose).

For those of you unhappy with your demo (who may quite possibly just be following the rules as she understands them) find a new one, one who better suits your needs. That's the great thing, you can shop around!
Minders - Who is bashing????
I have not read anything by Cinnestew that is bashing SU or any demo or customer. Cinnestew does NOT tear into SCSers that state things/opinions about SU and so on like I have seen others do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #79  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile Having Fun in Scrappy Town!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinnistewView Post
There are a lot of stamp companies that offer -very- high quality stamps and do a lot of charity work, not just SU.

I honestly don't know why the Demos get their knickers in such a twist when something is leaked. Seriously... who cares?

You are absolutely right! There are so many wonderful stamp companies out there. I think this is one of my absolute favorite sets: http://www.heroarts.com/products/pro...219&subCat=B03

And have you seen this one from Hero Arts? It is so sweet: bicycle card by cbuswell at Splitcoaststampers arts bicycle

Who doesn�t love ladybugs?: WT113 A Happy Life by 2009700 at Splitcoaststampers trey ink lady bug

I remember one time:
I was in 6th grade and my best friend thought her boyfriend Russ McCrory was the cutest boy in the class, but I thought John Penfield was the cutest. So we sent a note around to all the girls asking them who they thought was the cutest.

But Mrs. Ramage got a hold of it and quickly reminded us, �We are in Math class, not Cute Boys Class.�

OOPS! I forgot that Sherry started this thread to get a peek at the new SU catalog. I apologize to Sherry for taking this off topic. Cinnestew, do you know how to start a thread? I�m new so I don�t know how. If you start a thread for people to post their favorite stamp set I think people would have fun with that. I looked in your gallery to see what kind of themes you like, but you haven�t posted a card yet. I�ve only posted one so far. I�ve made a couple but I didn�t think they were camera worthy. Let me know when you post a card, I would love to see it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #80  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Cinnestew, do you know how to start a thread? I�m new so I don�t know how. ...
FYI, go to the forum you're interested in starting a thread (like Announcements, General Stamping Talk, etc.). On the left side right above the "Threads in Forum" is a little button that says New Thread. You click on that, and away you go!
Reply With Quote Likes