Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:52 PM   #281  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I did! I got one e-mail with the demo number, then a different e-mail with a password (which you then have to change the first time you sign in)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 12:57 PM   #282  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, then, I will be mailing mine in tomorrow. Keep us posted on how long it takes to get your goodies!
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #283  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenrnView Post
Do you get your Demo number via email?
Once your demo gets word from SU that your paperword has been processed, you can call SU! and they will give you your demo number along with access to the Demo Web Site. If you need assistance, your Demo Upline should be able to help you out.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #284  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Do you get your Demo number via email?
Yes!~ It came today! My demo sent the paperwork in on Friday, I can't believe it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 01:32 PM   #285  
Crimping Master

Where on the form do you specify which free family of inkpads you want?
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #286  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Where on the form do you specify which free family of inkpads you want?
Just in the top margin of the form. Maybe highlight it.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #287  
Crimping Master

Thanks!
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #288  
Kookie Creator

Oh, I soooo want to sign up to be a demo! I've been thinking about it non-stop since Aug 10th when the free family of inkpad promo started! I've thought about it for a while, but now, I got my hubby to say okay! So, I've been interviewing a few demos, trying to get a feel for who will be the best match for me. And I've been researching on whether or not I need a business license.

Turns out, my city says yes, I do need a business license. The fees for the license and the home occupational permit will be upwards of $160! I'm thinking....with the cost of these fees, plus the cost of buying materials for workshops, classes, etc, will I even see enough income to cover for everything?

When I told my husband about the fees, he started to balk! He doesn't want to see us paying money out of our pockets just for me to be a demo! Oh please, ladies! Is there anything I can say to him that might make this situation look better? I guess I could say that all my expenses will be a tax write off, right???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 03:54 PM   #289  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by becky.kwanView Post
Oh, I soooo want to sign up to be a demo! I've been thinking about it non-stop since Aug 10th when the free family of inkpad promo started! I've thought about it for a while, but now, I got my hubby to say okay! So, I've been interviewing a few demos, trying to get a feel for who will be the best match for me. And I've been researching on whether or not I need a business license.

Turns out, my city says yes, I do need a business license. The fees for the license and the home occupational permit will be upwards of $160! I'm thinking....with the cost of these fees, plus the cost of buying materials for workshops, classes, etc, will I even see enough income to cover for everything?

When I told my husband about the fees, he started to balk! He doesn't want to see us paying money out of our pockets just for me to be a demo! Oh please, ladies! Is there anything I can say to him that might make this situation look better? I guess I could say that all my expenses will be a tax write off, right???
Becky -- the expenses will most likely be a be a tax write off (you'd need to check with a tax professional to be 100% sure). Also, check again about the business license. Would you need one if you did strictly direct sales/party plan, so that none of the sales activities took place in your home? Sometimes there are exceptions for party plan/direct sellers. If there is an exception that might mean that you would not be able to do classes and stuff in your home, but that might make your hubby happy. :rolleyes:

The other thing to tell hubby is that you can recoup $160 with the instant income you'll get from 2-3 average parties. If you're serious about the business and aggressively pursue leads and customers, you could do that in your first month. I'm not saying that it's a breeze to find willing hostesses, and it would certainly involve work on your part both to line up the parties and get ready for them, but if you put your mind to it you could do it.

Finally, if you're only going to buy for yourself, strictly speaking you're not a business and a license would be unnecessary.

HTH!

Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #290  
Crimping Master

I got my e-mail with my password and another one saying that my goodies are on their way!!!

The web site has tons of information for new demos. Very informative.

Im really looking forward to my goodies. The turn around was actually very fast. I sent in my application just a few days ago.

Im an SU DEMO!!!!! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 06:31 PM   #291  
Polyshrink Goddess

Got my paperwork all filled in, gonna express it in the morning...I'm kind of freaking out, not that I'm doing it, but that I won't be able to hook enough people in to make it profitable......EEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!

Oh well, if it's only for a hobby, I'll always have my discount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #292  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by inegoView Post
Got my paperwork all filled in, gonna express it in the morning...I'm kind of freaking out, not that I'm doing it, but that I won't be able to hook enough people in to make it profitable......EEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!

Oh well, if it's only for a hobby, I'll always have my discount.
Congrats Carol, and good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 09:10 PM   #293  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Carol and Barbie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2007, 09:24 AM   #294  
Mad Swapper

Ok, I'm filling out all my paperwork this afternoon with my demo - I'm so excited!

Now I have a question about placing orders. If I place an order and the customer price (not the demo amount) is enough to qualify for a hostess gift do I get to order a hostess gift with it? I'm doing my wish list for my first order (the 30% off one) and I've come up to $355 regular price for everything I'm wanting to get, so I'm trying to figure out how that will work....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2007, 09:29 AM   #295  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for the encouragement, Diane. I know I'm excited about SU! & I hope that'll show when I do my first open house (& subsequent workshops or classes) & hope that'll be contagious. I'm mentally preparing myself to "give it a go" for at least a year & see what happens. Thankfully, my hubby hasn't turned around & said that he thinks I shouldn't do it, even with the business license fees. So, I'll take that as a good sign.

I was hoping to do my first open house on the last weekend of October - so I thought I could make myself wait until mid-September to sign up, so I can take advantage of the 30% instant income for that open house. Is this silly? I've been obsessing about signing up for only 2 weeks now (since the promo started 8/10), I feel like I'm constantly thinking/eating/drinking/breathing/dreaming SU! day and night! Thank goodness we're going on a family vacation this weekend, maybe it'll give me a distraction. But afterwards, I'll still be waiting a couple more weeks to sign up - is this nutty? Or do you think I should I just do it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2007, 09:30 AM   #296  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmg.sweetView Post
Ok, I'm filling out all my paperwork this afternoon with my demo - I'm so excited!

Now I have a question about placing orders. If I place an order and the customer price (not the demo amount) is enough to qualify for a hostess gift do I get to order a hostess gift with it? I'm doing my wish list for my first order (the 30% off one) and I've come up to $355 regular price for everything I'm wanting to get, so I'm trying to figure out how that will work....
You will get the hostess benefits regardless of what kind of order you place (customer order, workshop order or demo order) as long as the retail price of the products (the price listed in the catalog, not the price you actually pay) is over $150. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2007, 03:36 PM   #297  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdianeView Post
You will get the hostess benefits regardless of what kind of order you place (customer order, workshop order or demo order) as long as the retail price of the products (the price listed in the catalog, not the price you actually pay) is over $150. HTH
Thanks! I just took my demo signup forms to the post office. Can't Wait!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2007, 04:46 PM   #298  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Once you get your on line access you can "practice order" placing all your items into the system, it prompts you if you earned a hostess set or free merchandise, etc. Keep in mind that if you place a demo order for yourself you are taxed only on the price you pay. if you place a customer order you pay tax on the retail value that you presumably collected from your customer. There are also other things you can buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #299  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I feel like I'm constantly thinking/eating/drinking/breathing/dreaming SU! day and night!
OMG! You crack me up! Exactly how I feel too.......

Does that mean we have a problem????
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 02:11 AM   #300  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

OMG! You crack me up! Exactly how I feel too.......

Does that mean we have a problem????
I think so - I had to take my catalog in to Office Depot to get bound yesterday, I've flipped through the pages so much in the last week trying to pick out those "need to have at 30% off" items that it was fallling apart. :-D

I put my paperwork in the priority mail yesterday, now I'll start incessantly checking my email for my id/password info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 02:13 AM   #301  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I think so - I had to take my catalog in to Office Depot to get bound yesterday, I've flipped through the pages so much in the last week trying to pick out those "need to have at 30% off" items that it was fallling apart. :-D

I put my paperwork in the priority mail yesterday, now I'll start incessantly checking my email for my id/password info.
Well ok, maybe I'll give it until tomorrow before I start incessantly checking email. I'm going to be useless at work today!:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 04:36 AM   #302  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Thanks to everyone for your advice and suggestions. Mine goes out in the mail this morning!!! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 05:02 AM   #303  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I was hoping to do my first open house on the last weekend of October - so I thought I could make myself wait until mid-September to sign up, so I can take advantage of the 30% instant income for that open house. Is this silly? I've been obsessing about signing up for only 2 weeks now (since the promo started 8/10), I feel like I'm constantly thinking/eating/drinking/breathing/dreaming SU! day and night! Thank goodness we're going on a family vacation this weekend, maybe it'll give me a distraction. But afterwards, I'll still be waiting a couple more weeks to sign up - is this nutty? Or do you think I should I just do it?

I feel your pain. I can't have my open house until October either so I have been impatiently waiting to mail my paper work. I get to mail it the end of next week though. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 05:35 AM   #304  
Matboard Maniac

Question Q: how long to receive the starter kit?

I am planing to have an open house the 2nd week of October, when should I mail my paper, so that I have plenty of time to get the starter kit (to make stuff....I currently own very few items)???

For those of you who sent in the paper, how long did it take to get the starter kit?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 05:50 AM   #305  
Mad Swapper

I would send it now. I'm not sure where you are located, but I'm in NC and it took me nearly 10 full days to get mine....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:27 AM   #306  
Kookie Creator

1sttimemommey-- See post #135 (pg 4) of this thread for my experience. (Sorry, I haven't figured out how to post quotes or anything yet!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:41 AM   #307  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by uk79eeView Post
I feel your pain. I can't have my open house until October either so I have been impatiently waiting to mail my paper work. I get to mail it the end of next week though.
I guess you are right! If you mail it Sept 1st, you will have until mid-Oct to put your first order in and get the extra 30%. This might be do-able for me!

Then I need to work hard to try and come up with some scrapbook ideas to convert my scrapping friends...

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #308  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCDstamperView Post
1sttimemommey-- See post #135 (pg 4) of this thread for my experience. (Sorry, I haven't figured out how to post quotes or anything yet!!)
So have you received your kit yet?
I know mailing the paper, and get demo number is FAST, but not sure about the kit.....
And if I want to make stuff for the open house, I NEED the kit, because currently I own NO ink pad, and two stamp sets;)
and I hate to spend "extra" money if I can wait to place the first order in 45 days (once I become a demo) and get to 30% off seal;)
Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:21 AM   #309  
Glitter Guru

I will be signing up in a couple of weeks but have a couple of questions. I could ask my demo, but she may or may not be having a baby today so I thought I would leave her alone.

First, how does shipping $ work. Let's say that I extend a discount to a few people like my MIL and SIL's and my craft fair partner. Do they pay the shipping on the discounted price or on the full price? And if I take orders to combine with my 30% off order, how does shipping work on that?

My other question is on the 45 day thing to get your one order 30% off. Is it 45 days from the day you get your demo number, or 45 days from the day you get your kit?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:27 AM   #310  
Compulsive Stamper

Red face

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
I will be signing up in a couple of weeks but have a couple of questions. I could ask my demo, but she may or may not be having a baby today so I thought I would leave her alone.

First, how does shipping $ work. Let's say that I extend a discount to a few people like my MIL and SIL's and my craft fair partner. Do they pay the shipping on the discounted price or on the full price? And if I take orders to combine with my 30% off order, how does shipping work on that?

My other question is on the 45 day thing to get your one order 30% off. Is it 45 days from the day you get your demo number, or 45 days from the day you get your kit?
Once you get your on line access you can "practice order" placing all your items into the system, it prompts you if you earned a hostess set or free merchandise, etc. Keep in mind that if you place a demo order for yourself you are taxed only on the price you pay. if you place a customer order you pay tax on the retail value that you presumably collected from your customer. There are also other things you can buy.
If you collect full price you must do a customer order, if you extend your discount and collect the discounted price you do a demo order and they pay shipping and tax on the discounted order. You can practice the different scenerios once you have access to "the other side"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:28 AM   #311  
Compulsive Stamper

Oh... 45 days from the day you get your number. I have until 10/4. I have not gotten my kit yet but already plugging in my new order! I love to play with the order to see how much i'm going to save on that big discounted order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:43 AM   #312  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadget19View Post

Then I need to work hard to try and come up with some scrapbook ideas to convert my scrapping friends...

I was thinking about this too, as most of my friends are scrapbookers and not card makers. ;)

My plan is to have a class in October for $30, they will give me a $20 deposit beforehand so I can order the simply scrappin kits, and they will come and make 4 scrapbook layouts and a card. I will tell them beforehand how many pics to bring (how many 4x6, 5x7...color or black and white...) and then they can come and make the layouts I have planned. I took a class like this at my LSS once and I loved it!

I added on the $50 scrapping thing with my starter kit, so I will get an alpha set and a Simply scrappin kit to play around with too.

Just some ideas!
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 08:20 AM   #313  
Glitter Guru

One more question. How many cattys come in your starter kit?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 08:30 AM   #314  

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I know that one! 8.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 08:49 AM   #315  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I was thinking about this too, as most of my friends are scrapbookers and not card makers. ;)

I added on the $50 scrapping thing with my starter kit, so I will get an alpha set and a Simply scrappin kit to play around with too.
Did the Stampin' Memories kit change?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 09:05 AM   #316  
Cardstock Collector

This is just so informative.....Thanks to all of you guys... I am also thinking to become a demo during this special period and I do have concerns like everybody else. I moved to Calgary a year ago and I'm a SAHM which I don't know much people yet. But since I've read this thread and with all the information it is worth the $$$ just to get the starter kit and the bous ink pads. I think I can keep the demo status at least for the first quarter...it still worth it..afterall I get the 30% discount on my own purchase. Well nobody knows what will happen next, right?? But....anymore encouragement...please?
BTW, basketballmom or any other Canadian demos....what is the total C$ required for the 1st 30%?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 09:38 AM   #317  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I am trying to do this by doing a Christmas workshop. I am going to do a make & take Christmas card. I am also going to have examples of stamped wrapping paper, gift tags, decorations and anything else I can think of before the workshop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 09:46 AM   #318  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloomyView Post
This is just so informative.....Thanks to all of you guys... I am also thinking to become a demo during this special period and I do have concerns like everybody else. I moved to Calgary a year ago and I'm a SAHM which I don't know much people yet. But since I've read this thread and with all the information it is worth the $$$ just to get the starter kit and the bous ink pads. I think I can keep the demo status at least for the first quarter...it still worth it..afterall I get the 30% discount on my own purchase. Well nobody knows what will happen next, right?? But....anymore encouragement...please?
BTW, basketballmom or any other Canadian demos....what is the total C$ required for the 1st 30%?
The first 30% requires a minimum of $225 CAD (lowest order that gets hostess benefits). Remember that you won't be paying GST or shipping on your starter kit (don't know why, but I don't question it! :mrgreen. The add-on is well worth it for what you get.
Canadian quarterly minimum is $450 CAD.
On the demo forums of SCS there are several threads to help you make the most out of that 30% order, and your upline (the demo you sign under) should be able to help you as well.

A bonus to being a demo living in Calgary - the Canadian office is there - so when you mail your demo forms in, they'll get to the office FAST! Also - most of the mini and large catalogue complementary mailings are done via Calgary, which means that Calgary demos often recieve theirs before the rest of us. [And you're close to the mountains ... what more could you want?]

Signing up now means you're a demo until at least the end of January! Go for it ... it's a great deal! Talk to your demo, or find a demo willing to provide you with the help and support you want.

Any other questions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #319  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Have you seen those Progessive pages in the gallery? I think those are so neat to attract scrapbookers (especially new scrapbooker or new Moms who always feel overwhelming, LOL)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #320  
Rubber Obsessor

I finally have the $199 plus tax in my Paypal account! As soon as the transfer to my bank account is complete, I can sign up. I'm very excited!! I've changed my mind a dozen times about what sets to order, what stamp pads to get etc. I just need to get it ordered and stop the madness!! I can't wait to get access to the demo. side of SCS too...yippee!!
Reply With Quote Likes