Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-21-2008, 08:44 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New stamp company?

I've been seeing an advertisement for a new stamp co.(at least new to me!) at the top of some of the SCS pages called Renaissance by Design. Anyone know anything about them? They have several stamp sets I would like to get, but wondering if any of you ladies have ordered from them. They kinda have a PTI look to them. Here's the link:

www.renaissancebydesign.com

TIA!
Debbie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

I've noticed their ads the last few days, too. I went to their website, and you're right - they have some nice stuff. Some of the sets remind me very much of some of the PTI stamp sets. And their ribbon selection is also very similar. In fact one of their colors is exactly the same as PTI's (Spring Moss). Their prices seem to be very close to those of PTI, too. I'd be interested to know if anyone has ever ordered from them, too. I liked what I saw and would certainly order if someone said that they liked their products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up

I saw the banner ad tonight and just *died*!!! I looooooove their choice of fonts!!! I'm sooooOOOooOOooo excited about these sets:

I'm especially excited that these are clear stamps...affordable...and they're a Canadian company!!! Wooooo hoooo!!!

And those Scrolls look sooooo delicate! I'd totally use them on a scrapbook layout and then frame it.

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 04:40 AM   #4  
ked
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Wow, a couple of them are very PTI-like...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 05:16 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

hmmm, some of the designs are remarkably like PTI. So is the pricing and the way the sets are packaged.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 06:32 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Hmmm . . . I didn't realize that they were a Canadian company. If you look on the Shipping tab, you'll see that shipping to the US is based on how much you spend. If you spend up to $25, shipping is $9.99. If you spend more than that your shipping is $19.99. After $50 worth of merchandise is free shipping. So for $49 worth of product, you're going to pay $20 for shipping? Yikes! That seems steep to me. I know it's more expensive to ship from Canada to the U.S., but the only time I've paid that much for shipping from Canada to the U.S. was an EXPEDITED order from Stamping Bella. I'd have to really LOVE the products to pay that, I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I too didn't realize they are in Canada. I suppose I will be saving myself some money!! I probably won't order, at least not till they come out with more stamps, then maybe order enough to get free shipping.

Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, NUTS! I didn't investigate as far as shipping costs. <sigh>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by avonleaView Post
I saw the banner ad tonight and just *died*!!! I looooooove their choice of fonts!!! I'm sooooOOOooOOooo excited about these sets:

I'm especially excited that these are clear stamps...affordable...and they're a Canadian company!!! Wooooo hoooo!!!

And those Scrolls look sooooo delicate! I'd totally use them on a scrapbook layout and then frame it.

Okay, not just because I am on Devon's Design Team ....but.....I think it is about time there was a stamp company in Canada that offers great stamps, are affordable AND have new and "in" alterable items. While I do like many of the US stamp companies, I am often frustrated that Canadians get left out of the "free shipping" offers or the option to have items expedited. Sadly, this is most often the case with ANY type of business out of the States..not just stamp companies......There are also MANY companies (Target, B&BW, etc.) that don't even OFFER shipping to Canada period.

I know Devon has researched all the possible pricing options for shipping and to be honest, spending $50 is not hard to do to get free shipping!!! Not too many people would only spend $49. Her products are great and all stamps sets come in an "alterable" DVD tin. Store your sets in CD cases and you can use the tin they come in to make great projects.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 11:16 AM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Shipping woes

Hello ladies! I heard that there was a thread I should come and take a look at so here I am!! LOL
Let me introduce myself, I'm Devon, the owner of the new company Renaissance by Design.
I know there has been a lot of talk about the shipping rates and costs. I wanted to personally leave a note to say that we are currently reviewing every order (both US and Canadian) to ensure that only ACTUAL shipping is charged. Basically, the amount on the shipping chart is an estimation, and if there is an overage it will be returned to you via paypal or store credit, at your discretion (electronic bank transfer is available for Canadian residents, or anyone with a Canadian bank account). I have also made a note of this on the website under shipping information.
So far many customers have recieved $2-$8 back. Once we have established the rates, the chart will be updated to be more reflective of actual costs. We hope to make this as fair for all of our customers as possible. Our free shipping threshold will remain the same as that is turning out to be the most common situation. We will also be offering product discounts and shipping breaks as we run our promotions.
Our new product release is December 1st, and our first new stamp release will be January 5th (due to the holiday season). We have two new sets being released and I know you'll love them both.

Thank you ladies, please don't hesitate to contact me directly for any more information.

~Devon:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kedView Post
Wow, a couple of them are very PTI-like...
That's exactly what I thought...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 12:02 PM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

I agree that quite a few of them seem to be obviously inspired by PTI.

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes