Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Spellbinders dies... are they made out of different material than the old ones...

... and why? I just opened a new pack of spellbinders and I noticed that they look shinier and seem to be made of lighter weight metal. As a matter of fact... they didnt really seem like metal at all... can anyone out there help me know what and why the difference if there is one... or maybe I am just cracking up? thanks
Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #2  
KLF
Kookie Creator

I opened a new pack today, too. They are definitely a lighter copper color. Mine seem to be metal, but a slightly lighter weight. They seemed to work just fine, though!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Redefining the design and cost factors most likely...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

A few months ago I sent an email to Spellbinders about a die that I had that the paint was flaking off. The reply I got said many people were having the same problem. They offered some suggestions to try to solve the problem, but said they were going to have a different manufacture in the future who assured them their paint would not flake off.
The new dies may be being made by a different manufacturer. I don't have any of the new ones to compare.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 04:15 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm still waiting for my new ones to arrive. Hopefully this week! *sigh* for me that you got yours already LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 05:10 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Question 2 question

I know that I asked this before and that reply was to go to the ucut at home site and find the list there. I can not find it there so I will ask again.

Is there an officer list of materials that spell binders dies can be used to cut with. I only use them for cardstock and paper right now.

I do love shrink plastic which I use sizzix dies on since I have an office list of 75 -100 items that those dies can cut. I don't want to cut the wrong material and bend, dull, etc a spellbinder die. We are doing name tags for a fall event out of fun foam and it would be nice not to cut them by hand.

Copyright question?
Does spellbinder do special order dies for people. Eample, sizzix (up to about 10 years ago, and may still do it) will do a Girl Scout emblom die if-----1. I have a premission slip from our e.d. (council Head) and 2.on council letter hear paper. I think I did not do it since it had to be used in the school type Ellison die cut machince and I only had big Red and maybe I had the Big shot by than. The cost was high but since I was heavly into Girl Scouts than, cost was not the factor, the machine was the deciding factor. Mary charles would have given me permission.

Please remember that Girl Scouts, emblom, etc. is a copyright logo and can not be use any way we want to. There is a list of rules we must follower even to make a bussiness type card with the girl scout logo, our council name, my address, phone #, S U, other contact info, etc. That is why the ellison co. can not just make a die for anyone that ask.

Betty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 05:51 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

In response to the initial poster's question......Why not just e-mail Spellbinders to ask your question? I'm sure they could give you a more direct response than you wouild get on any forum. It's always best to go directly to the source to get a response.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes