Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #161  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got to pour over the new catalog at my demo's today! (I picked up an order of some retiring stuff) It's very colorful; they have used an entire page here and there as background showcasing a section of one of the new DSP's and the page color tags are patterned. The 3d dies have pictures of each one put together in a neutral cardstock color so you can really see what they look like. Some of the new stuff: some dies, including a pretty box die with Top Note style wavy top edges, a really cute Cat stamp set, several Holiday sets, all new personalized stamp designs and very versatile hostess sets. I was also happy to see a lot of my favorite sets that I didn't get around to getting last year are still there!

My demo gave me entire page samples of the new In Colors-love Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo, all of them are really rich colors. And Soft Suede is a great neutral.

My bank account is taking a hit after July 1st!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2009, 04:30 PM   #162  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas DP?

Anything that catches your eye in the Christmas DP area? Or do you think that will come in a mini?

Wanda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #163  
Die Cut Diva

I'm curious about the new DP; there hasn't been a comment on these yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #164  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,015 Likes on 869 Posts
Default spoiler

Only 2 more weeks for the new catalog- I just got a party order delivered, and am curious about the set from the current Mini Great Friend. My demo stamped it with the cut out butterfly with the big shot- it is so pretty on the card she made with it....I gave in and ordered it (or should I say both).

Are any of the dies being retired?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 04:25 AM   #165  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons2View Post
Anything that catches your eye in the Christmas DP area? Or do you think that will come in a mini?

Wanda
I did see 2 Christmas DP selections that I will have to have! But, there was not a lot of new or really interesting Christmas sets....so, my Demo and, I think that there will be a mini with more Christmas selections. I am really looking for something with a nativity that is not cutsie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 05:20 AM   #166  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbook4everView Post
I'm curious about the new DP; there hasn't been a comment on these yet.
Because it isn't all that impressive! ;) The last 2 catalogs have had a WONDERFUL selection of DSP (IMO), but thank GOODNESS there really isn't a lot in this catalog (because I have a SERIOUS DSP/PP "problem"!)...I think I'll end up with maybe 3 of the packs? Out of all of them, that's pretty pathetic!

I'm REALLY excited about the new personalized stamps...while I don't use the ones for the backs of cards, we just moved into a new house so I needed a new address stamp and there is one with a house icon and one with a cute tree icon. So I just have to decide which one I like better! My only wish with the personalized stamps is that they were a deeper etched rubber...my current one just looks so "cheap"!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 05:43 AM   #167  
Kookie Creator

I haven't seen the catty yet but I wonder if people will like the DSP better once people have a chance to start playing with the new colors and using the papers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 06:12 AM   #168  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmesindenView Post
I haven't seen the catty yet but I wonder if people will like the DSP better once people have a chance to start playing with the new colors and using the papers.
I know I will!! There are some returns of DSP from the last/retiring catalog. I have a lot of DP, period, and more just doesn't always help me use it!! It's a sickness, I think.....oh,shiney new thing!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 06:21 AM   #169  
Glitter Guru

What i like about the new DSP---is there are many with the core 48 colors, not as much emphasis on the new in-colors! Also some distressed ones and dare i say coloring!
Also 2 Christmas ones!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 07:22 AM   #170  
Mad Swapper

Someone mentioned something about the wheels being a wonderful value. Has something changed with the wheels or does this catalog just feature more samples showing them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #171  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default mini set

Great Friend? from the current mini??? Oh please do tell!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 08:07 AM   #172  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default stamps in new catty?

Oh- the Mini is current until the new catalog comes out- better phrased- is there a nice butterfly that can fit into the center of the current butterfly die cut in the new catalog similar to the way Great Friend does?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #173  
Polyshrink Goddess

I too like that the DSP this catty isn't as heavy on the In Colors. I refuse to buy all the in color inks and paper since they are a limited run. I may get one or two if I love them but I never bought much of the DSP w/ the incolors (I think 2 packs in all the cattys they have had in colors.)

Andrea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #174  
Rubber Obsessor

I got a quick glimpse at the catty last night at my demo's. I really like how there are more "kid" focused things. Princess and pirate party packs with matching stamps, the story book focus on some of the DP and stamps. It's going to be hard to resist...!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #175  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh, but I am DEFINITELY not impressed with the price hike. Looks like I won't be buying too many accessories from SU. I, too, think it's crummy that Canadians get ripped off by having a much higher price, especially when our dollar is so good. WAAAHHHH....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #176  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyspencerView Post
Oh, but I am DEFINITELY not impressed with the price hike. Looks like I won't be buying too many accessories from SU. I, too, think it's crummy that Canadians get ripped off by having a much higher price, especially when our dollar is so good. WAAAHHHH....
Unfortunately from what I hear....a lot of the Canadian prices are going up 15-20%...I know that will really reduce my spending with them. May have to seek out other options though I am really sad to have to say that... :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #177  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

OMGosh, I just saw it and I'm in LOVE! I think this could be one of the best catalogs yet! The way they put it together is just beautiful.

I love love love the Level III hostess sets and I think that large medalion bg stamp is to die for! I can't wait to get the new label punch and I really have a huge new wish list (some from before too) that I'd like to have. They have a new "two step" flower set that has so much potential and I think they mixed up the styles well this year, something for everybody. ((no more O.D.ing on circles, 'member?)) They did include that cute little kangaroo with accessories and included some "colorable" images from the Aussie Catty, yea.

Hmmm, There is a weird saying set that I cannot understand. It's got sayings that let you apologize for being mean and stuff... uh, no thanks.

One of the first things on my list is this wide red polka dotted gross grain ribbon... stunning, and they brought back the wide stripped ribbon from before in different colors, including brown. Wooo hooo.

I'm not a DSP fan but I liked the offerings, very diverse. And I LOVE the under $10 reindeer. The US prices provide alot of choices with many in the $15 range.

Can ya tell I likey the new catty!?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #178  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just came from my demo's house and looked through every page of the new catalog - lots to love this time, I think, and I hardly bought anything the last time.

Seeing some of the DP as a full-page backgrounds for the sections of the book was really impressive -- I have not been crazy about SU DP lately, but I saw several that I loved this time.

I think the stamp sets for service people are really beautiful. I love the Autumn set with the pheasant - there are quite a few wonderful samples in the gallery here already. There are some really great teen/tween sets - not an area I'm really into right now, but I think if that's what you need you won't be disappointed. There are a couple of really cool Halloween sets. And along with the robots (seen in the gallery here also), there's a cute aliens set! I lean toward nature-themed stamps and there's a terrific one with some farm animals, and another one I just have to have and I can barely remember it now!! Coordinating ribbon and paper too.

I don't remember a lot of the wheels, but there's a wonderful gratitude/Thanksgiving-themed one. I think the jumbo wheels are a terrific value - I unmount mine.

I saw a lot of stamp sets that I'd love to have this time -- quite a difference for me from the last catalog. Can't wait to study it closer when I have my own and make a wish list -- just like the old days

The new colors are wonderful -- a nice crossover from Summer to Fall. I have a love-hate thing going with the In Colors. I am certain I will get the cardstock but not so sure about the ink pads... maybe reinkers only. I can make my own small cubes and use them to paint or for techniques. I do like the dotted In Color ribbon. The colors are very much, as someone else mentioned, like the Late Novemember spectrum pad, I think. Although I think a blue is lacking.

Wish I had taken notes when I looked at the catalog!!

Oh - another thing: The hostess sets are fantastic this time!! I didn't like anything except maybe the rooster last time and never earned it. These are really worth earning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #179  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss BooView Post
I'm so glad that the choo-choo and the frightful fence wheels made it! The matching sets too???

What about Eat, Drink, & Be Scary?
Yes, it is in there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #180  
Compulsive Stamper

I finally got to see the catalog last night. I know everyone has their own opinion, but I thought there was so REALLY cute new sets in there. I love some of the sample items for sets I already own. I think that is my favorite part of a new catalog, seeing a new and fun way to use and new set and to incorporate the In colors, which I LOVE. For me this is my favorite set of in colors so far.

I think with all of the great dies, I think I am finally going to break down and buy the Big Shot.

Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #181  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by oufansintxView Post
I finally got to see the catalog last night. I know everyone has their own opinion, but I thought there was so REALLY cute new sets in there. I love some of the sample items for sets I already own. I think that is my favorite part of a new catalog, seeing a new and fun way to use and new set and to incorporate the In colors, which I LOVE. For me this is my favorite set of in colors so far.

I think with all of the great dies, I think I am finally going to break down and buy the Big Shot.

Pam
Good for you! I love my Big Shot! I use it constantly and I'm on my 2nd set of plates! I've made thousands of cuts, and I'm not exagerating!!!

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #182  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsBozView Post
Has to do with the value of US $ vs Canadian, I guess.
No offence, but :

Actually our Cdn dollar was above the US dollar for quite a while, and we didn't see much of any change in the last cattys. Now our dollar is at about 88 cents to 90 cents compared to the US dollar. I really feel we get ripped off in Canada as far as SU prices go!! Just gotta say that. There is not way we now be paying - what - 22.95 for a punch, and in the US you are paying 15.95. I'm afraid the dollar is just not that different.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 07:01 AM   #183  
Crimping Master

Smile New catty.........

OH MY! Just finished looking through the new catty - my demo came by to show me - I love the set up - good use of some of the DP throughout - the samples are really nice! As far as sets - just 3 stuck my fancy so far (of course there will probably be more when I get my own copy) the new Christmas set with the Santa and Reindeer, the Oriental set - that is a must- and the new Courage set - I will defiantly buy that one - very nice. Is it July 1 yet????
I noticed that the sets went up a dollar or two but that was expected - with the rising costs of materials - also got a sheet each of the new in colors- love the rich razzleberry - the others will need to grow on me........... am disappointed with the new personalized stamps but I guess they did need an overhaul - and not too impressed with the new individual stamps except for the reindeer and the little $10.00 kits are disappointing............overall it looks like a nice catalog and I am sure my wish list will grow once I get my own copy.........

Is it July 1st yet???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 07:23 AM   #184  
Inking Addict

I agree with you Debzi333! We shouldn't be paying up t0 40% more for stuff up here...even when I purchase things from other US websites their stuff doesn't cost me 40% more. In fact some high end retailers like Coach sell their products in Canada for the exact same price that they do in the US.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #185  

Received 280 Likes on 166 Posts

Could someone please tell me whether or not Bella Birds DSP is still available today? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #186  

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozarkstamperView Post
Could someone please tell me whether or not Bella Birds DSP is still available today? Thank you.
I put in a test order and it is showing as available!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #187  

Received 280 Likes on 166 Posts

Thank you, Jessica. I ordered it through my demo yesterday, but she hadn't yet informed me as to its availability. Thanks for checking for me. Your customers must love your customer service!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #188  

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozarkstamperView Post
Thank you, Jessica. I ordered it through my demo yesterday, but she hadn't yet informed me as to its availability. Thanks for checking for me. Your customers must love your customer service!
Aw, thanks, Bonnie!

And you're very welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #189  
Compulsive Stamper

There is a cute new butterfly punch
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2009, 04:05 AM   #190  
Pearl-ExPert

I just remembered that I saw the return of the jean pocket but, different. I had always wished I had bought that one when it was out before. I can think of many possibilities for it now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2009, 06:21 AM   #191  
Stazon Splitcoast

<----------- is drooling!

i am going to my friend/demos house later today to check out the new catalog!

we aren't even planning on doing any stamping cause we know we will just be ogling the catalog! LOL

will report back later...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #192  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

When I first rec'd my catalogue, I had a quick spin through it and was totally impressed. But, that's me. I showed it to some of my customers last night who also totally loved it. The DSP is gorgeous, and there truly is something for everyone when you look at the stamps. I have to agree - it may be the best one yet.

Even the completed samples in the catty are gorgeous!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #193  
Glitter Guru

Auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!

I want my catalogue! I hope I like what I'm hearing about. What little I've seen I love! I live too far from my demo to go look!

It's killing me!

Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #194  
Loves lavender roses

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
Auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!

I want my catalogue! I hope I like what I'm hearing about. What little I've seen I love! I live too far from my demo to go look!

It's killing me!

Denise

You'll like it!

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #195  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mamaView Post
<----------- is drooling!

i am going to my friend/demos house later today to check out the new catalog!

we aren't even planning on doing any stamping cause we know we will just be ogling the catalog! LOL

will report back later...
over all... LOVE IT!

there is a christmas DSP that is SO PRETTY! and the razzleberry lemonade DSP is gorgeous! the in-colors are SO yummy in person too.

the 'alien' set that is with the robot set we have been seeing is adorable... i can't remember what it is called tho. but i just might HAVE to have that one.

there are several stamps that go with the new punch... which is a must have. it is a bit taller and longer than the word window, so i think it will be perfect for so many of the sentiments that are just a bit too big to work with the word window punch.

i REALLY like about 3 of the level 1 hostess sets, maybe 1 or 2 of each from the level 2 & 3 hostess sets... but i NEVER get those anymore! that's what you get for turning all your friends into stampers! LOL

there is a new BG stamp that is wood grain... LOVE IT!

i think that there is LOTS & LOTS of great new stuff. i have been stamping for about 5-6 years and there is still plenty that i want!

i love the way the catalog is put together. i really like the full size DSP 'samples' that are on the pages for each section. it really gives you a chance to see some of the designs full size (i don't know if that makes any sense to anyone but me, LOL) the samples are great and i saw some techniques that i will have to give a try.

the only thing i was disapointed about was that they didn't add any new 'specialty' DSP! i bought a couple pkgs from the current catalog and FELL IN LOVE with them... would have loved the opportunity to get MORE!

i am hoping i will have my very own copy in a few days... i told my friend that there was probably some drool on hers! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #196  
Hardware Hotshot

I can't wait to see a catalog! I miss being a demo and seeing stuff early, lol. Is the Christmas DSP in Real Red and Old Olive? I really loved Dashing from a couple years ago, but I haven't liked the patterns and/or colors of most of the other Christmas DSP since.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #197  
Swapper of the Month - February 2014

Exclamation

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyspencerView Post
Ditto sistah!!!! I TOO THINK IT IS AWEFUL!!!!!!!
WRITE! COMPLAIN !LET SU! PEOPLE KNOW!!! THE MORE THE MERRIER!!!!!!:twisted::(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #198  
Loves lavender roses

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mamaView Post
over all... LOVE IT!

there is a christmas DSP that is SO PRETTY! and the razzleberry lemonade DSP is gorgeous! the in-colors are SO yummy in person too.

the 'alien' set that is with the robot set we have been seeing is adorable... i can't remember what it is called tho. but i just might HAVE to have that one.

there are several stamps that go with the new punch... which is a must have. it is a bit taller and longer than the word window, so i think it will be perfect for so many of the sentiments that are just a bit too big to work with the word window punch.

i REALLY like about 3 of the level 1 hostess sets, maybe 1 or 2 of each from the level 2 & 3 hostess sets... but i NEVER get those anymore! that's what you get for turning all your friends into stampers! LOL

there is a new BG stamp that is wood grain... LOVE IT!

i think that there is LOTS & LOTS of great new stuff. i have been stamping for about 5-6 years and there is still plenty that i want!

i love the way the catalog is put together. i really like the full size DSP 'samples' that are on the pages for each section. it really gives you a chance to see some of the designs full size (i don't know if that makes any sense to anyone but me, LOL) the samples are great and i saw some techniques that i will have to give a try.

the only thing i was disapointed about was that they didn't add any new 'specialty' DSP! i bought a couple pkgs from the current catalog and FELL IN LOVE with them... would have loved the opportunity to get MORE!

i am hoping i will have my very own copy in a few days... i told my friend that there was probably some drool on hers! LOL

You know, that specialty paper may be in the mini cattys. We will have three now. Let's hope. I liked that Taste of Textiles a lot!

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #199  
Loves lavender roses

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsBozView Post
You know, that specialty paper may be in the mini cattys. We will have three now. Let's hope. I liked that Taste of Textiles a lot!
I'm sorry, I didn't mention that there ARE specialty papers in the new catty! One of them has coloring book type pictures that the kids can color on one side! The other side is regular patterned paper. I would like to color them myself! LOL! There are actually TWO Christmas DSP's. One has Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Old Olive, Glorious Green, and Very Vanilla. The other is Taken With Teal, Ruby Red, Sahara Sand, and Basic Grey. There's another Specialty Paper where you only get 6 shts, 2 ea. of 3 designs, plus 3 shts of cover weight stickers - great for scrap booking! It's kind of like a mini scrapping kit and it's only $11.95!!

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #200  
Rubber Obsessor

A woodgrain bg??!!??!!

Come on June!!
Reply With Quote Likes