Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahbe492View Post
I am tired of hearing that SU! is behind trend or that you've seen everything already when in reality SU! is designing far ahead of time, maybe even before some of the stamps you think they are similar to were designed. At Convention last year, they told us that the catalog was finished and they were almost finished with the mini catalog (the one that goes live September 1, 2010). I don't have any idea why they need to design this far in advance as I don't know what everything requires but you can't really expect a company to routinely bring out stamps that when they were designed were so far before trend that when they come out they beat others "to the punch (no pun intended)" so to say. I'm not saying you can't feel like this, just wanted to share some facts before you judge what SU! is releasing. The nature of the beast is that comparing SU! to companies with monthly releases or even quarterly releases just isn't really comparing apples to apples - I think only other large catalog based companies would understand the production and design that requires such a great lead time. Again I'm not saying I really even understand that - just sharing...
Seriously, I don't care when they were designed but rather when I can get them. Quite a few of SU's stamps that come out in both the main catty and the Mini's are similar to many I have had for over a year.

No one here is judging what SU is releasing... they are simply stating there is nothing they feel that want to purchase, which is entirely their right. You just may not want to hear it. Not one person has run down SU's quality or their products... they have just stated that they do not care for the styles of their stamps. This thread is no different than anyone on this board saying they prefer rubber to clear (or something similar).

A lot of the companies prices you quoted do not include shipping. Add the $6.95 SU shipping to just a few smaller items will increase the price(s). This is not a slam on SU's shipping... but it should be considered when price checking. For the record, I very rarely buy ribbon or embellishments from SU. Again, too many other choices from other companies I prefer.

Last edited by Cinnistew; 07-07-2010 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: typos
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My responses will be embedded in this quoted message in pink as I just couldn't address all these barbs without specifically requoting each piece...

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinnistewView Post
Seriously, I don't care when they were designed but rather when I can get them. I understand and even identify with this. I admit that even I as a self-professed SU! addict thought that they might be behind trend before I found out the piece of information I shared. That's why I shared it - because I thought it was interesting, not because I intended to change your mind or question your stamp choices. I would never imply that you should wait on a stamp by another company to see if SU! releases one at a later date that is similar. Quite a few of SU's stamps that come out in both the main catty and the Mini's are similar to many I have had for over a year. That was exactly my point...SU! probably designed them when that designer did, or before or after...it doesn't really matter. You bought them first elsewhere and that's your right as a consumer. I'm not questioning or berating that.

No one here is judging what SU is releasing... they are simply stating there is nothing they feel that want to purchase, which is entirely their right. I never said someone didn't have their right to their opinion. I may have misused the word "judge" as all I meant was the posters saying something about SU!'s artists's work being tired or whatever maybe wasn't fair. Someone also said something about being able to pick out SU! images. I don't see this as a bad thing. Give me a bunch of cards using Hero Arts, PTI, and SU! and I'll be able to tell you which belongs to each company. Every company has a style.You just may not want to hear it. That was just rude from someone who wants this to be a friendly thread. Everyone else is entitled to their opinion but when I share a piece of information not intended to do anything but inform you have to make this snippy comment? Not one person has run down SU's quality or their products I never said anyone did...not sure where this came from... they have just stated that they do not care for the styles of their stampsAgain their choice...didn't say they weren't allowed to have their opinion or spend their money where they'd like. This thread is no different than anyone on this board saying they prefer rubber to clear (or something similar). except for that is super broad and not degrading to one company in particular...again though, people have their right to their opinions...I have an issue with your metaphor not the people who like other stamps

A lot of the companies prices you quoted do not include shipping. Actually NONE of the prices I quoted included shipping and I did that intentionally. Although I knew someone would complain no matter how I did the price comparisons (and I did consider shipping as well as tax and other factors)...I figured any savvy online peruser would understand how different companies shipping policies differ and thus it is hard to really factor that in. That is why I chose just to focus on flat product pricing, especially if you're considering pretty small orders many companies have some type of flat shipping (PTI's shipping is $6.50 up to a $60 order). Man do I wish SU! had FREE shipping over a certain amount though! Add the $6.95 SU shipping to just a few smaller items will increase the price(s). This is not a slam on SU's shipping... but it should be considered when price checking. I didn't take that as a slam at all - you stated a fact, pure and simple. Again hard to consider unless you're talking about local pickup compared to any online ordering. For the record, I very rarely buy ribbon or embellishments from SU. So you didn't really care about the price comparison at all but still chose to comment on how inadequate my comparisons were to you? Again with the unfriendliness from your side... Again, too many other choices from other companies I prefer.You hate SU! - we get it! For the third time, if you're honestly trying to make a friendly thread it isn't working with comments like that.
NEW MESSAGE: I really started checking out this thread because I was interested in what SCSers had to say about the new catalog. Some of you hate it, some of you like it...it's to be expected as no one can please anyone all the time. But I was super interested, like Minders on why you didn't like particular things...not because I'm here to change your mind or tell you you're wrong but because it is interesting to know other's preferences. There are so so many diversities within SCS and I just find things like this fascinating. Besides Cinnistew who obviously found my post confrontational, I hope I didn't offend anyone else. It wasn't and isn't my intention at all to make enemies here. I LOVE SCS and SCSers!!! Who else could understand my passion for paper, inks and all things papercrafting like you all?

Last edited by sarahbe492; 07-07-2010 at 10:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

As for the continued reprisal of "SU!'s accessories are so expensive" - I'll give a few comparison's to other stamp or paper crafting companies and similar products...btw I do know I'm a math geek but I really do these comparisons when I hear these complaints:

PTI Satin: $.60/yd
SU! Satin: $.60/yd

PTI 5/8" Grosgrain: $.60/yd
SU! 5/8" Grosgrain: $.46/yd

Like Cinnistew, I noticed that the price comparisons do not include shipping or sales tax, which is a big deal when many online companies do not have to collect sales tax and most have a free shipping option.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 03:49 AM   #44  
Inking Addict

I think there are about 7 new sets that are on my list so I am happy... I am loving the new colours!!

The way I look at it is that you can never have too many flowers LOL

Nice to see a nice baby set for a change I think SU were lacking in that.

The only thing that disappoints me is that the designer papers are in sets of colours rather than us being able to pick which colour pack we want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 05:42 AM   #45  
Hardware Hotshot

Again, I buy from lots of companies...Rubber Soul, Amuse, Gina K, Clear ARt Stamps, inkadinkadoo, Penny Black, PTI, etc. I don't view them as any more ahead of trends or unique than SU. They have there own style and also a limited number of designers, so their stamps generally look the same from year to year(a certain style run through). Amuse is VERY much a single style!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 06:26 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

I am tired of hearing that SU! is behind trend or that you've seen everything already when in reality SU! is designing far ahead of time, maybe even before some of the stamps you think they are similar to were designed. At Convention last year, they told us that the catalog was finished and they were almost finished with the mini catalog (the one that goes live September 1, 2010). I don't have any idea why they need to design this far in advance as I don't know what everything requires but you can't really expect a company to routinely bring out stamps that when they were designed were so far before trend that when they come out they beat others "to the punch (no pun intended)" so to say. I'm not saying you can't feel like this, just wanted to share some facts before you judge what SU! is releasing. The nature of the beast is that comparing SU! to companies with monthly releases or even quarterly releases just isn't really comparing apples to apples - I think only other large catalog based companies would understand the production and design that requires such a great lead time. Again I'm not saying I really even understand that - just sharing...

As for the continued reprisal of "SU!'s accessories are so expensive" - I'll give a few comparison's to other stamp or paper crafting companies and similar products...btw I do know I'm a math geek but I really do these comparisons when I hear these complaints:

PTI Satin: $.60/yd
SU! Satin: $.60/yd

PTI 5/8" Grosgrain: $.60/yd
SU! 5/8" Grosgrain: $.46/yd

CTMH Gold Brads: $.05/brad
SU! Gold Brads: $.03/brad

CTMH Chalks: $.77/chalk square
SU! Chalks: $.62/chalk square

CTMH sponges/sponge daubers: $1.25/sponge; $1.31/dauber
SU! sponges/sponge daubers: $1.17/sponge; $.91/dauber

VersaMark ink pad/refill (CTMH): $9.95/$6.25
VersaMark ink pad/refill (PTI): $8/$5
VersaMark ink pad/refill (SU!): $7.50/$3.95

PTI embossing powder: $5/1 oz.
SU! embossing powder: $4.75/ 1 oz.

PTI/Kaisercraft rhinestones: $.02/rhinestone
SU! rhinestones: $.03/rhinestone

Basic Grey buttons: $.08/button
SU! buttons: $.12/button

Making Memories rhinestone brads: $.07/brad
SU! rhinestone brads: $.13/brad

Bo Bunny: $1.01/sheet (12x12 double sided)
Graphic 45: $.99/sheet (12x12 double sided)
Creative Imaginations: $.97/sheet (12x12 double sided)
Basic Grey: $.93/sheet (12x12 double sided)
SU! DSP: $.83/sheet (12x12 double sided)

Ok I got carried away - I hadn't compared in a while so I wanted to do that again. Just information for you...I guess I'm obsessed with facts tonight! Anyway, if you don't like SU!'s style that is your biz and I do appreciate your opinion just wanted to share a few things...(I got a little OCD about sharing price comparisons as that was kind of fun to do...again I know I'm a nerd!)

P.S. For those fellow lovers of the owl punch, I got mine today and haven't played with it yet! Glad so many of you like it - I had the set Owl Together Now before it retired but rarely ended up using it because of time constraints (watercoloring) so I'm super excited about the punch! The new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch is pretty sweet too b/c you can use it with both sides punched or cut it apart and get 2 scalloped pieces!

Since you are comparing costs of everything - Lets do CARDSTOCK!!

PTI -
12 sheets for $3 - 25 cents/sheet
25 sheets for $5 - 20 cents/sheet
50 sheets for $9 - 18 cents/sheet

SU
24 sheets for $6.95 - 29 cents/sheet

I am not against SU. I still buy a little SU stuff. Their stamps to me are to similar to older ones and I do not like some of them in their style. But that is MY OPINION.

Does it really make people angry just because some people are let down by the catty and they state they don't like it???

Last edited by meluvstampin; 07-08-2010 at 06:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ya know why is it when there are threads on other companies where there are BAD things said - it is OK.
Recently there were SU DEMOS also posting on 2 threads talking bad about 2 other
companies and that was OK.

Yet now because some SCSers state THEIR OPINIONS of the new catty - they get flamed and shamed on????????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 07:34 AM   #48  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post

PTI -

SU

I am not against SU. I still buy a little SU stuff. Their stamps to me are to similar to older ones and I do not like some of them in their style. But that is MY OPINION.

Does it really make people angry just because some people are let down by the catty and they state they don't like it???
I was going to post this as I'm bummed about it (especially SU!'s recent price increase on said CS - it was at 23 cents/sheet before the increase)...but the poster that mentioned prices was talking about accessories so when I started typing the CS part I decided to leave it out only for that reason (I did include things where SU! didn't have the lowest price as well). I also did an ink comparison but didn't include it again because it isn't an accessory - I wasn't kidding when I said I do this from time to time.

I don't think I've honestly seen anyone actually angry about the actual issue this thread was started for...I think that happens all too often in the forum world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 07:46 AM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinnistewView Post
I'm not even going to bother responding to your replies on this post. You have obviously sought me out and are looking for an argument and honestly I am sick and tired of dealing with SU Demos that get their panties all in a wad every time anyone says even the remotest negative thing about SU. :rolleyes:
Please go back and read my original post on this thread (#42) - I wasn't quoting you at all. And as far as looking for an argument, I stated my opinion, you stated yours - so if I respond to that another time I'm looking for an argument? What I was really "looking for" I guess is some understanding - that I didn't say half the things you said I said and that Minders was hurt by something someone else said. Understanding...that's all...goodness this got so nasty and I hate that...it shouldn't have to be like that at all...but putting all the blame on SU! demos or cheerleaders as you call us isn't fair either.

I am really enjoying this thread and different people's opinions so I'll still be here but I won't "quote" or specifically reply to you again...I think it'll be an improvement on this thread from both of us as we just seem to either not be understanding each other or aggravating each other. I am sorry if you feel "sought out" but "quoting" someone else's post and saying making comments the other person may take negatively definitely puts that person on the defensive. I think we all have to be aware of that when we post on here since we can't see each other's faces, read body language, or hear the tone that someone is using - in my opinion, probably the most complicated thing about communicating on forums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #50  
Hardware Hotshot

Hey, I also just ordered from MFT and what do I think of with MFT...big flop earred bunnies and headless ladies...it's just their style!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 AM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
Hey, I also just ordered from MFT and what do I think of with MFT...big flop earred bunnies and headless ladies...it's just their style!!!
This post made me giggle! I haven't ever looked at MFT but headless ladies sure sounds interesting...I wonder what my mom would say if I sent her a card with a headless lady on it! I'll have to check it out sometime. I think stamps in general are just so so amazing and LOVE all the variety out there! It sure gives a way for those of us who LOVE to color but can't draw something to use!!! Thanks for your lighthearted post - this thread needed it for sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #52  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I'd like to remind everyone here that you need to stay on topic and stop making other members the subject of your posts.

Much of what has gone on in this thread violates the TOS, and frankly, is not very nice.

Feel free to carry on discussing stamps and stamp companies - but other members are completely off limits and your posts may result in temporary or permanent bans.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Isn't it great that we all have choices? Would be pretty boring if we didn't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper for funView Post
Amen...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper for funView Post
I agree! We all have the choice to spend our dollars with whatever company they choose. I for one will probably spend less this year with SU because I don't see many things in the new catalog. But then again, I've only been able to view it online because my demo has not yet gotten her catalogs. Maybe I will change my mind when I see it in person.

It's what I think makes this site so fun is that everyone has different styles and tastes. I like being able to see different stamp companies, whether it be SU, PTI, MFT, Gina K, etc. used in different ways. It helps give me ideas to use what I have and makes me want more.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

I think that the sentiment set called "Word Play" on page 147 is very creative and is head and shoulders above any of the sentiment sets at other stamp companies. I like the "Broadsheet Alphabet" on page 159 too. "Style Beautiful" on page 127 is unique how SU layers single line and solid images (a very cool trend).

I think there is way more potential in the SU stamps than is ever communicated to the average buyer - unless you have an exceptional demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #57  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh, Word Play is must, must, must have for me...I just love stuff like that. I do see very whitty sentiments from other companies...SU has always been lacking for me in that department.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2010, 08:27 AM   #58  
Gabfest Goddess

I am wondering if it is still possible to download the catalog online...instead of just being able to browse the website...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp bugView Post
I am wondering if it is still possible to download the catalog online...instead of just being able to browse the website...
Yes it is! Here you go! For future use (or if you want any future publications in PDF form it is at stampinup.com then under the tab "Our Products" then click "2010-2011 Catalogs" and you can download any current catalogs there! HTH! I like to download the supply list and then use the "find" feature and type in particular products or stamp sets that I'd like to buy so I can see each page they are used on in the catalog to get more ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Oh, Word Play is must, must, must have for me...I just love stuff like that. I do see very whitty sentiments from other companies...SU has always been lacking for me in that department.
I thought the one in the mini "In a Word" was pretty clever how each word had a word within it, like: to{get}her and journey...I would've never thought of that! I agree witty sentiments are fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #61  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by nibsView Post
I think that the sentiment set called "Word Play" on page 147 is very creative and is head and shoulders above any of the sentiment sets at other stamp companies. I like the "Broadsheet Alphabet" on page 159 too. "Style Beautiful" on page 127 is unique how SU layers single line and solid images (a very cool trend).

I think there is way more potential in the SU stamps than is ever communicated to the average buyer - unless you have an exceptional demo.
I just got Broadsheet Alphabet and Style Beautiful yesterday!!! I LOVE them but haven't gotten to play with them yet. I got the alphabet in clear mount and it comes in 2 cases - it looks simply amazing! (I know I could see it in the catalog but aren't stamps even better when they are in your hands?) I hope my customers think I'm an exceptional demo!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2010, 06:04 AM   #62  
Gabfest Goddess

thank you Sarah....I have the catty downloaded...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #63  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I thought the one in the mini "In a Word" was pretty clever how each word had a word within it, like: to{get}her and journey...I would've never thought of that! I agree witty sentiments are fun!
I liked that one too, but didn't get it. I will get word play...is that what it is called? I know your customers think you are an awesome demo!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by barb smithView Post
Is it just me, or are there not alot of unique stamps in the SU catty. There really isn't anything that I have to order.
I'm sure there are others who feel the same way, but I'm not one of them ;) ! I see plenty that is unique to me.

In just a few years of stamping, I'd say this is their best catalog ~ and that first one, being my introduction, was probably pretty good to hook me!!

Within a year or so of starting with SU, I began to buy from many companies, so I'm not looking at SU with blinders on.

Every catalog with every company will have something that some like & some don't.

Someone mentioned that they are "copying trends." Well, it wouldn't be a trend if a bunch of companies didn't do it!

There are several sets that are similar to others that I have but I still want them ~ because it's a variation of a theme I particularly like, or mostly because I can use them in combination. I often see similar designs as complementary versus "copying."

I think the new color renovation is Fantastic. There are only a couple of In Colors I like this time around - but so much better for my budget ;) !!

And I usually gravitate to the stamps, but the back of the book is filled with must-haves for me, too!!

I'll spend more with SU on this catalog and the minis than I have in a year or two.

Sorry if you're disappointed this time around -- it's happened to me in the past, too. It's a bummer when you get excited to see the new catalog and it lets you down.

Last edited by Phantom; 07-10-2010 at 04:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #65  
Embossing Fanatic

As a stamp designer myself I tend to use my own stamps most of the time, so I'm not all that familiar with SU's stamp collection - but their cardstock quality absolutely cannot be beat. I love the sturdy, thick, luxurious feel of it, the pliancy and ease of use, and their color vibrancy is not surpassed anywhere! I love their colors so much I want to buy packs of 50 of each shade of cardstock! Just as soon as I win that Publishers' Clearing House Giveaway, I'm gonna do it too!

PelikanMom

Last edited by PelikanMom; 07-10-2010 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: middle of the night drowsies - little errors here & there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #66  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
I'm sure there are others who feel the same way, but I'm not one of them ;) ! I see plenty that is unique to me.

In just a few years of stamping, I'd say this is their best catalog ~ and that first one, being my introduction, was probably pretty good to hook me!!

Within a year or so of starting with SU, I began to buy from many companies, so I'm not looking at SU with blinders on.

Every catalog with every company will have something that some like & some don't.

Someone mentioned that they are "copying trends." Well, it wouldn't be a trend if a bunch of companies didn't do it!

There are several sets that are similar to others that I have but I still want them ~ because it's a variation of a theme I particularly like, or mostly because I can use them in combination. I often see similar designs as complementary versus "copying."

I think the new color renovation is Fantastic. There are only a couple of In Colors I like this time around - but so much better for my budget ;) !!

And I usually gravitate to the stamps, but the back of the book is filled with must-haves for me, too!!

I'll spend more with SU on this catalog and the minis than I have in a year or two.

Sorry if you're disappointed this time around -- it's happened to me in the past, too. It's a bummer when you get excited to see the new catalog and it lets you down.
I LOVED that part! Totally true but I never thought of it that way.

I totally agree about the new colors! I had the same thought about the In Colors but decided to use Blushing Bride the other day with Chocolate Chip to make a vintage card and it was really pretty. And I was working on Convention swaps today and made a card with Concord Crush, Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight (not my idea - from the new Color Coach)...it looked great! I'm also using Peach Parfait on a Convention swap - with Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink and Early Espresso (again not my idea - that combo is from the catalog samples). I haven't used Pear Pizzazz or Poppy Parade yet but my initial reaction when I saw them was why did I need another Certainly Celery and Real Red? But they are not...they are so much different! Anyway...I've gone on long enough...just wanted to say that they're growing on me and I hope in time you'll enjoy them too (although I do understand sometimes not loving something as a nice financial break!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #67  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I liked that one too, but didn't get it. I will get word play...is that what it is called? I know your customers think you are an awesome demo!! ;)
First of all thanks! My tiny club sure has fun together - one of my customers (I should say friends that I met b/c of SU!) and I went to a neighboring town to a bead shop and now she's teaching me how to make this incredible bracelet! So fun!!! Anyway, I like it too but also didn't get it - I think it is so cute though! I do think Word Play is the one you mean - it is versatile as most of the sentiments don't tie you down to a particular holiday or event!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 09:11 AM   #68  
Die Cut Diva

In my humble opinion...

too many changes at the same time. I am not happy that they did away with the earth element color group. I love some of the new colors, but not all. I am also happy with the choice between wood and acryllic (sp?).

However, with all the changes, I see my pocketbook rapidly emptying...sigh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #69  
Hardware Hotshot

I didn't feel the love for last years in-colors, but I am really digging all the colors this year. I'm so HAPPY that I love them!

I really got tired of seeing those colors I didn't like at the workshop I attend each month. It wasn't my demo's fault. She liked them and used them, as well she should!!

I'm just soooo excited for these new colors to make their debut at our class next week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #70  
Glitter Queen

I'm also disappointed with the new Catty. My wish list consists of new accessories as well as new colors and paper. I really wanted new sayings stamps. I have read that request over and over but SU thought differently. Why can't they listen to their customers? After all, we are the ones that keep them in business!! Any suggestions on company with good "sayings" for inside of cards?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me, my SU order this time turned out to be my largest ever. Some things are new some I've been considering for a while. I'm very excited.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #72  
Matboard Maniac

I haven't bought any SU for almost a year. I've been buying pretty heavily from several other companies(PTI anyone??), but I have to say--I saw the new catty online last night and there are quite a few sets I just love and can't wait to buy. Yes, they may look similar to other companies' sets that are out right now, but they're on trend and I prefer the look of these particular SU sets over the others. I'm going to a new catty open house tonight and placing an order and I'm pretty excited!

There's also a few sets from the last catalog that I've been wanting and I think I'll pick those up this year too. I think between the 10 or 15 stamp sets I really like and all the SU exclusive tools in the back, I'll have no problem meeting monthly club requirements.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 10:25 AM   #73  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by llewisView Post
I'm also disappointed with the new Catty. My wish list consists of new accessories as well as new colors and paper. I really wanted new sayings stamps. I have read that request over and over but SU thought differently. Why can't they listen to their customers? After all, we are the ones that keep them in business!! Any suggestions on company with good "sayings" for inside of cards?
Have you sent an email to them? If not, do it! If you want to see a change tell them! Lots of times we think our complaints will get to the company but oftentimes we don't make sure our voice/opinion is heard by the actual company so that they can know of the change you'd like to see.

Probably my new favorite inside/out sentiments is the Level 3 Occasional Quotes! It is so useful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #74  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post

PTI -

SU

True, but for us Canadians....PTI shipping is rediculous! So, that puts the price way out of my league. I prefer SU, I like the quality, the low shipping rates and I'm a demo so I give myself a discount! LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

I liked the catty so much, I signed back up. Too many things I have to have, lol. I really rally love the new colors too. I know it is a small fortune to get them all, so I am going with spots and color family paper packs and then buying full color packs and full ink pads of those I like best and use most. I am soooooo excited for some new toys.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #76  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickers089View Post
I liked the catty so much, I signed back up. Too many things I have to have, lol. I really rally love the new colors too. I know it is a small fortune to get them all, so I am going with spots and color family paper packs and then buying full color packs and full ink pads of those I like best and use most. I am soooooo excited for some new toys.
New toys are the best no matter what product you love! Welcome back too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2010, 11:23 PM   #77  
Mad Swapper

(Disclaimer: This is my opinion. Please don't take offense)
Here's the thing- I have waaaay too much 'craft cr@p', so no matter how awesome a set is in the new catty, I (probably) have a similar-enough stamp I can use.
Now, I'm not implying that anyone has 'copied' another company... but I have dozens of Christmas stamps. How many more snowmen/ Christmas Trees/ Santa/ Sentiment (etc) could I possibly need?
This is partly my fault.... I've been stamping on and off since I was 12 (I'm 30) and I have yet to purge a single stamp. Since I still have every stamp I ever owned, I find myself buying less stamps.
I use discount/ closeout stores for most of my accessories, like ribbon and brads, and I literlly have to touch a piece of paper before I'll buy it (I like to bond with my purchases LOL). I also have to have an item in-hand, so I don't order things, I buy them.
In general, I have no complaints about SU... in fact, one of my favorite stamps ever is an SU one (On Angel Wings), and I have not found a better embossing powder than their ultrafine one for detailed images. It just doesn't fit my impatient/ stamp hoarding/ cheap (I mean thrifty LOL) lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Likes