Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heart THE NEW 2011-2012 SU! CATTY! JUST ARRIVED!

OMGosh, I'm actually holding it in my hands! The new 2011-2012 Stampin' UP! Idea Book & Catalog arrived this morning! I love my demonstrator, Kim! Thank you so much!

I haven't cracked it open yet, but as I do, I'll post my list of MUST HAVES, MAYBES, and NOT EVEN THINKING about it. What are your thoughts on the new catty and what have you made up your mind to buy?

MUST HAVES

Island Indigo

MAYBE

Pool Party
Lucky Limeade
Calypso Coral

NOT EVEN THINKING ABOUT IT

Wisteria Wonder
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Well first of all, I'm definitely NOT liking the new hostess rewards program! If I'm not imagining it, your hostess sets actually cost money that is deducted from the amount of Hostess $$ your workshop/purchase earns. So, $150 = 25.00 hostess rewards, but the hostess sets you choose are deducted from that amount and they range in price from 11.00 to 17.00 wood mounted. They are really nice sets though, more quality than the usual hostess sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it takes time to get used to the idea of the new hostess program. If you're like me and rarely have big $ parties, the idea of being able to get the higher level sets is fun. Also, if you have several small parties a year, it can be tough to find sets you like that you don't have yet and this way you could just spend your $$ on regular product instead. And, the idea of earning the 1/2 off discount is pretty cool too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsixView Post
I think it takes time to get used to the idea of the new hostess program. If you're like me and rarely have big $ parties, the idea of being able to get the higher level sets is fun. Also, if you have several small parties a year, it can be tough to find sets you like that you don't have yet and this way you could just spend your $$ on regular product instead. And, the idea of earning the 1/2 off discount is pretty cool too.
I agree that it is nice to choose between all the hostess sets without having to earn a specific level set or just buy it outright, but it is not the same as getting a free set and $15 toward product....somehow it feels like you're getting less? I could be wrong. Well, I'm halfway through the catalog and have a list full of MAYBE'S.:eek:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Yes, while different the new benefits program is actually a better deal for most folks. It give way more flexibility on how you spend what you earn. I hated having to order a set I didn't need or want...I would have rather had more hostess dollars to spend on product I'd actually use..and now that's an option. And it's not like they are only giving you the same amount of hostess dollars as before and you have to take out the hostess sets on top of that...we are coming out ahead with more dollars. It is a change but I think a change for the better. I'm pretty excited about getting at least $50 worth of free stuff on my first order in July instead of some hostess sets that I HAD to get and didn't really want....

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

The ribbons and DSP's are absolutely YUMMY!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Yes, while different the new benefits program is actually a better deal for most folks. It give way more flexibility on how you spend what you earn. I hated having to order a set I didn't need or want...I would have rather had more hostess dollars to spend on product I'd actually use..and now that's an option. And it's not like they are only giving you the same amount of hostess dollars as before and you have to take out the hostess sets on top of that...we are coming out ahead with more dollars. It is a change but I think a change for the better. I'm pretty excited about getting at least $50 worth of free stuff on my first order in July instead of some hostess sets that I HAD to get and didn't really want....
I guess I have never really come across a hostess set that I didn't want...lol I always want them all!! I notice these are exceptionally nice sets with big, detailed images. These sets also have more images than previous hostess sets at each level.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #8  

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkessler73View Post
I guess I have never really come across a hostess set that I didn't want...lol I always want them all!! I notice these are exceptionally nice sets with big, detailed images. These sets also have more images than previous hostess sets at each level.
Yeah, I like all of them this time but I'm trying to be smarter with my money so I like that I can get more real stuff if I need it. Also, being a demo...the way it used to be I have a LOT of level one sets that are duplicates. I'll earn all of them plus some in a year so this is better for me (and I earned duplicates as a customer too so really doesn't have anything to do with demo or not, lol). I hated having to pick one if I already had them all OR to pick one I didn't like because I had the rest. As a demo I can kind of just chalk it up to a business "expense" and use them as a give away but it was terrible for my long stint as a customer! They are ALL really great this time around but I'm trying to tell myself I don't NEED them (except for the one I bought already, lol).

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Red...absolutely hot for
Blue...on the fence about

Cheerful Treat DSP
Tagtastic

Perfect Words??
Shalom??
Homemade??
Frightful Sight DSP??
Merry & Type??
Snow Much Fun??
Domestic Goddess DSP??

Morning Cup
Sweet Snowglobe
Sweets for the Sweet
Baby Tees
Berry Blossoms DSP
Language of Friendship

Zoo Review??
Greenhouse Garden??

Flirtatious DSP
Timeless Treasures

Established Elegance??
Hello, Doily
Tool Shed

Occasions Alpha??
New IN COLOR cardstock/ink bundle
In COLOR printed brads
shimmer brads
Berry Blossoms DSP
Baker's Twine
Ruffled Ribbon all colors
Denim ribbon
Scallop Dots Ribbon
Seam Binding
Vintage Trinkets
Designer buttons
mini clothes pins
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

I am loving the new catalog! I got it on Wednesday and have been drooling over all the new stuff. And some of the new projects with older sets actually fooled me into thinking they were new too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

My stamp club order and new catalog dropped off last night, then demo went out of town for family events. I am confused on the hostess program!! Help me "get it"...On pg 6 is says "Earn free products" and that you earn hostess dollars to spend on specially prices hostess products (pg 10-15) and catalog items." BUT on page 9 under "Your Hostess Dollars Give You More" it sounds like you have to spend the hostess dollars just on hostess sets on pg 10-15 and only non hostess product you can get is the 50% off a full priced item after reaching at least $400 in retail sales total.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Don't get me wrong, I like many of the new catalog items (but only 2 hostess items). However, I don't have the cash to be buying it all through the year and have counted on hostess credits to obtain great products throughout the catalog or minis.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancystampsView Post
I am loving the new catalog! I got it on Wednesday and have been drooling over all the new stuff. And some of the new projects with older sets actually fooled me into thinking they were new too!
I thought the new artwork renewed my interest in some sets that I had overlooked from the previous catty. The artwork is fantastic...I just haven't found that ONE set that grabs me by the insides and turns me inside out....?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNCarolView Post
My stamp club order and new catalog dropped off last night, then demo went out of town for family events. I am confused on the hostess program!! Help me "get it"...On pg 6 is says "Earn free products" and that you earn hostess dollars to spend on specially prices hostess products (pg 10-15) and catalog items." BUT on page 9 under "Your Hostess Dollars Give You More" it sounds like you have to spend the hostess dollars just on hostess sets on pg 10-15 and only non hostess product you can get is the 50% off a full priced item after reaching at least $400 in retail sales total.
It looks like the amount of hostess $'s increased at sales of 150.00, but instead of a free level 1 set and $15 dollars in product, you can choose any of the sets and that $ amount is deducted from your hostess $ and the balance can be used on any products...that is how it would appear?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

You can use the hostess dollars towards hostess sets, catalog merchandise or a combination. (If you look at the 3rd box on P 9, it says "Spend hostess dollars on exclusive, specially-priced hostess products or any catalog item.) I think the hostess dollars are about the same as what they were before if you value a Level 1 hostess set at $10.

Last edited by indyemmert; 06-18-2011 at 04:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

I really like the idea of the new way of doing the hostess rewards. Which is very surprising to me because normally I dislike change of any kind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalaKittyView Post
I really like the idea of the new way of doing the hostess rewards. Which is very surprising to me because normally I dislike change of any kind.
I think that was what was getting to me at first...just being resistant to change and always feeling like any change must be a bad thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

I'm ALL OVER that cute new IN COLOR ruffled ribbon....wish it came in every SU! color!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #19  
Glitter Queen

I wasn't sure about the hostess $$'s at first either but when I actually read it over and ' thought ' about it - turns out it's a way better way to do it. I have ended up with hostess sets I didn't really want but wasn't at the level high enough for a Level 3 that I loved. This way you can spend it on anything. The cost of the hostess sets is cheap, cheap, cheap. I'm excited. PLUS you get 50 % off items too!
This catalogue is amazing. Can't wait to spend money! I too ended up thinking OMG I love this new set and then realizing it wasn't new... what a difference layout on a page and samples make.
My wish list is HUGE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

I've decided to buy more products in my problem colors in hopes of breaking out of a rut. I usually really love, love, love 1 or 2 of the new IN COLORS and I kind of use them to death and don't play with the others...this time I'm determined to tackle Wisteria Wonder and Island Indigo, whereas I would normally gravitate toward Pool Party and Calypso Coral. I'm buying them all, but I'm vowing to actually use the ones I mentioned! LOL such a nut!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsixView Post

I like this! Sometimes I earn enough for a level 1 or level 2 but I've either already earned the stamp set that I like or don't like the rest of the selection. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #22  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Quote:

I like the new hostess rewards program. I'm only a customer, and usually only earned a level one. Often the sets I really loved were a level two or three. I sometimes had to choose a level one I didn't like all that well because I had to choose something. I love the idea that I can spend it on regular catalogue products if I want too. That said, I like a LOT of the hostess sets this time around and am looking forward to being able to get some of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #23  

Yes, it will be nice to not have to hit a certain level to get the set you want. I've placed insanely large orders I didn't really NEED just to get a set...dumb:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 04:16 AM   #24  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as you are loving the catalog, have you noticed that if you look at the page numbers as you flip through the catalog, the plant sprouts and grows?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #25  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hostess benifits

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNCarolView Post
Don't get me wrong, I like many of the new catalog items (but only 2 hostess items). However, I don't have the cash to be buying it all through the year and have counted on hostess credits to obtain great products throughout the catalog or minis.
Not sure I can help but the change in the hostess rewards are really better for all concerened. 1. You get more dollors for your sales. ex; before $15 was the first amount in free merchandise. Now it is $25. 2. You can buy a hostess set if you want at a siscounted price and still have plenty left for other things in the catty. 3. You can spend all of your $25 on something in the catty. Anything!! 4. Think about a party and getting a %50 off along with your dollor amount to spend. Think Big Shot! This is just as good as the big box store %50 off coupons. YES!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I am excited for my customers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #26  
Kookie Creator

I put a sticky note on the pages of the stamp sets that are on my wish list ---and have 40 sticky notes in my new cattie ---that includes some accessories!! I like this catalog so much better than in the past couple years. And no --probably will not be getting everything as have stamped for years and have tons!! My question----when you reach the $400 dollar sale amount --can you use the buy one item at 50% off on a Big Shot??? I did not see any restrictions --unless I missed it! Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #27  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridiculously ObsessedView Post
I put a sticky note on the pages of the stamp sets that are on my wish list ---and have 40 sticky notes in my new cattie ---that includes some accessories!! I like this catalog so much better than in the past couple years. And no --probably will not be getting everything as have stamped for years and have tons!! My question----when you reach the $400 dollar sale amount --can you use the buy one item at 50% off on a Big Shot??? I did not see any restrictions --unless I missed it! Thanks!!
Yes, it's good on ANYTHING from the catalog!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #28  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,927 Likes on 2,193 Posts

Quote:

Yes, it's good on ANYTHING from the catalog!
There are two prices listed on hostess sets. One is listed as Value and the other as Hostess. Does this mean that if you aren't a hostess you can purchase hostess sets at the Value price? I wasn't sure if it was just telling me that I am getting a bargain if I buy it as hostess or if it meant others could buy it at the Value price. (Yes, I got my catty!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #29  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger53186View Post
as you are loving the catalog, have you noticed that if you look at the page numbers as you flip through the catalog, the plant sprouts and grows?????
How cute is that?! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #30  

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
There are two prices listed on hostess sets. One is listed as Value and the other as Hostess. Does this mean that if you aren't a hostess you can purchase hostess sets at the Value price? I wasn't sure if it was just telling me that I am getting a bargain if I buy it as hostess or if it meant others could buy it at the Value price. (Yes, I got my catty!!)
No you cannot purchase them outright. Its just the retail value of the set. You can only use hostess dollars for them.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I did not notice that. Now I must go look at it again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #32  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

No you cannot purchase them outright. Its just the retail value of the set. You can only use hostess dollars for them.
Thanks Minders, I was confused on that. Now I know. I think I am going to like the new system because I, too, like the choice on which hostess set I want. I usually like the level three and not enough sales to get it. I can now choose any set, and maybe get two! I assume we go by the hostess price for the hostess sets. If I choose clear mount, I can get a couple sets if I play my cards right!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can you tell me how the 12x12 cardstock has been reconfigured? I find it odd that the 12x12 cardstock is on the retiring list as "reconfigured" but it doesn't explain how. Is the 12x12 cardstock still available in the 2011-12 catty?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #34  

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrysiadView Post
Can you tell me how the 12x12 cardstock has been reconfigured? I find it odd that the 12x12 cardstock is on the retiring list as "reconfigured" but it doesn't explain how. Is the 12x12 cardstock still available in the 2011-12 catty?
They put it on the retiring list because it's coming packaged different. Any time they re-package something they "retire" it because you can no longer get it that certain way. 12 x 12 is still available in single color smooth packs and assorted textured packs. That's how they have re done it.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #35  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrysiadView Post
Never mind, mindy's already answered and she does it much better since she's a demo!

Last edited by muscrat; 06-19-2011 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: changed my answer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks so much; you put my mind at ease. I was afraid I was going to lose 12x12 SU single color cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #37  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Ok, I'm just looking ridiculous here flipping through the Idea Book & Catalog for a growing sprout? I'm not seeing it?:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #38  
Stampin' Fool

Look in the lower right-hand corners where the page numbers are. Each category has a different stage of growth.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2011, 03:58 AM   #39  

When you flip it fast it "grows", it's like a flip book:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #40  
Stampin' Fool

When will the catty "go live" on demo websites?
Thanks
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes