Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-11-2008, 08:49 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice about a beloved SCS vendor

Thru SCS I discovered a stamp vendor - apparently highly acclaimed and beloved here - and recently made a purchase, via the internet, thru her company. I received confirmation of my order, and I received confirmation my order was shipped. This was over a month ago and I still have not received my products, but my credit card has definitely been charged. I have contacted the company 5 times - twice by email and three times by phone. One was a voicemail message, the other 2 I actually spoke w/someone. None of my messages - the 2 emails or the voicemail - have been returned. The 2 phone calls where I spoke with a live person were met with enthusiasm, concern, etc. - everything to make me feel better that they are concerned that I've not yet received my product. However, each phone call is left with a "I'll check on this and get back with you." The last one - 2 days ago - was with a promise to respond by the end of the day. I am STILL waiting! I am so upset, so disappointed and so ready to tell SCS about this terrible customer service, because I think that would really get her attention as I am obviously unimportant to her, BUT I don't want to be an outcast! I'm telling you, you guys love her! She's da-bomb! But I am apparently nothing to her. I'm hurt and confused. I'm ready to take action, but what action do you take when they won't return your messages, won't do what they promise and have already charged your account? I know I can call my credit card company & dispute, but the truth is, I really want what I ordered. I'm so looking forward to receiving it, if it would ever get here. I really am upset and ready to play hardball, but am hesitant to do so at the same time. Really feeling like I'm stuck between a rock & a hard place. Any thoughts???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

is she a member here?
if she is try pming her. dont give up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm...usually on this site many people will say the name of the company, and that seems to help get things moving, but Kudos to you for not saying who it is.
Tho, after the amount of trying you have done to get some results, if they are a SCS Vendor, maybe contacting an SCS moderator or site manager may help.

You pretty much are stuck waiting for whoever you talked to at that company
to get back to you. You shouldnt have to wait that long.
Do they have there own company forum? Have you voiced your problem there?
Good luck, I hope you get it resolved soon.

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 09:33 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Do you have a tracking number for the package? If the person is as good as you say, and you received all of the other necessary order confirmations, it may be a problem with the delivery?? You can look up post office packages on usps.com and all of the other carriers (UPS, FedEx) have tracking devices on their websites. I would ask the seller to give you the delivery information and go from there..its possible there were errors and its sitting in some warehouse hub somewhere...Good luck! hope you find it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnieJaeView Post
Thru SCS I discovered a stamp vendor - apparently highly acclaimed and beloved here - and recently made a purchase, via the internet, thru her company. I received confirmation of my order, and I received confirmation my order was shipped. This was over a month ago and I still have not received my products, but my credit card has definitely been charged. I have contacted the company 5 times - twice by email and three times by phone. One was a voicemail message, the other 2 I actually spoke w/someone. None of my messages - the 2 emails or the voicemail - have been returned. The 2 phone calls where I spoke with a live person were met with enthusiasm, concern, etc. - everything to make me feel better that they are concerned that I've not yet received my product. However, each phone call is left with a "I'll check on this and get back with you." The last one - 2 days ago - was with a promise to respond by the end of the day. I am STILL waiting! I am so upset, so disappointed and so ready to tell SCS about this terrible customer service, because I think that would really get her attention as I am obviously unimportant to her, BUT I don't want to be an outcast!
I have no idea which vendor you are describing, and I genuinely sympathize with your situation.

However, I must say that I honestly believe the best approach is to always deal directly with the company and if that fails, then to approach the BBB.

Quote:

I'm telling you, you guys love her! She's da-bomb! But I am apparently nothing to her. I'm hurt and confused. I'm ready to take action, but what action do you take when they won't return your messages, won't do what they promise and have already charged your account? I know I can call my credit card company & dispute, but the truth is, I really want what I ordered. I'm so looking forward to receiving it, if it would ever get here. I really am upset and ready to play hardball, but am hesitant to do so at the same time. Really feeling like I'm stuck between a rock & a hard place. Any thoughts???
IMHO the best recourse in such a situation is to dispute the CC charges, and get your money back. You have the right to shop anywhere you choose, and if that means elsewhere, due to poor customer service, that is your right.

I might write a personal letter to the company owner, explaining my disappointment, reasons why I would not recommend the company to others.

But, I personally would not choose to air my issue with them on a public message board.

I do hope your situation is resolved to your satisfaction.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

You hinted a lot so you kinda did say who it was without saying who it is. My suggestion, since you know she's a vendor here is to contact a mod of the SCS vendor section and going through that route.

With that said.. I can completely understand your frustration!! I would be frustrated too.

View my BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Everyone here - thanks so much for the thoughts, concerns and just pretty much making me feel better. This will work out, eventually, right? I'm sure this is just an oversight on their part and I'm frustrated because I'm not getting anywhere via the routes I've taken so far. I was told there was no tracking number w/USPS the first time I called, but now am reading that USPS does have one - so I'm encouraged! I'm sure since everyone thinks she's so great that this is just a fluke. Must have some bad karma floating around and hopefully I will get that taken care of so my luck will change. Thanks, thanks, thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 11:05 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Something you can do is dispute the charges and once you get your money back, reorder if you really want the product. I would notify the company one more time telling them you will be disputing your charges if your items are to you within one week. That is plenty of time. Good luck!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would PM her before anything else. Also let the owner know how disapppointed you are and that you are going to do a chargeback. I would be extremely angry as you are. It is very bad customer service. Please let them know and I hope you get your product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
...But, I personally would not choose to air my issue with them on a public message board...
I agree with Julie about not airing them on a public board - take that from someone who has suffered the consequences a few times for diarrhea of the fingers! ;)

I think one issue that was missed, however, was: Does she (or should she?) have any recourse through any of the Moderators and/or Daven since the site was sponsored and it sounds like she shopped there as a result of the sponsored link. Obviously, I know nothing about whether or not anyone would intervene on her behalf...I'll leave that to an expert.

However, I would think that since Daven takes so much pride in this site and who the paid sponsors are that he *may* want to know, if for no other reason that to see if it is a developing pattern or truly an isolated instance. This would be a private conversation via PM, well behind the scenes involving one gal's opinion, no commentary, no escalation.

Of course, I have been riding my scooter without my helmet lately, so I could be totally off-base. :cool: ~ kbc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Sorry this is happening to you. And I hate to tell you but don't get your hopes up about a USPS tracking number. It will pretty much tell you nothing other than it shipped and it arrived. It will not track it through the system. I have had many USPS tracking numbers, but I can never tell where the package is. I only know where it is when it arrives on my door step. You will still have to deal with the vendor (or your CC company) to resolve this. If there is a tracking number and the package did not arrive, then the vendor will have to file a claim with the USPS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

if it IS who you hinted it is...

i have waited what seemed like FOREVAH for some of dem to arrive...

i found them well worth the wait! and have ordered several times from her.

good luck! and happy stamping

oh and i thought they did have tracking numbers now (if it is who i think it is)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a thought, Maybe the Order was lost in the mail.

Check with the vendor and see if the package came back to them?

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It does not matter if the pkg is lost as the SHIPPER is responsible for the pkg until it arrives to the customer. If it does not get there then the shipper must either re-send it or refund the customer. If they do not then that actually falls under fraud. I know as I had the same issue with a company last year and I was told this by a lawyer that I know and by the Post Office. There is a federal law that covers this.
That is actually a mistake that many Ebay sellers make. They think that insurance on packages protects the buyers - It does not. It protects the SELLERS. I never bid on an auction that states - not responsible if lost in the mail if you refuse to buy insurance. The seller is responsible and ebay & paypal will favor for the customer if the seller did not insure it.
It works the same way for businesses.
Reply With Quote Likes