Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #41  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinguruView Post
So are Tina and Cindy both going to Joey Demarco's wedding??? I just have to know now that this is "out there".

Sorry to say the answer is no ... my cousin has a different last name. But I do hope to meet Cindy as we don't live too far from each other.

If anyone is near Putnam County, Dutchess County or Danbury, CT we are not far from each other (Westchester County is doable too!). Maybe we can make wedding cards!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #42  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, must be the day for weddings as we have friends that are being married that evening.

I'm planning to do a free card making class at the local library that morning and maybe a card class on Friday evening. Hope this goes well and attracts some new customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2007, 10:10 AM   #43  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Location: Somewhere between here and there and enjoying the journey!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the free cardmaking class at the library is a great idea.

I am wondering about having a free class and donating the cards we make. We live in a military town, but I think cards for soldiers is a bit overdone here. Does anyone have experience with donating cards to hospitals or nursing homes?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #44  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default National Card Making day

I'm actually doing 2 classes that day from 9-12, 12-3, and 3-6. Then I'm having an open scrap and stamp night at my house. You wouldn't believe how many want to come to the 3-6 class and then stay for the night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2007, 12:02 PM   #45  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrestaView Post
I'm actually doing 2 classes that day from 9-12, 12-3, and 3-6. Then I'm having an open scrap and stamp night at my house. You wouldn't believe how many want to come to the 3-6 class and then stay for the night!
Wow! That sounds like a full day! I don't think I can go that long, but I like the idea of possibly doing a customer appreciation day and maybe making one Halloween, one Thanksgiving, one Christmas, and one Birthday card. I don't know, I'm still thinking on it.

I'd rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2007, 12:11 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrestaView Post
wow, you are VERY brave! I find that if I don't schedule at least a couple of hours of "down time" in between classes that I have stragglers from the first session carrying over to the second one and it doesn't give me time to regroup, tidy up and take a quick potty break!

My 2 to 4 PM Sunday afternoon stamp club last year had a couple of gals who were still hanging around trying to decide their orders, etc. and I had to literally kick them out before my DL meeting at 6 PM. I finally started telling them that they were welcome to stay but then they would have to sign up as a demo under me....that was light enough that they laughed but serious enough that they finally got the message. Hey, I needed to feed my family and get my stamp room shipshape (well, sorta!) before the DL meeting so I had to do something! Jan

Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #47  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollylogicView Post
Not if you tell him it makes you frisky. . .
LOL....too funny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2007, 10:08 PM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by pampartoView Post
It's my anniversary. Do you think my husband would mind if I held classes instead?? LOL

Traci

Traci,
It's my anniversary also, but my husband will be working nights so we won't be making any plans so I guess I'll have to have a class. Good luck with planning one Traci. Pam
Funny It's my Anniversary too....well actually mine is the 5th, but we always celebrate the following weekend or week if we are going on a vacation. Kinda like the same time as our honeymoon :O)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #49  
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to leggycountrygirl
Default my National Card Making day plans

I am putting together a card making time for RONALD MCDONALD House cards

there will be a monetary donation to cover all supplies only and they will make cards that will be donated to the RM house here locally.
I am the house lead, so this only seemed like a good idea to do.

Gwen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #50  
Crimping Master

Default My World Card Making Day Efforts

I'm really trying to make the most of World Card Making Day. I'm using a room at my church to hold a "Stampin' for Service Members" card making day. People will come in and make a card for free that they'll leave with me to send to the military. I'll bring extra supplies for people that want to make more cards, but each additional card will cost $1 (to cover supplies). The customer can either take the card with them or can leave it for me to send to the military (either one can work to my advantage).

Of course I will have my display board there, 3d items on display and lots of mini catalogs for people to take. I'm publicizing this event in our church's Sunday bulletin insert, our Church's website, and on e-news (an e-mail that Church sends out to all the members). I'm doing this at Church because several of our parishioners have family members serving in the military right now. I will also be able to put it in the local papers for free since its an event for charity. I'll also try and get info out to all our local home owners and civic association newsletters. I'll also send a press release to a few local radio stations and try to get it mentioned there as well.

I'm hoping that this will also get me new customers since they'll come in because of the military angle. The first line of my press release is: "Do you have 5 minutes to serve the people that serve our Country?" I hope that will garner some attention.

Do you have any plans to share?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 02:18 PM   #51  
Polyshrink Goddess

Cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmillerView Post
Okay I might be the only girl in the world BUT if I have a chance to go to the Talladega race I'm THERE! I love stamping but racing out weighs stamping! Yes ladies I know I am a little weird!
Me too!!! I'm with you. If there's a race I'm there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 06:44 AM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by traciacView Post
It's my anniversary. Do you think my husband would mind if I held classes instead?? LOL

Traci
I wanted to go to a stampin class on my 30th anniversary - my husband didn't go for it!
Reply With Quote Likes