Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Read LittleJan post!

LittleJan's post as a newbie in 'start here' comments on Cutttlebug is very interesting.

My Gallery......I would love it if you checked it out! Thank you.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
hmmmm.....that's kind of a stretch to believe because when Cuttlebug first came out, Nesties were not available. :? They must have issued this "warning video" at a later date.
I have seen these warnings, but I believe that they are referring to the foam-ejector dies, like the original sizzix, etc., not copper-rule wafer-thin dies.
I could be wrong, of course...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

Exclamation A post copied and pasted from a new member

1 Hour Ago #11
Little Jan
Cardstock Collector

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have joined mainly to find out more about us crafting as the uk is the last place to get anything new. And also to ask if you know if there is any truth in the fact that the cuttlebug is to be no more.as Someone on uk site as said that the maker of the cuttle bug has gone bust and that provcraft have no other makers in the pipeline, I have contacted Uk sellers and they do not seem to know much about this just that there is a problem with getting stock. I would like to know for sure as I saved up for while for my cuttle bug and if it is true need to stock up on dies and folders while the uk still has them
many thanks Jan

My Gallery......I would love it if you checked it out! Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #44  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Important info regarding Cuttlebug rumor- it's false

Hi, reporting back regarding the rumor that cuttlebug was in danger of being dropped by ProvoCraft as a viable product because of a factory closing. Well, that alarmed me, so I decided to drop an e-mail to ProvoCraft and let them know what was being said and ask them if there was any truth to the rumor. I received a response back from them within an hour and here is what it said:
"Hello,
This rumor is not true and is quite the opposite. We are looking to expand and grow the Cuttlebug products in the future and have new products being released at the Summer 2009 CHA show.
We appreciate your support.
Thank you,
Customer Service"

If I was more geeky I would know how to link to my original e-mail and their response so you would be assured that I am not fabricating this. However, I am NOT geeky, therefore I am forced to laboriously type it as received and hope that you believe me! :rolleyes:

Just wanted to let fellow Cuttlebug owners know the good news that the Bug has not been swatted out of existence. ;) And the additional news that there are new products on the horizon! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #45  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by trinityimpressionsView Post
Any ideas/suggestions where is the best place to order a tan mat?? Thanks!
Don't know if you've already ordered this from somewhere, but I was on Walmart's website and they have added the tan mats to their Nestie stuff. I think it was $8.66 for 2 of the new larger sized ones and there is no shipping charge if you have them sent to your choice of local Walmart and pick them up there. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
Don't know if you've already ordered this from somewhere, but I was on Walmart's website and they have added the tan mats to their Nestie stuff. I think it was $8.66 for 2 of the new larger sized ones and there is no shipping charge if you have them sent to your choice of local Walmart and pick them up there. Hope this helps!
Thanks so much for your suggestion!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #47  
Forum Fanatic

In case anyone is interested regarding more info on the false rumor about Cuttlebug not being produced anymore, I received a second e-mail yesterday from Provo-craft customer service that read as follows:

"Hello,
Please let them know, we have been asked about this quite a bit lately. My thoughts are that because we did not have any thing new in the Cuttlebug area at the CHA show last month people may have assumed that there was nothing new. They just did not have the new product ready in time, so they decided to wait for summer. The embossing folders are a big hit for everyone, I love those!!!
Thank you,
Customer Service"

I thought it was important to pass this along, since Provo-craft took the time to contact me twice yesterday with info. Hope this will put to rest the speculation on the future of Cuttlebug and related products. It certainly quieted my uncertainty and gave me something to look forwad to - MORE FOLDERS! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes