Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-07-2008, 05:21 AM   #41  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudywView Post
I would have liked for there to be more room for other companies. The list seems pretty selective. I guess I wish I knew how some member companies got in, and others did not.
Judy, I wanted to address your question. There was no selection process for the Member Companies represented at Splitcoast. Information was given to anyone who had an advertising relationship with Splitcoast. Space was offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.

The Admin Team wishes there could have been more room at the on-set, too. We actually had so many interested, that we have a waiting list. Be sure, that we are working hard to make the space available and to tweak the MC program to make it something that rocks for our advertisers and our members, alike.

This is a great thread. We're reading with interest, and appreciate your feedback.

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 05:44 AM   #42  
Knit, Purl, Stamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I, like many others, have spent a little time in the member company forums. What I was really hoping for was separate galleries for the member companies. Now that I've read above that Gina K has one, I expect it may only be a matter of time.

From all I have read here on SCS (and I'm here a LOT - LOL), it seems that all of the member companies support each other and promote each other to the best of their abilities. I think that's crucial, since you can't do anything without friends ;) As long as we all get along, I'm happy we all have one place to come and share our ideas, creations, and general fabulousness.

I think the best thing about the member companies is the much needed revenue it brings to SCS. Since this is not a money making business for Daven, Tracy and the crew, anything they can do to bring in a little extra cash is fine by me. (And I am a fan club member in case you're wondering ;) )

My Gallery
My Blog - My adventures in knitting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 10:46 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have really enjoyed everyone's opinions and suggestions regarding the member companies. I would love to see a more user friendly company gallery as well but it might already exist and I'm just so techno challenged I don't know about it! I also agree with Gina K. and Em about both the fellow member companies genuinely supporting each other and that it is important to support scs and it's members as we can. I can't wait to keep reading!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 08:14 PM   #44  
Gallery Gazer

I really like the member companies forums. I tried to chat a few times in the fun and games forums and felt like an outsider - I just didn't feel welcome to join in. I found my chatting spot in the member companies forum. Waving hi to all my sistahs!
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever

I agree! There are no pre formed judgements here that I have seen or run across personally or anythign at all to make me feeling like an outsider. :}
I really appreciate that myself.
kimk
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love having the member forums!! It's kind of like the sale papers in the newspaper to me. For example, my husband reads the paper but never looks at any ads. I look at some of the ads immediately but don't look at others. My daughter is interested in different ads then I am and doesn't look at the ones I do. Same with SCS.

So if you are *interested* in a product or company, you go to their forum and can learn. It is so nice to know that someone actually reads and responds!! But I don't have to read them if I'm not in the mood.

Plus I truly believe the owners and moderators of SCS (as well as the member companies) are good honest people who are trying to provide us with good service and good products. While I know that not every purchase made from these companies will be perfect, I believe that ALL the member companies will do their best to please every customer. I trust SCS and believe they will not allow a shady company to be a member. I have not purchased from all the member companies, but I have tremendous faith in everyone of them and would not hesitate to buy their products. To me, SCS putting them on their member companies forum is like the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval for Paper Crafting. SCS Seal of Approval!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #47  
Die Cut Diva

This has been very informative about the member company forums and I love that the owners post here and are open and welcoming of our comments.

I also think that the rapid growth and popularity of these companies through advertising and presence on SCS has prompted the current SU banner ads we've been seeing. SU putting some advertising dollars here is long overdue given the tremendous boost SCS has given to their sales over the years, IMHO.

I see this as a natural outgrowth and very smart business move by Daven and Tracy.

�Any time we can�t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.� ~Tony Blair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2008, 12:37 PM   #48  
ch
Mad Swapper

I don't mind at all that they are here--I have never looked at them however. I do miss the SCS of a few years ago--the gallery was 95% SU--it was a smaller community. We had never heard of a 'design team' other than the DD--and they used mostly SU! I'm not a 'SU Snob'--just a struggling demo with a very limited stamping budget.
But competition and diversity are good--it makes us all better. Ideas are ideas and we can use them with any brand of stamp we choose.
Thanks friends for letting me take a little walk down SCS memory lane. Maybe I'll go check out some of the 'Member Co. fourms' and see how I can become a better stamper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #49  
Hardware Hotshot

I love the direction that SCS has gone. I love the opportunity to enjoy many companies and many styles not to mention product. I rarely visit the Demo side of the forum, but feel grateful to the Nolta's for having kept that side for the SU Demo's that want to have that their main focus. For me it was eye opening to see what other art forms related to stamping/scrapbooking/paper crafts there was out in the real world.
For anyone that would want only SU all the time, I recommend they visit the SU Demo Website.

I've grown as an artist because of this site and find lots of entertainment here too.

I love the member companies and would like to see more join onboard.

PS I own lots of cool stuff still in the original packaging because of this site.:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #50  
Gallery Gazer

I agree. I don't think it matters what stamps people use - I find lots to be inspired by in the gallery and then I use a stamp or embellishment I own. Yes, Stampin' Up! brought me to SCS but it is not what keeps me here! I think this has helped me grow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by palval77View Post
I love the direction that SCS has gone. I love the opportunity to enjoy many companies and many styles not to mention product. I rarely visit the Demo side of the forum, but feel grateful to the Nolta's for having kept that side for the SU Demo's that want to have that their main focus. For me it was eye opening to see what other art forms related to stamping/scrapbooking/paper crafts there was out in the real world.
For anyone that would want only SU all the time, I recommend they visit the SU Demo Website.

I've grown as an artist because of this site and find lots of entertainment here too.

I love the member companies and would like to see more join onboard.

PS I own lots of cool stuff still in the original packaging because of this site.:mrgreen:
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2008, 02:13 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't mind them, I enjoy the member forums of the companies I already shop with.

but...

I don't think to check on companies I don't know. I missed the Lizzy Anne release entirely. It's not a big deal, I finally noticed it and bought the stamps I needed. *phew, crisis averted* My point is that I think they are a great service to existing customers, but I don't know how many new customers they are drawing in. Maybe it's just me though.

Oh and I'd freak out totally love galleries for the companies, that were organized by set and all like the SU gallery is. I tells ya, I buy a SU set sometimes JUST because of teh awesome gallery is has here on SCS. But it's not a complaint, just an opinion.

I hope all these companies do awesome, They are great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever

My dogs feet don't smell like Frito's.. I gave my 11 year old son a buck to check all three dogs :} That was 12 feet for one USA dollar ha ha a
kidz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by emsmomthestamperView Post
My dogs feet don't smell like Frito's.. I gave my 11 year old son a buck to check all three dogs :} That was 12 feet for one USA dollar ha ha a
kidz
hmmm, that's concerning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

OMGosh! They DO smell like Frito's! Too funny...and completely off topic!

I did notice the SU banner ads and commented to a friend that it was about time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #55  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by emsmomthestamperView Post
kidz
I'll have what she's having.

Update: Oh, I get it, it's a response to a signature. I thought it was a totally random comment, lol!

Last edited by krystie lee; 01-08-2008 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: added update
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2008, 05:34 PM   #56  
Stampin' Fool

Holy Cow! Yessss, I love having our member companies aboard! I don't visit SCS main page except to log in and check new info. posted by our beloved admin. Then I hit forums at the top and I'm happy. ;) If I'm interested in something special from a certain company, I know to go back *home* to get there. I like the logo list, much quicker for me to select and click.
IMHO, our member companies contribute monitarily to SCS which keeps it the bestest site on the web! They realize the power of advertising here. Why not, it's where they *grew up* in stampin' like the rest of us. They are not scamming us or SCS, they're beautiful people trying to make a living doing what they love.
I do not have to click on any thread about someone making a Design Team. Just think.. if it weren't for SCS and the tremendous knowledge contained within its walls, most of these people wouldn't have made it. Heck, I'd be hollerin' too!!!
In a nutshell, I'm learning so very much here.. but, I've also learned quite a bit from our *company ladies*. There's room for everybody as long as our time isn't wasted dodging advertising. (Isn't this really the bottom line?) I don't think this is gonna happen thanks to Daven and SCS Admin. I think it's ingenious how they planned out the separate company forums.
~ just my 14� ~
May God bless all SCS members, Sandi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #57  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for sharing your opinions....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #58  
Matboard Maniac

I'm sorry to dig up such an old thread but I haven't been able to find any info on this no matter how hard I search. What happened to the member company forums? They don't appear to exist anymore?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #59  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

They're now called Platinum Partners and there's only three currently. They're below the stamping stuff threads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2015, 10:12 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was pretty shocked to see so many left. I miss them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2015, 02:00 AM   #61  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I was pretty shocked to see so many left. I miss them.
I was really excited to see Chameleon join, especially since we were down to only two. I'm sure it must be expensive to advertise and have a forum, but I've discovered some great stuff that way and I wish there were more. I'd much rather see a banner ad for a stamping company's sale instead of herbal supplements I don't want or need!

I'm concerned that The Cat's Pajamas might be leaving, they just announced that their bi-weekly challenges will only be posted on their blog now. Crossing fingers that's not the case, and I hope we see more companies again. I really do like a one-stop shop lol.

My blog: Organized Craft Chaos | My Etsy supplies shop
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2015, 06:15 AM   #62  
Watercolor Wizard

Maybe SCS needs to think of options beside the platinum partners. For example, silver parters could host a challenge on the site once a week, month, etc. Put it in the challenge forum so we find it. And, create a "club house" forum for those companies (collectively) where they can post some specials or answer community questions).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2015, 07:58 AM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

One thing I don't like about the member company forums was that, back in the day, if you went on General Scrapping and posted something about one of the member companies, it was moved to their forum instead. So companies that didn't pay to be a member company could have a customer post about their awesome service, and that post stayed on page one of General Scrapping. But if the exact same post was about a member company, it was moved to their forum - where not as many people saw it. Seemed to me to be kind of unfair to the companies that were paying extra to be here.

Maybe that's not happening anymore - since Gina K opted out, I haven't visted the member forum area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2015, 09:54 AM   #64  
Watercolor Wizard

I also love having them here. I shop on line 99 percent of the time, so I check them all out . and I love what they bring here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2015, 06:12 AM   #65  
Watercolor Wizard

Rebekka, good to see you. I was just on your blog the other day. Hope you are well!
Reply With Quote Likes